Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I HEAR you...excellent point Tate123! Especially if he hypothetically felt threatened.

He didn't need a personal connection but had them on speed dial, no doubt, in the palm of his hand. Not calling 911 himself should be another Red flag. He is a trained First Responder, he knows the score...better than 70% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to trained first responders. Most 911 calls today route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there.

I agree that most calls today come from cell phones. IMO the call will be routed to the dispatch center closest to the cell tower used by the phone to the dispatcher which is servicing that city/area. It’s not impossible to use that center to ask for help in another city, but it’s easier to call locally for help. IMHO

Of course I would call the local number for LE at my home address if I needed help there and I knew them.

I agree with you although I am leaning towards it being planned. I was thinking that another possibility about the cars in the driveway. What if he has a trusted employee that he asked to thoroughly clean his house while he was gone?
IMO, BM didn’t want or need help from anyone.

BM had to have known there were 2 cars in the driveway when police were called? I’m not convinced that we’re following the same train of thought as the PE guys regarding the 2 cars. I’m not seeing the total significance of the red flag that they are trying to point out to us.

I thought I was doing pretty good at keeping up but what is the note that was found. This is the first time I have heard about it. Please tell me what the note said and where it was, etc. All information is welcome. Thank you.
Regarding the note that is being referenced in the links....was a "note' left at the Poncha Market in Salida late in the dayMay 12th by barry. .

That was Barry's 'helpful' description of her, written by Barry.
Baby Blue helmet...biking clothes...nothing else, no other detail added, whatsoever.
The clerk who received it, did post she thought it as vague...and weird. Vague?? Of course he did let her know about the 100K but it's not a part of his helpful description.

IMO the purpose of the note...was to continue/reinforce the narrative, nothing to do with helping find Suzanne...there was no description. ...

This is clearly a gray area post...the note was clearly discussed in detail (actually noted for it's lack of detail) Discussed by PE host, Chris and Mike who are approved, Unfortunately the actual note is posted by an unapproved source.

Here are three screenshots from the May 22nd Channel 4 CBS News Denver video taken from a drone-like helicopter:

The first shot at 0:37 of the video is a front view of the house that shows clearly that there are three garage doors, none of which have windows.

The second shot at 2:05 of the video is a rear view of the house which shows there is a rear window in the garage, and a door (presumably into a mud room) adjacent to, but not in the garage.

The third shot at 4:48 of the video shows the side of the garage, which clearly has a window.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (1).png
    Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (1).png
    597.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (2).png
    Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (2).png
    806.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (3).png
    Screenshot_2020-08-10 RAW Helicopter video 5 22 2020 (3).png
    711.8 KB · Views: 34
Here are three screenshots from the May 22nd Channel 4 CBS News Denver video taken from a drone-like helicopter:

The first shot at 0:37 of the video is a front view of the house that shows clearly that there are three garage doors, none of which have windows.

The second shot at 2:05 of the video is a rear view of the house which shows there is a rear window in the garage, and a door (presumably into a mud room) adjacent to, but not in the garage.

The third shot at 4:48 of the video shows the side of the garage, which clearly has a window.

How would the neighbor be able to identify where the bike is or is not through a small window with 2 cars and stuff in the garage? Jmo

We heard not one hearsay comment from the family that was supportive of Barry’s innocence.
How I see it is you have a low risk, married woman who abruptly stopped texting with her friend three months ago and hasn't been seen since then.

Her daughters were conveniently out of town on Mother's Day weekend when most people are notoriously busy with their families.

Her husband says that he went out of town on Mother's Day, leaving so early that he didn't bother waking his wife to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

To add, the million dollar home has a non-working security system.

If it were a stranger who broke into the home, despite seeing vehicles in the driveway and evidence of a security system, SM would be left in the home.

IMO - Suzanne met her demise on Saturday night. It was a sneak attack and planned. Her body was removed from the home to hide the cause of death and to buy time for the perpetrator. He thinks that her body must be found for him to be charged. He figures, even if it is found now, no cause of death will be determined.

What leads me to believe that it was planned is the body is so well hidden. This takes time to think about where one would hide a body to prevent it from being found.

