Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first things I do at the beginning of a case is to look up the demographics of the area and search the obits.
I'm speculating the population of Salida about 5500, there are about 5.5 times more whites than nonwhites, and median income about $47k.
I don't think the mob industry (NYPD & Chicago PD shows which I love) at play in Chaffee County.
MOO
@Seattle1 Is there a particular source you tend to check for this info?

I often check citydata.com for a city. Info in wiki is helpful sometimes too.
A pie chart at http://www.city-data.com/races/races-Salida-Colorado.html shows race distribution.
Also shows "Income and house value in Salida." And ancestries. And way more than I gen'ly want to know.
I believe data are available on census designated 'blocks' for drilling down further if needed.

Similar info for county at http://www.city-data.com/county/Chaffee_County-CO.html

I had not thought about checking obits. Any particular free source for this? Looking for anything specific?

@Seattle1 :):):) You always have good info on so many subjects.
thx in adv.

More BIG news from tonight!

The PE guys have interviewed SM's Dad and brother.

And unlike BM, they allowed themselves to be recorded.
Heartbroken for Gene Moorman, that he would have to endure this at his age and battling cancer himself :(

Andy, Suzanne's brother speaks as if he thinks she is deceased. Though not said, it's clear he thinks BM is responsible, MOO.

But the article goes on to say:

The following day Branson went over to the construction site and asked workers whether they had left keys in their equipment. They told her that, whilst they often left keys on-site, they hid them in safe places.

That same day, Suzanne was reported as missing after her two adult daughters, Mallory and Macy, failed to get in touch with her.

So either it was Sunday night that she heard the noise and she approached the workers on Monday, or it was Saturday night and there were workers at the site on Mother's Day.
True.
The article is muddled.
She says both things.
Just MOO, something corroborated Saturday for the FBI to search like thay.

I was just talking to a friend of mine, picking his brain to get his thoughts about this interview, and he made the following observation:

"It’s a (expletive deleted) good thing there’s not a missing woman or anything, and this really is all about Barry. He’s the priority here, and it’s very clear that he realizes that.
Good for him."

I suppose that's what I get for asking a dude's opinion.

JMO.
;)

Last edited:
But the article goes on to say:

The following day Branson went over to the construction site and asked workers whether they had left keys in their equipment. They told her that, whilst they often left keys on-site, they hid them in safe places.

That same day, Suzanne was reported as missing after her two adult daughters, Mallory and Macy, failed to get in touch with her.

So either it was Sunday night that she heard the noise and she approached the workers on Monday, or it was Saturday night and there were workers at the site on Mother's Day.
But LS with Fox21 is the one who went to Salida and interviewed the lady (MB) and she doesn’t quote her as saying it was the next day. IMO the DM did a little embellishing.

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

Branson said she did ask the construction workers if they left keys in the equipment. She said the workers told her they did leave keys behind, but kept them hidden.

SM's Father, on Aug. 20, P/Evil channel.
Heartbroken for Gene Moorman, that he would have to endure this at his age and battling cancer himself :(
Andy, Suzanne's brother speaks as if he thinks she is deceased. Though not said, it's clear he thinks BM is responsible, MOO.
@Knox . Thx for link.
From SM's Father, w bbm:
00:56
suzanne moved out to colorado and
01:00
had probably lived there about a year
01:02
two years
01:04
and um
01:08
we we we more or less
01:11

lost a lot of contact with her
01:15
when she moved out there '

Last edited:
Annoying that here we cant access Fox news so I havent seen a transcript but thanks for the updates, plenty to piece it together.

The "just a tragedy" is jumping out. As our friend @GordianKnot says, "look over there...". Nothing to do with me, "just" something that happened along.

Frankly I'm not understanding the religious reference. Who will be saved? The perp? Genuinely over my head that one.

Blaming LE? Not the smartest move, whichever way you look at it. He's also made public that evidence was not secured, how would that help the case if there was an unknown perp out there? Helps his case, not Suzanne's.

Ohh the bobcat. How many hours of thread time will we have over this one? That was a gift to us I think. Vague enough to tell us nothing and everything, all at once.

JMO

Annoying that here we cant access Fox news so I havent seen a transcript but thanks for the updates, plenty to piece it together.

The "just a tragedy" is jumping out. As our friend @GordianKnot says, "look over there...". Nothing to do with me, "just" something that happened along.

Frankly I'm not understanding the religious reference. Who will be saved? The perp? Genuinely over my head that one.

Blaming LE? Not the smartest move, whichever way you look at it. He's also made public that evidence was not secured, how would that help the case if there was an unknown perp out there? Helps his case, not Suzanne's.

Ohh the bobcat. How many hours of thread time will we have over this one? That was a gift to us I think. Vague enough to tell us nothing and everything, all at once.

JMO
In case you haven’t seen the newscast.

JMO
Yeh it's annoying UK cant see Fox but huge thanks to all for dissecting it for us .

(LOVE your name HKF , he was my childhood fav . Singing the intro song just now !)

SM's Father, on Aug. 20, P/Evil channel.
@Knox. Thx for link.
From SM's Father, w bbm:
00:56
suzanne moved out to colorado and
01:00
had probably lived there about a year
01:02
two years
01:04
and um
01:08
we we we more or less
01:11

lost a lot of contact with her
01:15
when she moved out there '
Thanks for posting this.

The determination in Andy's face is going to stay with me a long time.

Interesting Suzanne's family are fully supportive of all LE agencies involved.

JMO
And don't forget the MEDIA thread as I'm always thinking of my follow ex-pats when adding media content to the thread including BM's phone convo with LS tonight!

Oh man. BAD interview for BM. Very BAD.

Things I got from it:

- LE is being mean to Barry. This is all their fault!

- People don’t like Barry so Barry won’t talk.

- LE thinks Barry lied about what time Barry did a
“mechanical thing” to the Bobcat, but silly thing is he was
just confused

- This is the worst thing that’s ever happened to Barry

- Oh, and Suzanne is fine with being murdered because
God and stuff

Very bad interview for him. :confused:

BBM above.
What about the girls?
How are they?
Is this the worst thing that has happened to them?

I forget.o_O
It's all about ME.
MOO.

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

What is 'three-30 hours' of testimony? Is he saying 90 hours of LE interviews/interrogations? Difficult to imagine. imo

I wonder if he said 3, then corrected himself to say 30? (Thirty sounds a bit like embellishment.) Also interesting is his word choice - "testimony" - as he wasn't under oath.

Earth to BM:
If you want to make a better impression when speaking with a reporter about your wife who vanished into thin air, don't blame the CBI, FBI, and Chaffee county sheriff's office for screwing up the investigation. You are making yourself appear very self centered and guilty. Good job though if that was your intention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela