Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying. How can it not be a fact to say that "not all abusers kill"? You don't have to research each individual/all because it proves itself as fact if only one abuser doesn't kill anyone.
Or, hasn't killed anyone 'yet' or that LE knows of. But, I get what you're saying and I'm sure you're correct in many instances.

I’m not sure about fires, but we haven’t talked much about the fact that Rte 240 off of Hwy 50 was blocked off at the same time as the search at the concrete foundation that was going on down south of Salida. At first I thought that the friend that BM was staying with might live up there, but it is also the site of the FF’s training camp. BM was probably quite familiar with that area. I wonder if there could have been a simultaneous search somewhere up in there?
Some of the news folks flooding into the area for the slab search mistakenly headed up Monarch Pass and found Highway 240 blocked north of Highway 50. I saw some instant news pics and it looked like a classic roadblock to me, as if LE was admitting local traffic only. I could see GD's house in the background, with a dark colored pickup that appeared to be an F350 Ford to me, parked in front.
Could it be that LE was protecting the family from privacy invasion? Would they do that for a secret suspect? Could it be that BM had nothing to do with the slab search? I have no answers, only questions. IMO

Last edited:
Yes, I saw the map, but I had seen a Google Earth map - based on where BM was the day of TD video. As far as the brother I, personally, did not find it to be of substance if he wasn't talking. But that's just me. More importantly, I like that it keeps her case in front of the public. I also saw the latest Draper video today and it had even less of substance regarding the facts of the case or the family, but again it helps Suzanne's case maintain a high profile.
Thank you for responding JnRyan. The PE video said one of her brothers flew to Co to help search for Suzanne. I just wondered which brother? I couldn’t find his name anywhere...one DM article said “a sibling” flew to Co to help with the search. Just curious who it was if anyone else knows. Thanks!

Actually, it wouldn’t matter to me when the deal was started, I just couldn’t finish it while my life was falling apart from my spouse missing. There are some STRANGE people in this world.
Agree. I would like to think he is setting everything up for his daughters' future benefit. Probably not, but its the least he could do at this point.

Thank you for responding JnRyan. The PE video said one of her brothers flew to Co to help search for Suzanne. I just wondered which brother? I couldn’t find his name anywhere...one DM article said “a sibling” flew to Co to help with the search. Just curious who it was if anyone else knows. Thanks!
I seriously doubt that is true. There was a mandatory 14 day quarantine for any one entering the state from any location. While that was relatively easy to circumvent by automobile, it would have been impossible by commercial air and very, very doubtful by private plane. It certainly would have raised eyebrows in the condensed community of Chaffee county. IMO

I'm kind of fixated on the slab search. You don't go to that much trouble without a good reason. The technology to look deep into the earth (or under water) for both forensics and anthropology are advancing at a rapid pace. Putting a body in the water, in the ground or even under concrete are virtually not an option anymore. If LE has at least a basic idea of where to look, they are most likely going to find it. Drones, Underwater ROV's, GPR, Lidar, Side Scan Sonar, ERT, ERI, deep seeking metal detectors, LABRADOR and the list goes on.

Agree. I would like to think he is setting everything up for his daughters' future benefit. Probably not, but its the least he could do at this point.

Hmm. When I first heard about this new project, I thought, I wonder whose gonna move in there? Can't see him wanting his mom and daughters to have to live there with all the scrutiny, while he's in prison. Just my thought, not really an opinion.

I can’t wait until the day we hear about an arrest. Now we wait.

As always, respectfully snipped. And I can't wait until the evidence comes out. I enjoy going back over the threads to see what we got right and what we were way off base about. It's a learning process and we get better and better with each case at tugging on what strings we have available to noodle out what happened.

As always, respectfully snipped. And I can't wait until the evidence comes out. I enjoy going back over the threads to see what we got right and what we were way off base about. It's a learning process and we get better and better with each case at tugging on what strings we have available to noodle out what happened.
Exactly. And I can’t think of a case where we’ve known so little at this point. I sure as hell haven’t followed one that’s been played this close to the vest.

This is the only case I can think of where we don’t even have a genuine timeline. All we’ve really been able to do is gauge the investigation by interpreting the actions of law enforcement.

The arrest affidavit, when and if there is an arrest, is going to be earth shattering.

I'm kind of fixated on the slab search. You don't go to that much trouble without a good reason. The technology to look deep into the earth (or under water) for both forensics and anthropology are advancing at a rapid pace. Putting a body in the water, in the ground or even under concrete are virtually not an option anymore. If LE has at least a basic idea of where to look, they are most likely going to find it. Drones, Underwater ROV's, GPR, Lidar, Side Scan Sonar, ERT, ERI, deep seeking metal detectors, LABRADOR and the list goes on.

Yep, you can add an "Inquisitor" machine to the list.

It can detect a single drop of blood that is over twenty years old. It's been tested at graveyards. Example: if you say your great, great, great grandfather is buried amongst 20,000 gravestones, and put a sample of your DNA (fingernail clippings) in the machine with about 85% accuracy, his machine will point right at where your grandfather rests in his grave.
Grave-Detection Machine, Invented by Dr. Arpad Vass Receives Long Awaited Approval for his Patent in July 2018 – ForensicRecoveryServices.org

Last edited:
Exactly. And I can’t think of a case where we’ve known so little at this point. I sure as hell haven’t followed one that’s been played this close to the vest.

This is the only case I can think of where we don’t even have a genuine timeline. All we’ve really been able to do is gauge the investigation by interpreting the actions of law enforcement.

The arrest affidavit, when and if there is an arrest, is going to be earth shattering.

The arrests, when they come, are certainly going to be earthshaking to some people. IMO

It can detect a single drop of blood that is over twenty years old. It's been tested at graveyards. Example: if you say your great, great, great grandfather is buried amongst 20,000 gravestones, and put a sample of your DNA (fingernail clippings) in the machine with about 85% accuracy, his machine will point right at where your grandfather rests in his grave.
Grave-Detection Machine, Invented by Dr. Arpad Vass Receives Long Awaited Approval for his Patent in July 2018 – ForensicRecoveryServices.org
Nope-

The arrests, when they come, are certainly going to be earthshaking to some people. IMO
I’m only anticipating one. Unless there were accessories after the fact, then everything we have seen seems to point to this being very straightforward.

The lack of a body, notwithstanding.

I can think of a few movies and songs with that second plot line.

Would make a very interesting defense strategy in this scenario.....

MOO

I think victim-blaming (which is what such a defense would surely be) would be read by many people as despicable.

Are you thinking of that movie where the wife sets the bed on fire with the husband in it? I'm trying to think of one that matches that description (super controlling person is murdered by...controlled spouse).

Maybe the Peterson (Owl) case? I can see that one fitting that description. And in a way, I think that was the subtext of the defense.

Shut the front door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member