Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can think of at least three reasons for everyone's silence surrounding SM's disappearance.

Any information anyone revels to the public, also becomes known to the perp.

LE or other respected people in their lives have discouraged any public comment. Suggesting this will help either find SM alive or sadly find her remains.

"Whatever you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law"

MOO

How did I miss that???!!
"In fact, LE did not put out the missing poster of Suzanne in her biking helmet."
Wow!
I thought LE did this, initially.

But someone helpfully corrected me and said that it was family or friends of BM who put out the poster in her biking gear.

Eta : Sorry, I meant to say that I was corrected in thinking LE produced the missing poster.
LE may be putting the poster out now--from the above link on this page -- but did not make the poster originally.
Sometimes I'll post from an msm source and it turns out that the source was not always accurate.
Not that that happens very often in regards to msm. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In this DM article there’s 3 photos of of BM standing by his truck and in one he’s tying his shoe.

The article was published on Saturday, May 23rd and the photos captioned that they were taken on Tuesday which would’ve been May 19th.

Suzanne Morphew's husband worked at building site cops are searching
osu, thank you for the article.
:0)
What I understood was:

"The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana.
Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday."

I can't find the MSM article, maybe someone came help me, it said BM wasn't ever allowed home untill the house was turned over to him.

That said, when BM left after tieing his shoe, it was leaving his friend's home/property, not his own.

MOO and going on MSM

Yes. Sex trafficking tends to be a long, drawn out grooming process.

People seem to think that “Taken,” is how this stuff works. With all respect to Liam Neeson, that’s fiction.

I've come to believe sex trafficking is more of an ongoing fantasy, and the impetus for it regularly appearing in a list of speculative theories, even when it doesn't remotely fit the case and there's been no evidence of it occurring in any recent case followed. Kind of like what 'Bushy Haired Stranger' represented in the '70s and '80s.

I believe that Barry is avoiding all media outlets, too. The question is WHY? Why would a person who has a loved one missing avoid keep her face out in the media? I can think of only one reason, and it isn't because he is shy.

What confuses me is why haven't her girls gone to the media? Are they afraid that they will be asked about the behavior of their father and his seeming lack of interest?

I used to live in a transitional area of Toronto called Cabbagetown. It was a unusual mix of Victorian townhouses, Edwardian mansions and quaint cottages owned by up and coming young urban professionals and third generational welfare recipients with a mix of recent immigrants.

There was a very famous murder when I lived there. A young boy called Emmanuel Jacques, whose murder was called the Shoeshine Boy Murder. There was an outpouring of grief, outrage and support for the parents in the aftermath of his murder. The parents allowed two of their sons to shine shoes but may have turned a blind eye to the fact that most of their money was made hanging out around strip joints, massage parlours and gay bars around closing time, to hit up the drunks to make some money. This was waaay before social media but even back then the family felt the pressure of judgement to the point they fled back to the Azores for a while until the trial.

Suzanne's case is very different than Emmanuel's but it's understandable why family members keep a low profile when a member of their family is missing/murdered. I can't even begin to imagine the stress.

I've come to believe sex trafficking is more of an ongoing fantasy, and the impetus for it regularly appearing in a list of speculative theories, even when it doesn't remotely fit the case and there's been no evidence of it occurring.
Ha! There was one case where I said to myself “this one is sex trafficking proof.” Of course, I was proven wrong and it was brought up.

I actually saw a comment on one group for this case, saying “she’s a prime target for sex trafficking.”

In short, that’s why I’m here and not there.

Last edited:
He has not made an on camera statement, not once. He hasn’t given an interview, or made any public effort to get the word out.

IF he has lawyered-up, as Nancy Grace said on her show a few weeks ago, his attorney would advise him to keep his mouth shut. Now we know he didn't when the youtube guy (TD) got him to talk on camera. But he may have been chastised for doing that.

What I understood was:

"The 52-year-old is currently staying at a property close to the marital home and has been joined by friends who have flown in from his native Indiana.
Morphew was pictured leaving the property along with Davis shortly before the CSI investigators arrived to search his home on Tuesday."

I can't find the MSM article, maybe someone came help me, it said BM wasn't ever allowed home untill the house was turned over to him.

That said, when BM left after tieing his shoe, it was leaving his friend's home/property, not his own.

MOO and going on MSM
A good place to look for past MSM articles/pictures/videos is in the MEDIA, MAPS and TIMELINE link on page 1 of each thread.

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

There are several w/s members that work very hard to archive this information. Thank You to @oviedo and other members that keep it current!

Hope this helps:)

I'm spending the weekend in a nearby town to Salida - about 25 miles away. About one in five shops in the downtown area have a SM missing person flyer (8.5 inch x 11 inch). I find these flyers small and for someone not familiar with the iconic image of SM in the bike helmet, one would have no idea it's a missing person flyer without walking up close to read. I asked a local shopkeeper who brought her the flyer and she said she thought it was a friend of one of the SM/BLM children. The shopkeeper said something to the effect that the flyer was delivered recently. Two years ago I had family trip to Iowa one town away (15 miles) from Brooklyn, IA about a month after Mollie Tibbets went missing. It was like night and day - most of the storefronts in this town in Iowa had large (probably four times larger) Mollie Tibbets missing person posters and I saw a few cars (and even commercial trucks) on the nearby interstate (I-80) had Mollie Tibbets flyers or posters on them.
bbm

Thanks, I was thinking someone saw friends of the Morphew daughters and not deputies handing out the flyers ?

I trust Lauren Scharf's reporting but I wonder if she was given correct information ?

Ha! There was one case where I said to myself “this one is sex trafficking proof.” Of course, I was proven wrong and it was brought up.

I actually saw a comment on one group for this case, saying “she’s a prime target for sex trafficking.”

Drug lords & sex trafficking are 2 of the most-often used theories. I followed the case of a missing young child and the theories were rife with "she was taken by sex traffickers" or "her parents must have owed money to some drug lords so they took the young child."

I can't think of any missing female case I followed where those 2 theories weren't floated.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What I understood was:

MOO and going on MSM

Is this the one?

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Authorities have cordoned off the home of Suzanne Morphew, a Chaffee County woman who has been missing since May 10.

Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the home “is being held as part of the investigation.”

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman

I don’t think that’s it, although I have obviously seen the same sentiment being expressed.

This circumstances are strange, and you have this low risk victim disappearing into thin air. Couple that with the accessible social media pages, and you have a victim that people are interested in.

Had she been a high risk victim, living in a high grime area, who had no social media, then the case wouldn’t be getting nearly as much attention. This is the exact type of case that’s always going to get a great deal of attention.

No matter what she looked like, I’m absolutely convinced people would be paying attention here.
Agreed, plus the fact that a mother went missing on Mother's Day is always going to be newsworthy.

I've come to believe sex trafficking is more of an ongoing fantasy, and the impetus for it regularly appearing in a list of speculative theories, even when it doesn't remotely fit the case and there's been no evidence of it occurring in any recent case followed. Kind of like what 'Bushy Haired Stranger' represented in the '70s and '80s.
Human Trafficking is real, not imaginary.
Myths, Facts, and Statistics
It's a problem where I live.
I know people who have to deal with it for their job. I've been to meetings on it. I've had professional trainings on it.
I was brainstorming.
It happens to white women.
I am not saying SM was.
I said it happens and it happens in Colorado too.
Crime doesn't always happen in nice neat little packages, with clearly defined borders. It's amorphous, one thing affects another.
So it's good to be aware of the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321