Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the pictures used on the posters and banners:
What if LE found that she was last seen with her helmet (bike, etc) just as described and pictured? That may be one of the things canvassing officers will share with the people they speak with in person.

I know this is getting annoying to hear this, but to say it again; just because LE hasn't announced it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are likely many "its".

Last edited:
IMO if they had been released on the same date it would erode TN’s credibility, diminish the probability of donations to the raising money site. Lastly, it would have been obvious they worked together to create the narrative.

MOO

I'm glad I heard that telephone interview. It's kind of put TN under a whole new light for me.

^^^^ Thanks for these clips and links, @Janeumayer !

Where do I start ?

The first larger banner says "...left for a bike ride..." etc.
Her own family questions the bike ride and no one has been able to say that they saw her leave on Mother's Day.

And the third with the pic of the flyer : "...Last seen in this helmet..."
No, that's a fabrication.
LE never said she was seen in any helmet.
And as far as we know, no one saw her in any helmet or on her bike.

Who is promoting the : "she was last seen in this helmet..." ?
TN ?
How would he know ?

BM ?
Well great, then he saw her on MD and he knows what she was wearing as well !
Do tell us, BM.
So why isn't he getting that information out to the media ?
On and on.... what a load of hogwash.
Imo.
Has a local shared what deputies are specifically asking?

Posts discussing a random video have been removed.

While random blogs or videos can be interesting, WS limits what we rely on as fact. We have no idea who all these various youtubers or bloggers are and no way of vetting them, therefore no way of knowing their sources.

We have had instances in the past where non-factual information has been presented by random sources, even down to Missing Persons pages who have stated a child was found when the child was in fact deceased. We know of other youtube videos where misinformation has been put out. There is a reason we don't allow just any old source.

Stick to MSM, LE and approved WS sources. If you don't know whether or not a source is approved, please ask before posting so we don't have page after page to go through to locate and remove the various responses.

Thanks.

I don't think it is fair to say BLM is avoiding the media. The mainstream reporter who has been doing the best job of covering this case is 204 miles away in Colorado Springs (Lauren Scharf). That's 204 miles away from the area that it's been suggested BLM should be searching every waking minute of every day. I haven't seen a single news report from a correspondent that is actually standing anywhere near BLM's house since the house search, when he briefly showed up in some long distance news cam shots, and it appeared that he was asked to leave. As a matter of fact I believe it was reported that he did leave, right after he tied his shoe.
He doesn't seem like a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook kind of communicator to me. My impression is that he's more of an old school, "in your face" kind. I could be wrong about that.
Since I'm on that subject, I could be wrong about a whole lot of things in this case. I think that any one of us should be able to say that. There's just a lot of misinformation out there, and not much plain old garden variety information in the mix. I don't see that it's his job to keep the public informed.
IMO

You said, "204 miles away in Colorado Springs". No, it's 103 miles by car. You're not talking round trip, you said 'miles away'. So, let's be clear about that.

Tied his shoe? There is no photo of him tying his shoe so you must be talking about the one on the DM where his foot is midair looking like he's about to kick the vehicle next to him. Is that the photo you're alluding to?
It's not about not liking social media. It's about finding his wife.
Remember that facebook video he made, where he was pleading to 'someone' for her return? "Oh Suzanne!"? [his words] That was pretty much "in your face", but since then... nothing.
It's not his JOB to keep his wife's face or missing person's case out there or to keep the public informed but if he really thought she was abducted (the bike, bike, bike!) and wanted the public to help find her, he'd be shouting from the mountain tops and every news media who'd let him to help him bring his BELOVED WIFE HOME!
Even if he had to travel 2 hours to do so. But, if invited, they'd gladly come to him ~ in droves.
This is just my humble opinion, though.

You said, "204 miles away in Colorado Springs". No, it's 103 miles by car. You're not talking round trip, you said 'miles away'. So, let's be clear about that.

Tied his shoe? There is no photo of him tying his shoe so you must be talking about the one on the DM where his foot is midair looking like he's about to kick the vehicle next to him. Is that the photo you're alluding to?
Remember that facebook video he made, where he was pleading to 'someone' for her return? "Oh Suzanne!"? [his words] That was pretty much "in your face", but since then... nothing.
It's not his JOB to keep his wife's face or missing person's case out there or to keep the public informed but if he really thought she was abducted (the bike, bike, bike!) and wanted the public to help find her, he'd be shouting from the mountain tops and every news media who'd let him to help him bring his BELOVED WIFE HOME!
Even if he had to travel 2 hours to do so. But, if invited, they'd gladly come to him ~ in droves.

Hear, hear! Prudent action and/or response when your loved one is missing whether by accident, abduction, or voluntarily.

Yes. If he believed his wife was kidnapped, then his behavior makes absolutely no sense. Law enforcement clearly doesn’t believe that, so it’s actually in his best interest to “scream from the mountain tops.”

If he merely picked up the phone and talked to a reporter, this case would be front page news again. His priority is not finding his wife, because I believe he knows what happened to her.

I’ve said this before, but at a bare minimum, he’s the worst husband on the face of the earth.

He’s not the first man from Colorado that I’ve said that about. Incidentally, the others were cold blooded killers.

Why is he a horrible husband? Because if you didn’t kill her, someone took her. If someone took her, the only way you can help save her is via public attention.

Enough said. Pass the rotten tomatoes.

Last edited:
I don’t think it was setting up a strategy for defense, rather, I think this was an effort to ensure that it doesn’t come to that in the first place.

When the significant other of a missing person doesn’t speak to the media, whispers begin. When days pass and that still doesn’t happen, those whispers grow into murmurs.

The questions begin, and suspicion sets in.

This was his effort to quell all of that, without the added scrutiny of actually having to answer difficult questions.

Of course those questions aren’t difficult, if you merely tell the truth, and have nothing to hide.

I think it's twofold. Yes to hushing the gossip/whispers and 'trying' to lead LE in that direction (even if it took a week to do so) AND setting up a storyline, not necessarily for a defense but that doesn't hurt, either.
If he were to do a news conference where questions were asked, I'll eat my hat. Upon further thought, I'd have to buy one. Can't remember the last hat I owned that someone didn't 'borrow'. I don't think I'll have to worry about it.

Yes. If he believed his wife was kidnapped, then his behavior makes absolutely no sense. Law enforcement clearly doesn’t believe that, so it’s actually in his best interest to “scream from the mountain tops.”

If he merely picked up the phone and talked to a reporter, this case would be front page news again. His priority is not finding his wife, because I believe he knows what happened to her.

I’ve said this before, but at a bare minimum, he’s the worst husband on the face of the earth.

He’s not the first man from Colorado that I’ve said that about. Incidentally, the others were cold blooded killers.

Why is he a horrible husband? Because if you didn’t kill her, someone took her. If someone took her, the only way you can help save her is via public attention.

Enough said. Pass the rotten tomatoes.

Music to my ears.

Which speaks volumes about the sleuthing process. People propose absolutely anything. So we've had "sex trafficking" for Barbara Thomas, but also for women who appear to have disappeared for other reasons entirely.

I don't think BT was sex trafficked, myself.

In the absence of better evidence, I take a null hypothesis derived from statistics. If we had one shred of evidence indicating that Barbara was sex trafficked or that 69 year olds are sex trafficked, I'd perk up my ears.

But, there are these really antisocial people (either a man or men, or a man and a woman) who pick up vulnerable women for no reason at all, except that they can. What they do with them later is variable.

In Suzanne's case, it's either the husband or a lover or someone locally with a beef, either with Suzanne or some person close to her, IMO.

Or somehow, she disappeared into the wild, without leaving a scent that dogs could follow and without leaving any kind of note or evidence that that's what she did. Very hard on the family, if true.

BBM
It occurs to me that BM may have been trying to hint at someone with a beef (with him) abducting her, rather than random crazed kidnapper.

He might think that would be credible because of his history of violent bad temper. I can imagine him telling people: when you’re a big, tough, successful building contractor you’re going to have enemies.

But leaving the door slightly ajar in case any other scenario seems more palatable to LE/the public.

I used to live in a transitional area of Toronto called Cabbagetown. It was a unusual mix of Victorian townhouses, Edwardian mansions and quaint cottages owned by up and coming young urban professionals and third generational welfare recipients with a mix of recent immigrants.

There was a very famous murder when I lived there. A young boy called Emmanuel Jacques, whose murder was called the Shoeshine Boy Murder. There was an outpouring of grief, outrage and support for the parents in the aftermath of his murder. The parents allowed two of their sons to shine shoes but may have turned a blind eye to the fact that most of their money was made hanging out around strip joints, massage parlours and gay bars around closing time, to hit up the drunks to make some money. This was waaay before social media but even back then the family felt the pressure of judgement to the point they fled back to the Azores for a while until the trial.

Suzanne's case is very different than Emmanuel's but it's understandable why family members keep a low profile when a member of their family is missing/murdered. I can't even begin to imagine the stress.

BBM

I'm admittedly on the fence. There could be a plethora of reasons that there's been silence from BM, the family, and LE, and not all of them are because BM is guilty of murdering his wife.

I have no idea how I would react in a similar position. I can say that if I were being accused all over the internet of murdering my loved one, and I was innocent and haven't been named a POI, that I would be scared to death to speak publicly. I'm camera shy but even a phone interview would give me pause. I can't imagine being innocent and under that kind of scrutiny. Everything I'd say or do would be conceived as a sign of guilt. My private life would become public record and would not be judged kindly or without bias.

Many suspected SC in Heidi's murder, and he was blasted online. (Not here) Not only was he accused of murder, but he was ridiculed for the way he spoke, his facial expressions, what many perceived as lack of intelligence, accused of being on drugs during interviews, and accused of (badly) faking his grief. And here he was, just this poor young dude bereft with worry and anguish that his fiancee and unborn child are missing with very little trace.

Having said all that, would I still give interviews or public pleas? I would like to think so but I'd probably speak through my lawyer if he advised me to make any statements at all at that point. I know to many that may still point to my guilt but at least my body language and physical features wouldn't be analyzed by you tube body language "experts" and commenters who have the gift of knowing a murderer by the way I dress. (Not to mention I have ADHD and tend to be awkward; I don't always display emotions "appropriate" for some situations.)

One last note:. I truly believe that if I were suspected of harming my child in any way that it would not stand in my way of doing anything I could to find him, including live interviews.

I don't necessarily believe this is why BM is silent, but I also don't necessarily believe his silence equates guilt either. I am guilty of often suspecting the SO. But we know
so very little about this case and about these people. I can't publicly accuse a man of killing his wife without one shred of even circumstantial evidence. We don't know who's searching or anything going on behind the scenes. LE stated 6+ searches had happened and we didn't know until they told us. Look how much we didn't know that had gone for so long in Mr. Gannon's murder.

I have a feeling this will either go cold or there's some twist to it that no one could have suspected. I don't think stranger abduction and definitely not an animal attack.

I'm spending the weekend in a nearby town to Salida - about 25 miles away. About one in five shops in the downtown area have a SM missing person flyer (8.5 inch x 11 inch). I find these flyers small and for someone not familiar with the iconic image of SM in the bike helmet, one would have no idea it's a missing person flyer without walking up close to read. I asked a local shopkeeper who brought her the flyer and she said she thought it was a friend of one of the SM/BLM children. The shopkeeper said something to the effect that the flyer was delivered recently. Two years ago I had family trip to Iowa one town away (15 miles) from Brooklyn, IA about a month after Mollie Tibbets went missing. It was like night and day - most of the storefronts in this town in Iowa had large (probably four times larger) Mollie Tibbets missing person posters and I saw a few cars (and even commercial trucks) on the nearby interstate (I-80) had Mollie Tibbets flyers or posters on them.
That's interesting. Thank you for the local info.

I think the differences between Mollie's case and this one, may explain the lack of large posters all over Salida.

I think most people believed poor Mollie was abducted while out exercising.

I am not sure that most people believe the same about Suzanne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia