Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think victim-blaming (which is what such a defense would surely be) would be read by many people as despicable.

Are you thinking of that movie where the wife sets the bed on fire with the husband in it? I'm trying to think of one that matches that description (super controlling person is murdered by...controlled spouse).

Maybe the Peterson (Owl) case? I can see that one fitting that description. And in a way, I think that was the subtext of the defense.
The Burning Bed with Farrah Fawcett?

Exactly! roughly how long does a land sale take? Have only ever bought a house and that took its own sweet time :) - I assume this was something started prior to SM's disappearance?
I've done lots of land sales and purchases, as well as home sales. (agent and developer)
Land can be a little tricky, exploring usages, water flow, ability to build and where on it, etc. So, I can see a longer escrow than a normal already built home escrow. There can be a lot of due diligence to be done on a parcel of land.
Unless a large parcel has been subdivided into lots to build with their own parcel #'s. These quite often are sold with the pads prepared and utilities close.
Pulling in utilities (water, power) can be expensive if not nearby.
Trust me. I've been thru it all.

Agree. And also she is missing not dead, he can't be going through grief as he is not sure she is dead. A normal person is forever kept from resolution in a missing case.
If he is involved I would say it was because she tried to leave him.
This is what I suspect as well.
She threatened to leave him. Heck, maybe she already kicked him out! idk
The girls went on a retreat.
Maybe he went to talk with her whilst they were gone. idk
I have a feeling something was planned out tho.
I suspect there's been another woman.
And of course there's the money people don't like to have to split in a divorce.
Cancer
Infidelity
Threat of divorce
Children away
Missing person.
jmo

I think the poster is suggesting that we ALL consider other possibilities. IMO

I’ve been shocked by some of the outcomes here-totally unexpected. But more often than not, sadly, it turns out exactly the way it seems to be going. If I were a betting man, I would go all in on this one. Actually not all in-one little side bet on another angle. Other people could be at the house, could be at the jobsite, could know when Suzanne was alone.

I've been wondering if a some point friends and family of Suzanne become maybe somewhat indignant at some point in the future if the case remains as quiet as it currently is. And at what point that may happen? 6 months? 1year?. With LE maybe every 2 months updating everyone it's still active but nothing else new. Will this loving extended family then become vocal? Like, ok we gave LE the benefit of remaining silent as requested but this lack of movement in the case is getting old. ? I don't know. Maybe as a group they just all remain silent as Suzanne becomes a distant memory. If that happens the whole bunch really is crazy. MOO.

This is going to turn out like all the other cases I’ve followed on WS and the old Forums for Justice website I’ve been a member of for the last 15+ years - My only question? What mistakes were made? Like Jennifer I don’t think we will ever have her body - too much arrogance here IMO

If he were guilty, he most certainly would not be doing this.

Hi Kay,
Since you were answering my post, I thought I would reply. I respect your opinion.

Some cases for me were cut and dried, i.e., Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, Scott Peterson, OJ Simpson, Chris Watts, Leticia Stauch.

But in this case, as I did with Patrick Frazee, I was willing to give BM the benefit of the doubt. Frazee lawyered up and never spoke to the media and I thought that is what a good defense attorney would tell someone to do. I am guessing BM has an attorney and he has advised his client to keep his mouth shut. Fair enough.

And so, I sat on the fence for a long time, waiting. Waiting for the family to speak, waiting for BM to plea for her abductors to bring her home, waiting for his plea to neighbors to search for her. Anything. Anything at all. I didn’t even think anything of him concluding the sale of a home in Indiana. It was likely a timely issue for the other party.

But regarding the issue of buying property for his mother in CO, while his wife is missing? Really? I could say a lot about this. Taking care of business because he has no emotions about his wife being eaten by an animal? Being abducted by some crazed person? Really?

And what about the search warrants at his home? At a job location?
Do you believe LE has nothing else to do than to spend hours searching his home and job locations when all they really need to do is find that pesky animal that dragged her up the hill? Or find that predator that took Suzanne and yet they never informed the neighbors that they too might be in danger?

Nah. I’ve jumped off that fence for good. <modsnip>

It took me a long while to get off that fence with Frazee. I always want to believe the best about someone. Then lo and behold, we find out he had a little helper from Idaho.

Maybe you too want to believe the best about everyone. But the cases on WS are real and the bad guys are real and this forum is not for the faint of heart. We need to look at BM for what he is. And what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a no body case. It should go on for many months longer. You honestly expected an arrest without a body right now?

It took Connecticut authorities 7 months to nail Fotis Dulos. They had his DNA at the crime scene, a bloody mess in the garage, and caught him dumping trash-bags with bloody items.

This is not television.
Yeah but CT authorities really had a good case and could have locked up Dulos long before they did and he never deserved any kind of bail. I think there was some corruption there. Had he not been out on bail he might be telling the truth by now instead of committing suicide.
Still, I am willing to wait it out on BM.
He will go down eventually.

Maybe you too want to believe the best about everyone. But the cases on WS are real and the bad guys are real and this forum is not for the faint of heart. We need to look at BM for what he is. And what he did.
Great post but I believe every once in while the stars align and things are not what they appear to be. Not saying that this is the case here. But every once in a while innocent people are convicted of crimes they didn’t commit.

Great post but I believe every once in while the stars align and things are not what they appear to be. Not saying that this is the case here. But every once in a while innocent people are convicted of crimes they didn’t commit.
Absolutely. Can’t argue with that at all. That’s why I love reading everyone’s opinions. And I can be wrong. In fact, I am a lot of times.
This case feels different to me.

Ok.

So the first search warrant means nothing?

The second search warrant means nothing?

The FBI dug up some poor person’s property over 3 days, for no reason?

What actions by law enforcement are telling you that they are not looking at him?

66 days and no arrest? Isn't that ranging a wee bit past the "taking a long hard look" phase? JMO

I don’t mean to single you out and I respect your opinion. This is not a jury, but if it was, would your approach be the same?
Presently, my opinion is based on what I’ve seen LE do and not do. If I were on a jury I would have all the evidence before me and would make a decision based on those facts. I somehow doubt I would be less convinced after hearing all the facts of the matter. JMHO

66 days and no arrest? Isn't that ranging a wee bit past the "taking a long hard look" phase? JMO
300 days and no arrest is a serious possibility.

Without a body or a cooperating witness, they need to follow every avenue. They had KK in the Frazee case; I don’t think there’s one here.

Knowing it is one thing, but proving it is another.

That’s assuming there wasn’t a great deal of blood evidence, which is anyone’s guess.

300 days and no arrest is a serious possibility.

Without a body or a cooperating witness, they need to follow every avenue. They had KK in the Frazee case; I don’t think there’s one here.

Knowing it is one thing, but proving it is another.

That’s assuming there wasn’t a great deal of blood evidence, which is anyone’s guess.
No KK yet.. there could be.

You're right, this could take a while to sift through. With no body and possibly an "verifiable" alibi LE will need lots of other connected dots.

No KK yet.. there could be.

You're right, this could take a while to sift through. With no body and possibly an "verifiable" alibi LE will need lots of other connected dots.

They know it’s him, and they knew it was him very early on, I’m absolutely convinced of that.

The CBI and Feds would not play it this way otherwise. We’ve seen them far too often, and they’re too good not to have a good reason for how they handled all of this.

His alibi must have been complete trash, and his being in Denver didn’t let him off the hook at all.

So it’s a matter of evidence, and ultimately, time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShayGonCray