Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was most frustrated with Lauren stating that she’s trying to get interviews with Barry and/or the daughters but not getting a response. Why won’t they speak? I feel for Lauren because most of her questions to LE are met with “it’s part of the investigation”
Meaning they can’t say. She did tell everyone that LE said to have patience or something like that. I believe the truth will come out soon.
Lauren is also trying to get friends and acquaintances of Suzanne to come forward, too. Evidently that isn't working either. Was Suzanne a very private person and shared little of her private life? She only got there 2 years ago and didn't have that many friends? She taught school in IN. Did she not get involved in schools in CO? A lot of our contacts are through work and if she didn't teach in CO maybe there are not many contacts for her. That said I'd love to hear what the folks in the bike shop, coffee shop and other places have to say about her. But we're not getting it. So far.

Lauren is also trying to get friends and acquaintances of Suzanne to come forward, too. Evidently that isn't working either. Was Suzanne a very private person and shared little of her private life? She only got there 2 years ago and didn't have that many friends? She taught school in IN. Did she not get involved in schools in CO? A lot of our contacts are through work and if she didn't teach in CO maybe there are not many contacts for her. That said I'd love to hear what the folks in the bike shop, coffee shop and other places have to say about her. But we're not getting it. So far.

I think that people who buy homes away from town where the neighbors are few and far apart (relatively speaking) do so partly/mainly? because they appreciate the privacy. For better or for worse, that means much less human interaction without making a deliberate effort. Could be that like-minded people all find each other; most of the inhabitants feel the same: they're private people. The two descriptions of her from the Fire Chief and TS make it sound to me like she is a people person. I wonder if it was hard being semi-isolated in that way? I don't know anything about her daily life to say that, but I wonder about it anyway. Maybe I'm projecting; I should assume she's happy as a clam for all I know.

Last edited:
BBM:

I have no doubt he's simply parroting the words he's heard someone else say to him.

I also have no doubt who said those words to him in the first place.

JMO.

JMO
I agree.

There is an established pattern now that "others" are being used as spokespeople to help shell out a "story" that someone wants people to believe.

First we had the poor elderly neighbor getting asked to be the one to not only do the very first initial search for SM but also was asked to call 911 and be the person to have to speak with LE and be recorded by LE.

Then we had the fire chief acting as a spokesperson.

Then we had the Giveme fund person acting as a spokesperson because it was "too soon" for someone.

Then we were thrown a bone with the polished and rehearsed taped commercial style statement that was supposed to quiet the public and put things to rest.

Then there was a letter sent to their previous Indiana church members that had a specific forced narrative so that any one of them could become spokespersons for what happened.

And now we have another friend who is another spokesperson giving us a similar forced narrative.

Here is my question. If this big bad hunter is supposed to be so bad and courageous then why cant he speak for himself in front of a real news reporter and answer the real tough questions?

I already know the answer. The answer is the exact opposite of the message that all the spokespersons have been recruited to say.

Last edited:
We'd need to know what they originally thought imo.
But it was later than they originally thought.
I wonder what this will do to the investigation and alibis.
jmo
This has made my head explode a little. I can think of “later” scenarios that would point to stranger abduction, targeted kidnapping, voluntary flight by SM or an actual honest-to-goodness afternoon bike ride.

Last edited:
This has made my head explode a little. I can think of “later” scenarios that would point to abduction, voluntary flight by SM or an actual honest-to-goodness afternoon bike ride.
Maybe their "originally thought" was that she disappeared on the 8th. :rolleyes:
Or maybe she was seen or heard from after MD.
I don't know.

Last edited:
I have that same question.
I need to actually watch that FB live she did myself if it's still posted.

I'm not entirely confident that LS didn't misspeak or misquote LE in that live.
Having read some of her tweets and articles, I think it's entirely possible that she may have unintentionally misspoken. That's not a criticism of her.
Nobody's perfect.
Misreporting happens in MSM.

I'd prefer to hear it directly from LE that SM was last seen later than they originally thought she was seen.

I'd also like verification from LE that this was a verified independent sighting, as opposed to BM saying it was the last time he saw her.

Of course, the difficulty with that statement, even if accurate, is that LE hasn't come out and told the public what time they "originally thought" SM was last seen, so we're without any frame of reference.

If a true statement, it's an interesting one.

I have my doubts as to the accuracy of it.

JMO.
It comes at about 10:30 in the live.

A rough transcription is:

Question: Do we even know who was the last one to see her?

LS: "So I did ask CBI about that and CBI told me it's part of the investigation, they are actively seeking tips from citizens, but they believe someone has seen her more recently than previously thought. And then when I asked about the question 'when is the last time someone spoke with Suzanne?'... perhaps someone has spoken with her more recently than previously thought. So it's still part of the investigation."

FWIW, she appears to look down at her notes and read from them as soon as she gets to the 'CBI told me' part. But she could be confusing a hypothetical for a definitive statement or something. Hard to know from our end. If CBI really told her that though, it seems like it might be worth more than just a mention in a facebook live. But I guess it's a hard story to write without knowing what they originally believed.

Interesting side note from Lauren's live session.

Skinner was in Salida for the hunt in October 2019. One day he stayed back from the hunt, Barry was at work. He spent time with Suzanne, that's when he had the bike convo with her. Means nothing really, just a bit curious he stayed home that day.

Also worth noting- Suzanne had her last treatment and was declared cancer free just before Skinner arrived for the hunt.

Interesting side note from Lauren's live session.

Skinner was in Salida for the hunt in October 2019. One day he stayed back from the hunt, Barry was at work. He spent time with Suzanne, that's when he had the bike convo with her. Means nothing really, just a bit curious he stayed home that day.

Also worth noting- Suzanne had her last treatment and was declared cancer free just before Skinner arrived for the hunt.
Is that a bit weird? He comes all the way for the hunt, but stays home with his mate's missus for a day? And why didnt BM take time off work if his buddy was visiting?

Maybe he visited a lot and it wasnt something they made an effort for. Just seems a bit odd to me, I share your curiosity @Knox .

I thought Skinner said he was tired of hunting, so stayed back?

But yeah,why was Barry working if his buddy was visiting to go hunting? That seems odd. Sort of like,his buddy isn't important enough to take a day off?

moo

I'm watching Lauren's FB live right now. She went into additional detail re: her conversation with TS. A couple of nuggets that I took away:

-per TS, Barry told him that he went to Denver on Sunday a.m. (as implied in the Ty video) for a commercial landscaping job

-context for the bike ride comments: TS apparently was out there for a hunting trip and was tired of it and stayed at the Morphew home one day while BM was working - so he had a chance to talk to SM alone and the bike riding came up as he was asking what she liked to do in Maysville.

-per TS, Barry and the daughters are all staying together (presumably in the house, but that wasn't clarified)

-per TS, the reason why Barry is keeping a low profile is because he's a private person and grieving

Additionally, Lauren said she's reached out to SMs side of the family and they have refused interviews or even to issue a statement. They only replied with a simple "she is in our thoughts every day".

Several other questions have been asked - most of which Lauren has answered with "I don't know" (What initiated the second search? Did LE remove anything from the home? etc., etc.)

Sorry have to pick up my jaw that is laying on the ground right now. :confused:

My supposition is that LE had established a date/time that they thought was the last Suzanne sighting-maybe the 8th?- and then they confirmed that she had been seen after that. Lauren is taking apart the statements made piece by piece the same way we are here. It’s hard to tell what they truly mean.

I believe the OP is referring to the friend who is quoted herein. I think I can spell his name out due to it being in this article, but to be safe, his initials are TS.

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

No, not referring to TS. This was a “local friend” who was taking part of the live FB with Lauren Scharf - by posting comment(s) - OP, has interacted with this local friend - presumably online? I don’t think this person has been mentioned here before- and can’t - that is why they are requesting initials...??

edited for typos...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members