Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me...". Not even sure what that means really. All the agencies are involved with a cover-up of this? Cover what up, and why try to "blame" it on someone? To be sure, this case is a tragedy, but it doesn't scale up to anything beyond that. SM is missing, and LE is trying find out where she is. Implying there's a bigger truth is pretty weak without providing any idea of what it is. MOO.
the 1/100 of 1% ...brings me back to the fire chief 's way to early comment" she was too nice that was her downfall" or words to that effect....gotta keep the door open I guess.

Last edited:
Another possible reason he doesn’t want to reveal his face, it might curb his current or future dating possibilities. Not many women will want to date a man who is suspected of disappearing his wife. Perhaps Barry’s bachelorhood hasn’t turned out to be as gleeful as he expected.

IMO
I wish that were true but experience tells us there are lots of weird women out there that are clamouring to become prison wives. I know, I know, I don’t get it either but it’s a “thing.” :). I actually think I’ve witnessed it on these threads :confused::p:eek: JMHO :rolleyes:

So, BM told TD per video he was "cleared & SM's family stated that BM told them he was "cleared"
BM LIED
1. LE: "And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”
2. BM said: "...they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,"

BM told TD as well as others he went to Denver at 5am
BM LIED
Now we hear the data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.

BM told TD on his video that BM talked to SM Sunday morning about leaving for a Denver job.
BM LIED
He changed it to he left at 5am and did not wake SM

BM said he would do anything to get her back.
BM LIED
He has hid and became silent.

BM stated: "...we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”
BM is LYING
Draper said that shortly after uploading the video of his conversation to YouTube, he began to get a number of text messages from numbers he didn’t recognize. He said that some of the text messages “weren’t very nice,” and that one suggested he would “pay.” (Is that how loving caring people talk?)

BM said: "...he and his daughters are holding onto the hope that Suzanne is alive and will be found."
Then why is BM lying and speaking in past tense about his wife:
BM said: "And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got..."

BM in his 26 second pleas for Suzanne's life addressed an abductor.
BM LIED
BM stated he was the last one to see her alive when he saw her at 5am and she was asleep.
By his own admission he erased an abductor theory.

We were told he refused twice to take a polygraph (notice he doesn't say anything about voice analysis).
BM stated he was never asked to do a polygraph.
And we are supposed to believe him???
BAM! Good post!

I think we are seeing a pattern emerge. The pattern is that of a liar. I don’t think this is something that BM just started doing as a result of this case. IMO, BM has always had a penchant for lying. I think he was called out for it in IN, and that could be one reason for the “new start” in CO.

Just from hearing/seeing everything we have learned So far, there is evidence that BM is a liar. Does that make him guilty of murder? No, but when you are innocent, there is NO need to tell these lies or make excuses for them.

We have heard from attorneys on this thread that he would be advised NOT to talk, and I think he probably was, but BM can NOT stand to let others have control of the narrative.

And then BM brings God into the story. IMO, he has done this Christian routine before and it served him well, so let’s sprinkle that into the mix.
I think BM fits the definition of an arrogant, narcissist to a T, but some who have been gaslighted before will probably continue to be, while others will see right through him.

So, BM told TD per video he was "cleared & SM's family stated that BM told them he was "cleared"
BM LIED
1. LE: "And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”
2. BM said: "...they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,"

BM told TD as well as others he went to Denver at 5am
BM LIED
Now we hear the data from his pickup truck did not match what he had told investigators.

BM told TD on his video that BM talked to SM Sunday morning about leaving for a Denver job.
BM LIED
He changed it to he left at 5am and did not wake SM

BM said he would do anything to get her back.
BM LIED
He has hid and became silent.

BM stated: "...we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”
BM is LYING
Draper said that shortly after uploading the video of his conversation to YouTube, he began to get a number of text messages from numbers he didn’t recognize. He said that some of the text messages “weren’t very nice,” and that one suggested he would “pay.” (Is that how loving caring people talk?)

BM said: "...he and his daughters are holding onto the hope that Suzanne is alive and will be found."
Then why is BM lying and speaking in past tense about his wife:
BM said: "And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got..."

BM in his 26 second pleas for Suzanne's life addressed an abductor.
BM LIED
BM stated he was the last one to see her alive when he saw her at 5am and she was asleep.
By his own admission he erased an abductor theory.

We were told he refused twice to take a polygraph (notice he doesn't say anything about voice analysis).
BM stated he was never asked to do a polygraph.
And we are supposed to believe him???
You deserve a BAM!

Much like BM was trying to reestablish his bicycle narrative/ the cat dragged her etc, I think he was also trying to rekindle the narrative he tried to establish about involvement by his wife’s family that was floating around social media. Someone she knew well. His theory never made it to msm because it was ludicrous. I did not take it to mean an affair. But that could have been his intention. Hard to say. IMO. All just deflection and overwhelming urge to control and be smartest guy in the room... Just so tragic for SM and the people in his life who are caught in his web. Ultimate betrayal.
100% agree with this post! Couldn’t get that story to take off anywhere but social media, so why not give it another shot with LS.

I love the fact that LS apparently didn’t give it another thought!

“I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI.“

If lawyered-up, could BM have his own copies of these testimonies? Or request them? Non-truths can be hard to remember without a good frame of reference, quite a few banana peels in 30 hrs...IMO.

"...they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me...". Not even sure what that means really. All the agencies are involved with a cover-up of this? Cover what up, and why try to "blame" it on someone? To be sure, this case is a tragedy, but it doesn't scale up to anything beyond that. SM is missing, and LE is trying find out where she is. Implying there's a bigger truth is pretty weak without providing any idea of what it is. MOO.

Closest I can come to a coverup would involve PETA and the mountain lion...

Yes, Hmmmmm! And here I was thinking he might throw another “guy” under the bus. Maybe he can’t, for obvious reasons. Maybe that’s why CM “reached out” to this other guy? All speculation of course. I can also see BM doing this on his own and using the other guy just to bolster the carp he was trying to sell. Time will tell!

A different scenario involving 2 guys is being and has been suggested on SocialM for quite awhile. Think it's getting mixed up here. Some are referring to the SocialM scenario and some to BM and GD. To that end ...think GD is innocent and if anything a pawn in this game...as I think Trevor and the neighbor were.

BM made what decisions for the girls?

Believe this is in reference to the girls camping trip. Unconfirmed rumor as far as I know as to who made the plans/suggested the trip, but certainly possible. I do think it's confirmed their aunt was with them...BM's sister.

Last edited:
Is there anyone still here who thinks BM is not responsible?

ETA: Genuinely not being snarky, for once. I am very curious as how the recent information points to his innocence, rather than his guilt.
Been trying, and still trying to keep an open mind, and keep logical. BM's behavior is hard to get by though. To sway me, I would like to see some indication that he at least cares about SM more than I do. I haven't seen that yet. MOO.

Yes! And how about Mr Moorman's quote starting at about 1:06 "We more or less lost a lot of contact with her when she moved out there" (meaning Colorado). That quote speaks volumes to me. Looking at that isolated house in the woods, with no landline and sketchy cell service, it reminds me of a Princess locked in a tower.

Welcome to Websleuths @Beach Girl

Been trying, and still trying to keep an open mind, and keep logical. BM's behavior is hard to get by though. To sway me, I would like to see some indication that he at least cares about SM more than I do. I haven't seen that yet. MOO.
I’m right there with ya, Barry. When I look at a case, I always make a chart. One side for the perps innocence, the other guilt. Of course we have NO actual evidence, but I look at what we do have. Let’s just say, my innocent side is pretty sparse indeed.

the 1/100 of 1% ...brings me back to the fire chief 's way to early comment" she was too nice that was her downfall" or words to that effect....gotta keep the door open I guess.
How does he know.
Did he see her being nice to suspicious people?
Was she comfortable with the needy?
Maybe he heard it from BM?

"It was her downfall." ?
Does not sound friendly to me.

Paris maybe, Idaho ?????? Camping?????? not so sure
Just strange to me....
Why that particular week?
During a pandemic?
* Safer at home restrictions
States away?
Lots of places closer!
Potentially out of touch/cell phone coverage?
Wasn’t HS/college still in session even if online? Usually exams that week?
MD weekend?

What was the propelling reason to go that particular week?
JMO

How does he know.

"It was her downfall." ?

Bertram said he believed that Barry Morphew continued to work independently as a landscaper in Colorado after he moved from Indiana, and said there is high demand for construction work in the area. Bertram also said he has never known Morphew to be dishonest.

“[Barry] and his wife are honest and friendly,” Betram said. “If Barry Morphew tells you something, you can believe it.”

Bertram said a firefighter in his crew was the first to alert him to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance, in an early morning phone call on Monday, May 11. According to the fire chief, that firefighter said in the initial call that authorities had found Suzanne’s bike. Bertram did not have any information about when or where Suzanne was last seen, or when she was last in contact with her husband. He also did not know precisely where the bike was found.

Asked if he was concerned about the possibility that Suzanne was abducted, Bertram said, “I think the family thinks that’s what happened to her.” He said he was not aware of any specific threat against Suzanne or her family at any time.

“Her biggest downfall is the fact that she’s so friendly,” Bertram said of Suzanne. “She’s one of those people that wouldn’t hesitate to talk to anyone, to help anyone.”

Bertram went on to say that Suzanne and Barry were both well-respected members of the community, and active in their church. He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain.

Bertram also noted that the fire department is not working with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s office or state and federal authorities on the search for Suzanne Morphew, but said that some firefighters had been volunteering their time to search for the missing woman. He acknowledged a possible disconnect between Morphew’s friends and family and the law enforcement officers conducting the investigation.

“Everyone has their own interpretation” about the law enforcement response, he said.
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

How does he know.

"It was her downfall." ?

Sounds like victim blaming. I have to wonder if BM was pushing that narrative in order to strengthen stranger abduction. I also have to wonder if Suzanne's friendliness really got his goat. I think it did. She was supposed to give all her attention to him. I don't think he ever liked to share her with others. And especially her family, they might try to give her financial advice.
It would have been a familiar complaint in his mind, whenever she took time for others...jeez, she's too darn friendly. It was easy to pull that out if the hat to bolster an abduction, because it was something that he hated about her. Moo of course.

100% agree with this post! Couldn’t get that story to take off anywhere but social media, so why not give it another shot with LS.

I love the fact that LS apparently didn’t give it another thought!
Yes, just another example of how BM used another good friend to disseminate his lies in an attempt to take the heat off himself. I personally called out that friend on what he was doing, respectfully, and thereby determined that the friend’s relationship was not one where he could ask anything of BM that would challenge BM’s narrative. I was told that’s not the kind of relationship they have. He just blindly supports everything that comes out of BM’s lying mouth. I feel sorry for that friend, truly, and all the others BM has shamefully used.

How dare BM bring God into his twisted narrative :mad:
Even in the extremely remote chance that BM did not murder SM, I have absolutely no respect for who he has shown himself to be. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel