Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that makes me nervous is that AM asked LE if there was any evidence of a struggle in the house and they said, “no.” This is exactly why this morning I started worrying that they don’t have physical evidence.
its not uncommon for a crime scene to be staged, especially when a crime is premeditated. Im sure with his girls on their way home BM would have been sure to clean up any obvious signs of struggle

Do you think people around Salida are following all these details that are coming out?

Is BM still welcomed as a volunteer firefighter?

Is he still going to the gym as usual?

Are his employees still working for him?

Not you specifically, Ontario Mom, but our Ws'ers in general.

Do we think BM is being ostracized or are people minding their own business there??
Really good question.
I don't think we've seen much about the local atmosphere.
A little here and there maybe but nothing that gives the general feel of the town.
I know if this were happening in my small town, it'd be followed by pretty much everyone - in person and most definitely on the city/town/community FB page.
Because, well, that's how we stay in touch now. :)

I want to know where is Suzanne’s wedding ring? LE went out of their way to prominently feature her left hand on their last official missing person photo of her.

Did LE find it during a search? Is Barry hiding it? Did he give it to one of his daughters? Did he give them other incriminating items and that’s why he hired them their own lawyer?
Did he take it to a jewelry store, did he pawn it at a pawn shop?
You would not think that someone would be quick enough to get rid of such an item, but you would also think that someone's who's wife has been missing a meer 3 weeks would not file guardianship paperwork in court either. Maybe the photos were put out for others who may have seen them come across while someone was in need of money.

You would not think that someone would be quick enough to get rid of such an item, but you would also think that someone's who's wife has been missing a meer 3 weeks would not file guardianship paperwork in court either. Maybe the photos were put out for others who may have seen them come across while someone was in need of money.

We don't have any information at all that it's even missing.

I'd be surprised if he burned her remains. There was a fire ban in Chaffee County. IMO, any fires (in Chaffee County) would have attracted attention.

Fire Restrictions in Chaffee County - Chaffee County Sheriff
Yeah, I thought that, too, but if he was burning in a smaller container, it may not have been noticed. He probably knew how to do small contained burns, being a firefighter and all. ;)
Just tossing out ideas. I think it more likely that she was buried somewhere.

Maybe he kept it as some kind of trophy, having the ring back could symbolize freedom to him... but i cant imagine hed be careless enough to get caught with it..... at least one hopes he would at least try to cover such an obvious sign of guilt up

And. Texas Equine Search and Rescue will be there with us for the search as well!! Texas EquuSearch

Is it confirmed that TES will definitely be participating in search efforts?

Or is it just that family has requested their assistance?

I thought LE had to actually be the ones to request it in order for TES to get involved.

I'm interested to learn whether or not LE did that in this case.

I'd actually be a bit surprised.

TM from TES has said some things recently about LE in another case that might make other LEAs leery about inviting him to aid in their searches.

JMO.

Last edited:
I want to know the time of her last phone ping and whether that was BEFORE Barry left in the morning, I also want to know his phone pings from that morning and whether him stating he left at 5am matches up with his phone ping location.

Do you think people around Salida are following all these details that are coming out?

Is BM still welcomed as a volunteer firefighter?

Is he still going to the gym as usual?

Are his employees still working for him?

Not you specifically, Ontario Mom, but our Ws'ers in general.

Do we think BM is being ostracized or are people minding their own business there??
I got the feeling from AM that he is being ostracized. Anyone else?

$1 Mil inherited. I'm sure Andy would know, as her sibling and likely also an heir.

at 69:43

"to be honest with you and i need you to
be aware of something
over the past seven years my mother has
passed away and my grandmother
and they left each one of us children
over half a million dollars

which suzanne invested in that house out there"

I'm confused on where the 1 million is coming from?

I want to know the time of her last phone ping and whether that was BEFORE Barry left in the morning, I also want to know his phone pings from that morning and whether him stating he left at 5am matches up with his phone ping location.
I agree, I cant help shake the feeling theres a specific reason hes been so specific he left at 5 am when hes been so vague in regards to the rest of the case

Is it confirmed that TES will definitely be participating in search efforts?

Or is it just confirmed that family has requested their assistance?

I thought LE had to actually be the ones to request it in order for TES to get involved.

I'm interested to learn whether or not LE did that in this case.

JMO.
AM said a "Texas- horse team and an Indiana dog team were coming."

As far as no evidence of a struggle... an ambush can leave little to no signs that anything has gone wrong.
Whether familial attack or a stranger.
My opinion is that Suzanne did not leave that house alive.
But possibly there was no blood or anything out of place ?

Still-- LE seemed suspicious within a day or even hours about a random stranger abducting/attacking Suzanne within her home.
Fwiw, I think they're on the right track !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia