Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its the nature of the businesses I've been in. I can remember two fights in the backroom of a retail business when I was working part time in college. MANY times on board ship in Navy when we were on a long deployment and tempers get short. But the strangest was when I worked a short time in public accounting. Not in the firm itself but out in field at a clients. Twice, once in a construction business office and the other at a not-for-profit who was supposed to be helping at-risk kids and it was between two social workers after hours.

MOO there aren't any perfect families, because there aren't any perfect humans. Life is messy, and the more people gush on social media, the more suspicious I am about how "perfect" a life they have. AMOO

Perfectly stated! So very true... The harder people try to make things look perfect, the messier things likely are. Love this post and a simply "like" was not enough.

Or a family spokesperson. Kenzie Leuck had an uncle, I believe, who spoke for the family. Jennifer Farber Dulos had Carrie L. Can’t remember her friend’s last name.

BBM:

Oh, but we do have a "family" spokesperson in this case:
Good ol' what's-his-name. (Sorry, I've forgotten his name because it's been so long since he's said anything).

Oh, wait, that's right!
Just remembered.
BM's nephew. Initials are TN.
He's the designated spokesperson for the "family," i.e., BM.

TN…the spokesperson who refused to be shown on camera, stopped updating/commenting on the Find SM page almost immediately (but only after instructing everyone there to "ask the sheriff about the condition of the bike!") , and basically, has gone as silent as the grave.

I'm sure it's been most helpful to MSM trying to cover SM's disappearance to have a "family" spokesperson who isn't saying anything on behalf of the family, much less on behalf of SM. What better way to raise public awareness about SM being missing than to stop talking about her!

Judging by the "family" spokesperson's elective mutism, I'd say the "family," i.e., BM, has only one thing to say about SM's disappearance:

"No Comment."

JMO.

Last edited:
Where they physically hit someone else? I can see shouting or cursing but it's got to take an awful lot of emotion to become so unhinged that you would actually lay a hand on someone else. And I don't live a sheltered life ( maybe I do ;))

Yes, I have also witnessed physical fights, punches thrown and terrifying confrontations on construction sites within and between trades. I did outside sales in that industry for about 15 years, requiring much time on job sites. Sadly I feel it’s not so unusual due to the atmosphere. Can often be an extremely tense working environment. IMO

I’m wondering if Lauren Scharf will have anything new to report this coming week. She had said she was going to Salida (last Thursday, or Friday?), and I seem to remember her stating that she was looking forward to a few days off. I am hoping she made the trip and will provide some sort of update soon.

Yes, I have also witnessed physical fights, punches thrown and terrifying confrontations on construction sites within and between trades. I did outside sales in that industry for about 15 years, requiring much time on job sites. Sadly I feel it’s not so unusual due to the atmosphere. Can often be an extremely tense working environment. IMO
One of the two fights I mention above while I was in public accounting was in the office of a construction company. Next day the owner came over to where I working and apologized and said he was sorry I had to witness that. But then he said something to the effect if you're in the construction business and have never had a fight between workers on the job you probably don't have much business.

I’m wondering if Lauren Scharf will have anything new to report this coming week. She had said she was going to Salida (last Thursday, or Friday?), and I seem to remember her stating that she was looking forward to a few days off. I am hoping she made the trip and will provide some sort of update soon.
I was hoping there would have been something on Friday or this weekend. I'm guessing she hasn't learned much more from her trip. If that turns out to be true, I hope the TV station doesn't take that as a bad sign and not let her come down again unless something big breaks. Then again, I wonder if she didn't come down last week on her own time, on her own dime.

I’ve wondered if LE can only place Suzanne’s last known location at her home, as evidenced through her technology.

In combination, I’ve considered her demise at Puma Path may have left little physical evidence. Perhaps she was a victim of strangulation, suffocation, or drowning.

*If* both of those assumptions are true, what was the purpose of the return search by investigators? Surely all computers, tech, journals, any evidence of a crime (carpet fibers, fresh paint, cleaning products) were grabbed upon at the first multi-day search.

Is the return a credible indication that a crime leaving evidence occurred there?

Slightly off topic, but I quite like Lauren Scharf. I feel like we should all chip in and buy her a big gift basket with lots of fancy chocolate and wine to note her dedication to this case. I hope she was not only able to enjoy her time off, but also, to find something newsworthy.

moo

I was hoping there would have been something on Friday or this weekend. I'm guessing she hasn't learned much more from her trip. If that turns out to be true, I hope the TV station doesn't take that as a bad sign and not let her come down again unless something big breaks. Then again, I wonder if she didn't come down last week on her own time, on her own dime.

If or when something big happens, I really hope Lauren get a heads up and breaks the story. She has put in more time and effort than anyone keeping Suzanne’s name out there. Her coverage has separated what LE has said vs what others have said. She would be able to quickly provide the most accurate information to news outlets. She’s been great doing this during the pandemic using different platforms. I would hate to see the story handed off.

I like how you put that: I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am truly convinced of Barry's innocence, but I question whether Barry is guilty at all and whether it can be proven.
I actually hope you are right that he might be innocent. I hate to think of a man killing his wife. And I can agree with you that it might not be proven. I would say that if he did this, he pre-planned it because the body hadn’t been found. That means he had to give it a lot of thought.

I have actually wondered if the planning began before the move to CO. He hunted there often. Move her there, make her disappear and he gets to stay in CO. Or maybe my mind is just going crazy. :confused:

I’ve wondered if LE can only place Suzanne’s last known location at her home, as evidenced through her technology.

In combination, I’ve considered her demise at Puma Path may have left little physical evidence. Perhaps she was a victim of strangulation, suffocation, or drowning.

*If* both of those assumptions are true, what was the purpose of the return search by investigators? Surely all computers, tech, journals, any evidence of a crime (carpet fibers, fresh paint, cleaning products) were grabbed upon at the first multi-day search.

Is the return a credible indication that a crime leaving evidence occurred there?
Along those lines I've wondered where BM conducts his business and where he houses his equipment if he has any. He may have a home office and LE went there while at the home. But I can't imagine that in his line of work that he wouldn't have some equipment. Stored on his property? In a storage rental space in Salida? If the latter is the case, I haven't heard if LE searched anywhere else. And this other property where he supposedly got a permit for a well, has LE searched there? If not, it seems LE is entirely focused on the home with the exception of the other property that they had dug up.

Last edited:
BBM:

Oh, but we do have a "family" spokesperson in this case:
Good ol' what's-his-name. (Sorry, I've forgotten his name because it's been so long since he's said anything).

Oh, wait, that's right!
Just remembered.
BM's nephew. Initials are TN.
He's the designated spokesperson for the "family," i.e., BM.

TN…the spokesperson who refused to be shown on camera, stopped updating/commenting on the Find SM page almost immediately (but only after instructing everyone there to "ask the sheriff about the condition of the bike!") , and basically, has gone as silent as the grave.

I'm sure it's been most helpful to MSM trying to cover SM's disappearance to have a "family" spokesperson who isn't saying anything on behalf of the family, much less on behalf of SM. What better way to raise public awareness about SM being missing than to stop talking about her!

Judging by the "family" spokesperson's elective mutism, I'd say the "family," i.e., BM, has only one thing to say about SM's disappearance:

"No Comment."

JMO.

What got my attention was that in the beginning the husband was unidentified, no name. Hmm moo

...what was the purpose of the return search by investigators? Surely all computers, tech, journals, any evidence of a crime (carpet fibers, fresh paint, cleaning products) were grabbed upon at the first multi-day search.

IMO, I’d say not necessarily. They might also be trying to disprove something. Or fill in a gap in the timeline they’re constructing. Let’s say, for example, during the excavation they found a bit of duct tape that, upon analysis, had SM’s DNA on it. They could return to search for a roll of tape of the same brand to do matching analysis on it. Which still wouldn’t be conclusive evidence but might prove to be another piece of the puzzle. (Granted, that may not be the best example, since tape would likely pick up his DNA too. But I’m sure you catch my drift.)

For those of you that love tracking down stats:

How common are adult stranger abductions, in the US?

I assume the stats are on the FBI's site?

Way too many layers of issues to get a clear stat, but no doubt it's rare.

An educated Guess on WIKI "Fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year between 2010–2017.[5]" Footnoted But that doesn't source an LE stat. Problem is all the variances involving reported missing people may take years to resolve.

For example kidnapped by family members, friends so on. And not all are intended to be crimes. Some are misunderstandings amongst family members.

On Quora, this makes sense to me... In the US kidnapping is not separately recorded on the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports. Missing people are recorded but the cause of someone going missing varies. We do know anecdotally (even accounting for low reporting) that kidnapping of adults in the US is very rare.

Victims usually - but not always - live high risk lifestyles or engage in high risk behavior that increases their vulnerability. Suffice to say that the risk of kidnapping to mainstream adults in the US (not involved in criminal or high risk behavior and not recent immigrants who are part of closed ethnic communities) is quite low.

Last edited:
One of the two fights I mention above while I was in public accounting was in the office of a construction company. Next day the owner came over to where I working and apologized and said he was sorry I had to witness that. But then he said something to the effect if you're in the construction business and have never had a fight between workers on the job you probably don't have much business.

There is a lot of truth in his statement. For those who don’t spend regular time on construction sites this may seem jarring or unreal. It’s not. As a woman who spent so many years in that environment, I could write a book on things I witnessed that outsiders would find a bit unbelievable. It’s still like the Wild West and maybe not so PC out there friends...not for the faint of heart. Physical altercations were some of the more tame expressions I came across. IME.

...That man hasn’t shown one morsel of genuine grief publicly and I doubt he’s capable of any heartfelt grief in private either. His acting skills are seriously wanting. JMHO
His behavior reminds me of Scott Peterson during the time that his wife was "missing." Has BM sold her vehicle yet, or is he letting one of his kids drive it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia