Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clear up what I meant by posting about volunteer firefighters...
I was referring to volunteers I’ve known during my teens and through adulthood, not all volunteers. I did not mean for it to refer to professionals, who earn a living by protecting us all. Perhaps that was unclear. I only posted it because I thought if Barry has a wandering eye, a volunteer firefighter job offers an opportunity to look around, so to speak. I’ve seen it wreck several marriages. There are bad people in every profession. I’ll shut up now.

Here it is starts at 44:00

Left for Denver on Friday? No cell phone still found for Suzanne? Suzanne may have asked for a divorce? He moved to a condo in Pueblo? Suzanne was left over a half a million dollars that SM invested in the Maysville property? Brow beaten over an anti-depressant? An attorney for both BM and the daughters... Oh boy, the fire is heating up.

Another question that I still have and do not know if Andy has answered is, was their Father diagnosed with cancer before or after Suzanne went missing? There is no way a daughter who has fought cancer twice is not going to go and support her cancer stricken ailing father. I feel that is the main reason Suzanne may have wanted to return to Indiana if just during her Fathers illness since her mother had already passed. If she knew about his condition before she went missing. and I am very disturbed that not only Barry who was his Son-In-Law for 20 years has not called to check on Suzanne's Father let alone keeping his grandkids from making that call themselves.
Has anyone heard if Andy has been asked that question?

I cannot think of a single reason, someone pretending to be SM, would go on her profile and send friend requests to folks in Indiana, that her brother went to school with. And... to do this a good 10-12 hours after her chat with her friend just abruptly ended, without any explanation.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be done?
It could be Andy just said “friending” but it was actually suggestions. And BM supposedly wasn’t on FB much so maybe he just didn’t know what was normal. I don’t think he even knew what would be normal for HER. He might have just thought her being active that night was good and no one would question it. :rolleyes:

Yes, but if I were to login to my husband's FB and try to impersonate him - or - to make people think he was active online around midnight - sending friend requests to people his sister's age, that she went to school with in their hometown, is the LAST thing I'd do, because I know he would never do that and it WOULD be a red flag. I'd go, "like" bands or movies or something, something that I know he'd actually do.

This action makes zero sense at all.

ITA. However, it’s been mentioned that he was not skilled nor that experienced with FB and possibly out of desperation started activity. FB isn’t that intuitive, so maybe the implications of his actions weren’t clear.

This interview was very elucidating.

WOW and WOW.

I'm curious, if SM received an inheritance and invested it in the house, per Colorado divorce law, would she recoup that money "free and clear" of a 50/50 divorce? I think we may be getting closer to some facts that support a motive (we obviously don't know what the overall finances looked like, but if a divorce might force a bankruptcy, that would be significant enough to potentially make a leap to motive for murder). MOO, JMO.

Obviously, the FB info fits with what was discussed earlier. The timing of her phone's last ping seems like a huge piece of information.

Not sure what to do with the medication "brow beating" information and/or if that's relevant.

BMs defense lawyer probably just put a down payment on a new boat - because he/she has a lot of work ahead of them!

Under Indiana law which operates under the "one pot" theory of marital property, SM would have to request the court consider setting aside the inheritance she received or brought to the marriage.

Colorado divorce law is similar in that all marital property is divided in an equitable fashion. There are a few exceptions though, as gifts and property acquired by either inheritance are deemed separate property (i.e., not divisible in a Colorado divorce).

Your control over your inheritance, however, ultimately depends on what you choose to do with it. Depending on how your inheritance is handled, it is indeed possible for it to be classified as marital property.

One way for your spouse to lay claim to a portion of your inheritance is through commingling assets. Simply put, this means combining your inheritance assets with your joint marital assets.

Public records indicate the Puma Path residence is held in Joint Tenancy (i.e., the share of each passing to the other on death).

Without a separate agreement in place, I believe SM would have a fight on her hands claiming her inheritance if she used it for the Colorado property.

Just as the assets are divided in an equitable fashion, so are the liabilities. IMO, divorce would most likely require liquidation of assets, but not bankruptcy. I believe they are solvent.

IMO, the motive here is that BM would rather SM be dead than divide his kingdom. If BM could not buy SM out, he would have to sell. That wasn't going to happen. BM made certain of it.

MOO

https://goldmanlaw303.com/will-lose-inheritance-colorado-divorce/#:~:text=In%20a%20Colorado%20divorce%2C%20property,divided%20in%20an%20equitable%20fashion.&text=There%20are%20a%20few%20exceptions,divisible%20in%20a%20Colorado%20divorce.

Thank you for this!

the idea that he wouldn’t “allow” her to try medical marijuana makes me almost more angry than all the rest of it. I’m sure she was too weak and sick to push back. But I’ve also had the impression for quite awhile that theirs was a patriarchal household and those CAN go awry if the husband interprets his role as controller rather than protector or guide. In those situations the woman often finds herself without agency IMO. I have no doubt this is a snapshot of their entire life.

In total agreement. When someone shows you their character.............. You have to believe them.
It this is true, a total disregard for her feelings and her comfort. Cruel and insenstitive. No empathy. He added to the misery she was already experiencing :(

I don't think it would keep dogs from smelling decomp, but I would think a cemetery would be a really weird place for LE to search for a missing person.

The fact that t is a weird place for LE to search might be why someone might think it a good place to put a body. In his own mind he has given her a Christian burial.

Gosh I hope someone talks. I’m thinking there’s a decent chance someone else helped.

Also I just had a thought that I really doubt Suzanne was buried in a cooler from the house just because that would link her death right to BM and give zero room for claiming a stranger or stalker killed her. I think if she was taken out in a cooler that cooler was disposed of elsewhere. I hope they find her too, but I’ll be surprised if they do.

Unless someone talks.
Would a body buried in a cooler decompose slower or faster than one buried right in the ground? Cooler or not, I think she’s somewhere on their property. It’s a control thing.

IIRC, BM’s nephew who did the Gimme fund is skilled at making videos for social media. BM may have had assistance making the 26second vid!

Possible. The nephew bowed out of being of much assistance fairly early on, but the video was filmed fairly early too. If there was another person physically present while BM was filming that video, the BM is even more of an actor than I was thinking. Most people who don't have some experience in talking to a lens will not stare directly at the lens every single second. There are often micro-expressions intended for the real person (which no one would give to a mere lens). Many people will glance up at least once toward the other person - it's a big reason for edits in some kinds of filming.

But BM was able to go about 26 seconds as though it was just him and a camera, in his back yard (we know now that it was a couple of houses away, same river in background as at BM's house).

Or maybe he was just snooping around and looking at her messages.

That would not trigger a friend request being sent. If someone other than Suzanne clicked on her message icon late in the evening, that would be recorded in FB's activity log.

But sending a friend request would alert far more than just FB/one's own self (we can check our activity logs on FB).

IIRC, BM’s nephew who did the Gimme fund is skilled at making videos for social media. BM may have had assistance making the 26second vid!

I’ve believed this to be the case since the beginning. He felt compelled to help in his field of expertise. Set up the video, gimme page and the FSM FB page. Then he started questioning everything and was asked to step out either by a nagging suspicion or by LE or maybe even both.

no landline, no cameras, no close friends/family nearby (except daughters) no help... poor Suzanne - I would imagine that she could have felt extremely isolated and alone, especially that week in May leading up to Mother's Day

So helpless. Daughters away on a camping trip. Really hits me hard. Oh Suzanne, if only we could turn back time.

This is turning into such a CLASSIC CASE
of controlling husband wanting wife out of the way to get all the assets.
No sharesys for the Prince of all Princes.
He's having his midlife crisis so get outta the way.
He wants his cake and eat it too.
Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members