Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear what peoples top "puzzlers" are in this case. I have 3 primary ones:

• The initial and immediate response of LE. A very strong and fast reaction. This really stands out to me, and why?
  • The complete silence from all involved. That is starting to change a bit, but what's the underlying reason?
  • Since I'm in the premeditated camp - motive?
All MOO.
Great question:
I think LE had some evidence of foul play early on. If Suzanne's phone was recovered, it could have been the conversation (how it ended and the content) she was having with her friend that ended so abruptly.

I believe the family decided as a unit not to talk to media, give statements. We know they've recently commented to LE, but who knows what they may have said privately before.

Motive is usually the standard money, sex, revenge.

MOO

Thank you for watching and posting this. I saw that they would be on but didn’t listen.

-I think the friends panic greatly increases the chances that she contacted LE well before SM was “missing”. Which explains why LE never considered the bike ride theory.

-2 Range Rovers is interesting. If they belonged to the M’s, those two cars plus BM’s truck is an awful lot of money invested in cars for a guy with a landscaping business. It could speak to family wealth or illegal activity. If they don’t belong to the M’s then wow, what the....?

Texting the older daughter then husband would seem to me to be first step after abrupt text conversation ending. Maybe she waited?
Still she must have contacted police when she heard SM was missing the next day though, or Monday.
MOO landscaping at BMs level can make a lot of money. It's new construction contacting.

Texting the older daughter then husband would seem to me to be first step after abrupt text conversation ending. Maybe she waited?
Still she must have contacted police when she heard SM was missing the next day though, or Monday.
MOO landscaping at BMs level can make a lot of money. It's new construction contacting.
An interesting question with this would be, was the abrupt text ending reported to the police before she was reported missing? That might explain the strong initial LE response. MOO.

With regards to a financial motive, there's a lack of information that causes me to go in circles. Missing for me is, the source of money in the family, and the need to know more about BM.

At a superficial go at it, it's tempting to say "he was about to lose his money tree, and wasn't going to stand for it". Certainly possible.

Thing is, we don't know the source of their money. It could be that BM was, and this is where a person would need to know more about BM. Some people just know how to make money. If they lose everything, they know how to make it again. Many here have pointed out arrogance in BM. How arrogant? If it's to the point that he's not worried about making money regardless of the current situation, financial motive becomes less. If he was about to lose half or more of what he had, that sure would be a pain, but how much of a pain? Could have been a nothing burger to him.

This leads me think that it at least possible that money was not that much of a motive. MOO.

With regards to a financial motive, there's a lack of information that causes me to go in circles. Missing for me is, the source of money in the family, and the need to know more about BM.

At a superficial go at it, it's tempting to say "he was about to lose his money tree, and wasn't going to stand for it". Certainly possible.

Thing is, we don't know the source of their money. It could be that BM was, and this is where a person would need to know more about BM. Some people just know how to make money. If they lose everything, they know how to make it again. Many here have pointed out arrogance in BM. How arrogant? If it's to the point that he's not worried about making money regardless of the current situation, financial motive becomes less. If he was about to lose half or more of what he had, that sure would be a pain, but how much of a pain? Could have been a nothing burger to him.

This leads me think that it at least possible that money was not that much of a motive. MOO.

Good point and unfortunately we don’t have many details. But we do have a 7 figure CO home, signs that point to nice cars and truck, and quick moves on BM’s part to have control in selling off assets (real estate). Without any new info, money seems the most likely.

I wonder if she tried texting BM first, and when she didn’t get a response she then texted the daughter? She likely would have known that Barry was home.

Speaking for myself, the 26 second video is interesting. There is definite lack of effort towards finding SM, however I got the sense there was an effort to alter his facial appearance. It sure looked like a contrived face to me, and not necessarily contrived to express concern. The face portrayed does not look like the usual "him", and I'm not sure that was't intentional. IMO, this guy doesn't want his face out there, and is doing everything possible to minimize face time. Interestingly, this seems to extend before this current case. Very much MOO.

<modsnip: off limits>

At this point I just want to know if the Morphews own two Range Rovers. Or one, and then who owns the other one? It was rumored that Suzanne had an SUV, but not specifically a Range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me, I have had a lot of coffee this morning, and I'm chattering like a squirrel. Most thinking around this, is that he wanted to do this. What motives are opened up if in instead of wanting to do it, it was a need to do it? One thing that comes to mind is silence. Did SM stumble on some criminal money making or ?. MOO.

Just came here to say the same . Per Chris on “it’s a crime” the 2 range rovers were in the driveway! That’s huge!

I'm lost.
Why is it huge?
Who owns those two cars?
Have we even seen anything in MSM about the cars and/or who belongs to which car?
I've been following since day 1 and haven't seen anything of importance about those cars in the driveway.
Someone help me out here?

Speaking for myself, the 26 second video is interesting. There is definite lack of effort towards finding SM, however I got the sense there was an effort to alter his facial appearance. It sure looked like a contrived face to me, and not necessarily contrived to express concern. The face portrayed does not look like the usual "him", and I'm not sure that was't intentional. IMO, this guy doesn't want his face out there, and is doing everything possible to minimize face time. Interestingly, this seems to extend before this current case. Very much MOO.

Good point, Barry. He really did look like a different person from other pics. Hadn't thought about possibility that he wanted to alter his appearance to avoid recognition. Moo

I’m thinking at this age 50+ that her family would have naturally stepped back and allowed BM to handle things - they more or less said they expected it - and in the beginning it seemed like the RIGHT thing to do... after all, he’s her husband and as far as they know... everything is fine because SM hasn’t burdened them with any of her problems (IF she thought they had any). I know a lot of people who simply pretend all the time on Social Media and in public that they have a perfect marriage. But I don’t think they did anything at first because they trusted BM to handle it... but he hasn’t. The longer she has been missing, the more they have heard and found out thing that they did not know... they have watched him - do nothing. They have watched him - sell her home in Indiana after being named guardian... they have watched him buy another property.
In their SHOCK and GRIEF, they watched and they waited ... but now they are beginning to think differently. They know they have to say something - do something IF their sister, relative and friend is to receive justice.
I think they are beginning to act ... give them time, I believe they truly love their sister.
So much ^^this^^!! You’ve nailed it! No doubt more to come on the heels of recent revelations.

I'm lost.
Why is it huge?
Who owns those two cars?
Have we even seen anything in MSM about the cars and/or who belongs to which car?
I've been following since day 1 and haven't seen anything of importance about those cars in the driveway.

Same here. And I think PE knows who they belong to and can't say. I expect that they learned the information from Suzanne's relative that reached out to them. Dang! Moo

I wonder if she tried texting BM first, and when she didn’t get a response she then texted the daughter? She likely would have known that Barry was home.

I wonder, how many folks have the phone number of their friend's spouse or their friend's kids?
Maybe I'm outing myself as a weirdo but I don't have the cell phone number of anyone's husband or kids.
I'm thinking the friend did not contact BM, but once she heard SM was missing, she did contact LE and that was the catalyst for the investigation to go the way it did.

IF it was BM that disappeared SM, would he feel confident enough to stage the bike & head out to "Denver", knowing SM's best friend was in "panic mode", frantically trying to reach her because the conversation ended so strangely the night before?

I don't think he would, but that's just MOO.

I'm lost.
Why is it huge?
Who owns those two cars?

I think that the cars were Range Rovers helps some narrow it down. That detail was just revealed last night. Mike and Chris did an interview on the "it's a crime" show with "Linda" the host and talked about the case. I had never heard of the show but it's well respected. The same show where they said her texting friend went into "panic mode' a much stronger description than what we originally heard.
"Panic Mode" makes one think her friend may have taken immediate action.

Last edited:
Same here. And I think PE knows who they belong to and can't say. I expect that they learned the information from Suzanne's relative that reached out to them. Dang! Moo
So on that Sunday when the neighbor went to check if SM was home...
The girls were on the way back from camping & BM was in "Denver", in the truck that a family member said the data didn't match what he told investigators.
Since SM was allegedly home all weekend, we can assume one of the RRs was hers, and the other was... ________________?
o_O

So on that Sunday when the neighbor went to check if SM was home...
The girls were on the way back from camping & BM was in "Denver", in the truck that a family member said the data didn't match what he told investigators.
Since SM was allegedly home all weekend, we can assume one of the RRs was hers, and the other was... ________________?
o_O

Would the other be one the girls shared?

I think that the cars were Range Rovers helps some narrow it down. That detail was just revealed last night. Mike and Chris did an interview on the "it's a crime" show with "Linda" the host and talked about the case. I had never heard of the show but it's well respected.

Yes but why does it narrow it down?
I listened to Linda's show and at 36:10 Chris McDonough specifically says "they were the two range rovers".
THE two.
As if everyone was supposed to know what that means.

I'm also just assuming it's okay to discuss this since Mike and Chris from PE are approved sources here.
I'll link but also report, just to be sure.

It also opens up the possibility that somebody may have been freely driving someone else's Range Rover between 5pm and 5am, and perhaps even later. Potentially a clever way to dodge cameras, driving in plain sight.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member