Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Sale. 1031 Exchange?
Think I posted already but what I posted about the 1031 exchange is 20 years out of date and I am far from a professional anything at present but saw 1031s used by clients and for my own accounts in 1980s and 1990s. Pretty sure the sale of home was a one time exclusion at the time. So I am off as far as the current specifics, hunkered down in home I've been hunkered down in since 2003 and having sold all other real estate one owned. Bu the overlap of buy and sale by BM could possibly be for 1031. Probably means nothing but could be reason transactions not quite so nefarious.
@BuySellTrade :)
Thanks for responding. Like I said, I vaguely recalled something about one-time and age ~ 65 y/o, but couldn't pinpoint any of that in current Sec. 1031 reg info. These things change over time, so it can be difficult to keep up w.
As I read it, max time between selling 'relinquished' prop & buying 'replacement' prop is 180 days. I did not look up the M's buy & sell dates, as principal residence does not qualify for a 1031 exchange. Again, thanks for your posts.:D :cool: :D

A suspect has been charged in the random violent attack on a mother riding a bike on a trail in Aurora (east Denver) last Saturday. He had already been arrested on a fugitive warrant when LE connected him to the case.
ARRESTED: Man suspected of attacking a woman on a Colorado trail, 1 suspect at large
Inmate Charges and Bonds | Arapahoe County, CO - Official Website
Colorado Judicial Branch - Arapahoe County - Dockets
A man attacking random strangers with a board, in broad daylight, sounds like a disorganized offender to me.

I don’t believe this crime was disorganized in the least, although that doesn’t mean it was well executed.

That guy was just asking to get caught, and likely didn’t plan ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on drugs, or had some sort of mental issue.

Are you suggesting there’s a relation here?

ETA: Repost, to make it clear this is in fact my opinion.

Did BM & SM Fit Profile to End in Murder?
... :) In my opinion, the Ms just don’t fit the profile for a spousal homicide scenario. Between their ages, station in life, lack of a history of abuse and the length of their marriage (27 years), I think it would be highly unusual for the relationship to end in murder...
@TxGidget sbm bbm Agreeing w you 100 % that it would be highly unusual for the marriage of a couple w those four elements/characteristics to end in murder. But do we have an unbiased basis for concluding that those four elements were in fact present in their lives/marriage?
1. Ages. Yes, factual basis.
2. Station in life. How to measure? Subjective. On the surface - home ownership, business ownership, SM's soc media re trips/travel, dau in college, etc. - seems financially successful, but do we know whether they were even solvent?
3. Lack of history of abuse. How to measure? Subjective & lack of info? Do we conclude, since friends/fam did not publicly comment about bruises, black eyes, broken bones, screaming & shouting, knock-down drag outs (afaik); or no/few dom-vi calls to 911 in CO or IN (afaik), that there was no abuse? What about emotional abuse? Or drugs, alcohol, etc? I'm not saying any of those ^ did happen but just because I have not read/heard about them does not prompt me to rule these out.
4. Length of marriage. Yes, factual basis.
For me, only two of four characteristics are clear cut & factually based, but jmo, imo, moo.
But even w just two of your profile factors in place, BM & SM do not fit profile for spousal homicide.
jm2cts.

BM also "snapped" at his co-worker and ended up almost getting arrested for his violent outburst, and he did, in fact, have to go to court over that episode. Don't forget about that little bit of info. So we DO know he has a tendency for aggression + violence, not to mention what that type of blind rage would do to his professional reputation. (and that was towards someone he didn't even know!)

MOO.

A man attacking random strangers with a board, in broad daylight, sounds like a disorganized offender to me.

I don’t believe this crime was disorganized in the least, although that doesn’t mean it was well executed.

That guy was just asking to get caught, and likely didn’t plan ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on drugs, or had some sort of mental issue.

Are you suggesting there’s a relation here?

ETA: Repost, to make it clear this is in fact my opinion.

Not suggesting anything, but rather updating a prior discussion in this thread with current facts (linked). IMO

Something has been percolating in the back of my mind, and it finally worked it’s way to the front. :) In my opinion, the Ms just don’t fit the profile for a spousal homicide scenario. Between their ages, station in life, lack of a history of abuse and the length of their marriage (27 years), I think it would be highly unusual for the relationship to end in murder. They would have weathered a lot of storms over those years and would have the maturity and perspective to figure another way out. The overwhelming majority of murder cases that I have followed: Longo, Hacking, Stuart, Watts, Frazee, Entwistle, S. Peterson, Tokars, Dulos, etc. were mostly committed by men younger than BM and who had been married a much shorter time. Dulos was BM’s same age, but was married just 16 years. Of course, there are spousal murders that occur at all stages (from the honeymoon til the bitter end), but it’s much less common in the Ms situation. This is one of the many things that doesn’t add up for me. MOO

Good point about the ages of perpetrators. For most men, testosterone secretion does decline as they age. Testosterone plays a part -- the science has not come to a settled conclusion -- in aggressiveness. This may be a factor -- though not the only one -- in the age-related phenomenon that you mentioned.

I think many of us are being influenced by the Facebook and Instagram posts and photos, and are buying what is basically being sold to us.
Respectfully snipped.

The very reason I stay off of social media regarding cases. Once you see something, it stays in your mind and taints your deductive thought process. Way too many instances of confederates working on the behalf of the actor(s), posting all manner of conflicting and fabricated information in an attempt to derail the investigation. They are generally the ones to be the most disruptive and prone to report others when the narrative is not going in the direction they want.

I was just wondering why he didn’t contact them initially, before making the neighbor call 911.

This question is a common one, as it's been asked dozens of times in this case and several times in this thread. Truth is, everyone can take their guess, but no one but BM *knows* exactly why he didn't do what others would have or suggested he should have done, so until BM explains it, the answer is "dunno."

Respectfully snipped.

The very reason I stay off of social media regarding cases. Once you see something, it stays in your mind and taints your deductive thought process. Way too many instances of confederates working on the behalf of the actor(s), posting all manner of conflicting and fabricated information in an attempt to derail the investigation. They are generally the ones to be the most disruptive and prone to report others when the narrative is not going in the direction they want.
I agree. It's a mosh pit of hideousness on social media (IMHO). I guess the people believe gossip, infighting, and making up fictional stories somehow has something to do with solving criminal cases. :rolleyes:

Slightly OT, Accuracy in Reporting:
This morning I saw an article about Fahim Selah whose dismembered body was found in his NYC apartment. I read only two accounts from MSM. One described the alleged assailant, caught on video, as "carrying a bag". Another said the suspect was "dressed in a suit, wearing gloves, a hat and a mask over his face." One article said his cousin asked for a welfare check. The other says his sister found the body. Some key facts were consistent: name of victim, location, dismembered corpse, saw on location. There must be a huge rush to publish for some of these stories, but it does make you wonder about accuracy in reporting. Now back to SM....

I agree that if BM is responsible, it probably would have been a crime of passion. How tragic. Still it’s hard to imagine being suddenly so violent to someone you have nursed/supported through recent serious illnesses. Another thing that doesn’t add up for me.

I do not assume that she was nursed and cared for by BM during her illness. I do assume that he would have been furious if she wanted 50% and out. Moo

Last edited:
I agree that if BM is responsible, it probably would have been a crime of passion. How tragic. Still it’s hard to imagine being suddenly so violent to someone you have nursed/supported through recent serious illnesses. Another thing that doesn’t add up for me.

JMO. You are a good person. I agree that we would expect a spouse to be supportive during a serious illness. But many are surprised when that does not happen. When a relationship is one sided, with all the control going to one, that is an indication of a selfish, immature person. He would not be able to change his personality. Two bouts of cancer took a long time to conquer. She may have fought that battle alone. An additional situation may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but her illness probably provided her with clarity that she did not have before.
This Controversial Study Claims Men Walk Out of Marriages When Their Wives Get Sick

My sympathy goes to Barry and his daughters. It's a shame this goes nowhere, from beginning to now, IMO

I’m wondering why BM hasn’t insisted on a press conference standing alongside CCSO pleading for information and help finding SM?
3 months of waiting on
“too soon” ?
Seems like the ask for $$ and the no longer updated find SM page on FBook are the only effort other than his bizarre self promo “no ? asked” production
Any residents or visitor’s recreating the trails and dirt roads spotted BM & parties searching?
I’d think we see some video uploaded if so.
The 2nd search of the home more than interesting IMO

