Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then sometimes they get nice again to gain the control back. The cycle of abuse then continues.
moo

Yes indeed... (and then I'd take out that tattered piece of stationery and read these wise words my grandfather wrote me at Univ: when somebody shows you their character, believe them the first time).

Last edited:
This comment has always bothered me
""'The last report I got from people is that [Barry] is having a difficult time sitting still, and pacing back and forth, constantly looking out the window, hoping he can see her,' Fire Chief Robert Bertram, 40, said to Fox21. ""
I question this-- Hoping he can see here "where" ??
walking down the road ??
at the house??
with the mountain lion??
on her bike?? ( yes, I know the bike was found, {insert sarcasim}
and then I question the "pacing"
and the "it's too soon" to speak publicly about my missing wife.
I honestly don't know if drugs or alcohol are involved but there definitely was a "Trigger" moment --Unplanned ???
The messaging conversation with her friend ?? something triggered then ?
then I wonder if pre-planned-- both daughters gone for the weekend.
Maybe he was acting "funny" or "different" and SM mentioned that to her friend she was messaging.
Where are you Suzanne???
I pray she is found soon.
Husband of Suzanne Morphew is having a 'difficult time' as diggers continue construction site search | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I can see it either way too - although I believe rage can co-exist with pre-meditation. If I feel anger? What do I do? I write a long poem. I have choices. If I decide I am in a rage because Spouse enrages me - I have a choice (even if it's just a second or two - I don't have to pick up a gun or knife or punch them, right?) Rage can come, but no one is forced by it to strangle or otherwise harm someone. Killing someone takes more than just 2-3 seconds.

What you say about the time it takes to kill someone is such an important point. If we believe what happens in TV fiction, then murder is often quick and clean. As you say, it's not quick (or easy) in real life in the overwhelming majority of cases.
And I'm with you all the way re what you say about choices too. A minority will not understand the choices available; the majority of us will, and even in the space of a few seconds will be capable of making a choice, and understand the potential consequences associated with it.

just heading back through this thread....gets away sometimes!
just in the flow of chat with premed or not convo....

I don't think premed either.

It will be one of 2 things and BOTH see Suzanne as the powerplayer. (something Barry is not used to.)

Suzanne entering a new phase of her life and wanted OUT.
Barry had 1 too many affairs and drove her to enough...no more.

Either way I suspect Suzanne was in the prelim stages of escaping this life.

moo

I am interested in BM’s father and if he is still alive? I’m asking @Ontario Mom and @sillybilly whether this can even be discussed? Also wondering if @Hoosierfan72 is able to share any info DW may have. TIA

also I hope I got the hoosier member’s name correctly and if not please lmk. Again TIA!
I don't have anything to contribute re: BMs father (would probably count as sleuthing BM anyway).
Not much else to add, other than BM was a normal guy growing up. Not a hothead. Not a creep. Not a jerk. Not perfect, but nothing that would stand out as anything concerning. MOO.

Agreed. A guy with no history of violence, and no history of marital strife, just doesn’t do something like this.

Unless he lost his temper, which I believe he did.
JMO but I think it's a little too soon to say there was no history of marital strife. I am thinking there's more SM's family would like to share in regards to SM and BM's marriage/relationship but they know doing so now could be detrimental to the case/current situation but in time, it will come out. I could be wrong about this but only time will tell. Again, this is JMO/thoughts at this time.

JMO but I think it's a little too soon to say there was no history of marital strife. I am thinking there's more SM's family would like to share in regards to SM and BM's marriage/relationship but they know doing so now could be detrimental to the case/current situation but in time, it will come out. I could be wrong about this but only time will tell. Again, this is JMO/thoughts at this time.
I agree
Beautiful people .....Barry and Suzanne depict this in their social media 100%
Image was very very important to both of them.
You don't see alot in reference to her cancer battle more showing the world my life is amazing! and it sure does appear that way. All their pictures are extremely enviable, all the holidays and tanned gorgeous bodies and super white smiles.:)

These social medias are common and why I don't bother with it much.

Just in my own social medias circles the amount of false representation people I love and respect project outwardly is eye rollingly pathetic.

The more perfect and ideal the projection presented the bigger the fall behind the scenes and the more likely this person will go to very big lengths to keep the negatives on the down low.

BUT close friends and relatives know the truth. It will all rare its ugliness no matter how hard one tries to hide it.o_O

moo

I think SUZANNE will be found. I have no inside knowledge, this is strictly MO.

The national forest to the south of the Morphew house seems a possible place for a burial. Go up during the afternoon hours on Saturday (after SM’s conversation with her friend comes to a halt, and before or after meeting with JP), prep a location, and take SUZANNE there after sunset.

Since there was almost a full moon the night of May 9 in the Salida area, it might be possible to move through the woods with just the moon light. Especially if you’ve just been there.

But if BM used a cooler to transport SUZANNE, then this behind-his-house scenario is less likely.

If he hauled the cooler ala Frazee (in the bed of a pickup), then it seems he would have to leave her somewhere along the route(s) he is now known (by LE) to have traveled that Saturday or Sunday. His timing will have to match digital records.

Another poster speculated that maybe SUZANNE was not on board with buying that lot in Salida. I’ve wondered that, too. (I do believe the sale of the IN house was with her knowledge and approval—and done a year prior to her going missing.)

I don’t know where the info came from that the lot in Salida might be for BM’s mother. I wondered if he was planning to build a spec house with some construction buddies.

Or maybe a little pied-à-terre for certain, um, business meetings.

Extra prayers for SUZANNE and her daughters tonight.

I agree
You don't see alot in reference to her cancer battle more showing the world my life is amazing! and it sure does appear that way. All their pictures are extremely enviable, all the holidays and tanned gorgeous bodies and super white smiles.:)

Just in my own social medias circles the amount of false representation people I love and respect project outwardly is eye rollingly pathetic.

The more perfect and ideal the projection presented the bigger the fall behind the scenes and the more likely this person will go to very big lengths to keep the negatives on the down low.

BUT close friends and relatives know the truth. It will all rare its ugliness no matter how hard one tries to hide it.o_O

moo

Very good point, k-mac

SM's social media seemed to have dropped out and became entirely private when she was diagnosed and was in treatment for her cancer, both times. Which is entirely understandable.

I can understand the need for privacy, but I did find it a bit surprising, too that there hadn't been general updates, or photos with her daughters and BM, as they had before.

I also had a little alarm bell go off in my head when I saw BM with the bleached hair and tanning.

Seemed a bit, off, for an outdoorsy-hunter type guy over the age of 30

I also think they are thinking of the girls. I don't think they have access to the girls right now and I'll bet they had been close with them. They are probably trying to not rock the boat. I would think the girls are very confused right now.
This situation has far reaching results imo. I hope (and think) they are temporary.
moo

I agree

moo
so true...the more clearasil you put on a pimple the more noticeable it is.

I think SUZANNE will be found. I have no inside knowledge, this is strictly MO.

The national forest to the south of the Morphew house seems a possible place for a burial. Go up during the afternoon hours on Saturday (after SM’s conversation with her friend comes to a halt, and before or after meeting with JP), prep a location, and take SUZANNE there after sunset.

Since there was almost a full moon the night of May 9 in the Salida area, it might be possible to move through the woods with just the moon light. Especially if you’ve just been there.

But if BM used a cooler to transport SUZANNE, then this behind-his-house scenario is less likely.

If he hauled the cooler ala Frazee (in the bed of a pickup), then it seems he would have to leave her somewhere along the route(s) he is now known (by LE) to have traveled that Saturday or Sunday. His timing will have to match digital records.

Another poster speculated that maybe SUZANNE was not on board with buying that lot in Salida. I’ve wondered that, too. (I do believe the sale of the IN house was with her knowledge and approval—and done a year prior to her going missing.)

I don’t know where the info came from that the lot in Salida might be for BM’s mother. I wondered if he was planning to build a spec house with some construction buddies.

Or maybe a little pied-à-terre for certain, um, business meetings.

Extra prayers for SUZANNE and her daughters tonight.
Yes...and I might add, BM's behavior seems ritualistic to me...I can see him taking great care to provide SM with a highly dignified burial...a place where he can visit often and pay his respect.

Very good point, k-mac

SM's social media seemed to have dropped out and became entirely private when she was diagnosed and was in treatment for her cancer, both times. Which is entirely understandable.

I can understand the need for privacy, but I did find it a bit surprising, too that there hadn't been general updates, or photos with her daughters and BM, as they had before.

I also had a little alarm bell go off in my head when I saw BM with the bleached hair and tanning.

Seemed a bit, off, for an outdoorsy-hunter type guy over the age of 30
BM and Sm's public personae reminds me of the British sitcom Keeping Up Appearances. BM could be Hyacinth Bucket, while SM is Richard Bucket--a wife who struggled to do everything to please her husband, while minimizing her existence...even in the face of suffering twice a devastating illness, she still projected an image of perfect family beauty.

BM appears a lot slimmer in that image. Way less bulk. For some reason I have always thought of him being bigger and bulkier like he is now, due to his occupation.

There's only one way you can gain that much more muscle at his age and its not natural. Also as somebody who has worked in construction on and off literally my entire life ( my dad is a property renovator) Construction work doesn't actually build much muscle its just that a large proportion of people that work construction do so because they are naturally big and strong anyway.

Yes...and I might add, BM's behavior seems ritualistic to me...I can see him taking great care to provide SM with a highly dignified burial...a place where he can visit often and pay his respect.
What did you think about AM saying that BM laid down on that bluff during the search right after Suzanne went missing? Possible burial site?

What did you think about AM saying that BM laid down on that bluff during the search right after Suzanne went missing? Possible burial site?

I can't see him laying down at a burial site, laying down is such a weird thing to do as it is, it would only bring attention to anybody that saw him do it, Unless there was something on the floor, some kind of evidence he had left behind and laid down to quickly to cover it up and retrieve it before somebody noticed it.

Enough BM language now available IMO to do a little analysis of a uhh at he says.
Appears to be a compartamentalizing.

"I loved my wife"
isn't "I did not kill my wife"

"I would never hurt her." Isn't "I did not kill my wife"

"I did nothing wrong at the hotel." Isn't "I did not do anything wrong."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors