Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in scenario #2, Suzanne would be a super controlling person who abuses Barry who snaps and kills Suzanne?
Nope.
moo
Interesting old thing, language and perception. I never would have thought anyone would read that as BM being abused by SM. I never thought it, I never meant it, I never intended anyone to extract that. That idea never crossed my mind.

Respectfully Snipped
He also couldn’t risk furthering the damage, which is probably why he made that video. He had to do something, so he could influence the opinion of family and friends.

Amazing how one can influence social media, main steam media and the opinion of those near when one controls the narrative. Ask any politician. It works even better when you have someone do it for you out of misguided friendship, loyalty or affection while you play the injured party of "slanderous and unfounded speculation".

@Lilypad13 , IMO, the whole thing with TD was a set up. Not rehearsed and completely spontaneous, but a set up and pre-planned, nonetheless. Somebody knew somebody who got in touch with somebody who suggested TD pursue this. A six degrees of separation thing, if you will.
Wow!! That would change everything if you have proof of that kind of “six degrees of seperation”??!! Something has always bothered me about the TD interview. TD seems like a really great guy. Maybe he was just trying to help a friend? But after TD interviewed BM he said BM was acting suspiciously and he thought he was lying so maybe he went into it as a favor but after speaking with BM he changed his mind? But why wouldn’t TD just tell the truth at that point? Do you think he was afraid it would ruin his reputation? I could see how if LE told BM not to speak to anyone about the case he might have pretended to be secretly recorded to get his “theories” out. I was also wondering if BM thought TD was an undercover detective. Something is still not sitting right with me about the TD interview. We need some evidence so it’s not just “six degrees of speculation”! Ha ha :D

Last edited:
Tried to respond to this last night but was having problems with the site. I was so happy to see some did. Thought it was and is brilliant. The neighbor hadn't occurred to me but all of this is certainly possible. Whatever it was, that tipped them off in his direction, happened early on.

Yeah, that was an excellent post, and it really got me thinking.

Up until then, I’d been thinking about BM making a huge error in more of a general sense. I hadn’t given a thought to very many specific scenarios that could have accounted for the way law enforcement approached this.

Being busted right off the bat, also helps to make sense of why he wouldn’t appear in front of the news cameras. It’s not so much that he just doesn’t care to, it’s that he really can’t do that.

If law enforcement knows he is lying, then he can’t go out there and feign concern. The most important thing is influencing LE’s opinion, and not ours.

He also couldn’t risk furthering the damage, which is probably why he made that video. He had to do something, so he could influence the opinion of family and friends.

Thanks again @OldCop
Gee, guys, you’re making me blush. :D

BBM:

I'd also actually love to see LS reach out to SM's close friends back in Indiana.
There is definitely a woman identified as a best friend of SM's on social media, who has obviously been friends with her since back in high school.

SM's long-term friends can undoubtedly provide some insights into what SM's personality was like, her primary character traits, etc.

I think back home in Indiana is where a potential treasure trove of information lies.

JMO.
She has reached out and no one will talk to her. All her family will say is that Suzanne is in their prayers every day, and I don’t think her friends have replied to LS at all.

To me, this says a lot. I interpret it to mean that they have a pretty good idea of what happened to her and know that speaking out won’t help anything, so they’re letting LE do their job.

Actually, those are deductions. We have no way of studying ALL the people in any group.

Almost any time we put the word "all" into a statement and add the word "not" to it, it will be logically sound. The exceptions would be the laws of physics or similar.

All H20 is made of hydrogen and oxygen. That's a fact.

In the world of humans, almost nothing can be stated about "all" of us - I can't think of anything, really.

Statistical analysis is useful, though. Most women who are murdered are murdered by an intimate partner. True or false? I say true. Has anyone studied ALL women everywhere on the planet? Nope. We rely on the FBI and other data collectors for this information.

During CoVid, domestic violence and homicide have gone up. That's what the preliminary data from the FBI/Department of Justice seems to say. Have they analyzed ALL cases? No. In fact there are probably many murdered women who are among the missing persons that this board is devoted to.

I understand what you're saying. How can it not be a fact to say that "not all abusers kill"? You don't have to research each individual/all because it proves itself as fact if only one abuser doesn't kill anyone.

She has reached out and no one will talk to her. All her family will say is that Suzanne is in their prayers every day, and I don’t think her friends have replied to LS at all.

To me, this says a lot. I interpret it to mean that they have a pretty good idea of what happened to her and know that speaking out won’t help anything, so they’re letting LE do their job.
Agreed. I believe they’ve been asked not to talk, and are receptive to that because they know that talking can only hurt the case.

That means they must know Suzanne is dead, and who is responsible.

I don’t believe for a minute that TD was in cahoots with BM on that video. TD is trying to build whatever brand he has, and I believe that TD knew that he could end up speaking with LE after that video. He is not going to get himself in a heap of trouble assisting a potential.. ahem..

BM on the other hand could have seized the opportunity in the hopes that it would make him look better. It is pretty apparent that BM thinks that people believe whatever he may say.

Also, Lauren Scharf has reached out to many people who know those involved. She can only talk to those willing to return her messages. Hopefully, more will speak out for Suzanne.

We all keep trying to figure out what LE learned that first night that seemed to direct their focus in one direction. What if it was the neighbor who called in the missing person report at Barry’s request? What if Barry said something to her that she knew was untrue?
As she is reporting to the responding officer, she may have said something like:
BM said he went to Denver early Sunday, but I saw the truck at the house mid day.
BM said SM went for a bike ride but I know her bike is broken
BM said he talked to her Sunday morning, but I saw them go out together on Saturday and she didn’t come back with him.
I checked my video cam after I talked to BM and I saw........

Add me to the list of admirers of this glorious post!
I love this line of thinking, because it makes so much sense.

In thinking about what may had led LE to turn their attentions in BM's direction fairly early on in their investigation, I think it's entirely possible that there were glaring discrepancies between his version of his contact w/ his daughters and the neighbor that day and their accounts.

I would be very surprised if BM's version of the conversations matched up with theirs in terms of who contacted whom first that day, who said what to whom about SM, who first suggested calling LE, who suggested that the neighbor to check to see if SM's bike was in the garage, etc.

I think BM tried to distance himself as much as possible for as long as possible from everything happening in Salida that day.

I think that strategy backfired on him spectacularly.

Discrepancies are like plumber's crack.
They'll get you noticed.
For all the wrong reasons.

JMO.

Last edited:
Agreed. I believe they’ve been asked not to talk, and are receptive to that because they know that talking can only hurt the case.

It's still astounding to me that all of Suzanne's friends and family have kept mum, even if they've been asked to do so by police. In any group of family, friends, or acquaintances, there's usually at least one person who wants his/her 15 minutes of fame. Here, the discipline they've shown is remarkable.

It's still astounding to me that all of Suzanne's friends and family have kept mum, even if they've been asked to do so by police. In any group of family, friends, or acquaintances, there's usually at least one person who wants his/her 15 minutes of fame. Here, the discipline they've shown is remarkable.
I think if they felt they needed to defend her for some reason, then we’d see something like that for sure.

Regardless, I’m not sure I’ve seen this sort of thing before. Not in a case this high profile.

Were there any fires in Colorado in areas close to Salida?
I’m not sure about fires, but we haven’t talked much about the fact that Rte 240 off of Hwy 50 was blocked off at the same time as the search at the concrete foundation that was going on down south of Salida. At first I thought that the friend that BM was staying with might live up there, but it is also the site of the FF’s training camp. BM was probably quite familiar with that area. I wonder if there could have been a simultaneous search somewhere up in there?

Attachments

• 3DDBFEE9-5BB1-4BA6-99D1-6DA684F42A28.jpeg
    3DDBFEE9-5BB1-4BA6-99D1-6DA684F42A28.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2E042D8F-89BA-447A-A69C-8973A4296191.jpeg
    2E042D8F-89BA-447A-A69C-8973A4296191.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 32

BBM:

I agree with you about that.
To me, this (indirectly) speaks to what type of person SM is/was.

She herself must have been quite remarkable to inspire such feelings of fierce loyalty in not just a few, but all of the people who knew her well.

It also appears she knew how to choose her friends wisely.
Her friends are all keeping whatever confidences she shared with them strictly private.

In the Berreth case, we saw KB's friends/family do the same, until after the arrest and conviction of her killer. After the trial, her close friends shared with the world their thoughts, feelings and memories of what a wonderful person, wonderful friend and wonderful mother she was.

I suspect we'll see something very similar happen in this case, too.

In fact, it didn't occur to me until just now, but I suspect KB and SM probably shared quite a few personality traits.

JMO.

Last edited:
What types of things could SMs friends and family say that would harm the investigation?
What they told investigators.
What they believe happened.
Anything they might know about Suzanne’s final days.

There’s probably more, but no good can come from them talking at this point, as much as I’d love to hear it.

I just watched the Profiling Evil video.

The first 6 minutes covers background on Lauren and general info on using social media as a source. The rest of it sounds like a rehash of the same points that Lauren had in her FB post last week. Not much new of substance. However, it keeps the case in front of the public and with the family and LE not talking there really isn't much for Lauren to work with. She said she will be in Salida today, so I hope she learns more today. I believe at this point Lauren is going to have to interview Salida residents in order to learn anything new.
There was one new thing in this PE video...unless maybe I missed it before but which one of her brother’s came to CO to help search for Suzanne? Also on the map they used in this video is that the correct location of where the bike was found? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1