Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after watching the shortened version these are the points they brought up as being red flags.

- abrupt stop to communication on Saturday evening.

- The bike. Doesn't make sense.

- Statement BM makes to Tyson about the bike, "Let me tell you what happened." He speaks in plural, indicates "transferring" the conversation or he is "remembering." Says "we" "us, "they" at least 19 times in a very short period.

-BM was offered and refused the CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analysis) twice. Refused a lie detector test.

Just wondering if there was clarification... Did the PE guys have contact with SM’s friend, the friend SM was texting with? Or is this information about SM’s text messages stopping abruptly coming out through SM’s family?

Also, this friend of SM’s, does she live in Indiana?
I was wondering the same thing. If it was a bff from IN and Suzanne was planning to attend the wedding and told BM I’m going to stay in IN with my friend for awhile...maybe things had been building up and she wanted a trial separation or needed time away to think or something along those lines? All speculation!

I don’t think so, I think that’s just information.
Come to think of it, they did question why Suzanne didn’t drive off?

I am not understanding where they were coming from. Chris mentioned it a couple of times and I suppose he was thinking of if she had left her family on her own.

Either she rode her bike and something happened to her. Or she was already dead and the bike was planted by the person with the story.

Like them, I would love to think she is having a drink on an island somewhere. :(
I could be wrong, but I think when he said there’s 2 cars in the driveway, why not just drive off he meant an abductor. He had just talked about the bike ride being staged and then I think he was kind of scoffing at or ruling out the abduction theory. JMO

JMO but I want to know if there was a brush pile at the excavated jobsite.

If a neighbor was in the habit of taking photos of progress to forward to the property owner, out of state, perhaps there is dated photographic documentation of brush removed for hardscaping and the same, showing an absence of brush. JMO but it seems reasonable to me that a serious landscaper might employ a wood chipper for the dual purpose of eliminating brush and creating mulch. A wood chipper cast into water takes my mind to a horrid place.

A wood chipper, readily available. Towable. If one were in operation, say late on the Saturday night before Mother's Day, it may have been used PRIMARILY for brush removal....

We know machinery of SOME kind was used....we also know that, when the neighbor's lights when on, the machine went silent. JMO but I can imagine, if used for the unthinkable, the machine would've been fed plenty of wood as well, so stopping at that point wouldn't have been problematic for the operator. The only step remaining, drive away. With or without the wood chipper.

In his own words, he said she may have been disoriented and got herself in the river.

I hope I am completely wrong.

I wish she'd found an escape hatch to safety so we could give her back to her daughters, unharmed.

It's all so very sad. To separate her from her miracle babies, it's just unthinkable.

My heart goes out to her children, her father, siblings, friends. Thank you for sharing her with us...

May justice be swift. And total.

JMOJMOJMO

I could be wrong, but I think when he said there’s 2 cars in the driveway, why not just drive off he meant an abductor. He had just talked about the bike ride being staged and then I think he was kind of scoffing at or ruling out the abduction theory. JMO
I thought they were saying that if she had left willingly why not just take the car?

MOO, but for the friend to be concerned about the text messages abruptly stopping, she had to have had a lot more insight into BM and SM’s relationship. She was SM’s closest friend, iirc. I’d imagine she’s been able to provide LE with more than just that one series of text exchanges.

The “prep” work at the job site being 16 hours (including travel) is a lot more than prep. If that amount of prep work had to be done, the job would have never started on Monday.

DBM

Or a mistress may never have realized that BM was a monster until this incident, and is in hiding - esp if she was coerced somehow into helping after the fact. Totally IMO and speculation that a mistress even exists.

if BM did it, I tend to think it was spur of the moment. I have the impression this was a strongly patriarchal family and that BM has some grandiosity and control-freak tendencies as well. Maybe she put down her phone mid-conversation with her friend to use the restroom or something and he took the opportunity to snoop, and found something he was threatened by, and went nuts. IMO.

Abusers can often keep it together if others are around (kids, for example), but on that day there was no one around and tragedy ensued.

If he’d planned this, I imagine it would have been better executed so that LE wouldn’t have instantly zeroed in, as they seem to have done. I mean, it didn’t have to happen at the house, but apparently it did.
Or it could be an Amber Frey situation where LE knows of a mistress and she is working with them to record BM. That would be a reason that it may be kept quiet.

I think because BM, as a landscaper, had access to a lot of machinery that a regular, (MOO theory), wife killer wouldn’t. He also had one of those diggie thingies at his disposal. Besides checking motive, LE needs to investigate all possible means.
Kind of sounds like he was into excavation as well as landscaping. My cousin has an excavation business. His partner was caught up in a murder case but was found innocent. LE dug up his property and found 8 cars buried. The husband either murdered his wife or had it done. She has never been found after more than 30 years I believe. Her name is Maryanne Badaracco.
If BM had access to equipment such as this, he could have put Suzanne's body anywhere deep into the ground. MOO

I've known my BFF since we were 11 years old. Since we live on different continents now, we text a lot. A LOT. We've also been passing notes and writing letters since before the internet was a thing. We have our shorthand, our stupid in-jokes, our very distinctive patterns. I bet Suzanne and her friend did, as well. And I bet she had all kinds of red flags after the conversation came to an abrupt stop and then she couldn't get hold of her at all after that. My BFF and I may lag in conversation, but we always wrap up with love you and xoxoxo. It would be glaringly obvious, looking through our past communications, that something was off, if our conversation just stopped.

Just my opinion comparing long term friends texting.

Last edited:
I watched PE last night and I have a question because we have all questioned the bike ride story.

BM contacted the neighbor to check on Suzanne. If she saw both cars at home, he must have given her the garage door code. She likely entered the home while talking with BM and calling out for Suzanne. He may have even asked her to look through the house. We do not know since she isn’t speaking out at this time.

If she knew Suzanne rode her bike occasionally or often, is it possible she is the one who inserted the bike story, by telling BM the bike was missing?

The PE guys are assuming BM inserted the bike story which, if he did, would have caused a red flag. But what if he didn’t? What if it was his neighbor?

My biggest take away from last night was the fact that Suzanne’s friend was texting with her and it went dark. That by itself would not alert me because Suzanne's family stated to the PE guys that they knew the cell phone and internet service was horrible where the Morphews live.

What did cause a huge red flag was the comment that the friend of Suzanne’s tried to no avail to keep reaching her, even later, and no one responded.

Now honestly, it could be BM was too devastated to contact her friends because Suzanne was gone. But I don’t buy that. There are rumors her cellphone was not missing. If that’s the case then a frightened husband would check out and call everyone in her contact list. I would think!

But is her cell phone missing? I wish LE would update the public on those little tidbits.

Another red flag is that BM isn’t contacting family members. Again, I guess his lawyer could be telling him to talk to no one. But seriously?

It really looks bad for BM.

“Oh, Suzanne!”

Exactly.
Very good points! And even if Suzanne’s cellphone was missing, her friend could show LE the text conversation from her phone. There might have been something in those text exchanges indicating BM was angry or they were having problems or even discussing SM wanting to stay with her friend for awhile after the wedding to consider if she wanted to get a divorce.

And if Suzanne was murdered in her house on Saturday evening that does not give much time for cleanup. What if neighbor entered the home and there was still a strong smell of bleach or cleaning products?

It could be the bff or neighbor or the combination of things that alerted LE. And if the bike was also broken and needed a repair to be rideable...well that would be a trifecta of red flags galore! I’m leaning more towards a rage killing that was not planned in advance. Just a coincidence the daughters were camping and going to Denver on Sunday was a last minute desperate concocted Hail Mary alibi. All speculation and MOO.

Edit: and add the neighbor who heard loud machinery at the dig site too! Wow no wonder LE went back to the HOME. :(

For those in the premeditated camp - here’s a thought -what if it wasn’t planned but the girls kept him in check and since they were gone he let loose and it was rage but it’s because they weren’t there ?
JMO

Ok, after watching the shortened version these are the points they brought up as being red flags.

- abrupt stop to communication on Saturday evening.

- The bike. Doesn't make sense.

- Statement BM makes to Tyson about the bike, "Let me tell you what happened." He speaks in plural, indicates "transferring" the conversation or he is "remembering." Says "we" "us, "they" at least 19 times in a very short period.

-BM was offered and refused the CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analysis) twice. Refused a lie detector test.
Yeah. “I” means nothing, but “we” means that there’s a lot of us on the same team.

“We’re all in this together,” or something.

No Barry, it’s you against the world.

You, a couple friends who don’t understand real life, against a team of people dedicated to bringing justice to your murdered wife.

I still am somewhat inclined to think that the murder may have been planned. He caught her off guard while she was preoccupied with texting. I envision something similar to Janet Abaroa's murder where she was at the computer when attacked (by her husband).

Maybe, SM told BM that she was not happy in CO and was moving back home to IN with or without him. He didn't want to go and needed her finances to stay afloat. He was losing control and wasn't happy about that. BM seems like the type of person who was used to being the one in control.

Just a thought.
his control is apparent since he is the one telling people not to talk and not LE.

Can you imagine what her family was thinking when they hear:

1. BM state in an interview that he let SM know he's leaving Saturday night to start a job early. This is what BM said he did---during that TD interview.

2. Then he tells her family he was the last one to see her alive and says goodbye at 5am on Sunday. Also he says he never woke her. (now that in itself is an oxymoron).

No wonder they had suspicions early on.

Reminds me of another certain case where the husband last saw his wife at 5:00 am in bed.

I've known my BFF since we were 11 years old. Since we live on different continents now, we text a lot. A LOT. We've also been passing notes and writing letters since before the internet was a thing. We have our shorthand, our stupid in-jokes, our very distinctive patterns. I bet Suzanne and her friend did, as well. And I bet she had all kinds of red flags after the conversation came to an abrupt stop and then she couldn't get hold of her at all after that. My BFF and I may lag in conversation, but we always wrap up with love you and xoxoxo. It would glaringly obvious, looking through our past communications, that something was off, if our conversation just stopped.

Just my opinion comparing long term friends texting.
Yes, and if Suzanne had not texted her back that night I would think she would have texted and explained in the morning. The girls texted her in the morning also and got no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar