Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@OldCop - what is your take on why such a limited space was dug up at Barry’s job site? Why would LE dig up what appears to be less than 10% of BM’s actual work? What type of evidence would make LE comfortable that they are accurately searching given the scope of the job site.

Sunday 10th May,
BM left Suzanne sleeping at 5 AM in the morning to go and prep stuff at his worksite in denver.
Her friend who chatted with her from the night before and Suzannes daughters are unable to reach her.
The daughers call or text BM and let him know they are unable to reach their mother.
BM calls the neighbor and ask to check up on Suzanne.
At 5.46 PM Neighbor calls LE when she is unable to locate suzanne after the phonecall with BM.
At aprox. 9 PM at night BM comes home from denver.
LE began searching immediately.

Thank you for the very thorough timeline! IMO I am still so confused by Sunday evening. So, the neighbor calls 911 at 5:46 after speaking to BM. Does LE ever contact BM by phone to clarify what the situation is? What time did LE arrive at the residence? What caused them to be concerned about SM? Did they start searching right then or not until BM arrived home after 9:00pm? When did the girls arrive home? And, of course, how do the 2 cars in the driveway play into this? Who else did BM call after telling the neighbor to call 911? We are missing so many pieces of the puzzle I feel like.

I don't think LE would respond to a call from a resident that her neighbor's husband is concerned that she is not home & then immediately jump into action combing the wooded areas to look for her without ever speaking to this husband. What did they see at the home that caused them so much concern?

oh that's a good idea, too. didn't think of that. or maybe BM's own car was there, when it was supposed to be somewhere else.

Wouldnt it be something if the coverup was still in progress and a borrowed or a helper's car was still there when the neighbor went over to check the house. The perp(s) may have been forced to leave an extra vehicle there when it was not intended to be seen. That sure would add to the suspicions LE would have if a vehicle that is normally not there was there.

Or was first spotted by the neighbor and when they went back maybe only one vehicle remained.

I agree with others that the PE guys have more that they could not reveal.
JMO

Thank you for the very thorough timeline! IMO I am still so confused by Sunday evening. So, the neighbor calls 911 at 5:46 after speaking to BM. Does LE ever contact BM by phone to clarify what the situation is? What time did LE arrive at the residence? What caused them to be concerned about SM? Did they start searching right then or not until BM arrived home after 9:00pm? When did the girls arrive home? And, of course, how do the 2 cars in the driveway play into this? Who else did BM call after telling the neighbor to call 911? We are missing so many pieces of the puzzle I feel like.

I don't think LE would respond to a call from a resident that her neighbor's husband is concerned that she is not home & then immediately jump into action combing the wooded areas to look for her without ever speaking to this husband. What did they see at the home that caused them so much concern?

We are missing so many pieces indeed and we do not have the answers to your (and ours) question sadly. Very solid questions in my opinion and i would love to see some answers.
They do have missing people in that area do to hiking or biking through rough terrain and they did find the bike very early on so they immediately thought maybe she was hurt and the lack of communication i think. Jmo

I think the vehicle search/seizure is important. Jmo

Do you know when that was?

Can we brainstorm as to why the Profiling Evil investigators have red flagged the cars five times?

I can think of several reasons or persons who may have had cars in that driveway: daughters, camping friends, Barry’s sister, Suzanne’s, Barry’s employee?

The neighbor would be able to identify Suzanne/daughters’s cars. I’m assuming if it were their cars, that info would not be so hush-hush. Of course you’d expect Suzanne and a daughter’s car to be in the driveway.

Why are these cars important?

As a busy household here with multiple cars, drivers, flopping for driveway spots, I’m always annoyed when someone has blocked my car in or even worse, blocked my car in, and left with their own car keys (with a buddy, or employee?)

Maybe Barry knew Suzanne wouldn’t need her car that day? Maybe this has more to do with a detail that Barry forgot to think through?

Or what if the cars are Suzanne/daughter cars, but the neighbor knows the ladies never parked outside the garage? What if Barry always has to park outside because the ladies always got the three garage spots? Then, their OWN cars being in their OWN driveway might be suspicious.

IMO

I have no way of knowing why exactly on PE they made a big deal of the two cars being in the driveway, but if my husband is unreachable but the rest of our cars are at home, this alone would give me a red flag as wel. Then I too would ask the person standing in front of the house to go and look into the garage to see if his bike(s) are there. If one was missing and he was never going on a ride ‘till that hour I too would call the police if I wasn’t there in person to check along his usual routes. More so if I was a volunteer firefighter because I could have contact at local LE. I would not ask the old lady to do so. But that’s just me. Everybody is different.

