Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think that one of those cars belonged to someone who was with Barry up in Denver? If that’s the case, LE has a lot of questions for that individual. What time did you meet Barry on Sunday? How did he seem? What did you do all day? How was he on the ride home? Tell us about the phone calls he made all day. Did he try to contact his wife at all? When did he ask you to go to Denver with him? I think I’m going down a rabbithole.
I can’t imagine that BM would have sent the neighbor to check the house if there were suspicious cars there.

My problem with the Profiling Evil information is that it's double hearsay. I have no way of knowing the truth of what was said or even who said it. My advice to Barry Morphew would still be to keep quiet.

That being said, the Profiling Evil hosts did manage to do what media hasn't: speak to a member of the Moorman family. It's double hearsay and cloaked in anonymity, but hats off to them for their hard work.

I’m glad you’re here reminding us how the law works. We all have certain rights, and regardless of guilt or innocence, are smart to exercise those rights. The presumption of innocence is there until proven otherwise. We can discuss all of these damning details here but obviously LE wants more before an arrest is made.

REF: "Suzannes daughters and her friend who chatted with her from the night before are unable to reach her."

What time did the conversation with the daughters take place on Saturday night?

Not sure when or if the daughters where in contact with Suzanne saturday night. I ment only the friend. I changed this up a bit to make it more clear.

You might also add Saturday 5/9 - late night equipment heard at BM’s current job site.

Added, thank you!

My problem with the Profiling Evil information is that it's double hearsay. I have no way of knowing the truth of what was said or even who said it. My advice to Barry Morphew would still be to keep quiet.

That being said, the Profiling Evil hosts did manage to do what media hasn't: speak to a member of the Moorman family. It's double hearsay and cloaked in anonymity, but hats off to them for their hard work.

PE has so much experience in the criminal field, i have a feeling they thoroughly vetted the family. They are anonymous to us but not to them. Jmo

It's bothering me too. PE guys seemed to think it was indicative of something, but were not willing to clearly verbalize exactly what.
You're point of possible buddy leaving a car there along with the keys is a possibility. That could have given BM access to a vehicle other than his own. It could have also been an older vehicle that could not be tracked. I anticipate more details coming out soon. Moo

oh that's a good idea, too. didn't think of that. or maybe BM's own car was there, when it was supposed to be somewhere else.

I'm wondering why this family member is has insisted on being anonymous. JMO
Perhaps they have something to fear from someone....
It makes sense to me because the only way I would talk to a youtuber is with the promise that they wouldn't reveal my identity. But then I probably wouldn't talk to a youtuber at all.

Are the PE guys indicating that the cars being parked in the drive way lead to questions of what could be going on behind the closed garage doors? I went back to the zillow pics of the Morphew house and confirmed there are no windows on the garage doors. Thoughts?
Could it be the car of a female employee (or a female) suspected of having an affair with BM? Just speculating.

It's definitely a possibility. I'd like to know if there was any communication via Suzanne's phone after the moment when the conversation came to an abrupt end. If not, then that would be a very interesting fact.

In listening to the PE guys video, it sounds like that is the last communication with Suzanne.

A few questions I have:
  • It seems the PE guys are suggesting BM had an accomplice. At one point Mike asks an employee to call the tip line, and put the number up on the screen. Earlier they say they have some information and have talked to someone?
  • I was confused by this scenario they proposed. Barry tells LE he last saw Suzanne on Saturday at 5:00 AM vs. the girlfriend's text conversation with her on Saturday which abruptly ended mid-evening. Are they suggesting BM lied to LE or changed his story?
  • Finally BM's handwritten note given to store clerk is acknowledged! Further acknowledgement that he was perpetrating the abduction theory. Does anyone think his note ties back to the "evidence" discovered by LE up near the highway? Which came first, the note or the evidence find?

I'm wondering why this family member is has insisted on being anonymous. JMO
As a hypothetical ... lets say BM wanted to deflect attention from himself and put the blame on someone else (just guessing here) let's say he wanted to blame a family member from her side. Isn't it curious to you that he didn't mention that possibility at the top of his list when talking to TD?

Wow can you imagine if a car blocked in Suzanne’s ability to leave the home, and the owner was 3 hours away in Denver the entire day? Red flag.
I don't know if that would be much of a red flag for me, except it would demonstrate that the person who left the car behind mine was rude. At our house, we keep extra keys on hand to move any vehicle that would normally be at the house so no one is ever blocked in.

BUT if a strange car was parked behind SM's car all day with no keys available, hmmmm. It would suggest that no one expected SM to be going anywhere in her car. THAT would be a red flag. Could he/she/they be that stupid? Yep.

Last edited:
In listening to the PE guys video, it sounds like that is the last communication with Suzanne.

A few questions I have:
  • It seems the PE guys are suggesting BM had an accomplice. At one point Mike asks an employee to call the tip line, and put the number up on the screen. Earlier they say they have some information and have talked to someone?
  • I was confused by this scenario they proposed. Barry tells LE he last saw Suzanne on Saturday at 5:00 AM vs. the girlfriend's text conversation with her on Saturday which abruptly ended mid-evening. Are they suggesting BM lied to LE or changed his story?
  • Finally BM's handwritten note given to store clerk is acknowledged! Further acknowledgement that he was perpetrating the abduction theory. Does anyone think his note ties back to the "evidence" discovered by LE up near the highway? Which came first, the note or the evidence find?
Handwritten note was reportedly left at store on Tuesday May 12.
LE found personal item on Thursday May 14.

A few questions I have:
the helmet ? (personal item found by LE)
JMO

I've been on steroids for about 5 years for an immune system disorder and I don't have "mania". I never heard of anyone having mania from them. All they do is take down the inflammation and increase your appetite.

We're not talking about the typical class of steroids used for immune disorders. Nor are we talking about properly prescribed "steroids." At least, I'm not.

We're talking about so-called "performance enhancing drugs" used by athletes and gym rats to bulk up their muscles. People often refer to them as "steroids" but they can include compounds that cause mania.

Most people on steroids, like yourself, take them in the dosages prescribed by their doctors and are monitored for side effects. Not everyone gets side effects, thankfully.

Some people get these drugs at the gym, without Rx, and some people use them at higher doses than any doctor would prescribe.

Understanding the risks of performance-enhancing drugs.

I seriously doubt that you are on anabolic-androgen producing steroids which is what athletes (both male and female) may take to build muscle. They have many side effects, including rage and mania.

They cause women to grow hair on their faces and chests, too. They cause a woman's voice to lower. They increase risk of heart attack and stroke. The link above lists all the other physical side effects.

My take on that discussion during PE is that the hosts were very measured in what they were saying. I think they might have been told more by the family but then told only certain bits can be discussed on the show live.

My interpretation of the 2 cars being a red flag was that it was the beginning of BM planting the bike ride story. As in, BM called the neighbor and asked her to go over and see what cars were in the driveway. When SM’s car was there, BM says to go check for her bike and boom, the bike ride deception begins. It could have also have been a way for BM to find out if his daughters were home without contacting them directly and setting off any unusual alarms as to why he would want to know that. It would be interesting to know if BM answered any of his daughters calls that day or responded to their texts. He might not have known when they would get home and was wary of speaking with them.

You might also add Saturday 5/9 - late night equipment heard at BM’s current job site.

According to PE, the girls texted Barry after no response from Suzanne, then Barry contacted the neighbor. So he would likely already know where they were at that point in the trip home.

We've discussed this previously. The girls were supposedly delayed on the trip home, so all might not have went according to plan. Theoretically
speaking, the girls were supposed to discover her missing. Plan B played out in the girls texting him and sending the neighbor over to the house. PE guys did not outright say BM suggested she was out riding her bike, but I feel BM planted that thought and watered it into existence with the neighbor. It had to match the evidence that was planted Saturday night, which leads me to theorize BM was a busy man and likely got not sleep. MOO~

I made a quick timeline overview, this is all from the media topic and LS and other news outlets. The only thing that is not in it, the changes being made on the go fund me page and when that was. If anyone has any additions or corrections let me know!

Timeline Suzanne Morphew

Thursday 7th May,
Suzanne saw Scott from the bikeshop for her bike.

Saturday 9th May,
Chatting with a good friend about a wedding and it abruptly ended mid evening. <-- This is the last time someone other then BM heard of Suzanne.

Sunday 10th May,
BM left Suzanne sleeping at 5 AM in the morning to go and prep stuff at his worksite in denver.
Her friend who chatted with her from the night before and Suzannes daughters are unable to reach her.
The daughers call or text BM and let him know they are unable to reach their mother.
BM calls the neighbor and ask to check up on Suzanne.
At 5.46 PM Neighbor calls LE when she is unable to locate suzanne after the phonecall with BM.
At aprox. 9 PM at night BM comes home from denver.
LE began searching immediately.

Monday 11th May,
LE resumed the search in the early mornings with no result.

Tuesday 12th May,
The search continued with only dogs. Sheriff Spezze said there is no need for volunteers.

Wednesday 13th May,
BM offers a reward for 100.000 dollars.
A go fund me page is being made to help raise funds for the search of Suzanne.
News paper the sun says; She is thought to have been riding in the area between West Highway 50 and County Road 225.
CCSO press release says; Over the past 4 days over 100 search personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team have scoured the area. Numerous Drones have been used for countless hours to assist in the search. 8 different tracking and scent dogs from the Department of Corrections and the Search and Rescue Dogs of Colorado were deployed to aid in the search. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have searched area watersheds and Reach Air Ambulance flew search missions as well, however Ms Morphew has yet to be located.
CCSO press release says; In conjunction with the search the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office began an investigation into the disappearance of Ms Morphew. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort.

Thursday 14th May,
Family friend adds another 100,000 dollars to the reward money that is now containing 200.000 dollars.
LE is out searching again 'with everything they need'.
The nephew of Suzanne and BM lets LS know that the bike has been found.

Friday 15th May,
A personal item is been found of Suzanne and a wide area is being searched. 'a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators '.

Saturday 16th May,
LE followed up on tips and conducted targeted searches in the area based on information provided to those working the case.
More than 100 tips are being reported.

Sunday 17th May,
BM released his plea video for Suzannes safe return.
Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8th thru May 12th.
LE searched water sites in the area.

Monday 18th May,
There were no targeted searches conducted on Monday.

Tuesday 19th May,
150 tips are reported.
Authorities have cordoned off the home of Suzanne Morphew. Her family is not being allowed to enter the house.

Wednesday 20th May,
LE search the home and collects evidence.
BM is staying at a property close to the marital home.
It becomes clear the house is being held by a sealed search warrant.
200 tips are reported.

Friday 22th May,
A residential area is being searched east of salida. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to the disappearance of Suzanne. I turns out to be a 3 day search and it was a worksite of BM.
FBI Evidence response team is onsite as well.
BM was hired to lay dirt on the riverfront land.
Around the time of this search comments are coming out that 'Barry is having a difficult time sitting still and pacing back and forth constantly looking out of the window hoping he can see her'.
The owner tells CBS4 that he knows BM for 3 weeks.
Investigators have been using Xray type devices to try and see through the concrete.

Saturday 23th May,
Site is still being searched.

Sunday 24th May,
Search is done and LE is leaving from the site.
Sheriff says 'Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne'.

Tuesday 26th May,
10.000 dollar increase in the reward money that is now containing 210.000 dollar.
The house is been returned to the family.

Monday June 1st,
BM talks to TD in a secretly filmed video.
BM filed for a Petition of guardianship for Suzanne.

Wednesday June 10th,
CBI says there is still a high level of commitment in the Suzannes Morphew case.
Investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case. Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.
Aprox. 500 tips have been called in, along with 10 large-scale searches performed throughout the county.

Monday July 6th,
No arrests made, Suzanne has not been located, The family is cooperating, this still remains a missing persons case CBI says.

Thursday July 9th,
More than 600 tips are called in.
The house of the morphews is again being searched by LE with a sealed search warrant.

Saturday 8th August,
Suzanne side of the family breaks the silent and confides in Profiling Evil and releases information and thoughts.
I think the vehicle search/seizure is important. Jmo

A few questions I have:
IIRC, BM said he saw SM asleep at 5 AM on Sunday the 10th (Mother's Day), not Saturday the 9th..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54