Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means, BM is using SM's faith in God against her.
To pretend that her going missing might have been a catalyst for someone else finding faith in God, was worth her going missing, is literally excusing away any culpability for whoever was responsible for her disappearance.
It's blame shifting.
And repulsive, 100%.

jmo
BBM ITA Ontario Mom. It truly is repulsive. What I find incredibly sad is that I believe Suzanne was head over heels in love with this man. She may have been planning to leave him (motive speculation) and if so, it was probably the hardest thing she had to do. Whereas, he doesn’t seem to give a flying flip about her. Her disappearance is just “this thing” that he has to deal with. :mad: MOO

Is it possible that Barry hasn’t hired a criminal attorney and that he believes he can manage this on his own? An attorney would NEVER advise him to make this type of interview. Or Barry’s so smart that he thinks he can just wing this stuff without counsel.
I would be so hardpressed to believe he hasnt hired an attorney for this yet. He has attorneys in IN handling the guardianship, so I would have to bet he has one for this case. I dont believe any defense attorney would agree to what he provided in this interview, but it totally fits BM's personality as we have seen it. Barry is in control. And its all about Barry.

I have always thought that was the case....Barry called a neighbor but also called his buddy and set a search in motion, one he directed. Who knows, that may have been the second tip to LE that day that something wasn't kosher, hence the apparent quick crackdown....

What choice did LE have, it was already underway...it was Barry leading them to the planted evidence...listen to the TD video...Barry not only says "we" had our vehicles over here and makes a sweeping gesture to the opposite side of the road "but they"...the Sherriff parked here and let others" as he pointed to the side of the road he was standing on during the interview.
To be clear, Barry was not there when the bike was discovered. Also in the TD video, he states he arrived back in town after 9 PM. That was second-hand information he received and who knows if it was the truth, or if he embellished the details that were shared?

We've long noted the "us" vs. "them" language he routinely uses. I agree that if he called his buddy to search and he was there in advance of LE, further the buddy was saying Suzanne had been on a bike ride and was searching for a bike. That could have looked a bit suspicious, given the bike looked like it was staged.

He lives four minutes from the Morphew home and Barry called him on the drive back from Denver :)

But would LE allow a civilian to be in the middle of a search? According to Barry he's an expert, but still ...
Lets clarify the 400 deployment mistake.
He probably meant to say "operations" which would be typical for a Ranger with 14 deployments. Ranger deployments are shorter and constantly churning with operations. BM is mashing up some military lingo, but it makes sense.

Last edited:
Pretty sure LE can exclude their own fingerprints from the bike, IF that’s even the case. It’s the only thing he has to latch on to. To my way of thinking, Barry planted the bike there in the first place; so how much of a negative impact does it really have on the investigation?
IMO he's hyper-focused on the bike for just that reason.

He placed it there, by slamming LE for the way it was treated as evidence, he is creating a distancing scenario from himself. If Suzanne was not on a bike ride, where and how did she disappear? He's doing all he can to direct attention away from that home.

Lets clarify the 400 deployment mistake.
je probably meant to say "operations" which would be typical for a Ranger with 14 deployments. Ranger deployments are shorter and constantly churning with operations. BM is mashing up some military lingo, but it makes sense.
Pretty sure he said "400 tours", but he could have been confused as you point out.

Boxer do you know if the commotion at the job site was Sunday night or Saturday?

True or False?

“My buddy was there right after that, and he said that they completely destroyed the evidence, and he tried to stop them, but they wouldn’t listen to him and said, ‘this is not CSI,'” Barry said.
How does one know when a liar is telling the truth? I’d like to hear it straight from the horse’s mouth, oh I mean buddy’s mouth. MOO

"The worst thing that ever happened to him?"

Also, he is apparently speaking for her and through her, that she would think it worth being killed to save one soul.

How is killing her going to save her assailant?

MOO this only makes sense if BM knows the assailant asked for forgiveness. And how would he know that?
Also he used the past tense. Like Fotis Dulos did on dateline.

I guess I’ve never heard anyone say “I did a mechanical thing to something”. Why the lack of specificity? Very odd, MOO.
What time he did something to one of his machines?
Pretty sure he said "400 tours", but he could have been confused as you point out.

Boxer do you know if the commotion at the job site was Sunday night or Saturday?

Saturday night.
Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online

I was just talking to a friend of mine, picking his brain to get his thoughts about this interview, and he made the following observation:

"It’s a (expletive deleted) good thing there’s not a missing woman or anything, and this really is all about Barry. He’s the priority here, and it’s very clear that he realizes that.
Good for him."

I suppose that's what I get for asking a dude's opinion.

JMO.
That’s a really smart dude friend you have GK :)

"The worst thing that ever happened to him?"

Also, he is apparently speaking for her and through her, that she would think it worth being killed to save one soul.

How is killing her going to save her assailant?

MOO this only makes sense if BM knows the assailant asked for forgiveness. And how would he know that?

What we didn't hear-
  • I can't sleep in our bed at night, my wife isn't next to me.
  • I can't stop thinking about where she might be and who has her.
  • I'm so worried about my daughters and their safety, I refuse to let them out of my sight.
  • I spent our 26th wedding anniversary without my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela