Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your timeline is correct and the cameras are Ring, then Barry was taking a huge chance. Yes, one can delete Ring video, but Amazon's (Ring's parent company) servers log that deletion, at a minimum, or maybe even keep the "deleted" video for a period afterward, per Ring's Law Enforcement Guidelines. I'm not as familiar with Google's Nest, but it's guidelines may be similar.

If, however, the video is recorded onto an in-home DVR system, the video can indeed be deleted, but investigators may be able to recover said video.
I don’t think he had a choice, and was forced to delete the video and deactivate the cameras. I don’t think this was a planned event at all.

I looked into it, and both Nest and Ring cannot recover deleted videos. I do hope he had some sort of storage system that can be accessed, but I don’t think that’s really a thing anymore. Most of these systems are cloud based.

I’m just hoping they used ADT.

I think it would be tremendously helpful if one of those friends/family that noticed whatever this social media activity was, that was "out of character" for SM, would actually tell someone what it was, specifically that her profile was doing, that might help clear the air a bit.

I mean, was she joining German death metal groups?
Did she comment on a vintage car collector page and go into detail about the engine in her '57 Chevy?
Did she become "friends" with Bollywood actresses?
Did she list that she had a chimpanzee for sale, in the Salida Marketplace?

Oddball things like that would definitely be "out of character" for her (based on what I've seen, anyway), and they'd be things her friends and family would see. But, no one has mentioned exactly what it was, that they saw - except for HoosierDW, and her friends. (But I wouldn't call that out of character, just coincidentally odd.)

jmo
I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the next shoe to drop. Details are coming out, and I think as time passes and more people talk, that will encourage others to share.

Yes, thank you. At :40 in, Lauren says that JP told her her saw BM Saturday afternoon, in Salida.
Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado
Post #1105 <snip> RSBM @MassGuy posted the article.

"Jeffrey Puckett told FOX21 News he arrived at the motel on May 10 and stayed in a room Barry had purchased for him. Puckett described noticing a strong smell of chlorine in the air.

“I thought the pool might have been open, but it wasn’t,” Puckett said.

The motel confirmed the pool is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. A manager also said they do not use chlorine to clean their rooms, only Peroxide multi-surface cleaner.

Puckett also said he found a letter, addressed to Barry, in the trash inside the room. He said it involved property insurance and that he later turned it over to investigators.

“My first thought was, ‘alibi’,” Puckett said. “When I found the mail the next morning, just kinda looked like an alibi.”

Puckett said he didn’t know the day Barry arrived in Broomfield and couldn’t be sure of the day he left, but did know the reason – a family emergency.

Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall. But, he said, Barry didn’t leave him to tools he needed."

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

"Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall."

ETA: In the video accompanying that news report, Lauren Scharf reports that JP told her he saw BM on Saturday afternoon in Salida, but does not give a specific time or location.
Thank you so much! I've also asked Lauren this question directly, hopefully she answers. If not, I think she said she is working on a timeline to be released next week.

If you don't know what one looks like, don't Google "hunting cooler; it'll just make you sad.

Hunting coolers, sadder still.

I don't know if he had any, I don't know if they're missing, but I'm pretty sure no one's talking about a lunch Igloo.

Where are they, BM?

JMO
I just perused the recommended hunting coolers and a highly recommended one was
a "Cordova" model- huge plus insulated w/ styrofoam and a locking cover.
2 reviews and this is SPOOKY-
one reviewer says "I'm a wildland firefighter and this cooler keeps my food and drinks cool all day."

thought- FBI is looking hard for a cooler being connected to this case.
Anyone think BM put her in the cooler, covered
with ice, stored in the hotel room while he napped and showered, maybe dismembered her in the shower area, placed parts in black garbage bags then drove around disposing parts in dumpsters or elsewhere around Denver? That wouldn't even take a bobcat.

I think it would be tremendously helpful if one of those friends/family that noticed whatever this social media activity was, that was "out of character" for SM, would actually tell someone what it was, specifically that her profile was doing, that might help clear the air a bit.

I mean, was she joining German death metal groups?
Did she comment on a vintage car collector page and go into detail about the engine in her '57 Chevy?
Did she become "friends" with Bollywood actresses?
Did she list that she had a chimpanzee for sale, in the Salida Marketplace?

Oddball things like that would definitely be "out of character" for her (based on what I've seen, anyway), and they'd be things her friends and family would see. But, no one has mentioned exactly what it was, that they saw - except for HoosierDW, and her friends. (But I wouldn't call that out of character, just coincidentally odd.)

jmo

Do you remember here this was stated that her friends/family noticed unusual activity (besides the friend she was texting with and abruptly stopped). I can't seem to find that and don't remember reading it initially. :)

IMO, BM never considered that by him logging in to SM’s FB account on his phone that it could be tracked.

He probably thought about texts messages and was careful with those, but not FB.

I truly believe this information will be important overall. It’s not a coincidence that these things have occurred. These things are starting to paint a picture, IMO
It will be a critical component of LE's digital timeline if nothing else!!

Exactly. I think the house was a mess, based upon Lauren’s reporting that investigators allegedly told Andy that the home smelled of bleach.

So I think he spent the ensuing hours cleaning, and figuring out what he was going to do next. That included communicating with workers that they needed to go to the hotel Sunday night.

He leaves way earlier than 5am, as he wouldn’t want to dump Suzanne’s body in broad daylight.

So he stages the bike in a place that it won’t be immediately discovered, and dumps Suzanne’s body while he’s on the way towards the Denver area.
It amazes me that some men choose to kill their spouse/significant other with methods that result in a bloody mess that need bleach/cleaning products.

Why does this leave me with such a sickening feeling? Messaging ends abruptly at 12:30.... and BM is already meeting up with people by afternoon? Not too soon for that.

How'd he know where to find JP? It was the ONLY time he asked JP to work for him so how did that conversation, in person, come to be? Happenchance?

Did they meet up at the jobsite in Salida, where work may have been in full swing? Many trades. Or none. Saturday.

So.... how did he decide JP was the guy he needed.... and how did he find him?

All rhetorical questions, rolling around in my head.

JMO

Stashing a body halfway to Denver, then returning to finish up in an old vehicle would work.

Why does this leave me with such a sickening feeling? Messaging ends abruptly at 12:30.... and BM is already meeting up with people by afternoon? Not too soon for that.

How'd he know where to find JP? It was the ONLY time he asked JP to work for him so how did that conversation, in person, come to be? Happenchance?

Did they meet up at the jobsite in Salida, where work may have been in full swing? Many trades. Or none. Saturday.

So.... how did he decide JP was the guy he needed.... and how did he find him?

All rhetorical questions, rolling around in my head.

JMO
I’ve been thinking about all this too. I think perhaps whatever happened with SM was spontaneous and BM had to jump into action quickly.

He had to locate JP and get him on board to go to the worksite. Then, he had to clean up, login to SM’s FB to make some type of posts in order to buy time because he realized he had to do something to cover for the abrupt end to her friend’s conversation.

I think it’s quite possible that he didn’t even remember that Sunday was Mother’s Day until it was too late.
I hope we are getting closer to justice.
All JMO

one reviewer says "I'm a wildland firefighter and this cooler keeps my food and drinks cool all day."

with ice, stored in the hotel room while he napped and showered, maybe dismembered her in the shower area, placed parts in black garbage bags then drove around disposing parts in dumpsters or elsewhere around Denver? That wouldn't even take a bobcat.
I think he put her in a cooler to conceal her body in the bed of his truck. No one would give that a second thought. I think this is Frazee with the tote all over again.

Dismembering a body and spreading it around, multiplies your odds of getting caught. Find one part, and you have your case.

I don’t think anything like that happened, as dismemberment is rare on the whole.

IMO, BM never considered that by him logging in to SM’s FB account on his phone that it could be tracked.

He probably thought about texts messages and was careful with those, but not FB.

I truly believe this information will be important overall. It’s not a coincidence that these things have occurred. These things are starting to paint a picture, IMO

Even if BM completely deleted his profile, FB servers hang on to that information for up to 90 days. If LE got Facebook subpoenas for his and SM’s account, they would show virtually everything their accounts did, and from which devices.

By logging in to SM’s account on his own device and pretending to be her (if that’s what he did), he shot himself in the foot with a torpedo.

Last edited:

I feel confident that BM had the most expensive, most popular cooler on the market. It's about image. It was probably large enough to hold Suzanne. I'm also thinking that someone would have noticed. I imagine BM liked showing off his possessions. Moo

Do you remember here this was stated that her friends/family noticed unusual activity (besides the friend she was texting with and abruptly stopped). I can't seem to find that and don't remember reading it initially. :)

May 9, 2020 • Maysville, Colorado
At approximately 2100 hours (they haven't corrected this, as we now know it was roughly 12:30pm), Suzanne Moorman Morphew is communicating with her best friend on social media about an upcoming wedding. According to reports, the communication suddenly stops. Sometime later, a number of social media communications occur from Suzanne's "profile" but seem out of character to immediate family members and friends.
Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Even if BM completely deleted his profile, FB servers hang on to that information for up to 90 days. If LE got Facebook subpoenas for his and SM’s account, they would show EVERYTHING their accounts did, and from which devices.

By logging in to SM’s account on his own device and pretending to be her (if that’s what he did), he shot himself in the foot with a nuclear missile.
Let’s hope he was stupid enough to do this!

I feel confident that BM had the most expensive, most popular cooler on the market. It's about image. It was probably large enough to hold Suzanne. I'm also thinking that someone would have noticed. I imagine BM liked showing off his possessions. Moo
well wildland firefighter here recommends this one so wannabee BM might like it.
see 2nd review-
Journey (88Q) Gray Cooler

Last edited:
From linked info upthread:

“I thought the pool might have been open, but it wasn’t,” Puckett said.

We know the pool was closed but wondering if there is a hot tub that could have caused the chlorine odor.
Very well could have a hot tub. Apparently, the smell was pretty powerful because even BM did not dispute it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tcat91