Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Piety is good for business in certain circles, yes I'm cynical. Moo

There's lots of ways to 'peddle' to those one wants to bamboozle

There's 'charm', 'wealth', 'connections/family' , 'intelligence' or even 'religion'

There's so many labels certain types use to make 'good business' as you say: that can be literal $$ or relationships....

But.....it's all a smokescreen, no matter their choice of 'type' they use as a lure: their own underlying type is all the same....

& it's why this website exists

JMO

BM doesn’t appear to use profanity. This is rare. (Source: conversation with TD)

BM prays before his meals. This is also rare. (Source: Skinner in LS interview.

Guys who don’t swear and pray before their meals, don’t generally kill their wives. So if BM murdered his wife, what in the world happened??

Men who swear and don't pray before meals don't generally kill their wives, either.

Domestic murders with likable men get media attention.
IMO

This case is getting media attention. Can you elaborate? I think your post was saying that men who pray before meals and do not swear generally do not kill their wives. I think most men don’t kill their wives. I hope that’s not what happened here either, but his outward demeanor does not tell the tale of what goes on behind closed doors.

BM doesn’t appear to use profanity. This is rare. (Source: conversation with TD)

Guys who don’t swear and pray before their meals, don’t generally kill their wives. So if BM murdered his wife, what in the world happened??
Dennis BTK Rader was a churchy guy, president of his church council and a Cub Scout leader.

This case is getting media attention. Can you elaborate? I think your post was saying that men who pray before meals and do not swear generally do not kill their wives. I think most men don’t kill their wives. I hope that’s not what happened here either, but his outward demeanor does not tell the tale of what goes on behind closed doors.
It was stated that it seems like a lot of domestic murderers are likeable men. My point is that domestic murders with ‘likable’ men get more media attention and therefore appear to be more common than they actually are. IMO
With regards to BMs praying and the absence of profanity, I was simply pointing it out as an observation. I have spent some time volunteering in prisons and guys who pray and use clean language, are not the norm.

From my non-existent knowledge of construction but through a lot of reading, it seems to me that that the insulation under-slab is before a concrete pour. If that inspection took place on 5/11, the pour had not yet happened-right? Can someone review and advise on timelines?
I’m going to try to find it, but I believe the pour took place on the 12th. This is why I had it in my mind that LE had picked the dates 5/8-5/12 for residents to save their security videos.

I know me too but could there be a reason BM and SM’s family are keeping so quiet? It’s seems almost too obvious they aren’t doing the things most normal people would do if a loved one was missing. You would think if BM was guilty he would at least continue the charade and try harder to look like a worried, grieving husband. And the daughters are quiet too and staying with him. It’s so weird.
True, but maybe he took his clue from Leticia Stauch and learned that you get yourself in big trouble by opening your mouth.

Deciding: Murder or Abduction Charge?

{ETA: I just read back & found other posts on this. Hoping it's not too much overlapr} @Murphy1950
:) sbm & bbm some by me. Interesting question.
Referring to this - Brannen? Sad, sad, sad. Briefly, imo the obstacle re prosecutor bringing murder (or other homicide) charge was proving her death had occurred - there in Fairfax County, other VA county, or at any location, period. Yes, death can be proven even w'out a body, for ex, a large pool of MisPers' blood at a scene, a volume of blood loss that a person could not survive.
What P'r could & did prove: perp took her from party (at apt complex blding where she & Mom lived) in Fairfax County to other location (had to be other location, because she was not found still there at party location): soooo = abduction under VA law plus intent to defile.** my 2 cts.

Oversimplifying, but gen'ly in any US state, a prosecutor has authority to a prosecute crime in which one or more elements occurred within county/district/location s/he serves.
For ex, if all elements of Brannen crime had occurred in NY instead of Fairfax County VA, the Fairfax County prosecutor would not have had authority to prosecute this perp in Brannen case & VA court would not have had jurisdiction to hold the trial. my 2 cts.
RSBM
Fascinating Al66pine, for anybody else reading….between what is posted here from Al66 and the other opinion posted by @JnRyan…I can chalk this up to everything I thought I knew…but was wrong, about how the law works in Virginia.

That little tidbit of knowledge, “Virginia law did not require a body of the victim to file murder charges, the law does require prosecutors to identify the location of the murder”

I had misinterpreted the reasons why, the actual meaning of the law for so long. I remember being frustrated over the years because Fairfax County prosecutor Robert Horan didn’t have this guy nailed. Robert Horan was held on a pedestal here, like Dan May is in Colorado.

All that above, isn’t meant to be off topic, point is…. without a body they need a serious amount of evidence. I think Barry made a major Faux Pas the first night which gave him away. I think they need additional evidence, doubt at this point it will be enough blood or a body, that would be so simple. So what’s left (?) maybe some serious evidence concerning possible motive, harder to prove and much more complicated and time consuming than finding a body MOO. A witness or second party involved (?)…it’s happened before. Pings where they shouldn't be, his or hers.

Last edited:
Actually, we didn't learn of KK until the double R's sold her story to MSM. I remember we all assumed she was responsible for the infamous Idaho ping, but we really didn't learn that PF had demoted her from pinch hitter to batting cleanup until her arraignment. IMO
Speaking of KK, she has a book coming out in 2022. Hoping she is forced to give all proceeds to Kelsey’s daughter.

Which scenario is most likely in a case such as this?
1) The body is eventually discovered accidentally by someone in the general public
2) LE find the body after piecing evidence together
3) The killer reveals the location of the body
4) Someone else, not the killer, reveals the location of the body
5) The body is never found.

1 is possible
5 is probable

RSBM

I'm only speaking to the part I bolded in red. I'm not sure what you mean by rare. I'm going out on a limb and hate to speak for others but I'm picking up you think that because he is in the trades, I apologize if that isn't why and I misread your thoughts.
I agree I heard no profanity on that video, but didn't really expect to. As a woman who worked in a Construction office for 28 years, rarely did I hear the men "speak trashy." If I did overhear, it was always followed by a chagrined look and apology. It certainly didn't happen on a day to day basis. I can't imagine it would, locker room talk is for the locker room unless your in Hollywood or the *advertiser censored* world or J. Epstein type circles, so to speak. IMO
As to saying Grace...well good for him, my family all does (7 sibs, 4 brothers in their 50 's and 60's, that's the way we were raised.

Last edited:
BBM:

It was 400.
BM's buddy "who knows more about this stuff than anybody" did 400 tours of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now, that number sounds impossibly high to me, but I'm not a military veteran.
I'm tagging a few members of WS who have military experience to get their knowledgeable input:

@MassGuy
@Falling Down
@m00c0w

Any of you have thoughts on the feasibility of a soldier having done 400 tours of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Or is that a great, big Whopper w/ Cheese by BM?

JMO.

Some friends of mine did 3 or 4 tours during the GWOT since late '01. A few did 5-7, maybe. I've seen reports of people who have done 10 or more, I think?

JMO

RSBM
Fascinating Al66pine, for anybody else reading….between what is posted here from Al66 and the other opinion posted by @JnRyan…I can chalk this up to everything I thought I knew…but was wrong, about how the law works in Virginia.

That little tidbit of knowledge, “Virginia law did not require a body of the victim to file murder charges, the law does require prosecutors to identify the location of the murder”

I had misinterpreted the reasons why, the actual meaning of the law for so long. I remember being frustrated over the years because Fairfax County prosecutor Robert Horan didn’t have this guy nailed. Robert Horan was held on a pedestal here, like Dan May is in Colorado.

All that above, isn’t meant to be off topic, point is…. without a body they need a serious amount of evidence. I think Barry made a major Faux Pas the first night which gave him away. I think they need additional evidence, doubt at this point it will be enough blood or a body, that would be so simple. So what’s left (?) maybe some serious evidence concerning possible motive, harder to prove and much more complicated and time consuming than finding a body MOO. A witness or second party involved (?)…it’s happened before. Pings where they shouldn't be, his or hers.
We all keep trying to figure out what LE learned that first night that seemed to direct their focus in one direction. What if it was the neighbor who called in the missing person report at Barry’s request? What if Barry said something to her that she knew was untrue?
As she is reporting to the responding officer, she may have said something like:
BM said he went to Denver early Sunday, but I saw the truck at the house mid day.
BM said SM went for a bike ride but I know her bike is broken
BM said he talked to her Sunday morning, but I saw them go out together on Saturday and she didn’t come back with him.
I checked my video cam after I talked to BM and I saw........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader