Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes..true...but men are also socialized to be stoic, strong-willed, and self-contained when faced with a hardship. BM's impenetrable veneer in the video was more a taught survival mechanism than a willed attempt to deceive, imo.

So...then it becomes interesting that he so easily is provoked to physical violence (not stoic, not self-contained) and then cries at the worksite, and then collapses on the ground during the search.

But more than that, it's such a contrast with the picture where he is looking out the hotel room door. Nothing self-contained about his expression there, IMO.

In what contexts would a 52 year old man from Indiana, who went to Purdue and owns a landscaping visit, learn this type of stoicism? Those expectations are generational - AM is just a bit older and doesn't seem so studied in his self-presentation. To me, BM was a very savvy user of social media and knew how to film his own video, which uses a contrived persona rather than an emotional appeal. He's equally capable of being all-out emotional, according to AM and to the man in Indiana who is giving interviews about him.

Anyway, men are not all socialized the same way. Part of what we're observing in the BM video is not just his own presentation of self - but his expectations of his audience. He puts on that face because he wants his audience to react a certain way. It's not impenetrable at all, it's a studied attempt to look very concerned (forehead furrows).

AM’s latest interview - a couple things that stuck out to me.

1) AM feels that his sister was pushing for a divorce
2) AM states that BM was “driven” by money and work to the point that it was scary
3) LE shared with AM that SM’s phone last pinged at the house and has not been recovered and there was no evidence of a struggle in the house.
4) Since moving to Colorado, AM says he reached out many times, to find out how BM and the family were doing, but BM never returned calls

The crosshairs are directly between BM’s eyes. This case is about to blow wide open. IMO

Last edited:
Yes! He loved the fact that she idolized him. It further boosted his oversized ego.
My take on Barry:
-Mama’s Boy
-Doted on by Mom and sisters - no self confidence problem here
-High School jock, more adoring fans, ego is growing
-Drafted by MLB, can he even get his head through the door?
-Life change! MLB let him go! Huge disappointment! Needs ego rebooted.
-Suzanne is always there, holding up his pedestal all by herself.
-Marriage and kids. Still nursing that bruised ego. If only..... But he plugs away, fairly successful. Then he can’t control that temper. It lowers his status in IN. Let’s move to CO for a fresh start.
-Hit 50, mid-life crisis? Wife is sick, he wants to socialize and have fun, and he is being adored again by the young people he has met in Salida. He is a FF! He is fit and attractive. Look at me! I’ve reinvented myself. I’m back on top!
-Covid 19, stuck in the house. Suzanne doesn’t want to do anything. She’s afraid of the Corona virus. Nothing going on. My ego isn’t being fed. Suzanne is hinting about going back to IN. I caught her talking to that friend again. She is a bad influence on Suzanne. I don’t want to go back to IN. There’s nothing for me there. No adoring fans, no new exciting life. This is all driving me crazy.....

MOO. Hypothetical theory by untrained observer of the human condition.
I think that pretty much sums it up..reminds me of what Shannan Watts had to do for her ego driven Murdering Husband (

Maybe someone didn't mean to generate any auto-generated friend suggestions but instead wanted to read Suzanne's last conversation. And delete it.

Patrick Frazee never thought beautiful Kelsey's disappearance would get such enormous attention. "People go missing every day." Perhaps someone never intended for LE to go digging up dirt in Indiana and he though cleaning up facebook on one side would suffice.

His over-confidence will be Prosecution gold.

JMO

So...then it becomes interesting that he so easily is provoked to physical violence (not stoic, not self-contained) and then cries at the worksite, and then collapses on the ground during the search.

But more than that, it's such a contrast with the picture where he is looking out the hotel room door. Nothing self-contained about his expression there, IMO.

In what contexts would a 52 year old man from Indiana, who went to Purdue and owns a landscaping visit, learn this type of stoicism? Those expectations are generational - AM is just a bit older and doesn't seem so studied in his self-presentation. To me, BM was a very savvy user of social media and knew how to film his own video, which uses a contrived persona rather than an emotional appeal. He's equally capable of being all-out emotional, according to AM and to the man in Indiana who is giving interviews about him.

Anyway, men are not all socialized the same way. Part of what we're observing in the BM video is not just his own presentation of self - but his expectations of his audience. He puts on that face because he wants his audience to react a certain way. It's not impenetrable at all, it's a studied attempt to look very concerned (forehead furrows).

IIRC, BM’s nephew who did the Gimme fund is skilled at making videos for social media. BM may have had assistance making the 26second vid!

One reason I can think of is that she did it herself as a kind of sos - just clicking on the friends of her brother OR he did it so he could either generate an online presence of her (keeping her digitally alive) to buy time before someone found out she didn't exist in real life.

Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him - or - to make people think he was active online around midnight - sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag. I'd go, "like" bands or movies or something, something that I know he'd actually do.

This action makes zero sense at all.
I wonder if he meant she was "liking" posts on FB? It doesn't make sense to me either that she would suddenly start sending out friend requests at midnight. Or that BM would, rather.

Thank you for this!

the idea that he wouldn’t “allow” her to try medical marijuana makes me almost more angry than all the rest of it. I’m sure she was too weak and sick to push back. But I’ve also had the impression for quite awhile that theirs was a patriarchal household and those CAN go awry if the husband interprets his role as controller rather than protector or guide. In those situations the woman often finds herself without agency IMO. I have no doubt this is a snapshot of their entire life.
Yes like I needed another reason to despise him. o_O

*shivers* of memories that LE dug up the entire front area in front of the Frazee house, for which we saw aerials afterwards.

Then to only find out from the co-conspirator, who led LE to such, that the site of interest was on his property, yet in another area. Burned in a plastic tote. It was way back behind the house, yet on his property, where the burn happened and covered up there with soil and toppings.
This got me thinking. We originally thought that SM’s last known contact was with her bff on Saturday night. That tightened up the time between then and 11:30 or so when machinery was heard at the Salida dig site. Most of us felt that there wasn’t enough time to burn a body and dispose of it between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm. However, now we know he had from approximately 12:30 to 11:30 to burn the body. Huge difference! Maybe the neighbor told LE that burning was going on at the Morphew property later on Saturday afternoon to early evening. BM could have used the Bobcat to scoop up the remains and surrounding dirt, place them on a tarp in his truck, and then used it to cover up evidence of the burn on his property. He could then have brought the “siftable” remains to the Salida site to be buried. He had 11 hours to do all this, not 2 or 3. MOO

WOW and WOW.

I'm curious, if SM received an inheritance and invested it in the house, per Colorado divorce law, would she recoup that money "free and clear" of a 50/50 divorce? I think we may be getting closer to some facts that support a motive (we obviously don't know what the overall finances looked like, but if a divorce might force a bankruptcy, that would be significant enough to potentially make a leap to motive for murder). MOO, JMO.

Obviously, the FB info fits with what was discussed earlier. The timing of her phone's last ping seems like a huge piece of information.

Not sure what to do with the medication "brow beating" information and/or if that's relevant.

BMs defense lawyer probably just put a down payment on a new boat - because he/she has a lot of work ahead of them!

BBM

I have a large trust/inheritance - and this is how it works in Texas and I've always assumed everywhere else: As long as that money is kept separate from the marital estate, then it 100% is mine in the case of divorce. As soon as I remove it from the trust account, even it is to buy something that only I would have access to or use (like a fancy piece of jewelry), then it becomes part of the marital estate and would be subject to split in the case of divorce.

So in SM's case, unless there was some sort of paperwork drawn up stating otherwise - literally gave BM 50% of that inheritance when she agreed to put it toward the new house. If she died without a will, then she gave him 100% of it.

I have to wonder if the M girls are all hearing about these things the same time the general public is. I mean, I hope they're not online following this because it's just heartbreaking but, given their ages and that fact that young people are entirely connected online, 24/7, I suspect they probably are. And that makes my heart hurt for them. :(

With regard to the girls following what's coming out, I'm having the exact opposite reaction that you are right now.
I'm hoping that SM's daughters are reading and/or hearing every single word that's coming out now about BM.

SM's daughters really need to be strong and face reality, no matter how tough and painful it is.
Because to do otherwise would be to do their mom the greatest possible disservice.

It's terribly stressful when children are placed in the middle of an emotional tug-of-war between parents.
There's no question here who placed these young women in that position, though.
There's no question that SM would be heartsick at the untenable position BM has put her daughters in right now.

He's incredibly manipulative, and utterly selfish.

It's going to be hard for either of the daughters to overcome both his emotional puppeteering and their own psychological defense mechanisms, which will undoubtedly include denial.

Here's the brutal bottom line, though: SM's daughters need to see BM for who he is, not for who he pretends to be.

HE IS NOT THEIR HERO.

He's the villain who robbed them of their hero.

SM IS THEIR HERO.

JMO.

Last edited:
1,000 BAMS to AM!!!!!!!

my most important takeaways-

A DIVORCE was about to happen-
=SM wanted a DIVORCE

=Barry has engaged an atty not only for himself but for the daughters.
Why would you control your daughters giving testimoney to help find their mother?????

her last phone ping was at home
her cell phone not found

landline at home got disconnected right after they moved in (2018)

Texas Equisearch may be coming to search

BM's stories are not lining up

Thanks Andy- Please keep talking!!!!!
-

Last edited:
This got me thinking. We originally thought that SM’s last known contact was with her bff on Saturday night. That tightened up the time between then and 11:30 or so when machinery was heard at the Salida dig site. Most of us felt that there wasn’t enough time to burn a body and dispose of it between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm. However, now we know he had from approximately 12:30 to 11:30 to burn the body. Huge difference! Maybe the neighbor told LE that burning was going on at the Morphew property later on Saturday afternoon to early evening. BM could have used the Bobcat to scoop up the remains and surrounding dirt, place them on a tarp in his truck, and then used it to cover up evidence of the burn on his property. He could then have brought the “siftable” remains to the Salida site to be buried. He had 11 hours to do all this, not 2 or 3. MOO
What have a missed??? Neighbors saw a fire at the Morphew house?

Today, my system-assigned IP address has me in Colorado.

If I reset the wifi box, it will be someplace else. The system we subscribe to is huge - but its name doesn't show up as linked to my IP address, because there are many, many companies in between me and the company to whom I make payments.

IP addresses are not static - although they do trace activity to the equipment that's using the same wifi stream/box. On the other end of most internet transactions, people with the right skills know what browser you're using, etc. My browser shows up as Chrome (it's not though, I got a Chrome clone that specializes in privacy).

BBM

I have a large trust/inheritance - and this is how it works in Texas and I've always assumed everywhere else: As long as that money is kept separate from the marital estate, then it 100% is mine in the case of divorce. As soon as I remove it from the trust account, even it is to buy something that only I would have access to or use (like a fancy piece of jewelry), then it becomes part of the marital estate and would be subject to split in the case of divorce.

So in SM's case, unless there was some sort of paperwork drawn up stating otherwise - literally gave BM 50% of that inheritance when she agreed to put it toward the new house. If she died without a will, then she gave him 100% of it.

even bigger motive. moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member