In the TD video, BM clearly spoke of searching "a 200 mile radius". Other posters have suggested that he may have meant to say "200 square miles". Without offering my own opinion on it (simply because I don't have one), I wondered what a 200 square mile bloc of search area including what we know was searched might look like.
I apologize for the clutter of this Google Earth map. There is no function in Google Earth Pro that will allow pin drops, etc to be masked for an aerial map shot without losing them. The red line is a polygon containing exactly 200 square miles. It includes the entire length of Monarch Pass and the Monarch Crest mountain biking trail system, Poncha Springs to just north of Buena Vista on Highway 24, and Highway 50 to the Arkansas River, where the concrete slab search was.
My intention here is just to show what a 200 square mile area might look like, not to comment of the "200 mile radius" statement. IMO

The map below was produced entirely in Google Earth, with no editing.

Attachments

• 200 square mile area.jpg
    200 square mile area.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 68
JMO. You are a good person. I agree that we would expect a spouse to be supportive during a serious illness. But many are surprised when that does not happen. When a relationship is one sided, with all the control going to one, that is an indication of a selfish, immature person. He would not be able to change his personality. Two bouts of cancer took a long time to conquer. She may have fought that battle alone. An additional situation may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but her illness probably provided her with clarity that she did not have before.
This Controversial Study Claims Men Walk Out of Marriages When Their Wives Get Sick
As a cancer survivor myself, I was actually counseled by my medical team about this possibility of divorce -- it is that common. Luckily, I have a husband who's not like that, but the statistics are pretty bad. At the beginning of this case, I did wonder if those statistics may be playing out in this scenario, as well as the possibility that beating cancer twice made SM re-evaluate their marriage and maybe want out, or want more than BM was willing to give.

As a cancer survivor myself, I was actually counseled by my medical team about this possibility of divorce -- it is that common. Luckily, I have a husband who's not like that, but the statistics are pretty bad. At the beginning of this case, I did wonder if those statistics may be playing out in this scenario, as well as the possibility that beating cancer twice made SM re-evaluate their marriage and maybe want out, or want more than BM was willing to give.
What a sad outcome for someone who is already battling for their life - to then lose their life partner in a divorce.
JMO

My thoughts run pretty heavy on this. I know I am a new poster but they seem like they have there stuff together and pretty happy folks. Can anyone confirm that the company is a family run venture? I ask because if so I would think the M's would be communicating very frequently, and more so if she handled some scheduling. I mention this because they have probably dealt with some serious issues, so, IMO, they both know how to work things out and NOT let it hit a certain boiling point, if y'all know what I mean.

Do you know if it is possible to investigate or research the employees they had and see if any were fire fighters that maybe worked with him, or better, part time workers? I used to hire some FF's in the landscaping industry. They have a weird schedule, like 3 on/4 off or 4 on/3 off, these guys were full time FF, not volunteer tho. Does the fire department he volunteers at have any full time people? A landscaper in the Spring, or anytime really, will take any part time help. A firefighter is someone a little more trusting and helpful in finishing up or taking care of small jobs. I would think the part time person (if it is a family run business) would be well acquainted with SM. I could see myself giving odd jobs to them and many jobs that would be at the house, or interacting with SM. Kind of like, hey SM has been wanting these flowers planted back by the deck, I haven't had time, go ahead and get with her and get that done please. Or, can you run by the office, grab some work orders and take them to the guys with this equipment. Possibly something to think about or look into. Just a weird late night crazy thought.....

While we cannot know the answers to all the questions, I am confident that LE knows who has been in and out of their home and would certainly know if anyone had been hired to do any flower planting, and all alibis have been checked thoroughly.
There is evidence that BM has a low enough boiling point to make him behave foolishly, as he did so and ended up in court.
I am encouraged and believe LE 's statement that they are aggressively working this case. They have tons of evidence. I feel an arrest is coming. Moo

What a sad outcome for someone who is already battling for their life - to then lose their life partner in a divorce.
JMO
Yes, it would be a double whammy, all right. And a good number of the women I met were going through that as we all went through radiation. I can't imagine. So callous, so heartless. So selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321