Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the TD video, BM clearly spoke of searching "a 200 mile radius". Other posters have suggested that he may have meant to say "200 square miles". Without offering my own opinion on it (simply because I don't have one), I wondered what a 200 square mile bloc of search area including what we know was searched might look like.
I apologize for the clutter of this Google Earth map. There is no function in Google Earth Pro that will allow pin drops, etc to be masked for an aerial map shot without losing them. The red line is a polygon containing exactly 200 square miles. It includes the entire length of Monarch Pass and the Monarch Crest mountain biking trail system, Poncha Springs to just north of Buena Vista on Highway 24, and Highway 50 to the Arkansas River, where the concrete slab search was.
My intention here is just to show what a 200 square mile area might look like, not to comment of the "200 mile radius" statement. IMO

The map below was produced entirely in Google Earth, with no editing.

That makes more sense as a 200 mile radius would include 68 counties. I do think BM is an exaggerator. He doesn’t want to think straight because the truth is not good enough for his grandiosity and the narrative he is pushing. Hence 200 tours of duty...200 mile radius.

As a cancer survivor myself, I was actually counseled by my medical team about this possibility of divorce -- it is that common. Luckily, I have a husband who's not like that, but the statistics are pretty bad. At the beginning of this case, I did wonder if those statistics may be playing out in this scenario, as well as the possibility that beating cancer twice made SM re-evaluate their marriage and maybe want out, or want more than BM was willing to give.
Glad you are ok Goldenseal. :)

This, actually, looks normal to me. Supposedly they were in need of money. By saying “in need” I don’t imply their financial standing, but simply, the pressure of moving to another state and establishing a business there. Sometimes in these situations you can not afford missing a good client, and it means, you have to work on weekends and holidays, too. I can imagine that any supportive wife would have said, OK.

To add to it, specifically when it comes to holidays, each family has “its own”, “important”, ones. There are families for whom “personal” holidays (the day they met, the day he proposed) might mean much more, and always be celebrated.
Respectfully, this post was in response to the discussion about SM being threatened by someone.

While we cannot know the answers to all the questions, I am confident that LE knows who has been in and out of their home and would certainly know if anyone had been hired to do any flower planting, and all alibis have been checked thoroughly.
There is evidence that BM has a low enough boiling point to make him behave foolishly, as he did so and ended up in court.
I am encouraged and believe LE 's statement that they are aggressively working this case. They have tons of evidence. I feel an arrest is coming. Moo

Re BBM and JMO

I agree and there is a 2nd example where he allegedly threatened the random youtuber that interviewed him.

Ive been trying to determine why or what LE has that made them start looking at the husband.

One thing I am guessing is LE may have proven he lied about his initial story about why he was in Denver.

Below are two conflicting stories about what he was doing in Denver. The important thing here is no matter how the news got this information the ultimate source had to be from the husband because its not like someone would just make up a specific reason why he was in Denver. So I believe LE caught him in this lie at the very beginning as one of the first things that showed LE he was not being truthful with them.

"On the day Suzanne vanished, Barry was reportedly in Denver at a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter."

Cops make second search of home of missing Colorado woman | Daily Mail Online

"Sources familiar with the case have said that her husband Barry Morphew was in Denver that weekend, working on a landscaping job, although authorities in Chaffee County have not confirmed this."

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

ETA - And notice authorities have not even been able to confirm about the latest story. Maybe there was no Denver job site.

Last edited:
Respectfully, this post was in response to the discussion about SM being threatened by someone.

There were a few posts mentioning BM being away on Mother’s Day. This part I totally understand, to me it doesn’t say anything about the relationship; if I were starting a new business or if the holiday rates were really high, I’d work on any holiday, and i have seen other people do it, too. I am really sorry if my answer “landed” on the wrong post. As I said, there were a few mentioning it, one after another.

As a cancer survivor myself, I was actually counseled by my medical team about this possibility of divorce -- it is that common. Luckily, I have a husband who's not like that, but the statistics are pretty bad. At the beginning of this case, I did wonder if those statistics may be playing out in this scenario, as well as the possibility that beating cancer twice made SM re-evaluate their marriage and maybe want out, or want more than BM was willing to give.

So glad you are well and have a husband who was there for you.

There were a few posts mentioning BM being away on Mother’s Day. This part I totally understand, to me it doesn’t say anything about the relationship; if I were starting a new business or if the holiday rates were really high, I’d work on any holiday, and i have seen other people do it, too. I am really sorry if my answer “landed” on the wrong post. As I said, there were a few mentioning it, one after another.
No worries! ITA with BM working on Mother’s Day.
I can’t tell you how many holidays my hubby has missed due to work. That’s not what I find concerning at all.

It’s other parts of the story. JMO.

Something has been percolating in the back of my mind, and it finally worked it’s way to the front. :) In my opinion, the Ms just don’t fit the profile for a spousal homicide scenario. Between their ages, station in life, lack of a history of abuse and the length of their marriage (27 years), I think it would be highly unusual for the relationship to end in murder. They would have weathered a lot of storms over those years and would have the maturity and perspective to figure another way out. The overwhelming majority of murder cases that I have followed, Longo, Hacking, Stuart, Watts, Frazee, Entwistle, S. Peterson, Tokars, Dulos, etc. were mostly committed by men younger than Barry and who had been married a much shorter time. Dulos was BM’s same age, but was married just 16 years. Of course, there are spousal murders that occur at all stages (from the honeymoon til the bitter end), but it’s much less common in the Ms situation. This is one of the many things that doesn’t add up for me. MOO

Murder is unusual anyway, but there is a reason that the stats say
Re BBM and JMO

I agree and there is a 2nd example where he allegedly threatened the random youtuber that interviewed him.

Ive been trying to determine why or what LE has that made them start looking at the husband.

One thing I am guessing is LE may have proven he lied about his initial story about why he was in Denver.

Below are two conflicting stories about what he was doing in Denver. The important thing here is no matter how the news got this information the ultimate source had to be from the husband because its not like someone would just make up a specific reason why he was in Denver. So I believe LE caught him in this lie at the very beginning as one of the first things that showed LE he was not being truthful with them.

"On the day Suzanne vanished, Barry was reportedly in Denver at a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter."

Cops make second search of home of missing Colorado woman | Daily Mail Online

"Sources familiar with the case have said that her husband Barry Morphew was in Denver that weekend, working on a landscaping job, although authorities in Chaffee County have not confirmed this."

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

ETA - And notice authorities have not even been able to confirm about the latest story. Maybe there was no Denver job site.

It's definitely a coincidence that he went out of town on mothers day for a job that I think he's setting up to say he was alone for. That isnt confirmed but he said he went out to set it up for his employees, so.... it's not sounding that he has an alibi. I believe he would have mentioned it in his video that he went to denver with Joe Shmow or whatever. JMO on what someone would say if they had an employee with them to back up their landscaping "setup"

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It was pretty early to be insulting LE too. Especially for a guy that isn't blasting his own media statements to get info out on his missing wife. I mean someone needs to be investigating and he's not asking for the public to help, he's saying LE sucks, so I'm wondering if he's just given up then? "Well LE messed up evidence on the bike. Guess we'll never know where my wife is then...."

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I'm also thinking that LE had the same skepticism that some of us did upon viewing BM's "infomercial" !

I've noticed more grief from the friend of a few years-- of a missing (and sadly presumed dead) woman in the Dateline episode "A sister's search".
This friend was talking about the baby clothes the missing lady had stored for her daughter's upcoming baby, and how hard it was to help the family gather up the belongings left behind. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

It's definitely a coincidence that he went out of town on mothers day for a job that I think he's setting up to say he was alone for. That isnt confirmed but he said he went out to set it up for his employees, so.... it's not sounding that he has an alibi. I believe he would have mentioned it in his video that he went to denver with Joe Shmow or whatever. JMO on what someone would say if they had an employee with them to back up their landscaping "setup"
bbm
Agreed.
No alibi at all, really.
Hence the reason LE are looking towards home and not away at a random kidnapper.
Imo.

Yet he constantly uses "We" when referring to that timeframe.

Barry says " And the girls were running late so they texted happy mothers day . She didn’t text back so we (sic)so went to well, they called my neighbors and said Listen, it’s Mother day I’m a little worried and will you go check the house. And the neighbor checked the house saw that the car was there, but the bike was gone. She called me in Denver and said Hey we're just a little worried and I go well I am too. Why don’t we call the police to be safe.

The use of we has me totally confused, that's not just a normal grammatical error in speaking. People don't mix up We versus I , IMO. That said, I think there is a good chance he was with someone, just not working actively, he may have driven past a job site or potential future site.

I have no idea if anyone has addressed this yet, but I think I now understand the comment to the effect of “we now believe someone may have seen Suzanne later than we previously believed.”

This was mentioned in the latest Lauren Sharf Facebook live.

Suzanne allegedly disappeared on the 10th, but BM’s work on that property they dug up, was done prior to this date.

Now I don’t think we know the exact date, but let’s say hypothetically, it was the 6th.

We know they were looking under concrete, which means they would have had to believe Suzanne was put there on the (hypothetical) 6th or earlier.

So maybe they now believe it is some point between the 6th and the 10th.

If anyone could find the date Barry did that work, that would be fantastic (so I can change my hypothetical to the actual date).

Ditto.

This is where people take their own lives and their own values and what they think is important and project that onto others and then judge it as something normal or abnormal, okay or not okay. It's looking at a case from a narcissistic point of view (well in *my* world, with *my* husband and *my children*....he/she/they better never do .... because *that would be*....and so if POI husband did that, then that's suspicious because....*I* could never imagine....").

Cases are not about the followers, not about others' opinions on how someone else should or should not conduct their life, etc. Imagine if LE and detectives went around judging people based on their own lives, their own religions, their own customs and habits and assigned all of that onto others.

IMO

Last edited:
I have no idea if anyone has addressed this yet, but I think I now understand the comment to the effect of “we now believe someone may have seen Suzanne later than we previously believed.”

This was mentioned in the latest Lauren Sharf Facebook live.

Suzanne allegedly disappeared on the 10th, but BM’s work on that property they dug up, was done prior to this date.

Now I don’t think we know the exact date, but let’s say hypothetically, it was the 6th.

We know they were looking under concrete, which means they would have had to believe Suzanne was put there on the (hypothetical) 6th or earlier.

So maybe they now believe it is some point between the 6th and the 10th.

If anyone could find the date Barry did that work, that would be fantastic (so I can change my hypothetical to the actual date).

Here is a list of inspection dates if this helps. I know nothing about construction so I don't know a caisson from a sewer line and what would be BMs job.

04/16/2020 Footing Passed Chad

04/23/2020 Foundation Passed Aaron

04/29/2020 Damproof Passed Chad

04/29/2020 Foundation Drainage Passed Mike

05/01/2020 Sewer Line Passed Aaron

05/01/2020 Water Line Passed Aaron

05/06/2020 Footing Passed Chad

05/06/2020 Plumbing-UG Passed Chad

05/11/2020 Insulation-UnderSlab Passed Aaron

05/11/2020 Plumbing-In Floor Tube Passed Aaron

05/14/2020 Caissons/Piers Failed Aaron

05/15/2020 Caissons/Piers Passed Chad