Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they mean an actual large gun safe they can be really heavy, right? I immediately thought a body could have been tied to it to weigh it down? Which is stupid, b/c we on WS know that a body resurfacing can break free of a weight. Sounds like this is more likely to be the other missing woman from Kansas. Just so sad no matter who it is.

Agreed, but one of my working theories is that he staged the bike accident, she somehow "made it into the river" or whatever he said, and that she will turn up in the river as he has staged the accident to reveal this.... jmo
Your working theory still could work, even if she was “placed” in the river somewhere else.

This article has the unidentified body found in a box.
Body recovered from the Ninnescah River in Sumner County
I didn't hear the Sumner sheriff say this.

This has more of the on-site press conference:
(Updated with Chambers interview) Body is found at the Ninnescah River this afternoon | Sumner NewsCow
Oh wow good job getting this! “A box is over there”??? I hope they are taking the box! Again he said a few days. Suzanne has been missing approximately a month. Wouldn’t an experienced LE be able to tell days vs months decomposition? That’s the only thing making me think SM could be ruled out? What do you think?

What if Suzanne was placed in that box or safe under the dirt/dig site but was moved before cement was poured and then thrown in the river? Would a gun safe float that far? Aren’t they heavy? Or maybe BM didn’t drive to Denver but in the opposite direction first? Possibly on Friday or Saturday? All Speculation Obviously!!! My mind is going crazy right now. If it’s her it’s absolutely devastating for her daughters and that breaks my heart.
IMO it seems more likely to be the 23 y/o that is also missing from KS. :(

If they mean an actual large gun safe they can be really heavy, right? I immediately thought a body could have been tied to it to weigh it down? Which is stupid, b/c we on WS know that a body resurfacing can break free of a weight. Sounds like this is more likely to be the other missing woman from Kansas. Just so sad no matter who it is.
Yeah, I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been another incident like this (unidentified body that is speculated to be her). We’ll likely have several more of these as time goes on.

As much as I want it to be her, I am incredibly pessimistic. I think she’s buried in a remote location. He likely had a lot of time to work with.

Agreed, but one of my working theories is that he staged the bike accident, she somehow "made it into the river" or whatever he said, and that she will turn up in the river as he has staged the accident to reveal this.... jmo
Well is she was in a box she sure didn’t fly off the bike and “get in the box” before she “got in the river”. (Referring to BM theory in TD video.)

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar ~ not a limo or a clown car, or even a Cadillac.
Why couldn't the car just be parked awkwardly or just where it's not where someone would have easy access to a home or some kind of destination?
I think it's plausible that the person saw something amiss. We don't know why.
Lol, yes it's quite plausible Mr. Bach felt something was amiss, I think we know that. My comment about what made that vehicle stick out in his mind was tongue in cheek.
He was a good witness, did not share details and reported to the Sheriff.

What other missing woman from Kansas?

Depends on the gun. Could be a small case.
The Kansas sheriff fumbled the answer on the question from a journo about whether the body was in the box. I took the fumble to mean yes.
But that would have to be the daddy of all gun cases.
And now I’ll prolly have ads for guns all over my screen. Grrrr...

TEAL & YELLOW RIBBONS FOR SUZANNE IN SALIDA

Teal and yellow ribbons raise awareness for Suzanne Morphew

RIBBON-INDIANA.jpg

RIBBONINDIANA.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, yes it's quite plausible Mr. Bach felt something was amiss, I think we know that. My comment about what made that vehicle stick out in his mind was tongue in cheek.
He was a good witness, did not share details and reported to the Sheriff.

I'm glad to hear your take and that it was tongue in cheek. I was combining your and another's comment that was very similar, where you both cited a limo, which to me was weird. My apologies.

He hedged his bets though. Just in case she is not found in the river, she might never be found because the mountain lion drug her to a unrecoverable location.

The Kansas sheriff fumbled the answer on the question from a journo about whether the body was in the box. I took the fumble to mean yes.
But that would have to be the daddy of all gun cases.
And now I’ll prolly have ads for guns all over my screen. Grrrr...

A modest size metal gun case weighs about 90 pounds.

So I assume it's not a metal case, but a wooden one.

Maybe something more like a wooden crate, like one of these old WW II gun boxes

US_wooden_crateWWII01.jpgC4C58055-7694-4F3B-9D4B-55510B1D0743Original.jpg

Interesting. I just mapped this from Salida, ball-parking the closest KS town to the discovered body. The drive is slightly south and east. If one continues due east, one can head straight to Indiana.

Just an observation.

Link showing location of body: (Updated with Chambers interview) Body is found at the Ninnescah River this afternoon | Sumner NewsCow

My map:

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

JMVHO.
Lol, your map is in Arabic, too.

Yes, you could easily make a route from Salida to Indiana through this area. I certainly wouldn’t want to go on anything but the interstate—my usual plan to spend as little time as possible in any place so flat—but you can, indeed, get there fairly straightforwardly from Salida.
It’s possible whoever arranged for the body in that river had a history of being in that area, but didn’t necessarily live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member