Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stellar sleuthing, @Janeumayer!

MOO, but I would have expected a big work truck like that, capable of towing heavy equipment, to be in the company’s name or in BM’s name. That it appears in SM’s name may infer that BM and/or his company could be struggling financially. It’s seems odd and could speak to motive...
Thanks 24Brix!

Agreed, finding all cars registered under her name made my stomach sink. Seems to me Suzanne was financially in charge of everything.

I have attached an article from May. It quotes relatives from Suzanne’s side of the family.
1.The family cast doubt that the bike ride ever happened. , ie they don’t believe BM story.
2.They say BM was somewhat controlling.
3. Most importantly they don’t exonerate BM completely.
“Barry always seemed to be a good guy and a supportive husband,” the relative said. “I’d be surprised if anything happened. But sometimes we don’t know people as well as we think we do.”
‘I strongly suspect‘ that this relative is the ‘anonymous family member‘, and that SM family had suspicions from the start about BM which have increased over time.IMO

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Last edited:
It's Woo Woo Saturday night on Websleuths YouTube Live. Join us at 10 PM Eastern and tell us your best ghost, paranormal, hippie we are all one consciousness type stories. We want old wive's tales and stupid criminal stories. We will discuss Suzanne's case and a few others too.

CLICK HERE AT 10 PM EASTERN TONIGHT. WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE LIVE

I think legally you are supposed to within a certain grace period. But BM’s truck still had IN plate. Maybe because he still owned property in IN it was ok to keep IN plates?
The basis for what state your license plates come from is: where do you live? the Ms lived in CO, so their plates should all have been CO. Some states are maniacal about you changing your plates immediately (I'm looking at you, Virginia) and others seem to be slack about it.

Imagine this (speculation, of course): You are planning your son's wedding and have spent a better part of your day communicating with your best friend that reportedly long ago planned on attending the wedding.

You are looking at various wedding websites. You are looking at fabric for the wedding party when there's a pause to take a vote. Minutes later you return to the conversation and ask SM how much fabric to order and there is no response. SM just goes dark, never to be heard from again. You keep trying to reach her and nothing. An abrupt ending. It would certainly define my panic mode. MOO
Just a little while ago I finished my daughter's wedding, in all honesty what you are describing happened at least a half a dozen times prepping for this wedding.

There was no moment in any of one of those incidences where I felt panic. Irritation maybe. Or annoyed...

MOO: As for the best friend---for her panic to be instilled, I could imagine that something was a precursor to the panic.

@ 31.00- Chris says, "that conversation Saturday night, it began Saturday afternoon .... if my wife's best friend, was in communication with my wife and all the sudden everything just stopped, I mean if that's not a red flag, I don't know what is".

Host jumps in and gives her perspective on how/why the texting stopped.

Chris interrupts her dialog and says "that's not what happened". He says it again in plural, "that's not what happened, that's not what happened".

Host blows over what Chris said and continues to talk about her own perspective on the texting abruptly ending.

Chris next says, "the girlfriend went into panic mode, let's just put it there", as he smiles knowingly and nods.

Mike jumps in next and starts talking about behavioral patterns, as in how does Suzanne normally communicate. He ends with "what some evidence is pointing to, is it wasn't normal behavior, so it becomes more important".
Knox, this awesome! I just finished reading that segment.

I put an * by his reply.

YES 3 times he states "THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED"

MOO: As for the best friend---for her panic to be instilled, I could imagine that something was a precursor to the panic.

RSBM
Whether a line in a movie, crime show or a real life story, we’ve all heard it at least once , ‘if anything ever happens to me”……

I wouldn't be surprised if it applied..., just saying IMO

So a conversation/texting session with a close friend abruptly ended at a critical time. No doubt the other party considered cutoff could be a storm or a logical reason (low or no/ battery) that must have crossed their mind.

Panic mode takes a bit of time to set in for most I believe, your mind starts playing with ideas, what could have happened besides the logical? Wjer is Suzanne (?) and the panic builds. BUT then n the rest of the night went by…and slowly the next morning went by, still no contact with Suzanne, by the next afternoon (if not sooner) my guess is the friend finally tried both Barry and the daughters. The daughters may have said we haven’t been able to reach mom all day either , or since last night. Barry probably ignored the call… (no signal, don’t cha know.) That could certainly have been the catalyst for a wellness check. IMO. The neighbor's call to police could have been the second call of the day….

Shanann Watts friend sure didn’t take an ounce of grief from Chris Watts when she couldn’t reach her friend, nor would I, if entrusted with some serious information to protect a friend.

Last edited:
RSBM
Whether a line in a movie, crime show or a or real life story, we’ve all heard it at least once , ‘if anything ever happens to me”……

I wouldn't be surprised if it applied..., just saying IMO

So a conversation/texting session with a close friend abruptly ended at a critical time. No doubt the other party considered cutoff could be a storm or a logical reason (low or no/ battery) must have crossed their mind. Panic mode takes a bit to set in for most I believe, your mind starts playing with ideas. BUT when the rest of the night went by…and the next morning still no contact with Suzanne, by the next afternoon my guess is the friend finally tried both Barry and the daughters. The daughters may have said we haven’t been able to reach mom all day (or since last night) either. Barry probably ignored the call… (no signal, don’t cha know.) That could certainly have been the catalyst for a wellness check. IMO. The neighbor could have been the second call of the day….

Shanann Watts friend sure didn’t take an ounce of grief from Chris Watts when she couldn’t reach her friend, nor would I if entrusted with some serious information to protect a friend.
And we can’t forget that early the next morning Indiana church folks had already been alerted by email of Suzanne’s mysterious mountain lion disappearance.

Thanks 24Brix!

Agreed, finding all cars registered under her name made my stomach sink. Seems to me Suzanne was financially in charge of everything.

Yes, great find! This certainly adds corroboration to what the Profiling Evil host stated during his It's A Crime interview.

Last edited:
I googled how to find vehicles owned by a person and found a nifty trick. They say it’s not perfect as it may miss a car.

Go to Progressive’s website: Quote Auto Insurance, Home-Auto Bundles, & More
Click “Auto”
Enter ‘Zip Code’. (I entered ‘81201’)
Click ‘Get a Quote’
Enter ‘Suzanne, Morphew, 4301971, 19057 Puma Path’
Click ‘OK, get my quote’

It listed two cars:
2015 Land Rover Range Rover
2013 Ford F-350
Awesome!!!
I noticed from the TD video that Barry constantly gestured with his arms, really throughout the entire video. I’m not convinced that all body language studies are accurate, but apparently having a lot of hand movement while talking is linked to deception.
IMO
Then I'm doomed. My husband says if I didn't have hands I couldn't speak. Lol!!
Giggling aside--there is something uncanny about the extensive gesturing.

What if Barry wasn’t supposed to be in the house that Saturday night? That makes more sense why Suzanne’s girlfriend was in panic mode. We don’t know for a fact Barry was supposed to go to ‘Denver’ on Sunday morning. Did he snuck into the house like a burglar in the night in order to terrorize and murder his wife? After all these years following hundreds of cases, I wouldn’t put it past a desperate murderous husband to do this.
Along these lines, maybe Barry was out at the gym or somewhere and wasn’t expected home for several hours. And then maybe Suzanne texts something like, “hold on, I just heard a car pull up, or a door open, or voices downstairs”. JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member