Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be nice to think about.
It would mean she's safe... just hiding.
What if she wanted a divorce and was too afraid to voice it ?
Sometimes in a split even if amicable, one person loses much more than the other.

Yeah, don't think she would still be in hiding, especially with FBI/CBI involved.

In fact, I don't believe FBI/CBI would even get involved if that was the case. In my mind they knew this was a criminal investigation from the start.

I re-watched the presser from Friday.

- At 5:55 a reporter asked “do you guys believe she’s still alive?” and he responded with “the question is, ‘do we believe she’s still alive’. We’re certainly hopeful she is, um, obviously as time goes by it gives us concern but we’re searching as if she’s alive and we do believe she still could be alive” WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

<modsnip> he never said or implied they do not believe she's alive - he actually stated the exact opposite. Hopeful that she is, and searching as if she is, and believes she still could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleuthing the family has nothing to do with your belief in their innocence or guilt. It just involves bringing info about them into the thread that's not been reported in MSM.
True. And this is a tricky one since hardly anything has been reported in MSM at all. It’s tough, but we can do this—we’ve done it before when we know almost nothing! More and more will hopefully come out...

Like another poster put it : Suzanne could be anywhere from her house to Denver. :(

SAR dogs were "inconclusive" from NG's report meaning they may not have picked up a scent of Suzanne riding her bike away from the house.

Right away with abducted Sherry Arnold, LE said the dogs stopped where her running shoe was found. IFRC, it was within a few days. We are now on day 8 of a missing woman out for exercise, just like Sherry. And yet no LE word to the public on what the dogs found.

I really don’t think SM was ever on a bike ride on Mother’s Day.

Well, at the risk of ridicule for over-anlyzing (even though that's what we do here),
it is a very well-done video. This guy does things at top-level quality. He is able to plan and get things done and make sure it's to the best.

My opinion and my assessment only.

jmo
bbm
I have no argument with your post whatsoever !
Especially the bolded bit.
;)

A picture of someone who is in control...even to the point of putting out his own video without the media to interfere.

Thank you GoJacks! Uhhhm. His demeanor isn’t similar to actual befuddled, brain-short-circuiting pleas - such as Shane Carey, who we all piled on.

This video release is going to have everyone analyzing it.....and that makes me sad, as I really want BM to answer the basic questions:

When did you see SM last? Why were you in Denver? When did you leave? Were you the one who called the neighbor? Did you or your kids talk on Sunday? When did your kids last see SM? Did you allow crime scene investigators at your house/car?

At least Letecia talked to a reporter.
bbm
When a "Like" is not enough !
My questions exactly.
I really want to know who called the neighbor ! :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, don't think she would still be in hiding, especially with FBI/CBI involved.

In fact, I don't believe FBI/CBI would even get involved if that was the case. In my mind they knew this was a criminal investigation from the start.

I find it hard to believe she would put her daughters or extended family through that.

In the United States, when (date) were the last known cases of abduction for ransom? That is an incredible amount of planning and exceptional risk to pull off for how much money? Couple hundred g’s? Nah....
I don't believe it was over money myself...IF someone took her. Again, IF someone took her, it was because he (she) wanted Suzanne. JMO

I don't know what to make of Barry's plea. I agree it's odd that it's a FB video. And it's very short. He does appear very sincere, scared, and worn out to me. <modsnip> But with Barry, it seemed genuine to me....though so short.

I re-watched the presser from Friday.

- At 5:55 a reporter asked “do you guys believe she’s still alive?” and he responded with “the question is, ‘do we believe she’s still alive’. We’re certainly hopeful she is, um, obviously as time goes by it gives us concern but we’re searching as if she’s alive and we do believe she still could be alive” WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

So, I think somehow you may have misunderstood his statements, since he never said or implied they do not believe she's alive - he actually stated the exact opposite. Hopeful that she is, and searching as if she is, and believes she still could be.
It’s just a question on what he believed. He has absolutely no idea. I don’t think police would say oh yeah she’s dead or absolutely she’s alive. They don’t know. Period.

Because he offered at the start a 100,000 reward which was doubled by their friend to 200,000.
That's a significant sum to throw out for a volunteer firefighter.
I think OP meant what is the reason he believes she was kidnapped. I would like to know, too. Does he know something LE doesn't know? Has LE told him something to make him think she was kidnapped?

I wonder what information he has and what he has told them about it. I'm sure they are following every lead.

Imo

In my opinion only
If it was for ransom they would already know and they wouldn’t be mentioning it. So they haven’t received a ransom demand. Not gonna happen. So why do they keep bringing it up. No questions asked. Any amount of money. This isn’t about money from a kidnapper. No kidnapping.
In my opinion only.
I hope her exact location is known soon. Unfortunately this could go on forever. Uggggg

It may be to persuade any friend or relative of a possible kidnapper to come forward. In some cases, a friend, roommate, relative, etc. may need to defend themselves in court for not calling LE or stopping the criminal activity. Sometimes a large reward may convince them if it can help with legal fees, etc. Just a guess.

Seems like it.
"Whatever it takes"(this video) and "no questions asked"(from the husband's earlier statement).
Why haven't the daughters made a plea ?

Gannon Stauch's parents made several public pleas and his little sister even appeared for one of the video pleas.
If your loved one is missing and you truly think someone has her-- you're going to be front and center at pressers as much as possible !
To the point that you're pestering LE and begging for her safe return !

IF the dad believed (rightly or wrongly) his wife had been kidnapped, why on earth would he sanction his minor or young adult daughters making a public plea and putting the spotlight on them? I know I would never allow it, for their protection. Not saying I believe a stranger abduction is necessarily what happened here, but since that scenario seems to be what the family is going with, I'd say the daughters not making
a public plea is consistent. IMO

Her husband certainly strikes me as completely sincere and heartbroken.

However. I had the Heidi Broussard case completely and totally wrong and felt so terribly for thinking her fiance was responsible. I also believed Chris Watts much longer than I should have. So I don't trust my instincts immediately any more.

<modsnip>

Other than self-harm, which to me seems highly unlikely of someone who survived two bouts of cancer, and ruling out aliens or Bigfoot, I think everything is still a possibility.

I'm not even sure if she went for a bike ride or not. I'm back and forth on that as well.

I am reassured seeing that I am not the only one who seems to be confused about this lovely woman who seemingly vanished into thin air.

The lack of so many details, and any sort of backstory, makes it that much more mysterious.

I have faith that LE knows a whole more than they're saying. LE brought in some big hitters fairly early. I'm hopeful we have some resolutions fairly quickly.

All MOO

The only thing I can think of that POSSIBLY points away from “Close to home” is an abduction and that a ransom has already been received. Then maybe Everything since has been a ruse to keep the ransomers calm, and not give needless info to an intrusive public. That being said, I think it’s a long shot. But it’s the only scenario I can come up with. That FB plea is awful IMO. Why even do one? 3 sentences of emotionless jibber jabber. IMO. Unless it’s part of LE plan while dealing with kidnappers.
bbm
Agreed.

But maybe... she IS being held and LE are playing a waiting game ?
But for how long ?
2 months ?
3 ?

Why was so little information revealed to the public by police so far? It it because they don't need the public's help at this point? I presume they didn't tell everything to the family either.

I tend to think they have a fairly good idea of what happened and are waiting for someone to put a foot wrong, or for the evidence they need.
But my mind is constantly changing on this.

It’s just a question on what he believed. He has absolutely no idea. I don’t think police would say oh yeah she’s dead or absolutely she’s alive. They don’t know. Period.

The point was, another member here was sure he said in the presser, that he did not believe she is alive.
That is actually not at all what he said and for clarity's sake, I transcribed that snippet of the presser.

I’m not jaded by Chris Watts.

While I don’t believe this is an abduction for ransom- I also don’t believe the husband has anything to do with her disappearance. He seems to believe it and he might have thought of every person he has ever mad angry, dissected interactions, etc.

No way in heck do I believe their children should get in front of the camera or make any public pleas. It’s implied they are devastated and out of their minds right now with worry. No need to feed them to the wolves. Protect them right now. (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn