Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to wonder about the Salida construction site searched so extensively by LE. I understand that ground penetrating radar is severely limited by less-than-ideal environmental conditions. Colorado's clays and silts have high electrical conductivity that causes loss of signal strength, and our rocky soils can scatter the GPR signal, weakening the useful signal while increasing extraneous noise. It's haunting to think SM's remains were buried too deeply under the concrete to be detected by this technology.

Being involved in a wee bit of construction work, I'd simply like to share....the current job site where I occasionally work goes down 11 feet just to hook up to certain utilities. The right equipment can easily dig a rather deep hole.

As fake as his 21 second forced brow furrow.

Speaking of that, it's worth going back and watching that 26-second video with the audio muted.

When I focused on just the visual display, what I immediately noticed was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

As you noted, his forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout.

There was 0 facial movement.

That struck me as highly unusual.
When people are genuinely emotional, they tend to be highly animated.
To me, this indicates that BM was aware of and consciously controlling his facial expressions.

Keeping the mask firmly in place.

JMO.

Very unlikely :( MOO
Just a contrasting thought...imo, there seemed to be a strong love in BM and SM's relationship--despite the power imbalance between them. I think BM depended on Suzanne for his sense of self-worth, making him vulnerable to a fear of losing control should she ever decide to withdraw her support. Now, he might be second guessing his actions if he is responsible for her disappearance and death. The phantom limb comes to mind. SM is gone, but BM is still experiencing his attachment to her.

Nope.

This was pure theatrics.

It was simply one more in a series of staged scenes.

In this performance, he was acting the part of the distraught, emotionally overwrought husband.
It was all done for effect, i.e., to impress his audience.
Had he been alone at the time, he wouldn't have bothered with the dramatic prostrate-and-moaning display.

It's nothing but fakery.

JMO.
Or fear...

Just a contrasting thought...imo, there seemed to be a strong love in BM and SM's relationship--despite the power imbalance between them. I think BM depended on Suzanne for his sense of self-worth, making him vulnerable to a fear of losing control should she ever decide to withdraw her support. Now, he might be second guessing his actions if he is responsible for her disappearance and death. The phantom limb comes to mind. SM is gone, but BM is still experiencing his attachment to her.
Excellent thought, and that would lead to him unraveling soon. MOO.

MOD NOTE:

Much clean up here this morning. o_O

Please remember, if you can't LINK to it because it's not an approved source for this forum,
you can't post about it either.

Please ONLY post links to approved sources.
Y'all know the rules.

I think the reason there are more chances of infidelity with Fire Fighters is they spend a lot of time at the Firehouse where sleepovers are more likely to happen.

Is it a sleepover or work?

I immediately think of ER professionals, police officers, paramedics, airline workers, etc.

I’m not comfortable putting them into a profession that is most likely to cheat. IMO

This will be my only comment on this subject but I absolutely agree with @Love Never Fails

I think SUZANNE will be found. I have no inside knowledge, this is strictly MO.

The national forest to the south of the Morphew house seems a possible place for a burial. Go up during the afternoon hours on Saturday (after SM’s conversation with her friend comes to a halt, and before or after meeting with JP), prep a location, and take SUZANNE there after sunset.

Since there was almost a full moon the night of May 9 in the Salida area, it might be possible to move through the woods with just the moon light. Especially if you’ve just been there.

But if BM used a cooler to transport SUZANNE, then this behind-his-house scenario is less likely.

If he hauled the cooler ala Frazee (in the bed of a pickup), then it seems he would have to leave her somewhere along the route(s) he is now known (by LE) to have traveled that Saturday or Sunday. His timing will have to match digital records.

Another poster speculated that maybe SUZANNE was not on board with buying that lot in Salida. I’ve wondered that, too. (I do believe the sale of the IN house was with her knowledge and approval—and done a year prior to her going missing.)

I don’t know where the info came from that the lot in Salida might be for BM’s mother. I wondered if he was planning to build a spec house with some construction buddies.

Or maybe a little pied-à-terre for certain, um, business meetings.

Extra prayers for SUZANNE and her daughters tonight.
bbm
This ! ^^^

My opinion is that she's nowhere near the house.
But I'd assume LE are following BM's gps/digital trail.
IF BM had help, then it'll be nearly impossible.

So sad for her daughters and the Moorman family. :(

Speaking of that, it's worth going back and watching that 26-second video with the audio muted.

When I focused on just the visual display, what I immediately noticed was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

As you noted, his forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout.

To me, this indicates that BM was aware of and consciously controlling his facial expressions.

JMO.
Someone suggested this at the time (it may have even been you) so I did go back and watch with the audio muted.
It does indeed look as if he's far more focused on maintaining that facial expression than anything else.
Try it yourself, in the mirror.
Stand in front of the mirror, put on that furrowed brow expression, then say the alphabet (1 letter for each second) and see if you can maintain that same face, all the way through.
What you'll notice is, that facial expression is very deliberate.
You really do have to work at it.

jmo

Morning all
So just to be clear... I am not sayibg BM is not involved or is involved. When this whole thing started he seemed like the number 1 suspect. He was the last one to see her as far as we know. This case has just gotten to a point where other options have to also be looked at. I think the fact that they searched the house twice says something. I think they found evidence that has not yet been shared. I don't know why he has avoided the media and yes I think it all seems strange. He has set this up in way where he has taken enough turns to confuse and misdirect the entire situation. IMO SM will not be found anywhere near the property. He took too many crazy measures to let her be found that close.

JMO.

yes..true...but men are also socialized to be stoic, strong-willed, and self-contained when faced with a hardship. BM's impenetrable veneer in the video was more a taught survival mechanism than a willed attempt to deceive, imo.

not so sure about BM having any real love for SM. Not love as we normals know it.
But I'm speculating because I've seen this in other controlling self centered men, and that's
a Co-Dependency. Where the weaker partner
provides some strength and support to the authoritative partner. But it's all behind the scene because #1 take all the credit for success.

These men typically, IME, cannot live without
being attached. They also typically have the next partner lined up and waiting in the wings
while they get rid of the current partner who is
not totally onboard w/ being the acquiescing
spouse.

They play the game w/ the current spouse for the time being while lining up her replacement.
Once the replacement is securely in place, they have no more use for the current mate.

Now I wonder if the replacement may be having second thoughts due to the publicity and possibility of him having murdered his current wife and the replacement is getting cold feet and distancing herself from him.

It wouldn't be much fun being interrogated by LE to rule out she was involved somehow.
Scarey situation no matter how enamored she was of her new paramour.

Look up Co-Dependency. This may be what @10 of Rods was asking about earlier.

BBM:

I think this is a complete misread of their relationship.

I think what BM and SM shared was the fact that they were both in love with the same person.

Which is to say, they both loved BM.

JMO.

Re: report of BM laying down on the ground during a search for his missing wife

The only people i know that throw or place themselves on the ground, (very carefully);) when life is overwhelming or stressful, are toddlers

I have however seen grieving adults look up or raise their arms to the sky/heavens

My view/experience

You have to have a conscience to experience guilt.

He's not riddled with guilt.

He's riddled with anxiety.

He knows it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out:

"The Emperor has no clothes."

He's going to be exposed, naked and full frontal to the public eye.

It ain't going to be a pretty sight.

JMO.
Yeah, he can't keep that finger in the dam much longer.

If those posters with a glowing Suzanne featuring her diamond ring didn't nag at his conscience, the publicity of the search for Suzanne has to be driving him crazy. Not to mention everything else that has become public in the last couple of weeks.

I think he should take Andy's advice and step up to the plate.

BBM:

I think this is a complete misread of their relationship.

I think what BM and SM shared was the fact that they were both in love with the same person.

Which is to say, they both loved BM.

JMO.
They definitely mirrored each other in their family pictures together...SM didn't look like she was without her own identity though, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot