Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where about in Denver, BM was supposed to be? I GMapped the distance from their home town to Denver and the fastest route was 2 hr 44 mins - the 2nd fastest route was 3 hrs 14 mins which fits better with the time frames - call placed 5.46 to report SM missing, and 9pm when BM arrived back - if that was me - I would take the fastest route and I would stop for nothing - maybe he did take fastest route which would then leave the question what was he doing for 30 mins - was the traffic high at the time of a global pandemic where most countries implemented lockdown measures?

eta - but then, why would he take 2nd fastest route?
Yet No one can vouge for him.. except the fire chief.. and it was not in BM favor..

Protection from Whom?
....The relative did not know where Suzanne’s two daughters were staying, as police have taken possession of the Morphew’s home as part of the ongoing investigation. “I think they are being protected,” the source said. ‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]
@Seattle1 bbm Thx for your post. The bbm puzzles me. Protected from whom?
--- Person(s) who purportedly abducted SM, who may return and harm/abduct dau's?
--- Media, trying to engage dau's in convo, to be first w bombshell (thank you, Nancy Grace) re SM's disappearance?
--- Random strangers wishing to engage dau's in convo about disappearance to satisfy their curiosity?
--- Anyone who might repeat to dau's any rumors about SM's disappearance?
--- BM, because even as early as May 25, relative had either independently suspected BM posed danger to dau's, or because based on communication w LE (or family, others?), relative had impression or was told by LE, BM was a PoI/suspect? (Personally doubting LE gave relatives any info or hints about BM as PoI/suspect.)
--- Others, dau's would need protection from?

its Colorado right, the same state that just did the one of the craziest child murder cases i can remember for at least a little awhile in Gannon Stauch

it stretched like 8 states for evidence and one of the craziest story trails i can remember

im sure if they do indeed suspect its BM.. they can untangle his movements and story because if they can do it for his Gannon's mother they can do it for this
The perp charged in Gannon’s case, Letecia Stauch, provided LE & the DA a treasure trove of digital evidence along with plenty of physical evidence, including a bloody crime scene. When charges were filed, there had been 117 search warrants executed according to the DA’s office (and they weren’t through). Then throw in the facts L Stauch couldn’t shut herself up bc she “was innocent”, and her nonstop social media posts, both gave LE more evidence. It took 6 months to complete the autopsy which was just completed last week. Dumbest criminal ever!

Then throw in the facts L Stauch couldn’t shut herself up bc she “was innocent”, and her nonstop social media posts, both gave LE more evidence. It took 6 months to complete the autopsy which was just completed last week. Dumbest criminal ever!

he also ended up in florida..and she ended up in Carolina so i mean.. while she couldn't keep her mouth shut, it was one of the most intertwining cases of random stories iv ever seen ( fake polygraph was pretty dumb though lol )

this guy BM had what 5 days and some resources... i think if its true he did it.. that they'll figure out where she is or where she ended up

I posted an exact map in an earlier thread...........and fully explained that if he was driving that rig with the bobcat loader in tow, my opinion is that he was pushing it hard to arrive at 9:00 pm. My point at that time, which is still valid, is that LE has surely collected all of the information to 100% verify his movement with cellular data, security cam video, his truck's internal GPS system, and perhaps even four fixed traffic cameras. Dirt samples off his trailer, bobcat and truck should give an excellent idea where they had been recently. All of that takes a while for LE to process, but it doesn't take more than 77 days. IMO
I'm quoting OP:

How can you provide an exact map and hour of arrival unless you have direct knowledge of BM's exact location?

To my knowledge, all the public knows is BM was in Denver.

I lived in Denver proper during University and it took some time to understand that when locals say "Denver" they mean the Denver Metropolitan area that includes multiple counties.

IMO, it makes for a very wide radius to cite an exact location. It's confusing, actually. MOO

19740.png

Denver is the central city of a conurbation region in the U.S. state of Colorado. ... The central part of the metropolitan statistical area (MSA) includes Denver and three immediately adjacent counties: Jefferson County to the west, Adams County to the north and east, and Arapahoe County to the south and east.

Denver metropolitan area - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Denver_metropolitan_are

Protection from Whom?
@Seattle1 bbm Thx for your post. The bbm puzzles me. Protected from whom?
--- Person(s) who purportedly abducted SM, who may return and harm/abduct dau's?
--- Media, trying to engage dau's in convo, to be first w bombshell (thank you, Nancy Grace) re SM's disappearance?
--- Random strangers wishing to engage dau's in convo about disappearance to satisfy their curiosity?
--- Anyone who might repeat to dau's any rumors about SM's disappearance?
--- BM, because even as early as May 25, relative had either independently suspected BM posed danger to dau's, or because based on communication w LE (or family, others?), relative had impression or was told by LE, BM was a PoI/suspect? (Personally doubting LE gave relatives any info or hints about BM as PoI/suspect.)
--- Others, dau's would need protection from?

SM missing since May 10 became national if not global news. The quote about the house being in police custody and the daughters being protected was dated May 25, 2020.

I think it made for sufficient time for the cray-cray to obsess over the daughter's social media and make them a target under the guise of wanting to protect them (or wanting revenge against BM). It's quite possible the girls were receiving threats. Reportedly, they've taken down their social media.

Since social media, I don't discount anything.

I'm recalling the TN minor that was allegedly rescued and taken across state lines after the minor told a man on internet chat site that she was being sexually abused by her step-dad. The perverted rescuer is now facing many years in federal prison.

MOO

The perp charged in Gannon’s case, Letecia Stauch, provided LE & the DA a treasure trove of digital evidence along with plenty of physical evidence, including a bloody crime scene. When charges were filed, there had been 117 search warrants executed according to the DA’s office (and they weren’t through). Then throw in the facts L Stauch couldn’t shut herself up bc she “was innocent”, and her nonstop social media posts, both gave LE more evidence. It took 6 months to complete the autopsy which was just completed last week. Dumbest criminal ever!
But......................she did tell people that one of these days they would look in her cell, and she would be gone; but to just keep walking and not say a word. Sure enough, she is relaxing in San Carlos at this very moment! Shhh! My lips are sealed. IMO

Last edited:
Colorado has a strong recent history in that regard, but those cases had things going for them that this one may not.

We just don’t have the slightest clue where this investigation stands, other than who the focus appears to be.

So absent a material witness (Frazee), or the dumbest criminal alive (Stauch), we could be here a while. Another issue is the fact that the DA is an interim replacement, and doesn’t appear to have any prosecutorial experience.

The Colorado Attorney General's office has, in the past, been known to temporarily assign personnel from another district, or bring back a retired prosecutor, to fill an experience gap in a district's caseload. I believe the ever-popular Dan May has stated that he intends to do some fly fishing after January 1, 2021; and there are some excellent streams within easy driving distance of Canon City (where the trial would be held). Who knows? We may see him in action again! IMO

"Protection" Needed, Why?
...time for the cray-cray to obsess over the daughter's social media and make them a target under the guise of wanting to protect them (or wanting revenge against BM). It's quite possible the girls were receiving threats. Reportedly, they've taken down their social media. Since social media, I don't discount anything.....
@Seattle1 Thx for your response about protection. Cray-cray making threats on their own soc media or posting on the dau's pages or a/cs? Yes, Makes sense. Well, not our kind of sense, but their kind of sense, YKWIM. my2cts.

Last edited:
The SWs for the house could be in reference to other people who had regular contact, not just BM.

Absolutely, including an alleged abductor. Initially, until proven otherwise, I've no doubt LE was investigating under multiple theories as to what happened to cause SM to disappear, not contact her family, or respond to their efforts to reach her.

It's hard not to think about SM's children. Same with the 5 Dulos children. :eek:

Relative's Comments?
Excerpts in blue from May 25 article and my comments in red. Just asking rhetorically as discussion on some points may be outside of W/S ToS.
1. "A relative of missing Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew...." {<--- Relative? How? And by blood or marriage?}
2. "The relative said that some of Suzanne’s family members, including at least one of Suzanne’s siblings and Barry Morphew’s mother — who Suzanne is reportedly close to — traveled to the area after Suzanne was reported missing. Suzanne’s own mother died of cancer years ago, and her father is believed to be living in Michigan." bbm {This relative does not know where SM’s Fa lives? Or did not want to disclose this info to reporter in interview? Or other reason for not saying? Maybe SM’s Fa’s health/condition does not lend itself to contact, interviews, etc? For ex, in nursing home? How close is ^ relative to SM? How often in touch? In person or only Christmas newsletter/ birthday card type contact?}

3. “The relative did not know where Suzanne’s two daughters were staying, as police have taken possession of the Morphew’s home as part of the ongoing investigation."

4. “I think they are being protected,” the source said...."bbm {My earlier post asked about protection from who/what. @Seattle1 suggested maybe – ppl making threats against dau’s. Imo, seems sense}

5. “Barry always seemed to be a good guy and a supportive husband,” the relative said. “I’d be surprised if anything happened. But sometimes we don’t know people as well as we think we do.” bbm {Not an unqualified endorsement of BM's sterling character, imo. But reading it as sleuthers, we know a relative's glowing praise is not always warranted. The 'sometimes we don't know' phrase ppl does ring true.}

Not sure what to make of the relative's comments altogether. my2cts.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE] Crimeonline.com May 25

Last edited:
Someone in Salida or Alexandria, IN (hometown) needs to host an organized, publicized (yet socially distanced) vigil for Suzanne. An all hands on deck (some best friends and relatives.). Even if only 50 people attend. Put on a mask and light a candle for this woman.

Who would show up?
Who wouldn’t?

How could Barry explain his absence should he choose not to go?

How might he behave if he attends?

What might Lauren Scharf’s camera see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members