Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought to add to the "out of character " FB activity. Perhaps BM is a poor writer and friends and family of Suzanne know she was the opposite. In fact, given her teaching experience, she likely took great care with the written word.

We are all aware of BM's screwy syntax from his audio and video appearances in addition to his ham-fisted writing from the receipt.

It's a small leap to imagine his typing, punctuation, spelling, and composition skills are glaringly different from SM's.

It would be strange if he could hire people off the street without being covered by a contract for a government job.
Anyway, my point remains that if someone told me face to face that they mostly paid employees by check, I'd have a permanent eyebrow raised. I saw this all the time in commercial fishing where crew were paid carelessly, and it sometimes came back to bite the person who didn't use a check. But it could be very helpful to an employer who wanted to have profit increased on paper for loans, etc.
I am a union plumber familiar with Davis Bacon - a law that requires the "prevailing wage" to be paid to all employees whether union or scab-I mean non- union on any project that uses public funds. The red tape and or paperwork required - I am not privy to as I never tried to become big time. I can add- that the ABC which is a huge non union contractor association (all non-union) and which has a lobby in D.C., and which is behind all the anti union stuff being passed - is a mean spirited group dedicated to lining their pockets at the expense of the working man's back. That said it would not surprise me if the usual suspect got hooked up with a ABC contractor and maybe sub-contracted using a 1099 form and then paid cash-to any criminal he hired to do the actual work....the paperwork would probably only need to show 104 hours @ $125 per hour paid to the usual suspect, and there is nobody going around and checking to see if the paperwork is legit IMO ( just like the permit process is manipulated , which I spoke to a while back.) So consider the source- and ask yourself would a ABC contractor be deceitful on his paperwork? Less regulation anyways now. I bet that company is crossing their i's and dotting their t's as you read this after it all came out. Motown IMO ( And their are some shady union contractors to be fair)

I just perused the recommended hunting coolers and a highly recommended one was
a "Cordova" model- huge plus insulated w/ styrofoam and a locking cover.
2 reviews and this is SPOOKY-
one reviewer says "I'm a wildland firefighter and this cooler keeps my food and drinks cool all day."

thought- FBI is looking hard for a cooler being connected to this case.
Anyone think BM put her in the cooler, covered
with ice, stored in the hotel room while he napped and showered, maybe dismembered her in the shower area, placed parts in black garbage bags then drove around disposing parts in dumpsters or elsewhere around Denver? That wouldn't even take a bobcat.

You’ve got a great point! He had ample time apparently! All evidence would probably be gone unless FBI white gloved that room right away.

I’ve had a nagging thought since the missing coolers was brought up. Did he bury her 4-6 feet under sealed in a cooler, maybe a few small boulders on top of burial spot? Used another cooler for his clothes, her clothes etc., if he didn’t have time to dismember her.

If he was careful not to get evidence (blood, tissue, etc) on outside of coolers, I’m not sure the dogs would pick up a scent if the coolers were good quality and sealed shut!

Racking my pea-size brain trying to figure out what this ‘man’ did to this beautiful soul!

edited to add I’m no expert on search/recovery dogs, no experience with them. But those coolers can seal very tight!

Last edited:
I think he put her in a cooler to conceal her body in the bed of his truck. No one would give that a second thought. I think this is Frazee with the tote all over again.

Dismembering a body and spreading it around, multiplies your odds of getting caught. Find one part, and you have your case.

I don’t think anything like that happened, as dismemberment is rare on the whole.
I was stupid enough to go to Walmart today hunting for rocking chairs on clearance and saw all those very large coolers lined up in shelves next to camping and outdoor stuff - boy did I get a chill... I think you are right about how she was removed from the house - I’m still considering what happened after
JMO

It would be strange if he could hire people off the street without being covered by a contract for a government job.
Anyway, my point remains that if someone told me face to face that they mostly paid employees by check, I'd have a permanent eyebrow raised. I saw this all the time in commercial fishing where crew were paid carelessly, and it sometimes came back to bite the person who didn't use a check. But it could be very helpful to an employer who wanted to have profit increased on paper for loans, etc.
I've said that all along, paying an employee cash saves the employer money. No payroll taxes or workman's comp, assuming he even runs the other employees through payroll. Maybe he plays the miss-classification game and calls them independent contractors (1099), who knows.

You’ve got a great point! He had ample time apparently! All evidence would probably be gone unless FBI white gloved that room right away.

I’ve had a nagging thought since the missing coolers was brought up. Did he bury her 4-6 feet under sealed in a cooler, maybe a few small boulders on top of burial spot? Used another cooler for his clothes, her clothes etc., if he didn’t have time to dismember her.

If he was careful not to get evidence (blood, tissue, etc) on outside of coolers, I’m not sure the dogs would pick up a scent if the coolers were good quality and sealed shut!

Racking my pea-size brain trying to figure out what this ‘man’ did to this beautiful soul!

You raise a good point about the use of coolers, would dogs be able to detect a body sealed tightly in a cooler? Say the body was also wrapped in a tarp and placed in the cooler? My hunch is yes but off to investigate.

I've said that all along, paying an employee cash saves the employer money. No payroll taxes or workman's comp, assuming he even runs the other employees through payroll. Maybe he plays the miss-classification game and calls them independent contractors (1099), who knows.
Yes, for services rendered. IIRC, it would be up to the hiree to file but this was ages ago and don't know CO laws.

Alright, I’m starting to think this through a little more.

I believe PE stated that it was ‘unusual activity from SM’s Profile’ that friends and family noticed.

Most of SM’s friends and family live in IN, right? And the part of IN they live in is EST whereas Salida is MT.

So if a friend of family member woke up at 6am Sunday morning, check Facebook, and it says ‘SM is online’ that would be 4am MT.

So first that would be odd, and even if it were SM logged in it would go against BM saying he left SM sleeping at 5am Sunday.

And being ‘online’ at an unusual time would qualify as odd activity from the Profile since the profile is what’s saying she’s online.

**and this is predicated on, moo, that BM logged in as SM on his phone, and was working all through the night, and checking SM’s profile to make sure no alarm type Messages were being sent or posted. **

1. We don't know if most of her friends live in IN since her friend list is private.
2. I don't think her friends/family seeing her marked as online at an odd hour would be enough for them to comment that it was "out of character" for her.
3. I suspect it was something more obviously out of character.

jmo

IMO SM's father, in Mears, Mi would have no problem allowing LE to take a sample of his own blood. I think he would have quietly agreed to that several months ago. He loves his daughter and would do anything to help.
MOO
When his dad notified him that SM was missing, AM dropped everything and was in Colorado Monday, by 5/11/20. Although full siblings only share 50% DNA, I don't think it would be of any surprise if LE did not take a blood sample from AM since investigators would need a sample ASAP to test any evidence (such as blood) found inside the residence to determine if it belonged to SM.

I'm recalling another case in MO where wife disappeared, and the house smelled of bleach (husband indicted Friday for 1st degree murder). I recall the victims parents gave their blood the same day she was reported missing after learning of the bleach.

Where was BM's Project?
On my way to Boulder, I stopped by the northbound Flatiron Park & Ride, which is very near this hotel. The parking lot is about twenty feet below the platform, and there is a large concrete retaining wall facing northeast. It appears that there was recent construction activity to improve drainage on the southern end of the wall. Underground equipment adjacent to a storm drain was installed or repaired, and the site re-graded with a machine (Bobcat?) to carry water away from the wall to the drain. The site is small. I am not sure the job is complete: an equipment container and pile of dirt remain on the site. If the work BM came to Denver for was earthwork related to a wall, this could be it. As noted before, we are not sure BM had an RTD contract or subcontract, and if so what the equipment and personnel needs might be for the scope of work. But this project could be worth checking out for any folks who can. It should be posted somewhere.
@Dagliesh bbm Seems like a good possibility. I wonder if there is a way to confirm this as BM's project.
Maybe take pix to post? TiA. Or find some pix/vid from traffic reports, from local TV?
Once our construction pro's here can see pix, maybe they can tell us if it is/was BM size job (2-4 person w. Bobcat?).
Or if it called for legions, like the Great Pyramid at Giza? *

@oviedo Does it belong on Media Thread for SM? Or elsewhere? TiA.

"... tens of thousands of skilled workers. Verner posited that the labour was organized into a hierarchy, consisting of two gangs of 100,000 men, divided into five zaa or phyle of 20,000 men each, which may have been further divided according to the skills of the workers..."

From linked info upthread:

“I thought the pool might have been open, but it wasn’t,” Puckett said.

