Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...but that people would book their own iirc -"
That part I don't recall.
And I can't think of how one could do that?

CrimeOnline reached Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram, who confirmed that Barry Morphew is one of about 40 volunteer firefighters in the county. Asked if he had any information about a possible training that Morphew had attended on May 10, Bertram said it was the first he’d heard of it.

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10.

ETA - maybe I misunderstood, but I read it as they could book independantly

CrimeOnline reached Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram, who confirmed that Barry Morphew is one of about 40 volunteer firefighters in the county. Asked if he had any information about a possible training that Morphew had attended on May 10, Bertram said it was the first he’d heard of it.

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10.

ETA - maybe I misunderstood, but I read it as they could book independantly
Thank you, that's a horse of a different color! Making me think here, Ashildir. It's too damn hot to think, lol. ;)

Could he have told someone else he was at FF training ( TN, or the neighbor), but told LE something else? It might be possible that he may have said he was working in Denver in the beginning, and a publication jumped right into his firefighter profession that was listed, and assumed it was firefighter related. It’s the training part that gives me pause. Where did they get the training from? That’s a pretty big jump.

Many, many threads ago I traced and outlined the origins of the BM attending ff training in Denver on May 10 to the DM (May 20), citing an unnamed relative whereas it's a fact that local media never reported this. Local media has consistently cited BM in Denver, period, per the family.**

After the ff story broke, local Fox21 and Crimeonline contacted the Chaffee County Fire Chief for verification (May 21). The Fire Chief stated ff training suspended due to COVID19, adding he was told BM working on a landscaping project.

BM personally confirmed he was working on a project when his wife vanished during his interview with YT blogger. Given that BM is on video stating he was in Denver setting up a landscape project, I really don't understand why the ff training rumor not put to rest? bbm

**ETA: Nephew Trevor N initial contact with media was on May 13 where when asked directly, he reportedly refused to provide anything more about the husband other than he was in Denver when SM reported missing. He also refused to confirm if SM had children or if she lived with anyone.

MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride

May 13, 2020

Morphew’s Facebook page indicates that she has daughters, though it is unclear if she is currently living with anyone.

Well, apparently the nephew made the leap before the DM did. And it got out to other newspapers. Then someone asked the Fire Chief, who squashed that idea. Then BM talked to TD and mentioned that he had a job in Denver (IIRC).

Somehow "I had a job I needed to prepare for in Denver" got transmuted to "I was going for training in Denver that weekend" by the family spokesperson. It would have been great if TN (nephew) had corrected himself - but I think he didn't, because he didn't believe he misunderstood. He repeated what he was told, faithfully and did his best to help his uncle. By conveying what he was told to convey.

If the alibi checked out (for the entire period LE needs the alibi to check out), then I think LE would have cleared BM.
MOO probably I havent followed the nephew close enough to know when he posited the FF Denver Training. Here is the earliest DM article I can find 5/13/20. No reference to the Denver anything, but notably they state the sheriff is calling it an open criminal investigation.

Colorado mom, 49, vanishes after setting out on a Mother's Day bike ride | Daily Mail Online

So we have no idea when the girls got home-whether it was Barry first, or the girls. Would LE have kept them separate at or near the scene so they could get individual accounts without any collaboration? Do they automatically assume family members are POIs and treat them as such from the very beginning, or was this just considered a possibly injured person out in the wilderness? I’m trying to picture how this went down when all parties arrived on scene.

@Dave F. said:
I think it's wonderful that you talk to your mum every day! It must be somewhat of a challenge at times, with the time difference. So, being that close to your family at home, don't you find it strange that the Indiana family had no idea where SM's daughters were? IMO ^^bbm

As a matter of fact, I do not. Your reference was a statement by one person and no idea what their relationship was to SM. I'm not even sure the residence had been released yet when that statement made. MOO

I believe your use of the relative's statement was taken out of context.

Confirming the house was under the possession of LE and the unnamed relative did not know the daughter's location because the thought was the girls were being protected.

The relative did not know where Suzanne’s two daughters were staying, as police have taken possession of the Morphew’s home as part of the ongoing investigation. “I think they are being protected,” the source said.

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Do we know where about in Denver, BM was supposed to be? I GMapped the distance from their home town to Denver and the fastest route was 2 hr 44 mins - the 2nd fastest route was 3 hrs 14 mins which fits better with the time frames - call placed 5.46 to report SM missing, and 9pm when BM arrived back - if that was me - I would take the fastest route and I would stop for nothing - maybe he did take fastest route which would then leave the question what was he doing for 30 mins - was the traffic high at the time of a global pandemic where most countries implemented lockdown measures?

eta - but then, why would he take 2nd fastest route?

Do we know where about in Denver, BM was supposed to be? I GMapped the distance from their home town to Denver and the fastest route was 2 hr 44 mins - the 2nd fastest route was 3 hrs 14 mins which fits better with the time frames - call placed 5.46 to report SM missing, and 9pm when BM arrived back - if that was me - I would take the fastest route and I would stop for nothing - maybe he did take fastest route which would then leave the question what was he doing for 30 mins - was the traffic high at the time of a global pandemic where most countries implemented lockdown measures?

eta - but then, why would he take 2nd fastest route?

I think he had a trailer with equipment, and took the faster route, but had to average a slower speed than the trip calculator estimates.
MOO if BM had nefarious business, it was wrapped up before the return trip to Mayville.

The fire chief stated he was told that's where BM was, but said that they hadn't planned any, but that people would book their own iirc - was it BM that said he was on a job in Denver? I thought that it was the nephew - there is so much to read on here - I'm getting confused :eek::)

What a red t-shirt!

BM's Nephew TN, reportedly authorized to speak on behalf of the family including BM, NEVER stated he was attending ff training. BM NEVER stated he was at ff training.

It further does not follow that if during a global pandemic, all sanctioned ff training is canceled, there would even be any training taking place anywhere for solo's to attend!

Fire Chief did not state volunteer firefighters were booking their own training during the pandemic. He provided that generally, volunteer firefighters could also sign up for training at their convenience, in addition to the training provided.

MOO

* fixed your spelling

but ... that means its solved and they just need to figure out where BM hid the body and how he did it

glad its all solved now
It looks like they pretty much knew that from those early days onward. Both from what they did, but just as importantly, what they did not do.

I don’t think they’ll ever find her body, but I do think they’ll eventually be able to make a case.

I think he had a trailer with equipment, and took the faster route, but had to average a slower speed than the trip calculator estimates.
MOO if BM had nefarious business, it was wrapped up before the return trip to Mayville.

I posted an exact map in an earlier thread...........and fully explained that if he was driving that rig with the bobcat loader in tow, my opinion is that he was pushing it hard to arrive at 9:00 pm.
My point at that time, which is still valid, is that LE has surely collected all of the information to 100% verify his movement with cellular data, security cam video, his truck's internal GPS system, and perhaps even four fixed traffic cameras. Dirt samples off his trailer, bobcat and truck should give an excellent idea where they had been recently.
All of that takes a while for LE to process, but it doesn't take more than 77 days. IMO

It looks like they pretty much knew that from those early days onward. Both from what they did, but just as importantly, what they did not do.

I don’t think they’ll ever find her body, but I do think they’ll eventually be able to make a case.

been plenty of no body convictions done over the years, if so i hope they make a case

been plenty of no body convictions done over the years, if so i hope they make a case
Colorado has a strong recent history in that regard, but those cases had things going for them that this one may not.

We just don’t have the slightest clue where this investigation stands, other than who the focus appears to be.

So absent a material witness (Frazee), or the dumbest criminal alive (Stauch), we could be here a while. Another issue is the fact that the DA is an interim replacement, and doesn’t appear to have any prosecutorial experience.

So absent a material witness (Frazee), or the dumbest criminal alive (Stauch), we could be here a while. Another issue is the fact that the DA is an interim replacement, and doesn’t appear to have any prosecutorial experience.

its Colorado right, the same state that just did the one of the craziest child murder cases i can remember for at least a little awhile in Gannon Stauch

it stretched like 8 states for evidence and one of the craziest story trails i can remember

im sure if they do indeed suspect its BM.. they can untangle his movements and story because if they can do it for his Gannon's mother they can do it for this

IMO Nothing has been ruled out by LE, we did discuss it, many threads ago, some members have ruled it out.
I think with the Sw's of the house and properties it leads the investigation away from her being struck by a car or an abduction. I don't really remember a case being this tight lipped. It's hard to speculate on anything really. Other than the sw's, and to me, that seems to point to BM being involved some way and some how. I'm hoping to click onto here one day very soon and see posts of an arrest and answers to all the questions I have in my mind. The only conclusion I can draw right now is, LE is focused solely on BM and doing their best to build a strong case against him. That they'll remain quite until the arrest is made. Then we'll get the details and reasoning behind everyone including the family remaining completely silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14