Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From linked info upthread:

“I thought the pool might have been open, but it wasn’t,” Puckett said.

We know the pool was closed but wondering if there is a hot tub that could have caused the chlorine odor.
The site does show one, right next to the pool Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Northwest - Broomfield

But I'm guessing if the pool was closed due to COVID, the hot tub, gym and buffet breakfast were also closed. That's the way it happened here - all extra amenities were immediately shut down.

Somewhere on here is information about the hot tub/sauna facilities at that Holiday Inn Express in terms of Covid. I can't find it easily, and I don't remember exactly what it said about a hot tub. It when we first started talking about the hotel and it's amenities. So although I am no help at all in that area, I know it's here, somewhere.
ETA: After looking at the hotel's site, they have a pool and sauna but it does not list hot tubs in the rooms.

I just perused the recommended hunting coolers and a highly recommended one was
a "Cordova" model- huge plus insulated w/ styrofoam and a locking cover.
2 reviews and this is SPOOKY-
one reviewer says "I'm a wildland firefighter and this cooler keeps my food and drinks cool all day."

thought- FBI is looking hard for a cooler being connected to this case.
Anyone think BM put her in the cooler, covered
with ice, stored in the hotel room while he napped and showered, maybe dismembered her in the shower area, placed parts in black garbage bags then drove around disposing parts in dumpsters or elsewhere around Denver? That wouldn't even take a bobcat.

I really do not think he would risk taking a body into the hotel.
If he did dismember her, I think he would do it in the creek /river near his home,plenty of running water.

Last edited:
Given that SM paused a conversation with a friend and was never heard from again, I have been assuming she was killed right around that time. Occasionally I'm texting with a friend and I get interrupted - I always text 'gotta go, later' and my friends do the same.

However...the house has been searched multiple times and presumably the grounds have, too. If there was blood evidence, I think LE would have found it - if not on the first search, certainly on subsequent searches.

Which leads me to wonder: did BM kill her at home in a non-bloody way or did he somehow persuade her to go somewhere with him and he murdered her there. I'm inclined towards the latter.

That said, and I shudder to post it, I believe if he had knocked her out, put her in one of his hunting coolers, and secured the cooler, he would have left little incriminating evidence at home or in any vehicle he used to move the cooler. I don't know - maybe it's possible she would have suffocated if put in a cooler while alive.

Given that SM paused a conversation with a friend and was never heard from again, I have been assuming she was killed right around that time. Occasionally I'm texting with a friend and I get interrupted - I always text 'gotta go, later' and my friends do the same.

However...the house has been searched multiple times and presumably the grounds have, too. If there was blood evidence, I think LE would have found it - if not on the first search, certainly on subsequent searches.

Which leads me to wonder: did BM kill her at home in a non-bloody way or did he somehow persuade her to go somewhere with him and he murdered her there. I'm inclined towards the latter.

That said, and I shudder to post it, I believe if he had knocked her out, put her in one of his hunting coolers, and secured the cooler, he would have left little incriminating evidence at home or in any vehicle he used to move the cooler. I don't know - maybe it's possible she would have suffocated if put in a cooler while alive.
I think anything is possible at this point, but remember, just because WE don’t know that any blood was found, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t.

I think of the strong odor of bleach in the home mentioned is very important. MOO

I think anything is possible at this point, but remember, just because WE don’t know that any blood was found, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t.

I think of the strong odor of bleach in the home mentioned is very important. MOO

agree and it also suggests COD was not strangulation but caused by trauma.

IMO, this is HUGE.

I definitely don't think there was any dismembering. He had the bobcat and the vast Colorado outdoors.

Exactly, and a good chunk of time to work. I've said it before, but who knows what sort of hidey-holes he may have found (or made) in his outdoor exploring? Or scouting to go hunting? Mine shafts, cliffs, the options are endless.

MOO

agree and it also suggests COD was not strangulation but caused by trauma.

IMO, this is HUGE.
I have thought the same. In Barry's word soup he says he did not kill his wife. Maybe in his mind he didn't. What if they were arguing about something major and he hit or pushed her and she stumbled and smacked her against on something hard like a fireplace. Then there would be blood to be cleaned up and in his thoughts could claim he didn't do it?

Good catch, >1 person at that "job interview". I would guess that a lot of his employees are paid off the books with cash. Otherwise he'd be paying a certain rate, overtime on Sundays. contracts, etc. Are they independent contractors for IRS purposes? IF so, he would send them 1099s at year's end and he would want the write off for his own records. Or is his business model to just slip buddies "good money".

At about 10:00 in the following video, AM is on the PE show, and discussing conversations he had with BM, regarding the ex employee who supposedly threatened his family (but not badly enough for BM to get his license plate or car description :rolleyes::rolleyes:...............) So AM asks BM "how did you pay your employees" BM said "mostly by check". AM was wondering if the address was on the check, but BM had secured work for the guy in his own immediate neighborhood anyway, so the address on the check wouldn't matter.

It jumped out at me that BM said he paid employees "mostly by check". A real contractor with a professional business would not do that, IMO. RE: "mostly". If paying cash he would open himself up to lawsuits by angry ex-employees claiming that they hadn't really been paid, and he would need proof of the employee payment as a bonafide business expense. Yes I realize there could have been electronic transfers instead of checks, or physical receipts for cash payments, but I doubt that in this case, just a hunch.

Relative to "I'll pay you good money" this would be true for employees from Salida if BM sent them to work on the RTD project as BM is required to pay either Prevailing Wage or Wages pursuant to Davis-Bacon Act on public works contracts. (See pgs 13-16 linked below).

It appears that RTD construction contractors are required to use the Davis-Bacon so employees have to be paid weekly, and paid an hourly wage rate, plus fringe benefit rate to each employee. I'd say that the three employees "jumped on it."

I have no idea what BM's labor practices are on private jobs but there's no skirting the law here as it's a federal offense.

https://www.rtd-denver.com/sites/default/files/files/2017-06/ftaterms.pdf

Just some spitballing on what the ‘unusual activity’ that friends and family noticed could be that occurred on SM’s social media profile:

-It could be referencing a large volume of people getting friend suggestions for SM as we’ve already covered.
-It could be that it showed SM as ‘online’ or ‘logged in’ at really late hours of the night, like after 2am. Does anyone know how Facebook or the messenger app shows people being online or available? Say Barry was working into the wee hours and continued to check her profile to make sure there wasn’t any concerned messages, would it show weird stuff like ‘SM last online at 3am” or something like that?
-It could be BM looking at, liking, or doing who know what’s while accidentally still logged in as SM

Just some spitballing on what the ‘unusual activity’ that friends and family noticed could be that occurred on SM’s social media profile:

-It could be referencing a large volume of people getting friend suggestions for SM as we’ve already covered.
-It could be that it showed SM as ‘online’ or ‘logged in’ at really late hours of the night, like after 2am. Does anyone know how Facebook or the messenger app shows people being online or available? Say Barry was working into the wee hours and continued to check her profile to make sure there wasn’t any concerned messages, would it show weird stuff like ‘SM last online at 3am” or something like that?
-It could be BM looking at, liking, or doing who know what’s while accidentally still logged in as SM

Like looking at questionable material?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member