We know the pool was closed but wondering if there is a hot tub that could have caused the chlorine odor.
From the Broomfield HIE hotel photos, the hot tub is located in the pool room so I don't think so.

Yes, for services rendered. IIRC, it would be up to the hiree to file but this was ages ago and don't know CO laws.
It's all locked down now. If you pay someone over $600/yr, they are sent a 1099 and you report the payments to the feds (using their TIN/SS numbers).
If the 1099 recipient does not file a tax return reporting the income, I imagine there is a cross reference check & balance whereby the IRS will pursue you mercilessly.

I think he put her in a cooler to conceal her body in the bed of his truck. No one would give that a second thought. I think this is Frazee with the tote all over again.

Dismembering a body and spreading it around, multiplies your odds of getting caught. Find one part, and you have your case.

BM would have to be a deranged sociopath to flip a switch and see his wife in terms of needing his game dressing skills to render her disposable. IMO, he would have been skating on thin mental health ice for years to crack like this...friends and family should have seen smoke signals that he was not functioning normally. Perhaps, SM finally saw the danger she was in and BM reacted to horror her by killing her.

I don’t think anything like that happened, as dismemberment is rare on the whole.

I agree with your statement...BM would have to be a deranged sociopath to flip a switch and see his wife in terms of needing his game dressing skills to render her disposable. IMO, he would have been skating on thin mental health ice for years to crack like this...friends and family should have seen smoke signals that he was not functioning normally. Perhaps, SM finally saw the danger she was in and BM reacted to horror her by killing her.

You raise a good point about the use of coolers, would dogs be able to detect a body sealed tightly in a cooler? Say the body was also wrapped in a tarp and placed in the cooler? My hunch is yes but off to investigate.
Oh goodness, thanks for taking one for the team. I’m not sure I want that in my search history! Lol.

Good thought, but I'm convinced it was far more than being online at an unusual time.
I can't remember which PE show it was on, but one of them while talking about Suzanne and her friend that Saturday. Said the friend tried to communicate right after Suzanne went missing (implied with Barry) and her efforts were not reciprocated. Anyone else remember this, how about which show it was said on?
ETA-I need to be like Fireflize and keep a notebook beside my computer :)

Found it, here's the transcript version~
so may 9th may 9th may 9th
05:54
she was in communication as some folks
05:58
have reported in the past okay
06:00
we can verify this is true okay
06:03
she was in communication saturday
06:05
afternoon
06:07
with her one of her closest friends
06:10
they were discussing an upcoming coming
06:13
wedding that everybody that people have
06:15
heard about
06:16
okay and they were texting
06:19
back and forth up until
06:22
mid-evening and then it went
06:25
silent saturday night or saturday
06:29
evening
06:31
that friend has not heard from her
06:34
girlfriend
06:36
who was planning on attending
06:39
and or being in that wedding
06:43
coveted 19 providing
06:47
they were talking about the details
06:51
that is a game changer yeah that that
06:54
really is important because now we have
06:56
in the early evening hours an absolute
07:00
halt to an ongoing conversation um
07:03
we don't know why it could be the
07:05
internet went down
07:07
it could be 100 reasons why but
07:10
behaviorally
07:11
we have to kind of look at this and say
07:13
all of a sudden something stopped
07:17
again we don't know what that is and one
07:19
of the things in that area of
07:22
colorado that we've learned is that
07:24
cellular service is poor i suspect
07:27
that there may be issues with internet
07:29
if they're relying on
07:30
satellite for internet there are so many
07:33
questions we don't have
07:35
but it doesn't just end
07:39
it it kind of changes doesn't it chris
07:42
yeah
07:42
it it does and so um
07:46
that individual was has been
07:49
con let's say diligent
07:53
trying to find her girlfriend
07:57
and has been communicating
08:00
and is not getting the reciprocating
08:04
type of responses we believe
08:08
that the police and others
08:12
are aware of this and
08:15
so we're not going to go into that piece
08:17
of the investigation because it's
08:19
ongoing
08:20
on that piece of the puzzle however

Was there a consensus on what Hoosierfan72’s info means? Seems it means SM or BM logged in to the other’s FB on their own device causing “friend SM” suggestions to pop up on BM’s friends pages, right?

Is it most likely it was BM logging in to hers on his device? That’s what I came away with, just making sure that’s what most are thinking? So of course the timing of the logging in would be crucial to the investigation.
That’s exactly what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member