On the other hand, if I don’t have a personal connection at local LE who I could call and was necessary to call 911, then it would be self explanatory to let the local person make the call because my 911 would be routed elsewhere if I’m out of that region.
The same is valid if I wanted to distance myself from the scene and the crime. (Even if I knew someone at the local PD)

Either way if the cars are home in a region where you always need a car to get around while SM being unreachable all day that’s on it’s own would clearly be a red flag already. Add (the story of) the missing bike at an odd hour and this clearly would become an emergency immediately.

So I too am curious why they made a big deal of the cars.

I agree. That wasn't such a red flag to me. Sadly, I also get distracted and dont always end a text properly (with friends and loved ones especially). I guess it depends on what the friend was accustomed to in their texting patterns.

My view is that the friend and family know Suzanne, and we don't. Most people do not just end a text conversation that's on a particular topic (wedding) abruptly. At least, not most people I know. We all run in different crowds. Even my 9 year old granddaughter doesn't end conversations abruptly. My best friend lives in another state, we text more frequently than we talk on the phone. Neither of us ends a conversation without winding it down, otherwise the other person keeps carrying their phone around thinking the convo is still going. "Gotta go! Love ya!"

I trust the people who know Suzanne and spoke to PE more than I do the varying experiences of everyone who is reading and might want to comment. Some of us may be more like Suzanne (and end conversations with friends politely and appropriately), others may not be. The only thing that's relevant is what does Suzanne usually do, and again, I trust her family and friend.

They came forward with a concern, I trust their concern.

My view is that the friend and family know Suzanne, and we don't. Most people do not just end a text conversation that's on a particular topic (wedding) abruptly. At least, not most people I know. We all run in different crowds. Even my 9 year old granddaughter doesn't end conversations abruptly. My best friend lives in another state, we text more frequently than we talk on the phone. Neither of us ends a conversation without winding it down, otherwise the other person keeps carrying their phone around thinking the convo is still going. "Gotta go! Love ya!"

I trust the people who know Suzanne and spoke to PE more than I do the varying experiences of everyone who is reading and might want to comment. Some of us may be more like Suzanne (and end conversations with friends politely and appropriately), others may not be. The only thing that's relevant is what does Suzanne usually do, and again, I trust her family and friend.

They came forward with a concern, I trust their concern.
ITA - I think this was an important conversation IMO and this is why I believe something happened within just a few minutes of the last message sent that was considered to be by SM
JMO

Police do not have a right to photograph you if you are not under arrest. They can ask you for permission to photograph you and you can refuse.

At which point, in CO, people have been declared non-cooperative. Even the Ramseys complied with getting photos done. Since it's usually one of the first things asked for, the fact that the Sheriff said BM was "cooperating" makes me think he allowed it. Surely they wanted a cheek swab from all the residents?

It's interesting that police can't photograph without permission (I've been told differently by police, good to know). I've been told that police can photograph anything they want as long as the person is in a "public place" (which is the front yard, in California). And here, an attorney says that they can take pictures at traffic stops:

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-police-officer-take-your-picture-during-a-tr-3263187.html

(Is that a kind of arrest? I mean, a traffic stop is detainment, right?)

I've worked with plain clothes officers who took pictures of people going in and out of a drug house, I never thought a thing about it. Now that I think about it, though, on other occasions I was asked to share my own pictures (taken at public events) with LE (for the purposes of trying to calculate attendance and because I had data about relative ratios regarding sex and age).

My thoughts on BM. He’s a big, strong guy and not intimidated by rough terrain. He doesn’t need help making a body disappear. He is quite capable of carrying a 100 lbs over his shoulder into rugged back country and burying it deep.

About the 2 vehicles, if turns out that one of those cars was a coworkers’ , who joined BM on Mother’s Day morning, there is a possibility that the coworker knows something or that BM had already disposed of the body.

I’m thinking that if it was an act of rage, and BM was instantly regretful, he’d want to make ‘it’ go away as quickly as possible.
MOO

As a hypothetical ... lets say BM wanted to deflect attention from himself and put the blame on someone else (just guessing here) let's say he wanted to blame a family member from her side. Isn't it curious to you that he didn't mention that possibility at the top of his list when talking to TD?

I HEAR you...excellent point Tate123! Especially if he hypothetically felt threatened.

On the other hand, if I don’t have a personal connection at local LE who I could call and was necessary to call 911, then it would be self explanatory to let the local person make the call because my 911 would be routed elsewhere if I’m out of that region.
The same is valid if I wanted to distance myself from the scene and the crime. (Even if I knew someone at the local PD)

He didn't need a personal connection but had them on speed dial, no doubt, in the palm of his hand. Not calling 911 himself should be another Red flag. He is a trained First Responder, he knows the score...better than 70% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to trained first responders. Most 911 calls today route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there.

I don't know if that would be much of a red flag for me, except it would demonstrate that the person who left the car behind mine was rude. At our house, we keep extra keys on hand to move any vehicle that would normally be at the house so no one is ever blocked in.

BUT if a strange car was parked behind SM's car all day with no keys available, hmmmm. It would suggest that no one expected SM to be going anywhere in her car. THAT would be a red flag. Could he/she/they be that stupid? Yep.
bbm
Ita.
Hoping that a certain persons' extreme idiocy will be their undoing !!

I HEAR you...excellent point Tate123! Especially if he hypothetically felt threatened.

He didn't need a personal connection but had them on speed dial, no doubt, in the palm of his hand. Not calling 911 himself should be another Red flag. He is a trained First Responder, he knows the score...better than 70% of all 911 calls do come from cell phones and have for several years now. It’s nothing new to 911 or to trained first responders. Most 911 calls today route to main dispatch centers and are disbursed from there.
bbm
Exactly.
Why have the neighbor call 911 ?
Or if BM instructed the frightened daughters to make the call... how cruel !! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Esp. if he's promoting himself as the 'doting husband' ?
Smdh.
Imo.

Eta : BM had to know that if the daughters made the 911 call (which we haven't heard yet per the investigation keeping things close to the vest.) , their fear and distress would sound genuine ! :(
Much more than he would have been able to convey.
Something to think about.
Imo.

Last edited:
i can't remember who all was asking for a transcript of the profiling evil episode, but i just learned (from plunder) that if you click the 3 dots to the bottom right of the video, you can select "open transcripts" and the transcript will appear beside the video as it plays. (you can also select "add translations" if anyone needs that.). that is for a laptop. on a mobile phone, the 3 dots appear at the top right. hope this helps!

here? are we harrassing someone?
Good question.
To answer your post : No, we are not. :)

We are however speculating, theorizing, and going on concrete evidence and allowed source material only.
If that evidence leads somewhere in particular, well so be it.
The clock is ticking and someone(s) time is running short ! ;)
Imo.

"Seem to believe"...yes, based on what little we have seen or have learned to the contrary. As stated before, this is a discussion forum, people interested in discussing crime, trials but most importantly justice. But I assure you, from what I know of this group, I believe that "seem to believe"
could/would turn on a dime with a solid piece of contradictory evidence.

Vigilantism or the need to be proven right based on "feelings", has nothing to do with justice, we get that. Even with major contradictory evidence many would still not be crazy about or fond of Barry, may still think he's narcissistic, controlling basically a jerk....or whatever but we realize the gravity/consequences of a murder charge. It's not a matter of having a problem with the fact the law "presumes a defendant's innocence" That's one of the things that makes our country/society great IMO. How petty would we be if we thought our "guess" , or feelings about someone trumped a man's freedom?

Thank you. The inference that members here are a pitch fork wielding mob who disdain our constitutional protections just because we form opinions in a DISCUSSION group, becomes tiresome.

Innocent until proven guilty applies ONLY in the judicial system. Not in an online discussion group. I am free to form opinions and even act on them as long as I don’t discriminate against a protected class when doing so.

And forming an opinion while discussing a case is part of our God-given ability to judge situations and people. It has nothing to do with ensuring that a suspect or defendant isn’t treated as guilty by a court until the state proves him or her so- it does not shift the burden of proof in a courtroom setting.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts on BM. He’s a big, strong guy and not intimidated by rough terrain. He doesn’t need help making a body disappear. He is quite capable of carrying a 100 lbs over his shoulder into rugged back country and burying it deep.

About the 2 vehicles, if turns out that one of those cars was a coworkers’ , who joined BM on Mother’s Day morning, there is a possibility that the coworker knows something or that BM had already disposed of the body.

I’m thinking that if it was an act of rage, and BM was instantly regretful, he’d want to make ‘it’ go away as quickly as possible.
MOO
I agree with you although I am leaning towards it being planned. I was thinking that another possibility about the cars in the driveway. What if he has a trusted employee that he asked to thoroughly clean his house while he was gone?

Handwritten note was reportedly left at store on Tuesday May 12.
LE found personal item on Thursday May 14.
I thought I was doing pretty good at keeping up but what is the note that was found. This is the first time I have heard about it. Please tell me what the note said and where it was, etc. All information is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member