Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What they told investigators.
What they believe happened.
Anything they might know about Suzanne’s final days.

There’s probably more, but no good can come from them talking at this point, as much as I’d love to hear it.

Add:
What they saw/witnessed (SM or BM sightings, cars etc)
Behavior noted either before or after SM was reported missing that could be fruitful.

With that said, any or all of it could hurt if it tipped their hand to a POI.

Actually I think the word “gossip” misses the mark and perhaps diminishes others opinions when remarking on BM’s demeanor.

When it comes to painting BM’s behavior as “controlling” let’s look at his “on tape behavior” in relation to his wife’s disappearance.

In both instances we have available he strives to control the narrative.

His facebook plea is all BM. A controlled message, no collaboration with LE, no press with any questions. Just Barry, basically making a selfie video, trying to control his facial expressions to go with the words. I wonder how many times he ran through it until he got it to where it liked the finished product. He lost me at “Oh Suzanne” –looking so earnest and chagrined – such out of place phrasing.

Then we have the video taken by TD. I don’t for a nano second think BM did not know he was being videotaped. Another opportunity to control the narrative in a risk free environment and once again it’s all about BM posturing. And there is Mom in the truck who never says a word – just a member of his supporting cast. BM manipulated the whole conversation. He even strives to intimidate TD by telling him something like he will come after him if he is taping the conversation.

So if I examine what I see? I see a man who seeks to control. To me it’s not gossip, it’s reasoning. Observing behavior and seeing patterns.
BBM
I find this odd that BM would threaten someone, under the circumstances. Why would he say anything that smacks of him thinking about violence against someone? That just gives a window into his thought process. Unless, I guess, he meant it legally. He could go after him legally.
moo

I wonder if friends/family are silent out of loyalty to Suzanne and her daughters. They are unwilling to disparage their father while these girls cling to hope. Everything in their lives is upside down. Why should they add to their pain at this point. There is no reason to voice their thoughts until after LE is done doing their job and bringing someone to justice.

He actually bought a parcel of land to be developed. IMO it is for his mother. The why is the mystery. For someone that felt it was too soon and was so busy he had to work on MD, he certainly has had an abundance of spare time to complete financial dealings... MOO

Exactly! roughly how long does a land sale take? Have only ever bought a house and that took its own sweet time :) - I assume this was something started prior to SM's disappearance?

There was one new thing in this PE video...unless maybe I missed it before but which one of her brother’s came to CO to help search for Suzanne? Also on the map they used in this video is that the correct location of where the bike was found? TIA
Yes, I saw the map, but I had seen a Google Earth map - based on where BM was the day of TD video. As far as the brother I, personally, did not find it to be of substance if he wasn't talking. But that's just me. More importantly, I like that it keeps her case in front of the public. I also saw the latest Draper video today and it had even less of substance regarding the facts of the case or the family, but again it helps Suzanne's case maintain a high profile.

He actually bought a parcel of land to be developed. IMO it is for his mother. The why is the mystery. For someone that felt it was too soon and was so busy he had to work on MD, he certainly has had an abundance of spare time to complete financial dealings... MOO
Purchased in a subdivision for 165k on June 26.
He sure is “busy” while his wife is missing. Just think that’s a bit crude, regardless of who he bought it for. JMO.
IMO, it’s hard to miss someone when you stay so busy.
I wouldn’t be buying my mom anything. Just saying.

Exactly! roughly how long does a land sale take? Have only ever bought a house and that took its own sweet time :) - I assume this was something started prior to SM's disappearance?
Actually, it wouldn’t matter to me when the deal was started, I just couldn’t finish it while my life was falling apart from my spouse missing. There are some STRANGE people in this world.

I’m not sure about fires, but we haven’t talked much about the fact that Rte 240 off of Hwy 50 was blocked off at the same time as the search at the concrete foundation that was going on down south of Salida. At first I thought that the friend that BM was staying with might live up there, but it is also the site of the FF’s training camp. BM was probably quite familiar with that area. I wonder if there could have been a simultaneous search somewhere up in there?

I keep having a nagging thought about the FD, my mind keeps going there, that someone affiliated with them could have some knowledge (other than BM) from really early on too, info provided by Fire Chief about her routine, being excluded from searches, there's a high chance that they would be friendly and know the couple well etc. this is opinion only, but now, with FF training camp, I cant help it, probably way off, but it is chewing at me! :).

Yes, I saw the map, but I had seen a Google Earth map - based on where BM was the day of TD video. As far as the brother I, personally, did not find it to be of substance if he wasn't talking. But that's just me. More importantly, I like that it keeps her case in front of the public. I also saw the latest Draper video today and it had even less of substance regarding the facts of the case or the family, but again it helps Suzanne's case maintain a high profile.
Personally, I don’t think this case needs to be kept at the forefront, although I think it should be.

If this was an abduction or something, then it would be absolutely vital. Law enforcement seems to have had their eye on one man since day one, and they’re just building their case.

I can’t wait until the day we hear about an arrest. Now we wait.

Purchased in a subdivision for 165k on June 26.
He sure is “busy” while his wife is missing. Just think that’s a bit crude, regardless of who he bought it for. JMO.
IMO, it’s hard to miss someone when you stay so busy.
I wouldn’t be buying my mom anything. Just saying.
ITA ^^^ Too busy to appeal to media or reach out. His plea (all 26 seconds of it) wasn’t even posted in conjunction with media nor LE. It was only posted to FB. That’s it? Normally I’d have a constellation of suspicions and theories. BM has me laser focused and I hope LE is as well...

Actually, it wouldn’t matter to me when the deal was started, I just couldn’t finish it while my life was falling apart from my spouse missing. There are some STRANGE people in this world.

Agree. And also she is missing not dead, he can't be going through grief as he is not sure she is dead. A normal person is forever kept from resolution in a missing case.
If he is involved I would say it was because she tried to leave him.

I agree, really strange people, I was wondering whether LE had knowledge of this land, and was wondering if he had access to it before sale finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125