Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Ontario Mom ,

I have been searching for any form of LE /MSM confirmation that BM has lied about polygraph tests. Links please, if available ! Or that he has changed his story about where he was the day SM went missing, which that day is still not established or disclosed to us the general public.

Furthermore, going with your posted response, you are right, we do not really know what the Moorman family has done in efforts to find SM, just as we do not really know what BM has done either. Nor do you know what I have done. Nor do I know what you have done. Because none of us have made an official statement of the like. It is all unknowns, just not the parts that fit your narrative. AM’s word is of no more gospel than anyone else’s at this particular juncture. I believe only LE holds that hand. And we are all equals waiting for that turn. No on here is God - unless I missed that post...??? In la-la land we can make things up to make us feel better. I believe people on here like to say “this ain’t CSI”

I know what I’m saying doesn’t make you happy, but I have this thing where I like two sides representing- it’s simply not all rainbows and butterflies- because AM said so doesn’t quite cut it. And if it does, the same rules apply for all- and that means the nemesis BM. And that’s not going to work for a lot of folks!

I hope maybe, just maybe....???? I have made my point- you can bend and shape rules to fit your narrative, this isn’t CSI and heavens help us - it’s not politics-

Here’s Barry’s interview with Lauren, where he claims that despite 30 hours of interviews, law enforcement never asked him to take a polygraph. I couldn’t believe that when I read it.

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

H
ere’s Suzanne’s brother with the Profiling Evil guys. CBI traveled to Indiana, and dropped a bomb on him. He was apparently told that Barry refused to take a polygraph or voice stress analysis, and his truck GPS data didn’t support his account.

This explains the silence from Suzanne’s side, as they not only know that she is not coming back, but her husband is suspected of being responsible. Her brother said they didn’t want to damage the investigation by speaking to the media earlier.

Last edited:
One of the Barryisms that has bothered me is that LE has never publicly disparaged Barry in any way whatsoever. Yet the only time (other than 26 seconds) that he has to chosen to go public is to complain about LE blaming him. He is willing to talk about how he is being treated, and how inept LE is in the handling of the case, but will not do one public thing to find his wife. He will only comment about himself. He does not bring a voice to Suzanne, or ask for the public’s help in bringing her home. Why is he so worried about how he is being looked at?
I agree. BM reminds me of patrick frazee in many ways. I remember PF said something to the effect that LE was railroading him. BM sounds very similar in that regard. They both wanted it all to go away cause there was no evidence. Who knows maybe BM will be in same cell block someday. MOO.

I don't know how that works in IN but IMO based on what is going on in my own state - that hearing is done through zoom, or MS Teams or by phone, etc. So anyone who wanted to be a part of it would need to find out how to participate - usually by hiring a lawyer, making an appearance and then filing an objection to the guardianship. If they just want to watch it, I have no idea if they would be allowed to. I guess they could ask the guardianship lawyer - call her up and say they want to see the hearing? But we should see something in the docket soon if that is being contemplated IMO. I just filed a notice of hearing for October and we are still doing them remotely.
JMO
Ahhh OK, makes total sense. Thanks so much for your response Oviedo, very much appreciated!! :)

At the one and only presser on 05.15, Sheriff Spezze's comment about BM cooperating, and that they hoped he'd continue to do so, was a red flag to me. It hadn't even been a week yet and him saying that made me wonder if BM hadn't said or done something to raise the sheriff's suspicion. Whatever prompted him to say that, is likely whatever stopped BM from the every beginning (before anyone really knew anything), from speaking to the media.

jmo
and this little gem - BBM
Maysville’s Suzanne Morphew, 49, is missing. The Chaffee County Communications Center received a call about a missing female at 5:46 p.m. on Sunday. Sheriff John Spezze said that’s the day they think she went missing.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area of C.R. 225 and U.S. 50 in Maysville and contacted the reporting party who told them Morphew had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

Maysville woman missing

You make good points. In my opinion when all is said and done we will understand more of why Suzannes side didn't speak out sooner. I suspect that it will be about her girls and LE but that's just my opinion. Like you, all of my siblings would be there and be VERY involved..(probably too much so as I have 11 brothers and sisters).
What struck me from the beginning was the stark contrast of BM speaking out against LE and the Moorman family only praising and thanking LE. Am I prejudiced in believing that law enforcement is the side I always want to be on? Yes... I am.
Excellent post @Tate123 !
MOO This all goes back to "fear of reprisal" on SM's family's part.
I am so proud of them speaking up, with I feel is encouragement on the part of Profiling Evil guys.

As well as Suzanne's brother reportedly saying something to the effect of (paraphrased by me) "..This will not end well...".
It sounds like he may have had a prior concern or a premonition.
So sad. :(
Imo.

