Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my question is, when did JP give the mail to the FBI? Like, did he take it home with him and then when FBI came knocking, he mentioned it and handed it over?

I suspect by Tuesday morning when he left the motel, he figured something was just too weird, so he collected whatever BM mail there was in the room and went back to Salida.

Once he returned home, (or even before, if he was in contact with any locals in Salida, that know he works with BM) he would have heard about SM being reported missing. That may have prompted him to contact the CCSO himself, which would have had him turn over that mail to them, since that's exactly what they were on site to do: process evidence.

Just a guess, of course.

Maybe it was all over the news and JP just thought "holy cra*, I've been set up". Simple moo
I think there’s a good chance the word about SM being missing was circulating in BM’s circle even on Sunday night/Monday morning. Someone may have called JP to tell him and then JP’’s antenna went on alert and started piecing 2 and 2 together. Grabbing the mail was a smart move.

IMO only

I think this is a very interesting post - thank you. I'm in agreement with you that BM was using the hotel room for something nefarious. And I also hope that LE has already had the room forensically scoured.

I believe they will have done that as soon as they became aware of BM using the hotel. That hotel has remained silent all this time, having previously passed CCTV footage to LE. They haven't leaked this information in almost 4 months. It's only come to light as a result of BM's colleague speaking publicly. IMO, LE is to be commended for keeping such a tight rein on information and getting other parties to buy into the need to remain tight-lipped, in the interests of the case.

Would you mind clarifying something you posted? You mentioned that you don't think Suzanne was ever in that room, alive or dead, but then go on to mention BM's plans being interrupted. Further on you mention the possibility of LE finding human matter (Suzanne's) in the hotel shower drain.
I agree with you that BM probably dismembered SM's body to make it easier to dispose of. He could have used multiple trash receptacles to do so, hundreds of miles from his own home. I wasn't sure what you meant when you said you thought that SM's body was never in the hotel room, but raised the possibility of forensic evidence from her being trapped in the shower drain.

BM would be taking a huge risk driving over a hundred miles to the hotel with human matter from SM on his body, having already dismembered her elsewhere, then showering that evidence away at the hotel. I'm doubtful that Suzanne's body - whatever state it's in - will ever be found. Hopeful that she will be, but realistic about the chances of it happening.

IMO, BM was at the hotel cleaning up evidence of a murder and perhaps dismemberment that took place somewhere else. According to JP, he saw BM on the Saturday so I presume that was in Salida. I think the plan was to ask JP to come help with the construction job and arrive on Sunday. I think in BM's head he thought he could get there on Saturday clean up any tools that could have had human matter attached to them and be all comfy cozy waiting to do the job and JP would be on his way to give him an alibi.

The problem is he didn't take into consideration that his own daughters would upset the plan. When they called/texted him regarding not being able to get in touch with SM he really had no choice but the play the concerned husband/father so he called up the neighbour and asked her to do a walkabout on the property. After he introduced the bike ride scenario, it gave him some breathing room because he knew what the neighbour would report: there was no Suzanne and no bike. He knew things would get ramped up then especially with the neighbour calling LE at 5:45 pm. He knew based on the bike scenario that LE would be dedicating their search off property to look for evidence of a bike ride gone wrong. I guess he underestimated how quickly they would find the bike.

I think he would have liked to get rid of the towels but he was now on the clock so he left them on the floor thinking the hotel cleaning staff would come in and clean it up but with Covid that didn't happen. However he brought his tools in, maybe a mobile tool chest, he probably stashed a couple of containers of bleach in there too, maybe just some he picked up at a local Walmart. And when he left the room he took his tools and empty containers with him.

All my opinion.

An interesting side product that is coming to light is there are now multiple examples of him having fairly significant arguments with other fellow workers (one got physical in Indiana if my memory serves me). And there are now multiple examples of jobs that were not done up to snuff and he had to go back to fix them. Both the Colorado site and the Salida site needed some rework done.

For the latter, it may hint of signs that things were distracting him from being able to do a good job.

For the former, that is even more concerning considering SM is missing.
JMO

In the Aug 24 interview PE/AM, time stamp around 9:39 minutes, AM is relating what Barry told him re having problems with local people. AM says that Barry told him he just had a problem with one local guy, he had to fire the guy because he was on drugs, and he was part of the reason the wall was crooked, one week ago he threatened me (BM) and I ran into him and told him to leave me and my family alone, "or else". BM told the police. He paid his employees mostly by check, address was on checks.
BM says that one guy had been in the neighborhood, working at odd jobs that BM had gotten him with airB&Bs. BM says that the guys drove to their own jobs.

This is the part that jumped off the page to me: BM didn't notice what car the guy drives. "So many cars show up, I don't know who drives what".

Isn't that bizarre? BM tells the guy to leave his family alone, got the guy odd jobs in his own neighborhood, worked with him on the wall, fired the guy because of drugs, , paid him by check, but never noticed his vehicle?

Reading your post, I thought about the local guy early on who was riding in the area on Mother's Day. He said he saw a vehicle which was suspicious and didn't belong in the area. No further details on why, make or model. His comment on camera parked itself in my brain.

I've changed my mind and no longer think JP is the employee Barry fired.

I agree with you, BM probably has 3 or 4 employees on any given job including himself. A few of them are regular employees, JMO. Why doesn't he know what cars his employees drive? I have 12 and know each and every vehicle and who it belongs to o_O

Admittedly, I don't stay in hotels often but how do you get the room card?

Usually, it is given at check in and functions as a slide-in electronic key. I’ve often been given 2. This technology replaces traditional metal keys. The cards have the guest’s name and data temporarily imprinted on the magnetic strip. These cards can record the times that they were used. I assume that instructions could be left at the front desk to give another individual an additional room card.

This sentence stood out to me as well from PE recently released statement.

Who's calling the hotel and asking as a general question of course? :)
Well PE has tweeted their statement with hashtags for Court Tv and Fox News. Perhaps they want some journalists to investigate?

https://twitter.com/profilingevil/status/1301535214422745089?s=21

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data..." Don't lose focus on the forest while you're looking at one tree... Join the Profiling Evil team. profilingevil.com

#profilingevil #truecrime #suzannemorphew #MissingPerson #courttv #FoxNews

By... speaking to someone at the front desk and showing your ID to prove you are who you say you are. You do still have to actually speak to someone once you arrive, even if you never have to, to book the room.

Is there an early check in feature on line as well? When I wanted my early check in, I had to call. The desk clerk still had me check in online and waited for me to click the button. Then she assigned me the open room for early check in. No matter what, you have to go in, give ID and a credit card, and get the key. Somebody has to pick up a key.

Something just popped in my head.

I remember using wet towels to put in the crack at the bottom of my bathroom door as a teenager to keep my ciggie smoke from leaving the room, to keep my parents from finding out.

Are there any street type drugs that might smell like chlorine?

c'mon JP, don't walk back your story now. please. didn't the DM article say BM was indeed at the hotel on saturday? and definitely left on sunday before he got there?

"Puckett said he didn’t know the day Barry arrived in Broomfield and couldn’t be sure of the day he left, but did know the reason – a family emergency."

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado
That's what I expected from Lauren, to nail down the details.

Kudos to DM for breaking the story, but I want Lauren to verify the critical deets. Wonder when the full interview will air?

I hope LS finds out the time and the location of BM and JP seeing each other on the Saturday.

If in the morning, interesting.

If later in the day, interesting.

Salida jobsite? Makes sense to me. (Is Salida the working-locally-for-the-next-four-days location AM related? BM, saying he was setting up in Denver/CS for his workers so he could work locally the next four days. What else was BM expected to do in Salida? More than just the backfilling? Did BM have reason to want to pull whoever was working in Salida and relocate them to another site? His vehicle and cellular data will be fascinating. Painful but fascinating.)

JMO

Holiday Inn Express is owned by IHG:

Introducing IHG® Mobile Check-In

The power to check in and out, right at your fingertips

As an IHG® Rewards Club Elite member, you deserve to get the most out of your travels. Now you can check in or out of your room when it’s convenient for you, right from your mobile device with IHG® Mobile Check-In . You can even request an early arrival time and we’ll send you a text when your room is ready. Mobile Check-In is currently available at select hotels for Elite members who download the IHG® App.

I find this whole motel/mail/JP thing totally confusing. I can't discern even one single reason why BM called JP and told him to come to Broomfield.
  • BM didn't bring tools for JP to use.
  • BM couldn't use JP as a witness that BM was in Broomfield because he left before JP got there.
  • BM never talked to JP again and let him sit idle for 2 days in the hotel while there was a supposedly important job to be done.
  • Why didn't JP call BM and say, "Hey, where are the tools, and where's the job, and what am I doing here exactly?"
  • If you've done nefarious things in your hotel room, why didn't you rent another room for your employee so he wouldn't see or smell all your mess? At $92 a night, it's cheaper than having another witness, isn't it?
  • If you've gotten JP to come to work, and you have no plan, no tools, no workplace and no work for him to do, you've just added another witness for the prosecution.
I agree it’s very confusing although we don’t have the full story yet...but something stinks in all of this and it isn’t just the bleach...it smells fishy to me. Especially JP sitting on his hands in a hotel room for two days waiting to hear from BM about starting this alleged job. I would like to know how many times JP left the hotel and came back during those two days and if he was carrying anything and where he went. Did he ever go to this job site at all? I think JP said he arrived Sunday night and left Tuesday so it might not have been two full days but what did he do all day on Monday? How many times did he call BM? Did BM not call him back to say Suzanne is missing so don’t worry about the job? Why wouldn’t BM ask JP to head back and help them search for her? It sounds like he is saying he didn’t find out Suzanne was missing until Tuesday and not from BM but that might be wrong. And I thought LE came to him? So if he came forward on his own and was referred to the FBI does that mean BM didn’t even tell LE about the hotel room in Broomfield? Because if the hotel room/job was for an alibi wouldn’t BM have told LE that JP was there at the hotel right now waiting on him to do this job and then wouldn’t LE would want to talk to him right away? And check out this alleged job? Could BM have gotten another hotel room somewhere else to use for his alibi and this Broomfield room was for a different purpose?

And the whole taking his tools in the room thing is odd. I know OPs say it’s normal in this business sometimes but is it normal to clean them with bleach? I am in the camp that does not believe the bleach smell is from the hotel cleaning the room. I think BM cleaned something with bleach straight from the bottle...maybe some tool(s) such as a saw, axe, hammer, shovel, big heavy wrench - just using my imagination. Did he scrub them with a cleaning tool - scrub brush or heavy duty sponge? Did he dry them with hotel towels? Did BM then clean the bathtub with bleach? I sure hope he wasn’t doing something even worse in the tub that required lots more bleach.

I slightly overfilled the bleach dispenser this morning while starting a load of towels, wiped the excess bleach off the washing machine with a paper towel, washed my hands and that strong bleach smell is still on my hand hours later. And Clorox bleach does smell just like the chlorine in a pool to me now that I smell it. But I think it’s been well documented here that pools were closed and if the hotel said they use a peroxide based cleaning product then the bleach smell has to be from BM using bleach if he was the only one in the room. If the hotel washes their towels in bleach they wouldn’t smell that strongly of bleach. Most hotel towels are white and they probably do use bleach on their towels and sheets - I hope so! So do I and when my towels come out of the dryer they don’t have that strong of a bleach smell. I also use fabric sheets so they smell good but I can only smell a very slight bleach smell if I put my nose on it and sniff really hard. And I don’t smell it when they get wet either.

I’m not sure JP revealed everything he knows in that article. Were there any other employees at the hotel? Was BM alone the entire time he was in his room? Was the Do Not Disturb sign on the door? Did he take trash out to the dumpster? That video footage will be so important so I hope those cameras were working and not recorded over and LE has it in their possession. BM might not have told LE about that hotel room and was stupid enough to think they wouldn’t find out.

BM has told so many conflicting stories to so many different people that it’s got to be hard to keep it all straight. I hope we get to see those LE interview videos from the interrogation room one day...that should be entertaining! He said he answered every single question but he didn’t add “honestly” to that. I wonder what he told LE...did he just lie his butt off or try and use some elements of the truth? Does he just lie to try and survive minute by minute in the present without thinking of what is going to happen in the future? He had to know it was all going to catch up to him eventually...and now that is starting to happen. He’s painted himself in a corner and I bet he is scared. And now he can’t even enjoy his freedom because his reputation is being ruined. Everyone in that small town must suspect him. How can he even show his face in the gym after yesterday? And his poor daughters. I’m sure they don’t want to go out in public either. I hope they have good friends supporting them. BM probably just has a few loyal to the end friends & family members left supporting him at this point.

Looking forward to Lauren’s interview with JP tonight. Hopefully he will explain it all much better in his own words.

And look I used paragraphs! :D

An aside but noteworthy, since I imagine people will start trolling Andy at some point (goes with the territory). Andy got a phone call from his Dad on Monday afternoon, saying his little sister was missing. He left work, rushed home, got a plane ticket and was in Colorado on Monday night ready to search. Dropped everything. Tore at my heartstrings. Even if you don’t see your siblings regularly, you get a call and go. That’s true family bonds.

Hotel Check-In & Keys:

I travel for work very often. I use the hotel chain app to check in and then my phone can be used to open the door. There is no key, just a wireless signal that my phone, with my hotel app login, sends to the door lock and opens it. My phone has to be near the door and logged in to specifically open the door.
I do not know if this HI has this feature, but many hotels frequented by business travelers have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en