Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be careful way to hide and memorialize SM in a strange way. Harking back to Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart, and the Black Cat...where the protagonist walls up their nemesis only to find they can't escape their own haunting thoughts--BM does seems to fit Poe's psychological profile--staunch invincibility riddled with guilt.
Well I HOPE he’s riddled with guilt but I'm not so sure....o_O

Its a courageous occupation for professionals and volunteer and I, too, am glad we have them. I have a nephew in FDNY and I have a ton of respect for him and his fellow firefighters. I did NOT post this to disparage firefighters and I certainly didn’t say it applies to all firefighters. I’m kind of at a loss to see how it could be interpreted in that way. I posted my opinion and experience with volunteers I’ve known through the years because, in this case, I think it could apply to BM.

I understand what you are saying. However, I believe his personality type could be found in any profession. I’m sure we have all seen it.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, it seems firefighters and LE in general are getting a bum rap in this country. I will stand for them every opportunity I get.

My comment wasn’t directed at you but it was a reply to the general consensus we are hearing on the news every day.

I’m grateful for volunteers in every walk of life and narcissists can be found everywhere.

Question about the spotty cell coverage by the house-would a landline work just fine? I have a rarely used landline, because I like the quality of the conversation on it for certain stuff. No echo, no dropping of calls. My question is, in an area like this, would a landline be something you would keep just so you had an option when your cell service was lousy and you wanted to make a certain call, or your security cameras operated better using it as the connection? If a landline had no better service than cell, I would understand removing a landline. But I don’t think I would remove it if it was better, and money wasn’t tight.

I understand what you are saying. However, I believe his personality type could be found in any profession. I’m sure we have all seen it.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, it seems firefighters and LE in general are getting a bum rap in this country. I will stand for them every opportunity I get.

My comment wasn’t directed at you but it was a reply to the general consensus we are hearing on the news every day.

I’m grateful for volunteers in every walk of life and narcissists can be found everywhere.
I think the reason there are more chances of infidelity with Fire Fighters is they spend a lot of time at the Firehouse where sleepovers are more likely to happen.

Question about the spotty cell coverage by the house-would a landline work just fine? I have a rarely used landline, because I like the quality of the conversation on it for certain stuff. No echo, no dropping of calls. My question is, in an area like this, would a landline be something you would keep just so you had an option when your cell service was lousy and you wanted to make a certain call, or your security cameras operated better using it as the connection? If a landline had no better service than cell, I would understand removing a landline. But I don’t think I would remove it if it was better, and money wasn’t tight.
Yes...absolutely agree with you...a landline is still used in a lot of rural areas without cell towers or with spotty cell tower coverage--security systems (ADT) still work great with landlines...l live in a rural area with a landline hooked to an ADT system, and wonder why someone wouldn't have a landline if cell phone coverage wasn't available.

It seems rather counter productive to me that if you have garbage cell reception, you'd get rid of your landline. It's not like the Morphew household didn't have the budget to cover a landline.

I continue to wonder about the Salida construction site searched so extensively by LE. I understand that ground penetrating radar is severely limited by less-than-ideal environmental conditions. Colorado's clays and silts have high electrical conductivity that causes loss of signal strength, and our rocky soils can scatter the GPR signal, weakening the useful signal while increasing extraneous noise. It's haunting to think SM's remains were buried too deeply under the concrete to be detected by this technology.

What did you think about AM saying that BM laid down on that bluff during the search right after Suzanne went missing? Possible burial site?

Nope.

This was pure theatrics.

It was simply one more in a series of staged scenes.

In this performance, he was acting the part of the distraught, emotionally overwrought husband.
It was all done for effect, i.e., to impress his audience.
Had he been alone at the time, he wouldn't have bothered with the dramatic prostrate-and-moaning display.

It's nothing but fakery.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes...absolutely agree with you...a landline is still used in a lot of rural areas without cell towers or with spotty cell tower coverage--security systems (ADT) still work great with landlines...l live in a rural area with a landline hooked to an ADT system, and wonder why someone wouldn't have a landline if cell phone coverage wasn't available.

We live in a rural area and have a home phone but it really isn’t considered a land line. The land lines are all owned by ATT and rented out and where we live there are no more land lines and none are being created anymore, anywhere (or so ATT explained to me).
Everything is by satellite and cell towers. And Cordless phones aren’t true land lines so my service is better with my cell phone. It’s powered by Verizon. If there is a power outage, a cordless phone In your home is only good up to 6 to 9 hours. And as well are all aware, our cell phones fully charged are only good for a few hours. Mine lasts 24 depending on usage. I doubt a true land line is even available where BM lives.

It seems rather counter productive to me that if you have garbage cell reception, you'd get rid of your landline. It's not like the Morphew household didn't have the budget to cover a landline.

Perhaps not having a landline was a way Barry could restrict the contact Suzanne had with friends and particularly her family.

Nope.

This was pure theatrics.

In this performance, he was acting the part of the distraught, emotionally overwrought husband.
Had he been alone at the time, he wouldn't have bothered with the dramatic prostrate-and-moaning display.

It's nothing but fakery.

JMO.
As fake as his 21 second forced brow furrow.

Well I HOPE he’s riddled with guilt but I'm not so sure....o_O

You have to have a conscience to experience guilt.

He's not riddled with guilt.

He's riddled with anxiety.

He knows it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out:

"The Emperor has no clothes."

He's going to be exposed, naked and full frontal to the public eye.

It ain't going to be a pretty sight.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes....as far as my experience. Down in a hollow here and used to need to walk up the hill to use a cell phone...better over the years with more towers. Never a problem with a land line, even 30 years ago. . Note, Andy mentioned twice the neighbor had her Landline...that's how she called the police. If true, I understand the Morphew property use to have a landline and it was disconnected. You would think in a million+ dollar house $12 a month for a landline would be money well spent just for the insurance of an emergency contact etc...it would be well worth the cost. If there wasn't one who wouldn't put one in? Plus as reported everywhere in MSM the cell service in that area is notoriously spotty. It's almost as if he didn't want the security...

We live in a rural area and have a home phone but it really isn’t considered a land line. The land lines are all owned by ATT and rented out and where we live there are no more land lines and none are being created anymore, anywhere (or so ATT explained to me).
Everything is by satellite and cell towers. And Cordless phones aren’t true land lines so my service is better with my cell phone. It’s powered by Verizon. If there is a power outage, a cordless phone In your home is only good up to 6 to 9 hours. And as well are all aware, our cell phones fully charged are only good for a few hours. Mine lasts 24 depending on usage. I doubt a true land line is even available where BM lives.

The Morphews' immediate neighbor had a landline. She returned home to use it, to contact LE.

JMO

I think the reason there are more chances of infidelity with Fire Fighters is they spend a lot of time at the Firehouse where sleepovers are more likely to happen.

MOO If a spouse is a cheater at heart, it doesn’t matter what he does for a living. They will always find an excuse for an extra “hunting trip”, out of town business, long lunch. Etc etc.

i think being a firefighter has little to do with cheating on a spouse. Most firefighters I’ve known have extra side businesses they start up bc of days off. Maybe a moving service, landscaping, home repairs, etc.

Nope.

This was pure theatrics.

It's nothing but fakery.

JMO.
This horse has long since gone to heaven, but what he isn't doing is where the real clues are. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia