Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, FD!

So, what I hear you saying is that anything >10 would definitely be considered a high number of deployments for a service member.

Which means 400 is a complete invention.

JMO.

It's rare to find anyone who was active duty from '01 to, say, '10 or so who deployed over there more than 5 times or so.

Delusions of grandeur appear to be at play, here, at least I think that's an applicable term/phrase. People who make grandiose claims like that have a serious problem going on "upstairs".

JMO

Eithe
I think Barry being busted almost immediately, would also explain the “too soon comment.”

He probably would have given a media interview, feigning emotion, like that pre-recorded video.

But he had to regroup, and knew he couldn’t save face by appearing with the sheriff, or even just in front of the media.

“What the hell do I do now?”
Either that, or he decided to listen to the advice of his legal council.

Eithe

Either that, or he decided to listen to the advice of his legal council.
I think this is when he likely obtained legal counsel.

No one lawyers up right away, unless they feel the heat. Caught in a lie would qualify.

This was a poor innocent man, whose wife was missing. But I truly think he had a bad encounter immediately.

Now we don’t know he has a lawyer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he talked to one right away.

As my grandmother used to say “whoops-a-daisy.”

No one lawyers up right away, unless they feel the heat. Caught in a lie would qualify.

This was a poor innocent man, whose wife was missing. But I truly think he had a bad encounter immediately.

Now we don’t know he has a lawyer, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he talked to one right away.

Isn’t it odd that if he has an attorney, we have seen nothing about it. No statement from said attorney, no names droppped, no ANYTHING! He’d be foolish not to, IMO he has the retainer in a gimme money account...

Isn’t it odd that if he has an attorney, we have seen nothing about it. No statement from said attorney, no names droppped, no ANYTHING! He’d be foolish not to, IMO he has the retainer in a gimme money account...
Well this has all been so damn secretive, that an attorney would be just one more thing. But he’s had 2 searches conducted at the house, and another at the property he worked on.

I just can’t fathom him not preparing for what is likely coming. He just doesn’t seem the type not to.

Was thinking about BM's Army Ranger buddy .... found this in an article, just a snippet here:

US soldier killed on 14th deployment to war zone

"
Deployments typically more frequent, intense. The 29-year-old California native is one of hundreds of Rangers whose deployments during the war on terror number in the double digits. Rangers are deployed more often than regular soldiers on shorter, more intense tours — often the tours are four months long and include
400 to 500 combat missions
. They usually return to the United States for about eight months of training and then head out again, Bailey said.

So, maybe this is what BM meant when mentioning the 400 tours, meant 400 missions.
PS: However, if his Army Ranger buddy did do 400 tours, well, maybe he needs looking into as a suspect because he would have well and truly been off his rocker after that ..... MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Didn’t Fotis Dulos turn his phone in with his lawyer ? And of course we now know he was guilty and took the cowards way out - I’m wondering how this “phone “ was turned over and also Patrick turned his phone over too right ? Now I’m gonna have to go find links but for now it’s IMO
And since he was no stranger to the court system IMO he had a lawyer 5/11 at the latest
JMO

Well this has all been so damn secretive, that an attorney would be just one more thing. But he’s had 2 searches conducted at the house, and another at the property he worked on.

I just can’t fathom him not preparing for what is likely coming. He just doesn’t seem the type not to.
ITA he has a lawyer IMO he knows way too much - I mean he filed for guardianship of his missing wife in IN where most had no idea they even had jurisdiction- he knows his way around the law
JMO

BM doesn’t appear to use profanity. This is rare. (Source: conversation with TD)

BM prays before his meals. This is also rare. (Source: Skinner in LS interview.

Guys who don’t swear and pray before their meals, don’t generally kill their wives. So if BM murdered his wife, what in the world happened??

I am a Christian myself.
I also don't use profanity and pray a prayer of thankfulness over every meal.
I also have a pesky habit of reminding myself, whenever I see what may appear to be a devout Christian man or woman in the role of potential or possible suspect in a case...
That Dennis Radar was also, by all appearances to all who knew him (or thought they knew him), a devout churchman of the Christian faith.
Dennis was BTK, or the "Bind, Torture, Kill" serial killer.
He was also the president of the church council, and an usher in his local Lutheran church.
All that to say, I'm not at all equating BM to BTK, but I am saying, men and woman, historically, have used the guise of Christianity to hide who they really are.

jmo

I am a Christian myself.
I also don't use profanity and pray a prayer of thankfulness over every meal.
I also have a pesky habit of reminding myself, whenever I see what may appear to be a devout Christian man or woman in the role of potential or possible suspect in a case...
That Dennis Radar was also, by all appearances to all who knew him (or thought they knew him), a devout churchman of the Christian faith.
Dennis was BTK, or the "Bind, Torture, Kill" serial killer.
He was also the president of the church council, and an usher in his local Lutheran church.
All that to say, I'm not at all equating BM to BTK, but I am saying, men and woman, historically, have used the guise of Christianity to hide who they really are.

jmo
BBM
When I interview someone (own a business) and they throw in that they're a christian I wonder why they felt the need to tell me that. It's not a professional or relevant thing to add. It's that they're trying to convince me they can be trusted. Or that I'll be impressed or something.
Never has anything to do with their qualifications. I ignore it.

Three reasons why BM hasn’t been arrested yet.
1) LE just doesn’t have enough evidence

2) LE has enough evidence, but would really like to have a body as well

3) BM is innocent

MOO

He's also well off enough to get a lawyer. Im sure that comes up in their deciding to press or not.
Pretty telling. If they had nothing of value from the car or phone, they’d give them back.

Sounds like they’re evidence and they’re building a case.

Yeah why his car and phone? Probably testing tire dirt and tracks, maybe data from navigation JMO. His phone would be useful for a guy who owns his own business and is looking for his wife.

BBM
When I interview someone (own a business) and they throw in that they're a christian I wonder why they felt the need to tell me that. It's not a professional or relevant thing to add. It's that they're trying to convince me they can be trusted. Or that I'll be impressed or something.
Never has anything to do with their qualifications. I ignore it.

Or it could be perceived as a red flag. I think I’d take note of that. Just as I do if people talk about how they have wealth or they are philanthropic. Where I come from, the real money drives 10 year old cars and doesn’t discuss it. Social graces 101.

This would be analogous to the neighbor that spoke to the police while at the CW household! The neighbor is throwing him under the bus while CW walks around on his phone etc. I do hope you are correct. Considering how few “friends” from Maysville and Salida have come forward, I’d bet the neighbor didn’t know them that well either. They cannot see one another nor their home from their respective houses. Whatever the neighbor stumbled upon, IMO induced some panic.

CW was another "unlikely murderer" until he wasn't. The signs were there looking back, but before that you see the "perfect family".

Or it could be perceived as a red flag. I think I’d take note of that. Just as I do if people talk about how they have wealth or they are philanthropic. Where I come from, the real money drives 10 year old cars and doesn’t discuss it. Social graces 101.
That's a good way of putting it. It's a red flag.
They're trying to use something which they think is to their benefit. Perks my ears.

Me too and I’m leaning towards equipment accessible but the possibility of burial far away is a consideration - water? Possible but there would need to be no chance of surfacing because the goal would be no body - IMO
They can tell different dirt from different areas. If any "digger thingie" was used. Just some wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader