Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Sometimes when you skip ahead, people miss important posts.

I had to work yesterday, so I spent this morning catching up and I’m very thankful to Hoosier for bringing in this new information.

With what we know from the PE guys, it makes perfect sense that BM was using SM social media to buy some time IMO

ETA: I was trying to quote @Barry post- not sure what happened!

I'm trying to track down where this was said (they met Saturday afternoon). Does anyone have the sound bite or print media to verify?

With the new timeline verified by PE- Suzanne's communications with friend ceased at 12:30 pm MT. This particular fact becomes critical to BM's movement around the time we suspect Suzanne was not alive.

I know I read this yesterday, but now I cannot locate it.
It specifically said JP spoke to BM Saturday afternoon in Salida.
Maybe someone else can locate that exact article?

And fwiw, my iPad also has iMessage enabled on it. So I can be out of my house, texting and receiving messages, and anyone who has access to my iPad at home can read every single one of them. And actually text-“as me” from my iPad.
I can visualize those circumstances and a slow burn that suddenly reached a flash point in a separate part of the house. MOO

IMO, because it’s actually Sunday that the girls can’t reach her & the audience is supposed to believe she’s out for a bike ride.

You're correct. Duh!
Early reports (I think in the DM - I'd have to do a search to confirm) mentioned that the girls were trying to contact their mum early on Sunday to let her know that they were running late with their journey back home. The suggestion was that they intended to spend MD with her, which is why they tried to get hold of her several times throughout the day. I'll see if I can find the original reference and post it for you.

My brain ain't working today, I'm deleting this. I'm getting Saturday and Sunday mixed up.

I'm trying to track down where this was said (they met Saturday afternoon). Does anyone have the sound bite or print media to verify?

With the new timeline verified by PE- Suzanne's communications with friend ceased at 12:30 pm MT. This particular fact becomes critical to BM's movement around the time we suspect Suzanne was not alive.

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

"Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall."

ETA: In the video accompanying that news report, Lauren Scharf reports that JP told her he saw BM on Saturday afternoon in Salida, but does not give a specific time or location.

Last edited:
Barry...you've made that point more than once.....and it is huge. Algorithms aside.

L/E must get exhausted chasing down hundreds of tips that go nowhere. This one must have been a high five moment for them.

From LE’s perspective…The tip comes from an unexpected/unrelated source, out of the blue. Therefore, not tainted and seeking to influence a particular outcome. The tip comes from someone not looking for their 15 minutes. They have a report of digital evidence of a personal detail, related to the victim , that can be verified independently. I am somewhat enthralled with this detail because it gives support to a time line on when Suzanne may have died. It backs up her friends claim 100% (not that I doubted it) indicating something was up on Saturday. And if it was Saturday, it was Barry, no questions, that supports the “planted bike” theory and not a possible stranger abduction occurring on Sunday. Can you imagine @Hoosierfan72 wife plus her friends calling in this same tip? Makes it a good and valuable piece of information.

Depending on what the 'questionable text" read that her friend received later, after an abrupt disconnect, this could be part of a trifecta of digital evidence ....

I do like your suggestion to imagine hoosierfan's wife and her friends calling in the tip about the Facebook activity. My favorite part of this imagining being that the FBI would know exactly what it meant and how to mine the data. Moo

You're correct. Duh!

Earlier than 12:30? If she was still alive until 12:30 they must have gotten in touch with her because she was corresponding with her friend up until 12:30. Unless service was spotty.

Sorry if I've confused things- I meant that they were trying to get in touch with her early on Sunday. It's my understanding that Barry killed her the previous day (Saturday). He -presumably - would have known about their daughters' plans to spend some of MD with Suzanne.

I do remember hearing/reading, that JP and BM saw the other on Saturday. But I do not recall that a time was give. If it had been, I would have written in on my little handy dandy timeline. Hope we will find out, as it is extremely relevant. I'm trying to find the source, but not having any luck.
Moo
Thank you, I'm going to message Lauren and ask the question. If she answers can I share a screenshot of her answer here @Ontario Mom ?

So theoretically, BM logged into SM’s FB account to send messages as her. When he logged in as SM, the phone read his messenger contacts and sent out friend suggestions.

WOW. Normally, that might be fairly innocuous. Under the circumstances, WOW. Think of that timeline. Think of ALL those people seeing that suggestion pop up. It’s almost like a message from the voiceless. And potentially, he sent it out into the world, himself. There is some justice in that.

I’m losing hope that BM will ever put his daughters before himself. I hope the evidence is clear, for their sake.

MOO

BBM - Yes!

Do we have any ‘facts’ in this case yet?

I can say that the way I am trying to explain how Facebook works is a fact and the explanation of what they do is even provided in the link on their website.

Is it a fact that all of these BM contacts got recommendations to friend SM before she was reported missing? I have no idea, but I’m highly inclined to believe @Hoosierfan72
MOO, but as I understand it, FB algorithms are generally threshold-triggered. The details are complex and proprietary but the bottom line is that many, many, many little things — friends in common, groups in common, check-in locations, home town, schools attended, political affiliations, hobbies, recent profile views, etc. — all feed into the algorithm which affects the order in which “suggested friends” are presented. Viewing another person’s profile, by itself, doesn’t elevate your ranking on the list — it takes more for FB to assign those top slots which have real business value to FB.

SM has probably been percolating way down @Hoosierfan72’s DW’s suggested friends list for a long time. Activity that weekend bumped her profile to a top spot for some reason. MOO, but I suspect it took a number of factors to move her from an unnoticeable spot on the list to an attention-grabbing one. SM viewing DW’s profile, SM viewing DW’s friends’ profiles, a new device accessing SM’s account, messaging content that makes reference to a high school name or classmates in the course of wedding planning — all sorts of things are weighted and used by the algorithm to calculate the ranking.

IMO, the odds are good that a number of things caused the change in ranking. But if the perp was foolish enough to use his phone to log into her account — or, worse yet, then post and message as her — that’s something LE definitely knows about. (And just the kind of thing a prosecutor would love to see in a “no body” case.)

Lots of MOO here. I’ve been out of the business for a while...

Suzanne Morphew’s husband left Denver hotel, contractor claims room was “reeking of chlorine” | FOX21 News Colorado

"Puckett mentioned he saw Barry in person on Saturday, May 9, and described the work he’d been hired to do, a project involving fixing a wall."

ETA: In the video accompanying that news report, Lauren Scharf reports that JP told her he saw BM on Saturday afternoon in Salida, but does not give a specific time or location.

Yes, thank you. At :40 in, Lauren says that JP told her her saw BM Saturday afternoon, in Salida.

I know I read this yesterday, but now I cannot locate it.
It specifically said JP spoke to BM Saturday afternoon in Salida.
Maybe someone else can locate that exact article?
This Saturday time being seen in Denver by JP seems critically important.

All this travelling round is reminiscent of LS.

IMO covering up a modern impulsive crime takes on a complicated battle with electronic tracking.

LS was unaware that all newer cars have a deeper GPS, but I think everyone who reads news since then knows that their newish vehicle is not anonymous.

Practically speaking that leaves few choices for deception.

Getting hands on an older vehicles like FD did.

Doing something while being where expected to be.

Doing something on foot or with a non GPS piece of
machinery.

Handing evidence off to someone else.

Shifting the timeline to be searched.

Then running around doing a lot of things on top of a nefarious deed adds a manic layer of distraction.

After thinking about this, for me, a full land search around centered on house, radiating out a couple of miles seems like a good place to start.

Last edited:
IMO, BM never considered that by him logging in to SM’s FB account on his phone that it could be tracked.

He probably thought about texts messages and was careful with those, but not FB.

I truly believe this information will be important overall. It’s not a coincidence that these things have occurred. These things are starting to paint a picture, IMO

Yes, thank you. At :40 in, Lauren says that JP told her her saw BM Saturday afternoon, in Salida.

Why does this leave me with such a sickening feeling? Messaging ends abruptly at 12:30.... and BM is already meeting up with people by afternoon? Not too soon for that.

How'd he know where to find JP? It was the ONLY time he asked JP to work for him so how did that conversation, in person, come to be? Happenchance?

Did they meet up at the jobsite in Salida, where work may have been in full swing? Many trades. Or none. Saturday.

So.... how did he decide JP was the guy he needed.... and how did he find him?

All rhetorical questions, rolling around in my head.

JMO

I think it would be tremendously helpful if one of those friends/family that noticed whatever this social media activity was, that was "out of character" for SM, would actually tell someone what it was, specifically that her profile was doing, that might help clear the air a bit.

I mean, was she joining German death metal groups?
Did she comment on a vintage car collector page and go into detail about the engine in her '57 Chevy?
Did she become "friends" with Bollywood actresses?
Did she list that she had a chimpanzee for sale, in the Salida Marketplace?

Oddball things like that would definitely be "out of character" for her (based on what I've seen, anyway), and they'd be things her friends and family would see. But, no one has mentioned exactly what it was, that they saw - except for HoosierDW, and her friends. (But I wouldn't call that out of character, just coincidentally odd.)

jmo

I think it would be tremendously helpful if one of those friends/family that noticed whatever this social media activity was, that was "out of character" for SM, would actually tell someone what it was, specifically that her profile was doing, that might help clear the air a bit.

I mean, was she joining German death metal groups?
Did she comment on a vintage car collector page and go into detail about the engine in her '57 Chevy?
Did she become "friends" with Bollywood actresses?
Did she list that she had a chimpanzee for sale, in the Salida Marketplace?

Oddball things like that would definitely be "out of character" for her (based on what I've seen, anyway), and they'd be things her friends and family would see. But, no one has mentioned exactly what it was, that they saw - except for HoosierDW, and her friends. (But I wouldn't call that out of character, just coincidentally odd.)

jmo

And whatever that activity was, did it match her usual use of Facebook or was it more in line with his?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members