Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all
So just to be clear... I am not sayibg BM is not involved or is involved. When this whole thing started he seemed like the number 1 suspect. He was the last one to see her as far as we know. This case has just gotten to a point where other options have to also be looked at. I think the fact that they searched the house twice says something. I think they found evidence that has not yet been shared. I don't know why he has avoided the media and yes I think it all seems strange. He has set this up in way where he has taken enough turns to confuse and misdirect the entire situation. IMO SM will not be found anywhere near the property. He took too many crazy measures to let her be found that close.
I appreciate your reserve, notwithstanding the focus on BS. Statistics alone make him the only significant blip on the radar: about 50% of women who are murdered in the US are killed by a male intimate partner, and from what we hear about her character and beliefs, it seems likely that BM is SM's only "intimate partner.": fatal cougar attacks are vanishingly rare; and serial killers account for only .0004 percent of murder victims. Looking at the M's isolated home in the vast national forest, the likelihood of a stranger abduction seems inconceivable and it is, in fact, statistically unlikely. So, focus on BM has a rational basis.

Even so, I have learned to reserve judgment. I am a student of forensic psychology (not an expert) and here are some things I have learned:

In 2006, Charles Bond and Bella DePaulo statistically synthesized the results from 384 research studies that tested the lie-detecting powers of more than 24,000 people. Their findings were as follows: people can do better than chance in distinguishing truth from lies, but not by much. The overall rate of accuracy was 54%, little better than flipping a coin.

In another study, police detectives and college students judged the truthfulness of videotaped confessions given by prison inmates, as to crimes they did or did not commit. College students performed slightly better than chance, but police detectives did not. Nonetheless, the detectives were significantly more confident about the accuracy of their judgments; that they showed a bias toward judging false confessions as true, and that their tendency to infer guilt increased with their job experience and interrogation training (Kassin, Meissner, & Norwick, 2005).

Unfortunately, the behavioral cues interrogators are trained to focus on (e.g., crossing legs, shifting and fidgeting, grooming gestures, avoiding eye contact - the "liar's stereotype") are flawed indicators of deception. (Masip & Herrero, 2015). The detectives' flawed perceptions tend to fuel confirmation bias, our human tendency to seek out evidence that confirms our strong beliefs and dismiss evidence that contradicts those beliefs (Meissner & Kassin, 2004).

We all have this tendency. The best investigators, aware of their own potential for this bias, reserve judgment and keep their minds open for evidence of alternate possibilities, however remote, even as they gather evidence about the possibility that an intimate partner was involved. I am pleased to see that the CCSO is maintaining this reserve and avoiding "tunnel vision."

MOO...there are alot of factors to consider. The operator, how much experience they have,and the soil. If you have a seasoned professional operator in rocky soil or soil with tree roots, a bobcat, the right attachments, i would guess a hour plus.

Not very long then, if the “operator“ has 30 years experience in landscaping using digging equipment. Smdh!

Where are you Suzanne?

*shivers* of memories that LE dug up the entire front area in front of the Frazee house, for which we saw aerials afterwards.

Then to only find out from the co-conspirator, who led LE to such, that the site of interest was on his property, yet in another area. Burned in a plastic tote. It was way back behind the house, yet on his property, where the burn happened and covered up there with soil and toppings.
I have to wonder if another person could be involved and will maybe 'talk' ?
Either that, or LE finds Suzanne.
I want justice yesterday ; but have to be patient.
MOO

If FB also uses IP addresses as part of their algorithm, then it's one more reason for me to dislike FB!!

I know that google reads my IP address (laptop) to suggest things to me with my searches although I have my "location" set to "private."

I don't think it's possible to hide or set my IP address to private(?)

O/T Public Service Announcement

Get a VPN. Everyone is watching all the time. Its gross.

Speaking of that, it's worth going back and watching that 26-second video with the audio muted.

When I focused on just the visual display, what I immediately noticed was that BM's facial expression did not alter whatsoever…and by that I mean, not even a flicker.

As you noted, his forehead is heavily furrowed, and watching his face, the lines/wrinkles in his forehead remained completely frozen throughout.

There was 0 facial movement.

That struck me as highly unusual.
When people are genuinely emotional, they tend to be highly animated.
To me, this indicates that BM was aware of and consciously controlling his facial expressions.

Keeping the mask firmly in place.

JMO.
I still think it was TN’s idea to make the video. And in hindsight, both BM and TN, for different reasons, regret ever producing it.
JMO

Yes this is what I was thinking or she had no Pw at all for her device and all of them stored in an accessible file - she was fighting cancer and she may have had that in place just in case ?
Imo

Password recovery via two-factor authentication usually relies upon a phone. So if you forget your 14 character password that includes capital letters, numbers, and symbols, all you need to do is enter your phone number instead (that you give to people you don't know all the time). If a person wanted to change the password for someone else and he had access to her phone, this would be the likely method. IMO

MOO
Gosh I hope someone talks. I’m thinking there’s a decent chance someone else helped.

Also I just had a thought that I really doubt Suzanne was buried in a cooler from the house just because that would link her death right to BM and give zero room for claiming a stranger or stalker killed her. I think if she was taken out in a cooler that cooler was disposed of elsewhere. I hope they find her too, but I’ll be surprised if they do.

Unless someone talks.

MOO

If another person is involved and decides to talk are LE able to make a deal with them and not charge them for their part in things if they give evidence against the main perpetrator?

Question about the spotty cell coverage by the house-would a landline work just fine? I have a rarely used landline, because I like the quality of the conversation on it for certain stuff. No echo, no dropping of calls. My question is, in an area like this, would a landline be something you would keep just so you had an option when your cell service was lousy and you wanted to make a certain call, or your security cameras operated better using it as the connection? If a landline had no better service than cell, I would understand removing a landline. But I don’t think I would remove it if it was better, and money wasn’t tight.

I have a land line for phone and internet. I have to walk up a hill to get cell service where I live. I guarantee, if I can afford both, BM could. maybe he was just fine with spotty service for Suzanne.
Moo

I appreciate your reserve, notwithstanding the focus on BS. Statistics alone make him the only significant blip on the radar: about 50% of women who are murdered in the US are killed by a male intimate partner, and from what we hear about her character and beliefs, it seems likely that BM is SM's only "intimate partner.": fatal cougar attacks are vanishingly rare; and serial killers account for only .0004 percent of murder victims. Looking at the M's isolated home in the vast national forest, the likelihood of a stranger abduction seems inconceivable and it is, in fact, statistically unlikely. So, focus on BM has a rational basis.

Even so, I have learned to reserve judgment. I am a student of forensic psychology (not an expert) and here are some things I have learned:

In 2006, Charles Bond and Bella DePaulo statistically synthesized the results from 384 research studies that tested the lie-detecting powers of more than 24,000 people. Their findings were as follows: people can do better than chance in distinguishing truth from lies, but not by much. The overall rate of accuracy was 54%, little better than flipping a coin.

In another study, police detectives and college students judged the truthfulness of videotaped confessions given by prison inmates, as to crimes they did or did not commit. College students performed slightly better than chance, but police detectives did not. Nonetheless, the detectives were significantly more confident about the accuracy of their judgments; that they showed a bias toward judging false confessions as true, and that their tendency to infer guilt increased with their job experience and interrogation training (Kassin, Meissner, & Norwick, 2005).

Unfortunately, the behavioral cues interrogators are trained to focus on (e.g., crossing legs, shifting and fidgeting, grooming gestures, avoiding eye contact - the "liar's stereotype") are flawed indicators of deception. (Masip & Herrero, 2015). The detectives' flawed perceptions tend to fuel confirmation bias, our human tendency to seek out evidence that confirms our strong beliefs and dismiss evidence that contradicts those beliefs (Meissner & Kassin, 2004).

We all have this tendency. The best investigators, aware of their own potential for this bias, reserve judgment and keep their minds open for evidence of alternate possibilities, however remote, even as they gather evidence about the possibility that an intimate partner was involved. I am pleased to see that the CCSO is maintaining this reserve and avoiding "tunnel vision."

All very good points. Thank you for your detailed insight. When looking at cases like SM, I have a tendency to follow along with what small clues LE’s Investigation leads to sling the way. Right now, BM is their primary focus, for good reason, after 4 months of CCSO, CBI & FBI Investigations.

That said, 4 females a day in the U.S. are murdered by an intimate partner. DV is reaching epidemic proportions.

A lot of what we have discussed on WS will end up as actually factual regarding this case when it goes to trial. I’ll eat Barry’s shorts if I’m wrong! Lol

All MOO, MOO

Last edited:
If another person is involved and decides to talk are LE able to make a deal with them and not charge them for their part in things if they give evidence against the main perpetrator?
Not at all an expert, but yes they can make a deal! I’d be surprised if they got no charges, but at least lesser or less time or something. JMO

Not at all an expert, but yes they can make a deal! I’d be surprised if they got no charges, but at least lesser or less time or something. JMO

As DA Dan May said when dealing with Frazee’s accomplice “a deal with the devil” But it sealed Frazee’s conviction with “a no body conviction!”

Just by his body language, I think BM has probably been a bit of a hothead since he was a very young child. However, I also think he's probably come about it honestly by the way he was raised: the baby, only boy, and mom, and two older sisters that doted and indulged him. Seems he's always behaved like the little prince and expects to be treated as such.

I think I'm in the minority here because although I believe money and greed are the catalysts of BM's anger (and ultimately SM's death), I don't see a family in financial straits. Not at all. BM has been working at his craft for more than 30 years. He clearly likes what he does. We can't sleuth BM but just looking over SM's joint ownership since marriage, they've done quite well for themselves.

Personally, I've always believed that BM brings home the bacon but SM is the financial steward of this family. SM is the reason they have what they have!

I believe SM came back stronger from cancer. I think she's come to realize--probably from the new generation she raised (M & M) that BM's narcissistic rage is not normal and other people don't live walking on eggshells all the time.

I think BM has hidden behind the most decent woman ever known to many. She's been his true cover for his entire adult life. We all have that friend that we tolerate because we love the other half.

I think part of this Indiana wedding planning may have included SM's desire to extend her stay and look after her dad. COVID19 was presenting an opportunity to take her minor daughter with her given virtual classrooms. I also think the timing was right for SM-- their former residence previously sold with the final/ balloon payment due in weeks. Maybe it had been discussed before and suddenly BM saw the plan going into fruition.

I'm also not seeing any period where BM/SM have ever been apart. Maybe this would be somewhat of a trial separation for them. I think even the idea of such a thing would put BM into a blind rage. He knows that there'd be more than a good chance that SM would find she's happier on her own than with him.

More importantly, I truly believe just the idea (real or perceived) of BM having to divide his kingdom could cause him to go unhinged. I do think BM killed SM in a fit of rage. I don't think BM would kill over losing SM but I believe he'd kill over money and greed. I don't think it helped that they were alone together -- the daughters away out of state.

MOO
My thoughts almost exactly! You said it much better of course. I always appreciate your posts, thank you so much for your valued input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia