Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it a 2.5 hour drive, also traffic hits around that time ..
On Mothers Day? A Sunday?
Yes, in nyc traffic is crazy on sunday and a mothers day, not sure about any other area.
I'm near LA and I don't think the traffic is typically bad on Sundays. At least nothing like during the work week.
So, I guess I don't know about Denver.
I expect NYC might be the worst tho.

I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree.

You could slap a pair of rose-colored glasses on my head and make me shotgun a gallon of Kool-aid and I still wouldn't see BM's actions as those of an innocent husband displaying concern for his wife.

BM is the one who claims that the neighbor called him after she went to the house, and that he's the one who suggested that "maybe we should call the police."

So, either BM is a liar, or it was his idea to call the police.
Regardless of which of those two are true, he comes out looking bad.

Husbands who lie about events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.
Husbands who appear to be manipulating people and events surrounding their wife's disappearance are suspect.

Did you hear him ask TD to keep an eye out for an injured/confused/unconscious SM while he was out searching, to dial 9-1-1 immediately if he found her, what to do if she appeared injured, etc.?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he asked TD to keep an eye out for evidence and if he found "something," not to touch anything.
On account of, you know, DNA and stuff.

One would think finding his missing wife would be the presumed focus and sole intent of searches.
Interesting and, in my eyes, highly damning that the possibility of finding SM there didn't even occur to BM.

The likeliest reason for that not occurring to him is that he knows she isn't there to be found.
On account of, that isn't where he put her.

Did you hear BM ask TD if he had any recording devices and if so, ask him if he could post at least part of their convo to Social Media to help get the word out about Suzanne's disappearance to the public and to remind the public that there's a 210k reward?

No?
Huh.
Me, neither.

Instead, he wanted to make sure that TD put away his recording devices.
On account of, you know, they'd "had a lot of media there" and stuff.

Of course!
I mean, what innocent husband doesn't place concern about his own image above the safety and wellbeing of his missing, possibly injured, lost and dying wife?

If these are the actions of an innocent, devoted husband doing everything he can to locate his missing wife, then I'm the Pope.

Of England.

JMO.
Respectfully, you are still judging every action and every word from this POV; he is guilty.
I did not ask you to put on rosy colored glasses, I asked simply you remove the blue tinted.
I apologize if something challenged your theory.
There are still those here, who do have doubts.
I believe also we may be having lingering carry over from Letecia.
She threw out everything but the kitchen sink did it. Most of his MAY have been initiated by others.
BM has actually had a job and run a business, successfully. We have no evidence
disputing this. Letecia, not so much. We actually have much more evidence, that she has not held a job for lengthy periods of time.
BM has been happily married for 27 years, Letecia, no. We have evidence she was working toward #3
Big confusion here: we questioned repeatedly Al’s naivety staying in a marriage w/ Letecia. Yet we have numerous discussions about the hidden difficulties of leaving a 27 yr marriage, giving Suzanne a pass. some very true and heartbreaking, and some personal.
To continue to accept this theory, imo, is implying that Suzanne is weaker than Al. This particular speculation demeans Suzanne, perhaps her memory, also.
The only evidence we have is that of a stable,
Loving, happy marriage. IMO Suzanne is almost the antithesis of Leticia.

Al Stauch is that rare man who is big enough to be able to allow his emotions be on full display. However, when did he speak to the public? The military has always taught soldiers to be tough, with no emotional display. It is my opinion, there has been recent evidence this approach may be a component of PTSD.
IOW, tough under fire, does not need to carry over back home.
BM may not have that military training, to be tough, but when we look at him, we speculate he is not sincere.

The second video, IMO shows the progression from shock to desperation. BM isn’t throwing out one new theory, and he isn’t trying to throw blame anywhere. He is checking off the ones ruled out. He isn’t claiming his innocence. IIRC by this time, Letecia may have been on her way back to CO.
So take off the blue tints, because LE DOES have this case. It’s just not BM. Go back to BMs response, he seemed perplexed that TD thought he was still under suspicion, “they cleared me.”
Think about all the guilty spouses sleuthed here, IMO most would have been protesting their innocence, anywhere and everywhere. Why doesn’t BM? Because he knows he has not harmed her. A guilty man plotting his wife’s disappearance would have his defense nailed down, word for word.

Random stranger kidnappings actually aren’t rare. The rarity in this case is the risk factor.
Most predators know better than to drive vans. RVs may be the new vehicle of choice. They are everywhere. Once you cross BM off, and put the energy toward other options, you realize the hopelessness. that is what I saw in second video, realizing all the other options, while absolutely horrible(lion attack)May at least have answers.
I have followed the BM train for threads. I apologize for being the one hold out. Should the real evidence at trial be this sparse, I have far more than reasonable doubt.
I am also perplexed. Whatever side of the fence I am on, will not change SM or BMs future. Why is it so important to be right?
I will go right back into my personal community, among many happily married couples, sad.
Barry and Suzanne would have fitted right in.
This detail has been bothering me. If the 911 call was made about 5:45, why did it take BM so long to make that drive?
Do we know what part of Denver he was working in?
It takes approx 40 mins to travel from one side of Columbia, Denver much larger city. traffic flowing smoothly. did he have to tie up loose end and hit the road? Or already on the road?

On Mothers Day? A Sunday?

I'm near LA and I don't think the traffic is typically bad on Sundays. At least nothing like during the work week.
So, I guess I don't know about Denver.
I expect NYC might be the worst tho.

It is, i always thought Sundays were a calm traffic day.. but it isnt, its the worst. Also on a holiday forget it. This past Mothers Day i told my fiancee lets just stay home to avoid traffic and long waits.

Another thing about the timing is, when was he planning to get back if there hadn’t been an emergency?

Was he in contact with his daughters about their safe travel, SM aside?

If he knew early on that the girls had gotten a late start, or were delayed, he didn’t think to contact SM and see how she’s spending her Mother’s Day unexpectedly alone?

So many questions...

MOO

Another thing about the timing is, when was he planning to get back if there hadn’t been an emergency?

Was he in contact with his daughters about their safe travel, SM aside?

If he knew early on that the girls had gotten a late start, or were delayed, he didn’t think to contact SM and see how she’s spending her Mother’s Day unexpectedly alone?

So many questions...

MOO

Mothers Day becomes like any other day after being 27years together. MOO

Mothers Day becomes like any other day after being 27years together. MOO

BM spoke on this with TD on video. He said he had a conversation with SM, asking it is ok for him to work on MD since the girls would be home. It wasn’t just any other day, according to BM himself.

Also, I’ve been married 27+ years and it’s not just any other day here.

MOO

BM spoke on this with TD on video. He said he had a conversation with SM, asking it is ok for him to work on MD since the girls would be home. It wasn’t just any other day, according to BM himself.

MOO
ITA - it's Mother's Day WEEKEND - wonder what type of Father's Day is planned for BM?
JMO

MOO

Everyday is Mothers Day! Around here!
It just doesnt take for it to be Mothers Day to get a call from loved ones to ask how im doing, that is done everyday!!!

Youre making it seem like Mothers Day is like your Wedding Day.. this big ol event!

Mothers Day is typical and relaxing.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
and you can bet there will be cameras and receipts .... and of course the GPS that his truck has (upthread the sticker for the truck was posted confirming this)
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Residents will disagree. Sunday, pandemic, roads wide open without distraction.

Not in NYC pandemic or not i swore the whole world had something to do. Just what i seen, seems like people were trying to stay busy regardless if there was a pandemic.

and regardless doesnt anyone think maybe he has to pack his stuff up before he heads back on the road?

I just dont think its fair people are quick to point fingers, everybody reaction will be different not as you expect.

Everyday is Mothers Day! Around here!
It just doesnt take for it to be Mothers Day to get a call from loved ones to ask how im doing, that is done everyday!!!

Youre making it seem like Mothers Day is like your Wedding Day.. this big ol event!

Mothers Day is typical and relaxing.

I’m referring to what BM said about Mother’s Day. He says that he talked to SM about it. Plans were made between him and SM. But the plans changed because the girls were late. So she was alone, unplanned.

Did he know she was spending MD alone? When did he know?

MOO

Re: BLM’s pickup truck GPS: could LE just ask for that data? Is a warrant required?
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure a warrant is required. Since some of the kind of information LE would want would be proprietary to the manufacturer, I doubt BLM would have the standing to grant full permission to search. IANAL, IMO

Do they DO Father's Day in jail? Because that's where I'd like to see the person responsible for disappearing Suzanne to enjoy his picnic. Special day, double bologna.

It's still early. LE is working slowly, steadily and quietly. Where tips and tidbits take them, they'll leave no stone, no dirt, no concrete unturned. I'm confident that, in time, mountain lions will be exonerated and LE will get their man, sometimes the scariest animal of them all.

JMOJMOJMO

I don't know if it's a requirement, but I've seen many vehicles in my decades of living with variations of "Volunteer Fireman" and "Volunteer Firefighter" decals. Mentioning it because it would be something to help identify a vehicle.

I also don't know if all locations have the same requirements to be a volunteer firefighter, but where I live, you have to graduate from an accredited fire academy, pass a background investigation, have a state EMT or Paramedic card and keep up annual training among other requirements. Takes a dedicated and talented individual to be a volunteer.

I agree about the decals. Your post also brought some thoughts to mind: I live in a geographical area that contains several tiny towns of only a few hundred people each. Each little town has their own volunteer FD. A big incident will of course call on the volunteers from the other towns, but they are each their own group.

Which makes me wonder whether there is a VFD based in Maysville, and Poncha Springs has their own VFD? Or whether it's all based out of PS (assuming that Salida is separate and possibly even has a paid FD?).

Did you hear him ask TD to keep an eye out for an injured/confused/unconscious SM while he was out searching, to dial 9-1-1 immediately if he found her, what to do if she appeared injured, etc.?

I've wondered about this too. After several years on WS, I've been a bit surprised to see how many dazed/confused/wandering or laying-low/injured folks there are. Think the man who disappeared from a Canadian ski area and showed up in Sacramento, unaware how he got there. Or the couple in Marin who fell down a brushy steep slope and lay drinking from a mud puddle for four days until searchers finally found them alive? Or Amanda Eller in Hawaii who wandered the wrong direction for over two weeks, injured?

Assuming there was actually a bike ride, SM having crashed or otherwise experienced an accident and then wandered off dazed, or lay injured somewhere, seems WAAAY more likely than a random stranger abduction, and another zillion orders of magnitude more likely than an animal attack (unless an attack left her injured -- but not hauled her away).

So I would expect an innocent husband to be focused on finding her in the woods, or finding her wandering amnesiatic in the next town over, but he didn't seem to even mention that option.

I am also perplexed. Whatever side of the fence I am on, will not change SM or BMs future. Why is it so important to be right?

RSABBM:

The truth matters.
The truth about what's happened to SM matters very much, indeed.

This isn't about "being right."
It isn't about what anyone thinks.

The truth is the truth.
It exists apart from anyone's opinion.

Listen, I'd love to be proven wrong about this case.
But feelings aren't facts.
And looking at the facts here, I'm seeing quite clearly that LE's actions reveal they're looking hard at BM.
If LE's looking at BM, it's with good reason.
They have some type of evidence pointing them in his direction.

I agree with you about one thing, though:

Wherever people land in terms of their opinions about BM and his guilt or innocence, it won't change SM's future.

On account of, she doesn't have a future any more.

So there's that.

JMO.

Last edited:
He was supposedly in Denver, but where? Denver city proper? Denver area? Northern suburbs? The actual location can make a big difference in the timing.

True. And I've driven through Denver on a Sunday afternoon with heavy traffic. But ... not during a quarantine.

In addition, once you get through Denver, it's clear sailing. Plus ... if your wife is missing, are you going to drive the speed limit?

True. And I've driven through Denver on a Sunday afternoon with heavy traffic. But ... not during a quarantine.

In addition, once you get through Denver, it's clear sailing. Plus ... if your wife is missing, are you going to drive the speed limit?
Let's just suppose that everything BM said about being in Denver is true, that he did have a job there and he went down early to set things up. If he was actually at the site getting things ready, he may not have just been able to leave right away. Some things may have had to be taken care of first. Personally, I think he was in Denver because he needed his personal gps data to support his alibi, but I don't believe the job part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia