Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

August 10, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — It has now been three months since a Chaffee County mother disappeared. For the first time, a family member of the woman is speaking out to FOX21 News.

Suzanne Morphew, 49, was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10th, on Mother’s Day in the town of Maysville, Colorado.

One of Suzanne’s family members says that they are worried Barry, Suzanne’s husband hasn’t told investigators everything he knows. Barry told the family he was working in Denver when Suzanne was reported missing and their girls were on a camping trip out of state.

Her family also wants everyone to shine a bright light to remind the public that she is still missing and just how much she’s loved. FOX21 received photos of people shining lights all across the country and world.

[..]

One of Suzanne’s family members is breaking their silence with the promise of anonymity. They’re worried Barry is tampering with the investigation.

This family member says Barry refused two polygraph tests, a critical analysis test and the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators.

The Chaffee County Sheriff wouldn’t offer any insight on the family member’s information.

[..]

Michelle Davis is a childhood friend of Suzanne’s. She also attended church together and the bond they formed there grew. They both dealt with cancer, each staying strong for the other.

“Getting to go through this journey of cancer to see where God had led us and it was encouraging words for her that day to get to go through this together,” Davis added.

Suzanne’s family says she beat Non-Hodgkins lymphoma as a young girl in her late teens. At the time, the family says doctors told Suzanne the harsh treatments meant children weren’t likely in her future.

“She lost her hair back then because I remember her getting a wig,” Davis recalled. “She didn’t expect to lose her hair this time but it just thinned a little bit. I did lose my hair. It wasn’t losing the hair that was the hard part it was others treating you differently. She was praying that she wouldn’t lose her hair this time so that Barry and the girls wouldn’t see her like that.”

[..]

Investigators were handing out flyers on Monday and asking anyone with information to call the tipline at (719) 312-7530. So far 700 tips have been collected. Investigators went to Indiana a few weeks ago which is where Suzanne and Barry grew up to question friends and family.

FOX21 has reached out to Barry many times for an interview or a statement but haven’t heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for a safe return – no questions asked.

ETA: ***

Last edited:
bbm
What a treasure trove that interview was.
Just saying.

It sounds as if he talked to her that morning.
Falling all over himself 'explaining'.
Imo.
Yeah, he didn't exactly say, "so I said to her that morning," but he may have been intentionally vague because he never had the conversation with her at all.

"the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators"
I'm going to assume that LE has divulged this info to the family. Major RED FLAG.
I really, really hope this will come to an arrest soon.

Welcome!

I'm hoping Lauren expounds on the family member's view that BM is "tampering with the investigation". What does that mean exactly?
Telling people to not speak to LE refusing to take a polygraph or voice stress test, and JMO lying to LE himself about bikes, abductors, and mountain lions. I can't even imagine in the early days what he was saying to LE he seemed to have no problem trying to get his narrative out when talking to TD, now he is so clammed up he is not even talking to himself let alone LE or Suzanne's family.

"the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators"
I'm going to assume that LE has divulged this info to the family. Major RED FLAG.
I really, really hope this will come to an arrest soon.
During the PE YouTube on Sat evening the guys had said that earlier that day SM"s family had received info from LE.

I knew that truck was important in the timeline.....like a little birdie was in my ear. I hope that like another case it shows where and how long he stopped for. And I hope unlike another case SM is found at one of those stops. moo

Telling people to not speak to LE refusing to take a polygraph or voice stress test, and JMO lying to LE himself about bikes, abductors, and mountain lions. I can't even imagine in the early days what he was saying to LE he seemed to have no problem trying to get his narrative out when talking to TD, now he is so clammed up he is not even talking to himself let alone LE or Suzanne's family.
Thankfully his arrest isn't going to depend on his cooperation or willingness to communicate.

Sheriff Spezze really called it early on when he said he hoped BM would continue to cooperate with the investigation. Red flags were popping up on day 1.

I also had the impression he was saying he had the conversation with her on Sunday before he left. The entire conversation is about the events on Mother's Day.

He says, well it was Mother's Day and we had the two daughters coming home from a trip and I had that job in Denver. I wanted to get started on Sunday so I told my wife, Listen, the girls are gonna be home later and want to spend Mothers Day with you so do you mind if I go, and the girls were running late, so they texted her on Mothers Day.... etc.

He only refers to Sunday, so that's why I thought he told her in the morning as opposed to another day.

Except he's telling TD this story 3 weeks after the fact. He already knows the girls did not come home for Mother's Day. He's not giving an accurate account of "Sunday." IMO, BM is just throwing out little crumbs.

I wonder if BM is pacing and looking out windows, again.
eta: I really hope and pray that Suzanne's daughters are okay. <3
Do you think Barry could be made uncomfortable enough to confess? MOO he doesn’t seem like he would hold himself accountable for his actions or admit that he was wrong.

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Aug 10, 2020

Investigators were handing out flyers on Monday and asking anyone with information to call the tipline at (719) 312-7530. So far 700 tips have been collected.

Investigators went to Indiana a few weeks ago which is where Suzanne and Barry grew up to question friends and family. bbm

FOX21 has reached out to Barry many times for an interview or a statement but haven’t heard back.

The Morphew family is offering a reward of $210,000 for information for a safe return – no questions asked.

ETA: I believe SM's family was finally able to have a sit down with authorities and get some insight as to the investigation about their missing daughter, sister, friend, etc. Authorities came to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member