AM said that as soon as he saw the spot where Suzanne's bike had been found down in that ravine, he knew someone had tossed it there.

He knew immediately upon viewing the bike scene that this was no accident.

I think that's the moment the unwelcome realization hit him that this wasn't going to end well.

JMO.

Thanks @Alethea . Good post. I was absolutely trying to make a different point. I don’t see you referring to that here so much.

I was speaking of the inconsistencies of for example how BM has been crucified for not speaking to the media and maintaining a low profile- as SM’s family has done the same and not been skewered. My post was to in a nutshell point out some double standards and biases that I’ve noticed here that I wish could be overcome or walls knocked down for thought-provoking, calm discussion.

What if we removed the excuses for SM’s family, friends etc and held them to the same standards we are BM? How do they measure up in the search efforts ? Media representation? LE presser appearance? Until just now, almost 4 months in- nada - and they required anonymity when speaking.

Where else had this been noted in MSM - high profile cases? I’m thinking recently- the cases we discuss- FD, GS,KB, CW, MT - I guess we can go back SP, Totmom- goes on and on. This is beyond the bizarre.
BBM

Here are your answers.

<rsbm>

Tricia made a thread specific exception in this case to allow Barry to be discussed as a POI as he is obviously being treated publicly as one by LE even though they have not officially categorized him as such. Approval was given to discuss him as a POI based on what is in MSM or by LE (but not to sleuth him). All other family members are still off limits under the WS victim friendly policy because they are obviously NOT being treated publicly as POI/suspects.

WRT, Lauren and the PE hosts, they are under absolutely no obligation to explain to the public how they vet their sources.

Please move on from bickering over anonymity of sources. It is just going round in circles, is derailing the thread, and belabouring an issue is no way helpful in determining what happened to Suzanne or by whom.

If MSM or LE or other WS approved sources cite anonymous sources, members are free to consider anonymity and credibility and either rely on the information provided or take it with a grain of salt.

Some of the discussion remains but if those remaining posts result in further disruption of the thread, they will also be removed.

Thread is open again.

Just jumping off of OldCop's post with a related thought.

Does everyone here take it for granted that SM left the home in an automobile? I keep thinking that since she wasn't seen leaving its reasonable to consider that she left (alive or not) the house in a way that didn't involve an automobile. She and her bike left the house somehow and nobody saw either one AFAIK (yes, big caveat). If we just ignore BLM and try to think about the possibilities of what could have happened to SM, is it reasonable to consider that she was conveyed from the home in some other manner? Maybe its not the most likely but is it so unlikely as to be unreasonable?

If she were alive when she left the house, she would have to have been on foot or go by motor vehicle or bicycle. (I don’t think they had horses, that I’ve heard. And she didn’t ride a mountain lion.)

If she were not alive, she could have been carried or dollied some distance from the house, but not that far. To move her any distance would have to be by vehicle, in some manner. Trunk of a car is an obvious possibility. Bobcat (motorized) is another.

What are your thoughts?

I feel strongly that BM is responsible for the disappearance of his wife.

At the same time, I feel the Moorman family did not initially respond to this crisis in a manner in which I would have expected. This, I feel, is a side story though, and likely has nothing to do with SM’s disappearance.

MOO

Here’s Barry’s interview with Lauren, where he claims that despite 30 hours of interviews, law enforcement never asked him to take a polygraph. I couldn’t believe that when I read it.

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

H
ere’s Suzanne’s brother with the Profiling Evil guys. CBI traveled to Indiana, and dropped a bomb on him. He was apparently told that Barry refused to take a polygraph or voice stress analysis, and his truck GPS data didn’t support his account.

This explains the silence from Suzanne’s side, as they not only know that she is not coming back, but her husband is suspected of being responsible. Her brother said they didn’t want to damage the investigation by speaking to the media earlier.

Thank you @MassGuy , again AM making a statement and BM making a statement- zero worth. This is neither LE or MSM- it dueling banjos-

Why would LE tell something to anyone that they aren’t willing to share with the public knowing full and well it will just be made public by those they share it with? They prefer to have others speak for them? This somehow increases their credibility? :rolleyes:They enjoy a good game of telephone and figure word surely travels more accurately when told by third parties- on YouTube channel and podcasts....??????? No.

But wait it gets better, LE never clarifies any of this he said she said clown show -
further making LE look absent- now wait!

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel strongly that BM is responsible for the disappearance of his wife.

At the same time, I feel the Moorman family did not initially respond to this crisis in a manner in which I would have expected. This, I feel, is a side story though, and likely has nothing to do with SM’s disappearance.

MOO
Underlined words by me.
SM's family is off limits.

<rsbm>

Tricia made a thread specific exception in this case to allow Barry to be discussed as a POI as he is obviously being treated publicly as one by LE even though they have not officially categorized him as such. Approval was given to discuss him as a POI based on what is in MSM or by LE (but not to sleuth him). All other family members are still off limits under the WS victim friendly policy because they are obviously NOT being treated publicly as POI/suspects.

WRT, Lauren and the PE hosts, they are under absolutely no obligation to explain to the public how they vet their sources.

Thank you @MassGuy , again AM making a statement and BM making a statement- zero worth. This is neither LE or MSM- it dueling banjos-

Why would LE tell something to anyone that they aren’t willing to share with the public knowing full and well it will just be made public by those they share it with? They prefer to have others speak for them? This somehow increases their credibility? :rolleyes:They enjoy a good game of telephone and figure word surely travels more accurately when told by third parties- on YouTube channel and podcasts....??????? No.

But wait it gets better, LE never clarifies any of this he said she said clown show -
further making LE look absent- now wait!

I know you live for explaining things like this away, but come the $&@: on... :p

If you listen to AM, I don’t know how you can come away without believing he is being honest. He walks you through his thought process, and how he initially wrote off certain suspicious behavior as Barry being emotional.

He has no reason to lie about the CBI visiting him, or sharing certain information with him. In fact, up until then, AM was still on Barry’s side.

I think he was told certain things in order to change his mindset, and encourage him to share things that he wouldn’t otherwise share; things that he initially wrote off.

Comparing anything Barry says with what the family members of Suzanne says, is like comparing apples and oranges.

Low risk victims are almost never abducted from low crime areas. Then you have this bizarre alibi story, law enforcement executing three search warrants on two different locations, a bike that is obviously staged (something only someone close to the victim does), a man who refuses to make media appeals for his missing wife, and a guy who clearly knows he is a suspect because he’s blasting the investigation.

There’s a reason LE is looking at him, and it’s not because “it’s always the husband.” Warrants require evidence, and not mere suspicion.

He’s still throwing around this insane “mountain lion” theory, which is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. All due respect to Letecia Stauch, and “Eguardo.”

So I don’t believe a damn thing that comes out of this man’s mouth, and his word is not equal to the word of Suzanne’s family.

Not remotely, as I see it.

Last edited:
Just jumping off of OldCop's post with a related thought.

Does everyone here take it for granted that SM left the home in an automobile? I keep thinking that since she wasn't seen leaving its reasonable to consider that she left (alive or not) the house in a way that didn't involve an automobile. She and her bike left the house somehow and nobody saw either one AFAIK (yes, big caveat). If we just ignore BLM and try to think about the possibilities of what could have happened to SM, is it reasonable to consider that she was conveyed from the home in some other manner? Maybe its not the most likely but is it so unlikely as to be unreasonable?

I'm inclined to think SM never left the property. If that is so, then her killer had from around 9PM (when SM's social media communication with her friend was abruptly ended) until daylight the next day (assuming he wanted to finish what he was doing under cover of darkness or with artificial lighting). That's about 8 hours.

I think SM's killer killed her with his own hands or with a close-proximity weapon (knife or cross-bow), and then concealed her remains on the Morphew property. He worked at that for a few hours, experienced some kind of unexpected interruption (disabled equipment - dead battery or failing hydraulics or broken bucket) that motivated him to visit the job site BM had been working nearby and to start up the heavy equipment for a half hour or so (as heard by the next door neighbor) to get what he needed to repair the disabled equipment back at the Morphew place, and then he returned to the Morphew home to finish what he'd started (fully concealing SM's remains).

It's even possible SM's killer had been prepping the site where he intended to conceal her remains before 9PM that day and that he explained it to SM by saying that he was improving or repairing some hardscaping on site instead.

I don't know how you explain the interrupted communication with the friend unless you consider that she was probably killed or otherwise disabled at that point.

And I don't know how you explain the odd half hour of heavy equipment operation noise heard by the neighbor at BM's job site unless you consider it in relation to SM's disappearance and presume that the operator was a person who knew that equipment was there and there was a reason he needed to use it at that late hour.

If you listen to AM, I don’t know how you can come away without believing he is being honest. He walks you through his thought process, and how he initially wrote off certain suspicious behavior as Barry being emotional.

He has no reason to lie about the CBI visiting him, or sharing certain information with him. In fact, up until then, AM was still on Barry’s side.

I think he was told certain things in order to change his mindset, and encourage him to share things that he wouldn’t otherwise share; things that he initially wrote off.

Comparing anything Barry says with what the family members of Suzanne says, is like comparing apples and oranges.

Low risk victims are almost never abducted from low crime areas. Then you have this bizarre alibi story, law enforcement executing three search warrants on two different locations, a bike that is obviously staged (something only someone close to the victim does), a man who refuses to make media appeals for his missing wife, and a guy who clearly knows he is a suspect because he’s blasting the investigation.

There’s a reason LE is looking at him, and it’s not because “it’s always the husband.” Warrants require evidence, and not mere suspicion.

He’s still throwing around this insane “mountain lion” theory, which is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. All due respect to Letecia Stauch, and “Eguardo.”

So I don’t believe a damn thing that comes out of this man’s mouth, and his word is not equal to the word of Suzanne’s family.

Not remotely, as I see it.
You're on fire with amazing posts. Only thing I don't agree with is the Eguardo was the most ridiculous story I have ever heard.

Thank you for clarifying this....so BM intentionally woke up at 5am on a Saturday, to drive to Denver for a construction job that didnt start until Monday (around 48 hours early).....He did this knowing that mothers day was Sunday and that he would not be spending it with his family.... and at least from what Ive read, he provides no reason for needed to be at the site so early.

Without more I truly struggle to understand why leaving on Saturday was needed. This behavior makes no sense to me and IMO is very suspicious. Im trying to stay open minded, so if anyone has another viewpoint Id honestly like to hear it because I feel like Im missing something.

Just to correct this item, BLM supposedly left at 5am on Sunday, not Saturday. This was supposedly to setup a job site where his crew would start on Monday AM. There is no indication that he had to run machinery and given the drive, he wouldn't have been in the area to run equipment until after 7am so its unlikely he would have run afoul of any noise ordinances even if he did run equipment. As others have mentioned, the job site was reportedly in the Denver area so more than 5 of the 10 hours would have been dedicated to driving round trip.

Well now. If we take BM at his word, then there's a mountain lion that needs tracking.

If he can't afford to hire good mountain lion trackers, he should change the purpose of the G^Fun^ to "mountain lion trackers." There are several kinds. Of course, first step would be tracker dogs, to see if even the merest traces of mountain lions could be found - within about 20 miles of the house.

Then, one would want to find all the dens of those lions and search for evidence of humans, including very small things. For that, a forensic anthropologist or two would be great. Colorado has some of the best. And they typically work for free (if they're in an academic program) or on loan (for free) from another LE agency.

That's what many family members would want to happen, if they believed it was a mountain lion. If the family behaved as if they actually believed that theory, you know what? I'd think they probably believed it.

But without the behavior that goes with such a belief, I do not believe they truly believe that (any of them). So mountain lion is off for the table for me (and for them, apparently).

Not much left. "Someone she knew or who knew her," however BM put it.

I'm inclined to think SM never left the property. If that is so, then her killer had from around 9PM (when SM's social media communication with her friend was abruptly ended) until daylight the next day (assuming he wanted to finish what he was doing under cover of darkness or with artificial lighting). That's about 8 hours.

I think SM's killer killed her with his own hands or with a close-proximity weapon (knife or cross-bow), and then concealed her remains on the Morphew property. He worked at that for a few hours, experienced some kind of unexpected interruption (disabled equipment - dead battery or failing hydraulics or broken bucket) that motivated him to visit the job site BM had been working nearby and to start up the heavy equipment for a half hour or so (as heard by the next door neighbor) to get what he needed to repair his disabled equipment back at the Morphew place, and then he returned to the Morphew home to finish what he'd started (fully concealing her remains).

It's even possible SM's killer had been prepping the site where he intended to conceal her remains before 9PM that day and that he explained it to SM by saying that he was improving or repairing some hardscaping on site instead.

I don't know how you explain the interrupted communication with the friend unless you consider that she was probably killed or otherwise disabled at that point.

And I don't know how you explain the odd half hour of heavy equipment operation noise heard by the neighbor at BM's job site unless you consider it in relation to SM's disappearance and presume that the operator was a person who knew that equipment was there and there was a reason he needed to use it at that late hour.
I’m convinced Barry left early that morning (he claims 5am) in order to dispose of Suzanne’s remains. I actually think he left earlier than that, which may be one of the discrepancies when it comes to his vehicle GPS data.

If she was buried on that property, I absolutely believe she would have been found. That would be insanely risky, and there would be telltale signs (disturbed earth). That area was combed with law enforcement searchers, family searchers, dogs, and drones.

As for the noise at that construction site, I believe if it’s related, it was Barry retrieving equipment to both set up his alibi, and perhaps conceal Suzanne’s body with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela