Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is intentional if you consider that it's very unusual to be searching independently while LE is investigating and also officially searching.

If you listened to the nephew's audio interview the reporter asks where they are searching and he does give a generic reply but also says he doesn't want to give out details live on air. He must not be giving details off the air either because we're not seeing it reported in MSM.

MOO
People who donated to the fund might want to know.

jmo

Could it be the Sheriff knows nothing more than we do. They found one of her items, 2000 feet from her house, ok, whippee fizz. Where is she?!
Highly unlikely.
They have access to her cell phone records, any surveillance cam video in/around the home as well as possible traffic/nature cams in the area, the multiple items of hers left/discarded in various places, her banking info and more.

They know a lot more than we do, 100% certain of that.

The compromised immune system and lockdown theory do make sense BUT.... Suzanne did post a picture with her 2 daughters the day before she went missing. I believe they said it was on facebook.

I think this makes sense. When someone replied upthread that they were cancer treatments, I thought the same.

My son's girlfriend (early 20s) has been locked down with us since March 20th and not seen her parents as one of them has recently finished chemo.

Re-listened to pressor from yesterday. Spezze definitely says they found personal items (plural) belonging to Suzanne in the area of CR225 & HWY 50. Sheriff Spezze, started to say "information" and changed description to "items".

"While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman."
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE Salida, Colorado PRESS RELEASE May 15, 2020

Looking at the map, that's the direction of travel you would take to go to and from the home. No surprise there. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Let's say the personal items were thrown out of a vehicle as they were getting on HWY 50, things the scent/tracking dogs would pick up on. What could those items be?
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

The personal items found Thursday afternoon, led to Friday's search where they closed HYW 50 at Monarch Pass.

Let's assume whoever took Suzanne, left her home and traveled on HWY 50 down to Monarch Pass. There is no mention of evidence being found near MP, but we know they searched that area on Monday or Tuesday the week she went missing. What led them back?

Initially, I thought Suzanne left her home, traveled down 225 and picked up the Colorado Trail which begins just past Fooses Dam. Something happened to her along that route. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Now I am beginning to think she may have never been that far away from her home, and was taken out the area in a vehicle. Maybe she was never on the bike at all?

Sort of like Gannon Stauch never ran away from

No....I don’t get that sense at all. I think they actually have a pretty good idea of the why, the who, possibly the where. Now they’re gathering evidence.

I sure hope it was the other way around: the evidence they did gather pointed directly at the why, who, where and likely when. Now they're gathering additional, supporting evidence.

Could it possibly be that an inmate, say a sex offender, had been released recently due to COVID-19?

Edited to Snip Quote

It's my understanding that here in CO, the prisons train dogs for SAR and provide other types of training for dogs that can then be used by LE. Perhaps they needed more dogs to go out on this case because it's such a vast area to search.

not that I think it's *super* important/relevant but I just want to give a different perspective to TN referring to BM as "the husband"...

I listened to a different interview he gave, and he was clearly very, very nervous and seemed like he was following a script. (Note - i'm not implying anything at all here, I would be extremely nervous and would want to have something written out too.) But it did not feel like a natural conversation. He said "our beloved family member" and then immediately followed with "--my aunt." In a conversation between 2 people, "our beloved family member" is rather formal and somewhat detached since TN and the news anchor started off the conversation understanding that the topic is about a specifically identified family member [SM], yet he's saying A [as in, could be anyone] family member.

So I guess i'm not sure if there is some deeper psychological meaning to him referring to family with detached descriptors like "the husband." It does feel odd, but I think it's more because he's nervous and if he's representing the family as a whole he probably feels like he should speak in more formal and general terms.

We always need to be careful to not cast aspersions at innocent people. For those members who are suspicious that someone was out of town the day Suzanne disappeared, please also consider that it may have happened because someone knew that person would be out of town and Suzanne would be alone.

On another note, anyone have any ideas on why Department of Corrections would be involved in the search?
Re:dept of corrections ? If someone on parole is involved ? iMO otherwise I don’t see why as their responsibilities are for those incarcerated or on parole
JMO
ETA - I see their dogs were used in the searches apparently

Ok thank you. I did read somewhere there was a mistake but wasn't sure which picture it was. So there were no pictures at all from this mother's day? Or are we thinking she is not really that active on social media?
No, no Mother's day photo from this year that the public can see. There could be private posts that aren't visible to the public, but the photo that everyone seems to be referencing with her daughters is publicly available on FB and was posted May 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member