Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone get real close to it. I was running a meeting where one senior manager (VP) was insulting one of the other senior managers who was working on the project, and the feedback provided about the product and what customers wanted *greatly displeased* the VP. He started calling the senior mgr names, saying he was "clueless." It was out of control. It got so bad I shut down the meeting immediately, told my Sr. VP (who was also in the meeting) that I would not allow this to happen in any meeting I ran, and we could go have a conversation with the CEO if necessary, but that kind of behavior was unacceptable and would stop. Had I not shut it down they would have come to blows. I didn't care if I got in trouble, they were 3 levels above me, but I was furious at their childish behavior. (I didn't get in trouble and the CEO did have 'words' with the obnoxious VP).
I own a contracting company with DH. And I'm also a RE agent. I worked as a broker's lead asst. for a bit until the broker physically attacked a lender rep in the office! They were in a brawl! People were climbing up on their desks to avoid being hurt!
I quit after that. No thank you!
People get crazy out there sometimes!

I saw someone get real close to it. I was running a meeting where one senior manager (VP) was insulting one of the other senior managers who was working on the project, and the feedback provided about the product and what customers wanted *greatly displeased* the VP. He started calling the senior mgr names, saying he was "clueless." It was out of control. It got so bad I shut down the meeting immediately, told my Sr. VP (who was also in the meeting) that I would not allow this to happen in any meeting I ran, and we could go have a conversation with the CEO if necessary, but that kind of behavior was unacceptable and would stop. Had I not shut it down they would have come to blows. I didn't care if I got in trouble, they were 3 levels above me, but I was furious at their childish behavior. (I didn't get in trouble and the CEO did have 'words' with the obnoxious VP).
That was a smart move. I think I would have been too intimidated.

if a spouse wanted to end the life of the other spouse that had cancer and was under treatment i would think that during that time would be the chance to do it. little would be questioned if the dead spouse was found looking like they died in their sleep or something, i doubt a autopsy would be ordered, it would likely be marked up to death from the illness. if her spouse wanted to kill her the chance that would lead to little questions if any had already presented. that doesn't rule out a sudden unplanned act though, but sudden unplanned acts i wouldn't think are done so clean with so little evidence left.

the pacing at the friends house could be a lot of things. some people pace when they think, some pace when they worry.
I suspect Barry is both thinking and worrying at the same time. He’s thinking about all the things he did or didn’t do that are going to betray him and that’s what he’s worried about!

I also suspect infidelity came into play, and not on SM’s part. Of the two, SM was the more isolated. BM was out and about and likely suffering a mid-life crisis. Let’s face it, his body image had deteriorated. Not SM, despite having battled cancer twice. I suspect SM discovered the infidelity and lost it on him! Many of us have speculated on BM losing it on SM, but what if SM lost it on him first? Perhaps she discovered it had been going on for months, confronted him and threatened the consequences? It’s at this point that I’m unsure of what happened next. Did he beg her forgiveness and she refused to accept and then HE loses it, injuring her so badly there’s no turning back like LS with Gannon? Or, does he pretend to accept the consequences and begins his plan to murder her and stage her disappearance to save face with his children?

We sleuthers may not have the evidence to convict him, but I have no doubt LE have enough evidence to know what happened here and I pray they have enough to get this to trial. Suzanne deserves justice. She did not deserve to “disappear.” Her family deserves to know the truth. The killer deserves no mercy ESPECIALLY if he does not reveal where she is. This is torture for her children and extended family and it appears someone doesn’t care about that. He’s pacing and thinking, “Oh Suzanne,” sure hope I can get away with this. I have a whole new life ahead of me :mad:

Always JMHO

Where they physically hit someone else? I can see shouting or cursing but it's got to take an awful lot of emotion to become so unhinged that you would actually lay a hand on someone else. And I don't live a sheltered life ( maybe I do ;))
My dental hygienist literally came to blows with the other hygienist in the office and left for good (or perhaps was thrown out). I found out my hygienist was gone when it was time for my cleaning. I then contacted my ex-hygienist as we are connected through Facebook and I got the low-down on what happened (at least from her perspective). This physical altercation occurred in March of this year. :-O

That man hasn’t shown one morsel of genuine grief publicly and I doubt he’s capable of any heartfelt grief in private either. His acting skills are seriously wanting. JMHO
SM’s daughters haven’t shown one morsel of grief publicly. Nor have all of SM’s ‘close’ friends. Should we be calling them out too?

SM’s daughters haven’t shown one morsel of grief publicly. Nor have all of SM’s ‘close’ friends. Should we be calling them out too?
Some *have* called out SM's daughters for not making statements to the media or doing interviews. I've personally seen this more than a few times. And one of the daughters is a minor.

There is a great desire by some to see a parade of and display of emotion by those who know the victim (including friends, children, family). It certainly isn't out of concern for the ones who are hurting and those who actually know the victim. (again, I am *not* including BM in my comments).

IMO

I know people that can behave violent, cursing and threatening up a storm. Then get in their car and not be upset at all. It was all just an act to gain power and control. And they know what they're doing the entire time.

They rage like a 2 year old.
Poof, over it...
Without conscience or guilt.
Insane IMO.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. BM has been SEEN publicly both through his pathetic “plea” and his “impromptu” encounter with TD. HE put himself out there for the public. SM’s daughters and family have remained silent, which is their prerogative. I do not fault them for that.

The spouse of the missing person (in most cases) is normally the one family member that is expected to be in the spotlight, keeping the person's face and name in the public eye, appealing to the public if they've seen anything, heard anything, remember anything, to call the local authorities. This is normal, common, expected behavior in a married, missing person's case.

This is NOT what we're seeing in SM's case and it stands out like a sore thumb.

jmo

I don't understand what it is you think people should do on a discussion forum dealing with true crime. Are you saying that people shouldn't draw conclusions of one kind or another? That they shouldn't make inferences about this or that or shouldn't propose theories regarding what might have occurred? Are you saying they shouldn't conclude that so-and-so is the perp or that so-and-so is not the perp? Why? One, what is the point of discussing true crime aside from doing these things? What else is there to talk about? Two, who does this harm? Provided no one is misrepresenting the facts of the case --- something that is not allowed here --- and provided no one is simply saying horrible things about someone involved in the case --- something that is also not allowed here --- no one is harmed by my saying, "I think BM is responsible for SM's disappearance," nor is anyone harmed by Poster818987 saying, "I don't think BM is responsible," nor is anyone harmed from your saying, "I don't think we have enough facts in the case to say one way or another."

Many people here have concluded, for a variety of reasons, that BM is responsible for SM's disappearance. This seems to bother you, but I don't really understand why. No one is saying they know he is responsible, because no one can reasonably say that. No one is saying there's no chance they've misinterpreted this or that aspect of this case, because of course it's possible that people have misinterpreted this or that aspect of this case.

However, many here are of the opinion that BM is responsible for SM's disappearance, and again, many people here have come to this conclusion for a variety of reasons. No one is saying this simply because they don't "like the look of his eyes" and no one is ghoulishly wishing harm upon him or showering him with invective. People have simply assessed the facts of the case and determined that a variety of things point to BM. Why does this bother you so?

Respectfully, the threads have been cleaned up a bit. That is exactly what has disturbed me. Some HAVE speculated somewhat wildly, on the way he waved his arms, the M on the gate at their former home, etc. IMO

We have few facts, most based on likelihood of person closest to victim being the perpetrator. Our perceptions of LE could be flawed. JMHO

Those of us who continue to keep an open mind have been shut down here, perhaps simply because we have more productive things to do. Rather than rehash the same things on the few “facts” we continue to look for the other pois. There are several of those, and I for one refuse to get drawn into another discussion, simply because I have been ridiculed. (Yesterday, quite pointed, aimed at my random abductor)

Random abductions do occur. They are not as rare as claimed here. Yes, SM does appear to be at low risk, on the risk continuum, however her solo bike rides move the needle.

Whenever some of us post, trying to keep an open mind, it becomes a discussion bent on making us choose a side.
This began many threads ago and continued. Many of us who have not been convinced of BMs guilt, are silent.

You can s n i p the really nasty posts, but some of us do have long memories, the texts do not just go away.

This is my personal perception, but off forum discussions, have texted similar concerns.

I check in regularly, if I sense a chance for a fair discussion, I stay. Lately less and less. Those of you who have read my texts, will be shocked at how this comes across, I am a very easygoing person. Enough’s enough, for me. I can be feisty, just saying.

The spouse of the missing person (in most cases) is normally the one family member that is expected to be in the spotlight, keeping the person's face and name in the public eye, appealing to the public if they've seen anything, heard anything, remember anything, to call the local authorities. This is normal, common, expected behavior in a married, missing person's case.

jmo

Or a family spokesperson. Kenzie Leuck had an uncle, I believe, who spoke for the family. Jennifer Farber Dulos had Carrie L. Can’t remember her friend’s last name.

jmo

It is also the responsibility of LE to keep the community apprised of any dangers to the community and you have not seen this also. I just feel that if LE was looking for an abductor they would be much more private.

I feel for these girls. They seem to have been close to their Mom and I would think they have a pretty good idea what Mom might have been thinking. That may be why everyone is so quiet in this case. Let LE do their jobs. They know what is happening and public pleas are not bringing Mom back. Just wait for the evidence.

I do actually. I must be older than you. Lol.
My company is in construction too. It can get pretty hairy out there. Tempers can fly and do for a variety of reasons. Usually money and schedules.
I've seen physical confrontations or other violent actions like an individual who swept everything off his desk and then threw a chair out a window. (And this was the last person we would have thought would do such a thing.) Not a common occurrence to be sure, but probably a half dozen to a dozen times in my life.

Respectfully, the threads have been cleaned up a bit. That is exactly what has disturbed me. Some HAVE speculated somewhat wildly, on the way he waved his arms, the M on the gate at their former home, etc. IMO

We have few facts, most based on likelihood of person closest to victim being the perpetrator. Our perceptions of LE could be flawed. JMHO

Those of us who continue to keep an open mind have been shut down here, perhaps simply because we have more productive things to do. Rather than rehash the same things on the few “facts” we continue to look for the other pois. There are several of those, and I for one refuse to get drawn into another discussion, simply because I have been ridiculed. (Yesterday, quite pointed, aimed at my random abductor)

Random abductions do occur. They are not as rare as claimed here. Yes, SM does appear to be at low risk, on the risk continuum, however her solo bike rides move the needle.

Whenever some of us post, trying to keep an open mind, it becomes a discussion bent on making us choose a side.
This began many threads ago and continued. Many of us who have not been convinced of BMs guilt, are silent.

You can s n i p the really nasty posts, but some of us do have long memories, the texts do not just go away.

This is my personal perception, but off forum discussions, have texted similar concerns.

I check in regularly, if I sense a chance for a fair discussion, I stay. Lately less and less. Those of you who have read my texts, will be shocked at how this comes across, I am a very easygoing person. Enough’s enough, for me. I can be feisty, just saying.

Thank you Feisty for your post. Websleuths has always been interesting to me because of the diverse opinions of everyone. I lurk more than I post because I too want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I am still on the fence about BM. Not totally convinced he is the POI here and my opinion doesn't mean much.

Please stay and give your input whenever you feel like it. Websleuths encourages these discussions. You have a lot to offer. We have found in many cases the spouse is not the perpetrator, but it always seems like they are for some reason! JMO and all that stuff!

Off the top of my head, I can’t remember any punches thrown at work. However, last year one of my co-workers completely lost it after being constantly harassed by his boss. Coworker always was the quietest most mild-mannered guy; he admitted that he lost it afterward. But my boss had to physically restrain him, and my boss had trouble getting him to calm down. He snapped. That’s not the only time I have seen or heard this stuff; I guess it’s more common than one might think.

Nobody has gone missing or been murdered, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia