Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was her last treatment? And does anyone know if she’s been mountain biking regularly recently?

1. We don't know
2. We don't know

We don't know... what kind of cancer, if the 2nd bout was even the same cancer or a different one, what kind of treatment she required for either round, what her diagnosis was, what kind of bike she rode, not even the color, or the brand, or how long she's been riding, or how often she rode.

None of this information has been in MSM, or in any police bulletin.

Suzanne went from having a career as an English teacher in her previous state, to staying home. Her two daughters are high school /college. The charity she runs had a small $6K revenue. I see a person who feels trapped. Mostly alone in her mansion during the day. She also had another bout of cancer. Their sprawling house was too big for them. Given the circumstance the relationship may have changed. BM was no longer happy with his wife. His wife was not happy stuck at home. I feel like that this change in circumstances had a lot to do with this.
I suspect this is right on!

I wonder if her case is getting more notice because the family appears to be affluent. Perhaps the perception is that affluent people that live in million dollar homes don't just disappear without a trace because they must be happier with their lives. It isn't the case, of course but just a possibility as to why this case got more notice. JMO
Personally, I was drawn to the case because it was relatable. It is not often that a mother disappears into thin air and on Mothers Day no less. What kept my interest is the ever so strange behavior of BM..I can't explain it away in my head. Every move he makes I find unsettling.

bbm
Exactly .
We don't know what she even looks like.
The main source I could find re. Suzanne's cancer was from her husband.
Most people including my friend change somewhat after chemo.
Hair color, weight loss, glasses ?
What ?

We do not know.
And why is the one person who knows not sharing this ?
A fair question; imo.

If she looks different now due to chemo, wouldn't someone (at the very least, on social media, but hopefully to the LE agency handling her case) who knows her say something? Something like "that is not accurate, she does not look like that now" ??

I would think they would, and I would also think MSM would have caught wind of that by now, or the CCSO would have issued a new photo, if they have one.

I do agree though, most people do look a bit different after chemo, but we don't know that's what her treatment was.
I'm guessing she looks pretty much the same now, as she did in those pics.
Well, she did on Mother's Day, anyway. :(

jmo

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Websleuths is primarily pro-LE unless there is reason not to be. They aren't obliged to tell the public anything about their investigation just to satisfy curiosity. Members have no idea what LE is doing or has done behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

The evidence will lead. Just because that evidence hasn't got this wrapped up to the public's satisfaction in 1 month does not mean they don't know what they are doing.

Local, state and federal agencies are involved. To criticize, speculate or insinuate that any of them have not conducted a case properly just because we don't know every single detail is not appropriate when there are simply no specifics in MSM to substantiate such allegations.

Some posts have been removed. Please move on from any speculation that LE doesn't know what they are doing.

Thank you.
Thank you!

I think one is underage, right? The other is, what, 20? They’re probably scared, confused, defensive for their dad and don’t know what to do.
I agree and it's heart sinking to think of how the family endures with each passing day.

However, I also think that controlling the narrative from the beginning was on the forefront for the family (BM). On May 14, four days after MM vanished, Barry's nephew, TN refused to comment on the most basic yes/no questions for a missing person.

I don't know that we have no confirmation that the couple resided together:

Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

If she looks different now due to chemo, wouldn't someone (at the very least, on social media, but hopefully to the LE agency handling her case) who knows her say something? Something like "that is not accurate, she does not look like that now" ??

I would think they would, and I would also think MSM would have caught wind of that by now, or the CCSO would have issued a new photo, if they have one.

I do agree though, most people do look a bit different after chemo, but we don't know that's what her treatment was.
I'm guessing she looks pretty much the same now, as she did in those pics.
Well, she did on Mother's Day, anyway. :(

jmo
Yes, I would think at least her daughters and other family members would have alerted LE to any changes in her appearance lately, especially any significant changes. Imo

I agree and it's heart sinking to think of how the family endures with each passing day.

However, I also think that controlling the narrative from the beginning was on the forefront for the family (BM). On May 14, four days after MM vanished, Barry's nephew, TN refused to comment on the most basic yes/no questions for a missing person.

I don't know that we have no confirmation that the couple resided together:

Noel declined to comment if Suzanne had children or who she lived with. No further details were provided.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’
bbm

What a simple question.
Why would TN decline to answer that and yes it should've been a basic question.
We were supposed to believe that Suzanne vanished while riding her bike, per. BM's words.
Of course that would've been a ride that started from the house she (& I assume BM) lived in.
Imo.

I don't think SM would be a target of human trafficking

She's a 49 year old married woman with two children living in a - what's the absurd $ figure - 1.7 million - ? estate in the used-to-be-more-pristine CO rockies (sorry, couldn't resist that jab lol, forgive me, that's the problem with us who recall them there Rockies from decades of yore - no McMansions back then)....

She has spent the previous two years undergoing cancer treatment, chemotherapy...

In fact, I find it more interesting to speculate on WHY, in a missing person's case, we only have pictures prior to her cancer treatments....

JMO

BBM

The thing is, we don't seem to know how long ago she had her first cancer treatment, do we?
Overall, though, you are saying something key. Why is there no current photo of this person? A missing person with NO current photo? A woman who has 2 teen daughters and presumably a smart phone.... there have gotta be selfies galore between the three of them. The fact that they aren't being made available must be purposeful.
I would bet SM doesn't look at all like she did in the most recent photo made available.

Yes, I would think at least her daughters and other family members would have alerted LE to any changes in her appearance lately, especially any significant changes. Imo
Agreed.

If the family has alerted LE, would they tell the public so people could be looking out for a similar lady ?
I'm asking as LE have been so quiet about this that it seems there are more questions than answers.
Imo.

He has not made an on camera statement, not once. He hasn’t given an interview, or made any public effort to get the word out.

I have no doubt the media has tried to get him to talk, and for whatever reason, he has decided against it.

If he said he was going to do an interview, a dozen reporters would be there. Clearly, he wants nothing to do with them.

So yes, I believe he is avoiding them.
It is surprising that nobody has made any public statement- neither of the daughters, none of his family, none of her family, no friends, or anybody; except shortly after the event one nephew who has since gone silent.

BBM

The thing is, we don't seem to know how long ago she had her first cancer treatment, do we?
Overall, though, you are saying something key. Why is there no current photo of this person? A missing person with NO current photo? A woman who has 2 teen daughters and presumably a smart phone.... there have gotta be selfies galore between the three of them. The fact that they aren't being made available must be purposeful.
I would bet SM doesn't look at all like she did in the most recent photo made available.
What do you think would be the reason for LE to not explain or give a recent photo ?
I still think sadly that it might not help as she may be deceased.
But let's say a random abductor took her ?
Then, wouldn't LE feel compelled to give the media a recent photo ?
It's possible LE haven't stated they have a poi so as to not 'spook' someone.
And along that line of thought, maybe LE know it's not a matter of finding an 'alive' Suzanne ?
Thinking out loud; imo and all of that.

Her treatment, may have been specific 'radio therapy' at the area, with few side effects, without appearance changes.
Yes, that could be the case. ^^^

It would help if LE would say to the public that Suzanne appears as she looked in the photos.

What are people supposed to be looking for ?
Any detail no matter how small would've been helpful.

Only because without a poi we are left to speculate if there was foul play or, she is just missing --- whether abducted, or of her own volition.
Which I think didn't happen.
I believe LE know what they're doing and I think I know why there's no recent description of Suzanne.
Imo.

Her treatment, may have been specific 'radio therapy' at the area, with few side effects, without appearance changes.

My mother had surgical treatment + chemotherapy in her 40s with little change to her appearance. Her hair got a little thinner. Can’t tell in the family photos the year before and after. She was in bed for a few months, but we didn’t take pictures of that part.

I considered that SM may have been isolated from family who would know her current appearance, but I think her fellow church members would know.

1. We don't know
2. We don't know

We don't know... what kind of cancer, if the 2nd bout was even the same cancer or a different one, what kind of treatment she required for either round, what her diagnosis was, what kind of bike she rode, not even the color, or the brand, or how long she's been riding, or how often she rode.

None of this information has been in MSM, or in any police bulletin.

That’s unfortunate. It would seem that loved ones would do more to generate interest in her case. Humanize her. Explain why it’s imperative to find her: “Two-time cancer survivor who beat the odds with two kids who need her.”

Which all of this begs the question - did no one have a recent picture of this loving mom To add to a missing poster ? And 4 weeks later we got nothing still?? I know what that translate to me
IMO

Speaking from the point of view of a former teen daughter whose mother who had cancer in her 40s....there may have been a stretch of a few months where she was feeling the effects of treatment and not interested in taking photos. Maybe lots of days in pajamas, not getting her hair done, etc.

MOO

Agreed.

If the family has alerted LE, would they tell the public so people could be looking out for a similar lady ?
I'm asking as LE have been so quiet about this that it seems there are more questions than answers.
Imo.
I think LE would have included it in the description from the start if her appearance had changed significantly and was different from the photo included in the missing persons poster.

If they were told by the family, neighbors, or friends even after that I would think they would try to be as accurate as possible. They may want to question people in the community who had seen her lately. Jmo

Speaking from the point of view of a former teen daughter whose mother who had cancer in her 40s....there may have been a stretch of a few months where she was feeling the effects of treatment and not interested in taking photos. Maybe lots of days in pajamas, not getting her hair done, etc.

MOO
ITA so when was the last picture of her taken ?

I'm spending the weekend in a nearby town to Salida - about 25 miles away. About one in five shops in the downtown area have a SM missing person flyer (8.5 inch x 11 inch). I find these flyers small and for someone not familiar with the iconic image of SM in the bike helmet, one would have no idea it's a missing person flyer without walking up close to read. I asked a local shopkeeper who brought her the flyer and she said she thought it was a friend of one of the SM/BLM children. The shopkeeper said something to the effect that the flyer was delivered recently. Two years ago I had family trip to Iowa one town away (15 miles) from Brooklyn, IA about a month after Mollie Tibbets went missing. It was like night and day - most of the storefronts in this town in Iowa had large (probably four times larger) Mollie Tibbets missing person posters and I saw a few cars (and even commercial trucks) on the nearby interstate (I-80) had Mollie Tibbets flyers or posters on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member