I'm not certain, but he could have had help with the cleanup (a la Patrick Frazee). I'm not sure the perpetrator would make the same mistake as Frazee. Involving someone else risks the possibility of the other person talking.

I just hope that justice will eventually prevail, with or without a body.

Last edited:
We're not talking about the typical class of steroids used for immune disorders. Nor are we talking about properly prescribed "steroids." At least, I'm not.

We're talking about so-called "performance enhancing drugs" used by athletes and gym rats to bulk up their muscles. People often refer to them as "steroids" but they can include compounds that cause mania.

Most people on steroids, like yourself, take them in the dosages prescribed by their doctors and are monitored for side effects. Not everyone gets side effects, thankfully.

Some people get these drugs at the gym, without Rx, and some people use them at higher doses than any doctor would prescribe.

Understanding the risks of performance-enhancing drugs.

I seriously doubt that you are on anabolic-androgen producing steroids which is what athletes (both male and female) may take to build muscle. They have many side effects, including rage and mania.

They cause women to grow hair on their faces and chests, too. They cause a woman's voice to lower. They increase risk of heart attack and stroke. The link above lists all the other physical side effects.

Yes, they come with a lot of mental health side effects including irritability and anger.

"People who misuse anabolic steroids report more anger than nonusers, as well as more fights, verbal aggression, and violence toward their significant others, sometimes called "roid rage." One study suggests that the mood and behavioral effects seen during anabolic-androgenic steroid misuse may result from secondary hormonal changes."

I would not be surprised at all if BM uses steroids.

MOO.

Source: How does anabolic steroid misuse affect behavior? | National Institute on Drug Abuse

My view is that the friend and family know Suzanne, and we don't. Most people do not just end a text conversation that's on a particular topic (wedding) abruptly. At least, not most people I know. We all run in different crowds. Even my 9 year old granddaughter doesn't end conversations abruptly. My best friend lives in another state, we text more frequently than we talk on the phone. Neither of us ends a conversation without winding it down, otherwise the other person keeps carrying their phone around thinking the convo is still going. "Gotta go! Love ya!"

I trust the people who know Suzanne and spoke to PE more than I do the varying experiences of everyone who is reading and might want to comment. Some of us may be more like Suzanne (and end conversations with friends politely and appropriately), others may not be. The only thing that's relevant is what does Suzanne usually do, and again, I trust her family and friend.

They came forward with a concern, I trust their concern.
The more I consider this, the main cause for abruptly leaving a text conversation for me would be an incoming phone call. Especially if it is on the same device I’m using to text. Next would be someone ringing my doorbell. Both would be much more likely than my phone battery depleting (or me being strangled to death from behind). A lengthy or serious phone conversation, or visit from a friend, that lasts up until or during dinner prep would be a very realistic scenario for me. And had SM not disappeared and been able to make contact again the next day, the abrupt halt to texting might not have seemed abnormal at all. But in light of what happened, it’s a huge clue and help with the timeline.

How I see it is you have a low risk, married woman who abruptly stopped texting with her friend three months ago and hasn't been seen since then.

Her daughters were conveniently out of town on Mother's Day weekend when most people are notoriously busy with their families.

Her husband says that he went out of town on Mother's Day, leaving so early that he didn't bother waking his wife to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

To add, the million dollar home has a non-working security system.

If it were a stranger who broke into the home, despite seeing vehicles in the driveway and evidence of a security system, SM would be left in the home.

IMO - Suzanne met her demise on Saturday night. It was a sneak attack and planned. Her body was removed from the home to hide the cause of death and to buy time for the perpetrator. He thinks that her body must be found for him to be charged. He figures, even if it is found now, no cause of death will be determined.

What leads me to believe that it was planned is the body is so well hidden. This takes time to think about where one would hide a body to prevent it from being found.

I'm not certain but he could have had help with the cleanup (a la Patrick Frazee). I'm not sure the perpetrator would make the same mistake. Involving someone else risks the possibility of the other person talking.

I just hope that justice will eventually prevail, with or without a body.

To me, one of the big new pieces of info was that Barry arranged the out-of-town trip for the daughters. I have thought that was the case all along, since the daughters would have needed funds to go. At the very beginning, I thought that if we learned Barry had helped plan the trip, that would indeed be a big red flag.

I thought PE also revealed that the daughters had been trying to call since Wednesday or Thursday to ask if they could stay an additional 2 weeks...

I've been reading the comment section of PE on YouTube and this is what the PE guys had to say when someone asked a question about the two vehicles in the driveway:

"We need to verify things before we get into that more."

I wish I could post the ss from my iPad, but I don't see an option for that. If this is not allowed, please delete.

Handwritten note was reportedly left at store on Tuesday May 12.
LE found personal item on Thursday May 14.
the helmet ? (personal item found by LE)
JMO
Thank you Cindizzi, the chronology may be important one day.

I've long thought the personal item will be her helmet, time will tell.

Regarding the note that is being referenced in the links....was a "note' left at the Poncha Market in Salida late in the dayMay 12th by barry. .

That was Barry's 'helpful' description of her, written by Barry.
Baby Blue helmet...biking clothes...nothing else, no other detail added, whatsoever.
The clerk who received it, did post she thought it as vague...and weird. Vague?? Of course he did let her know about the 100K but it's not a part of his helpful description.

IMO the purpose of the note...was to continue/reinforce the narrative, nothing to do with helping find Suzanne...there was no description. ...

This is clearly a gray area post...the note was clearly discussed in detail (actually noted for it's lack of detail) Discussed by PE host, Chris and Mike who are approved, Unfortunately the actual note is posted by an unapproved source.
Thank you. Now I understand. I appreciate your help.

@OldCop - what is your take on why such a limited space was dug up at Barry’s job site? Why would LE dig up what appears to be less than 10% of BM’s actual work? What type of evidence would make LE comfortable that they are accurately searching given the scope of the job site.
I'm hoping it was not singularly based on the elderly neighbor's report of equipment operating late at night.

The more I consider this, the main cause for abruptly leaving a text conversation for me would be an incoming phone call. Especially if it is on the same device I’m using to text. Next would be someone ringing my doorbell. Both would be much more likely than my phone battery depleting (or me being strangled to death from behind). A lengthy or serious phone conversation, or visit from a friend, that lasts up until or during dinner prep would be a very realistic scenario for me. And had SM not disappeared and been able to make contact again the next day, the abrupt halt to texting might not have seemed abnormal at all. But in light of what happened, it’s a huge clue and help with the timeline.

My phone allows me to text and talk on the phone at the same time. It's an apple device and Suzanne is shown with apple devices, so I'm betting she had an apple phone.

I'm thinking it's very likely that Suzanne was using her computer to send things back and forth with her friend (wedding planning things). I can't imagine having a "thumb convo" by phone text that goes on over hours and involves wedding planning.

The fact that Suzanne never gets back to her friend (we're asked by BM to believe that she slept through Barry's departure and then got up, ignored the hanging text convo and her friend's attempts to contact her, ignored her daughters' attempts to contact her in the morning, then went on a bike ride instead...)

Something rather odd about that scenario - not enough to hang BM, of course, but certainly a piece of the puzzle. Finally, we have word of someone other than BM who interacted with Suzanne on what was possibly her last day alive.

Yes, they come with a lot of mental health side effects including irritability and anger.

"People who misuse anabolic steroids report more anger than nonusers, as well as more fights, verbal aggression, and violence toward their significant others, sometimes called "roid rage." One study suggests that the mood and behavioral effects seen during anabolic-androgenic steroid misuse may result from secondary hormonal changes."

I would not be surprised at all if BM uses steroids.

MOO.

Source: How does anabolic steroid misuse affect behavior? | National Institute on Drug Abuse

I was taking high dosis corticosteroids for an autoimmune condition. One of the sort (medrol) which was also often misused in the body building and other amateur sport world. I can testify that it causes stress and rage. I had to go to the fitness every single day and exercise long and really intensively to get rid of this excess “force”. That, or I would have killed my husband. I love him to pieces and I’m not kidding. I was going to explode otherwise... Roid rage is real and can happen to otherwise very patient persons.

It should be told I have no idea if in that household anybody used or misused steroids. Big muscles are not always a result of steroid, HGH or any other drug (mis)use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarishaikh