Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Human Trafficking is real, not imaginary.
Myths, Facts, and Statistics
It's a problem where I live.
I know people who have to deal with it for their job. I've been to meetings on it. I've had professional trainings on it.
I was brainstorming.
It happens to white women.
I am not saying SM was.
I said it happens and it happens in Colorado too.
Crime doesn't always happen in nice neat little packages, with clearly defined borders. It's amorphous, one thing affects another.
So it's good to be aware of the bigger picture.
The argument isn’t that it’s not real, it’s that women aren’t snatched off bicycles and forced into sex trafficking. That is not how it works.

I know people who have to deal with it for their job. I've been to meetings on it. I've had professional trainings on it.
I was brainstorming.
I am not saying SM was.
Crime doesn't always happen in nice neat little packages, with clearly defined borders. It's amorphous, one thing affects another.
Thank you for a very poignant post. People would be surprised to see the extent of it.

Though, I do not feel it is a factor in SM's case

MOO

Last edited:
Drug lords & sex trafficking are 2 of the most-often used theories. I followed the case of a missing young child and the theories were rife with "she was taken by sex traffickers" or "her parents must have owed money to some drug lords so they took the young child."

I can't think of any missing female case I followed where those 2 theories weren't floated.

<modsnip>
Probably because to be thorough you have to consider all possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of at least three reasons for everyone's silence surrounding SM's disappearance.

Any information anyone revels to the public, also becomes known to the perp.

LE or other respected people in their lives have discouraged any public comment. Suggesting this will help either find SM alive or sadly find her remains.

"Whatever you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law"

MOO
Trying to place myself in the situation of being one of BM’s daughters or friends, not an easy position for them to be in. What if the daughters have now realized that it’s a possibility that their father caused the death or disappearance of their mother? What could they possibly say to media? What would you say under these circumstances? JMO

This 9News Clip focuses on the store fronts of Salida and shows pics of the flyers. They are 8.5” x 11”, your standard US letter size.

Also, I wanted to post the only two MSM interviews I could find with Suzanne’s nephew TN. Hopefully they are allowed as they are from two news channels.

May 14, 2020 CBS Denver:

May 15, 2020 9News:

Trying to place myself in the situation of being one of BM’s daughters or friends, not an easy position for them to be in. What if the daughters have now realized that it’s a possibility that their father caused the death or disappearance of their mother? What could they possibly say to media? What would you say under these circumstances? JMO
Agree, that is the most heartbreaking part. They quite possibly might have lost their mom, have been betrayed by their dad and now lost both parents?

MOO

I was brainstorming.
I am not saying SM was.
Having seen the end result of sex trafficking, yeah, it is VERY real.

Yes and this is why all the silence from everyone says so much.

Found the local Salida newspaper: The Mountain Mail. They posted a short article on the community canvass plus a timeline.

I used a proxy site (daproxy.biz) so as not not create an account.

Investigators conduct community-wide canvass in Suzanne Morphew case

“Timeline of the Susan Morphew disappearance:
May 10: Morphew is reported missing to Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff’s deputies and Chaffee County Search and Rescue South and North search for the missing woman. Department of Corrections (DOC) is contacted to join search with tracking dogs.

May 11: Members of Chaffee County Tac Team join the search with DOC search parties. More than 100 people participate in the search.

May 13: Drones and eight tracking and scent dogs from DOC and Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado are deployed to assist in the search. Colorado Parks and Wildlife and South Arkansas Swiftwater Rescue Team search area watersheds. REACH Air Ambulance flies search missions. Investigators from 11th Judicial District, CBI, Salida Police Department, Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and FBI join the search effort. A tip line is set up at 719-312-7530.

A $200,000 reward for information leading to Morphew’s safe return is offered by her family.

May 15: A personal item belonging to Morphew is reported found by Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, focusing the search in a 2.5-mile area near CR 225 and U.S. 50. U.S. 50 is closed as 90 searchers from multiple agencies comb the targeted area.

May 17: Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue team investigates water sites in the search area.

Chaffee County residents are asked by law enforcement to preserve “any and all” video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras and similar for the period of May 8-12.

Morphew’s husband, Barry Morphew, releases a video plea for Morphew’s return: “Oh, Suzanne, if anyone is out there that can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you. We miss you. The girls need you. No questions asked. However much they want, I will do whatever it takes to get you back, ‘cause honey, I love you and I want you back so bad.”

May 20: Law enforcement continues to search Morphew home under a sealed search warrant for clues to Morphew’s disappearance. Sheriff John Spezze states, “This is an open investigation and all possibilities surrounding Morphew’s disappearance are being considered.”

May 22: A property on CR 105 becomes a focus for the investigation. The property owner is reported as fully cooperative.

May 24: The search at the CR 105 property is concluded. Investigators are unable to make a connection to the Morphew case.

May 26: More than 400 calls had been made to the tip line.”

I totally agree~I don’t quite get the all quiet-never seen anything like it.

IME, people who are innocent and whose loved one is missing, try every method possible to find the person. For example, if there's even a slight chance that a mountain lion is involved, they want lots of trail cams and multiple dog searches.

If the Morphew family (the three remaining close kin of Suzanne) believe it's a mountain lion, that would be a good plan. If they are torn between mountain lion and crazy stalker, IME, it would still be a good plan, along with cooperating with LE to create anxiety and strain for the crazy stalker.

So. We out here in the public do not know enough. But it's not like there are infinite possibilities, either.

This 9News Clip focuses on the store fronts of Salida and shows pics of the flyers. They are 8.5” x 11”, your standard US letter size.

Also, I wanted to post the only two MSM interviews I could find with Suzanne’s nephew TN. Hopefully they are allowed as they are from two news channels.

May 14, 2020 CBS Denver:

May 15, 2020 9News:

^^^^ Thanks for these clips and links, @Janeumayer !

Where do I start ?

The first larger banner says "...left for a bike ride..." etc.
Her own family questions the bike ride and no one has been able to say that they saw her leave on Mother's Day.

And the third with the pic of the flyer : "...Last seen in this helmet..."
No, that's a fabrication.
LE never said she was seen in any helmet.
And as far as we know, no one saw her in any helmet or on her bike.

Who is promoting the : "she was last seen in this helmet..." ?
TN ?
How would he know ?

BM ?
Well great, then he saw her on MD and he knows what she was wearing as well !
Do tell us, BM.
So why isn't he getting that information out to the media ?
On and on.... what a load of hogwash.
Imo.

Drug lords & sex trafficking are 2 of the most-often used theories. I followed the case of a missing young child and the theories were rife with "she was taken by sex traffickers" or "her parents must have owed money to some drug lords so they took the young child."

I can't think of any missing female case I followed where those 2 theories weren't floated.

<modsnip>

Which speaks volumes about the sleuthing process. People propose absolutely anything. So we've had "sex trafficking" for Barbara Thomas, but also for women who appear to have disappeared for other reasons entirely.

I don't think BT was sex trafficked, myself.

In the absence of better evidence, I take a null hypothesis derived from statistics. If we had one shred of evidence indicating that Barbara was sex trafficked or that 69 year olds are sex trafficked, I'd perk up my ears.

But, there are these really antisocial people (either a man or men, or a man and a woman) who pick up vulnerable women for no reason at all, except that they can. What they do with them later is variable.

In Suzanne's case, it's either the husband or a lover or someone locally with a beef, either with Suzanne or some person close to her, IMO.

Or somehow, she disappeared into the wild, without leaving a scent that dogs could follow and without leaving any kind of note or evidence that that's what she did. Very hard on the family, if true.

May 14, 2020 CBS Denver:

May 15, 2020 9News:

It's weird that BM echoes the exact same words several days later in his videotaped plea for Suzanne's return. 'No questions asked', Is it possible the video was scripted by TN?

It's weird that BM echoes the exact same words several days later in his videotaped plea for Suzanne's return. 'No questions asked', Is it possible the video was scripted by TN?

Certainly possible; another possibility....

What if it was filmed on the same day as the TN interview? Just not released until the 17th? What positive results could have come from this pseudo- plea? IMO this was nothing more than setting up a strategy for defense. For the jury, should we be fortunate enough to get there.

What if it was filmed on the same day as the TN interview? Just not released until the 17th? What positive results could have come from this pseudo- plea? IMO this was nothing more than setting up a strategy for defense. For the jury, should we be fortunate enough to get there.

Yes, that sounds very plausible. If they did film the same day as TN phone interview why would they hang on to it? Reading from a script is probably why BM doesn't portray any real emotion or fear for his wife. At least not in my opinion.

Yes, that sounds very plausible. If they did film the same day as TN phone interview why would they hang on to it? Reading from a script is probably why BM doesn't portray any real emotion or fear for his wife. At least not in my opinion.

IMO if they had been released on the same date it would erode TN’s credibility, diminish the probability of donations to the raising money site. Lastly, it would have been obvious they worked together to create the narrative.

MOO

I don’t think it was setting up a strategy for defense, rather, I think this was an effort to ensure that it doesn’t come to that in the first place.

When the significant other of a missing person doesn’t speak to the media, whispers begin. When days pass and that still doesn’t happen, those whispers grow into murmurs.

The questions begin, and suspicion sets in.

This was his effort to quell all of that, without the added scrutiny of actually having to answer difficult questions.

Of course those questions aren’t difficult, if you merely tell the truth, and have nothing to hide.

I don’t think it was setting up a strategy for defense, rather, I think this was an effort to ensure that it doesn’t come to that in the first place.

When the significant other of a missing person doesn’t speak to the media, whispers begin. When days pass and that still doesn’t happen, those whispers grow into murmurs.

The questions begin, and suspicion sets in.

This was his effort to quell all of that, without the added scrutiny of actually having to answer difficult questions.

Of course those questions aren’t difficult, if you merely tell the truth, and have nothing to hide.

There is that dirty “C” word again.

Control.

Agree, trying to control the direction of LE and public opinion. Interestingly the only place this ever showed up was on the FSM social media account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader