Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't, but her friends and family seem to think they do, since they were the ones who said what her profile was doing was "out of character".
Attempting to impersonate someone online, by doing something online that is considered "out of character" by all those known to the person, is a pretty incredibly stupid thing to do.

jmo

I'm certainly not accusing BM of being smart.

I think he's fully capable of doing incredibly stupid things, and in fact has done incredibly stupid things.
Repeatedly.

So, yeah, I tend to think he made this FB move in a desperate attempt to make it seem as though she was alive and well on Saturday night.

No doubt SM was already FB friends with all her own friends…BM couldn't think of anybody else off the top of his head to randomly friend, so he reached for people he knew from back in high school, i.e., common connections.

This was very deliberate, goal-directed behavior.

He needed "evidence" of her being alive and well.

JMO.

Last edited:
This got me thinking. We originally thought that SM’s last known contact was with her bff on Saturday night. That tightened up the time between then and 11:30 or so when machinery was heard at the Salida dig site. Most of us felt that there wasn’t enough time to burn a body and dispose of it between 9:00 pm and 11:30 pm. However, now we know he had from approximately 12:30 to 11:30 to burn the body. Huge difference! Maybe the neighbor told LE that burning was going on at the Morphew property later on Saturday afternoon to early evening. BM could have used the Bobcat to scoop up the remains and surrounding dirt, place them on a tarp in his truck, and then used it to cover up evidence of the burn on his property. He could then have brought the “siftable” remains to the Salida site to be buried. He had 11 hours to do all this, not 2 or 3. MOO
I'd be surprised if he burned her remains. There was a fire ban in Chaffee County. IMO, any fires (in Chaffee County) would have attracted attention.

Fire Restrictions in Chaffee County - Chaffee County Sheriff

The missing phone is very interesting to me as well. Because I believe the scene was staged, it would be natural for her phone to have been recovered (to sell a struggle and abduction). If they found at least one personal item of hers, then it should be her phone.

Her killer was obviously worried about what the phone would have told LE.

Is it possible for someone to call their own cell phone from another phone and check the voicemail? Would this show up on the digital tracing evidence?

In the Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell case they traced the phone of Alex Cox nearly to its exact location such that they knew what condo number the phone was in and later where in the backyard of CD the phone was located.

Google location can do the exact same thing (or anyway it used to, I haven't looked in a really long time).
I freaked my husband out once by texting him and telling him to "put it back, we already bought that one" when he was in a used dvd store one day.
The tracker map told me exactly where he was - and this was nearly 10 years ago now.

I want to know where is Suzanne’s wedding ring? LE went out of their way to prominently feature her left hand on their last official missing person photo of her.

Did LE find it during a search? Is Barry hiding it? Did he give it to one of his daughters? Did he give them other incriminating items and that’s why he hired them their own lawyer?

Google location can do the exact same thing (or anyway it used to, I haven't looked in a really long time).
I freaked my husband out once by texting him and telling him to "put it back, we already bought that one" when he was in a used dvd store one day.
The tracker map told me exactly where he was - and this was nearly 10 years ago now.
It still does, as long as you have location services on. Pings are great, but they provide a much more general location than that which Google can provide.

In the Berreth case, Krystal Kenney cleared her Google locations, as she apparently knew this. Phones still ping off cell towers when you do that though, which helped law enforcement tremendously.

From the video call today:

at 54:12

"and then later that night oddly enough
my sister friended a whole bunch of
people on facebook
that are my age that i went to school
with that was completely
strange or different from what she
normally would do
so i honestly believe somebody else was
manipulating her facebook on saturday"

"Friended" means, sending someone a friend request.
I can only assume that's what AM meant when he said that.
The only thing that makes sense to me is, it was BM on SM account, snooping around (not trying to impersonate her at all), creeping profiles of people for whatever reason (possibly people that were also mutual IN friends between BM and AM), and he accidentally sent those friend requests.
Similar to the way folks get busted when they're creeping a profile and accidentally hit the "like" button on a post or pic.
Once the friend requests went out, then it would make more sense that other mutual friends of BM would get the suggestions because... well, she just became friends with other mutual friends.

jmo
Someone who is in a state of panic or anxiety might do something like that.

That makes the most sense to me. If he was trying to impersonate her he would at least send a message or an explanation as to why the conversation ended suddenly. I would think AM has spoken to the friend and would have mentioned it, but all we know so far is that there was strange activity on her account that night. I think he was trying to see who Suzanne had been talking to and what was being said.

IMO

MOO - Too much heat in Salida!

Lots of glaring eyes on him when he’s at the gym doing his pushups, people don’t like men who may have disappeared their wife. Salida community is coming together to help find Suzanne, recent scheduling of a prayer vigil scheduled in Salida now.

BM can’t stand the scrutiny he’s feeling. I’m far from anyone knowledgeable in human behavior, but he can’t handle looking at people
knowing they are passing some kind of private judgement on him.

just my uneducated speculation.
Plus, that big search for SM happens later this month and he doesn't want to be anywhere near Salida when that's going on.

Is it possible for someone to call their own cell phone from another phone and check the voicemail? Would this show up on the digital tracing evidence?
I think from experience that the phone you are calling rings first and then when it goes to voicemail you enter a code (* or # depending on the carrier) and then you can access the voicemail. If this is how it works, then there would be a record of the incoming call and from whom.

While these details are all (or mostly, I assume) new to the public, we need to keep in mind most if not all of this stuff, the CCSO already knew. I do hope it serves to empower others to come forward though. Especially if they have info that may help this investigation.
Do you think people around Salida are following all these details that are coming out?

Is BM still welcomed as a volunteer firefighter?

Is he still going to the gym as usual?

Are his employees still working for him?

Not you specifically, Ontario Mom, but our Ws'ers in general.

Do we think BM is being ostracized or are people minding their own business there??

I know the Sheriff’s office released a statement last week, and there has been a lot of activity in the form of witnesses talking, but it will be interesting to see how they mark the 4 month anniversary of Suzanne’s disappearance on Thursday.

In the past we have seen statements and community canvasses. I wonder what we’ll see this time, if anything.

Yes! He loved the fact that she idolized him. It further boosted his oversized ego.
My take on Barry:
-Mama’s Boy
-Doted on by Mom and sisters - no self confidence problem here
-High School jock, more adoring fans, ego is growing
-Drafted by MLB, can he even get his head through the door?
-Life change! MLB let him go! Huge disappointment! Needs ego rebooted.
-Suzanne is always there, holding up his pedestal all by herself.
-Marriage and kids. Still nursing that bruised ego. If only..... But he plugs away, fairly successful. Then he can’t control that temper. It lowers his status in IN. Let’s move to CO for a fresh start.
-Hit 50, mid-life crisis? Wife is sick, he wants to socialize and have fun, and he is being adored again by the young people he has met in Salida. He is a FF! He is fit and attractive. Look at me! I’ve reinvented myself. I’m back on top!
-Covid 19, stuck in the house. Suzanne doesn’t want to do anything. She’s afraid of the Corona virus. Nothing going on. My ego isn’t being fed. Suzanne is hinting about going back to IN. I caught her talking to that friend again. She is a bad influence on Suzanne. I don’t want to go back to IN. There’s nothing for me there. No adoring fans, no new exciting life. This is all driving me crazy.....

MOO. Hypothetical theory by untrained observer of the human condition.
I believe you hit the nail on the head! I’d add that SM inherited some funds.

1,000 BAMS to AM!!!!!!!

my most important takeaways-

A DIVORCE was about to happen-
=SM wanted a DIVORCE

=Barry has engaged an atty not only for himself but for the daughters.
Why would you control your daughters giving testimoney to help find their mother?????

her last phone ping was at home
her cell phone not found

landline at home got disconnected right after they moved in (2018)

Texas Equisearch may be coming to search

BM's stories are not lining up

Thanks Andy- Please keep talking!!!!!
-

In addition.

In 3 to 4 days more stuff is coming out.

LE has plenty of info from hotel including a timeline.

3 to 4 psychics joining the search/one has 90% success rate and has been used by the FBI.

Benghazi boys on board!

$1 million total from Granny and Mom's death. AM says went to the Salida house. Speculates that insurance papers found in hotel trash have something to do with this.

Bringing in boats and sonar.

Suspects daughter saw some marital discord

And my personal fave.......when BM was enraged at work site started to cry like a baby when in a choke hold

MOO MOO and MOO.

It still does, as long as you have location services on. Pings are great, but they provide a much more general location than that which Google can provide.

In the Berreth case, Krystal Kenney cleared her Google locations, as she apparently knew this. Phones still ping off cell towers when you do that though, which helped law enforcement tremendously.
Indeed, I think the digital trail left via cell phones is one of the best crime solving tools in a really long time. Just evidence, with no agenda & no reason to lie. Fantastic.

A couple of things after hearing the AM interview.

Why would he always call BM instead of his sister when he wanted to get in touch with her. She had her own phone. Same with his nieces. And BM is away at work quite a bit so it seems so there was always an opportunity for SM to call her brother.

The younger daughter is still a minor and I guess BM as her guardian can put the kibosh on LE interviewing her but the older daughter is free to make that decision, especially now that she isn't under his thumb.

I think AM may be mistaken that BM and M are living in Pueblo, I think he may mean Poncha Springs since he said it was just a short drive east. Over two hours isn't exactly a short ride east to Pueblo.

AM, while he was being talked over by the female said that some of the FB activity happened around midnight.

I wonder why SM nor her girls ever spontaneously called their relatives on her side? Controlling, notwithstanding, there is always an opportunity to call someone briefly. It could be that a constant barrage of negativity toward the father/husband from SM's relatives got too much. Any or all of them could have gotten burner phones for that reason only. Even an old friend of mine who had an abusive boyfriend who controlled her social activity managed to call every now and then, even if it was to put on a false front of normalcy.

Just to clarify. BM had the F250 in Broomfield, Mallory had another truck which I presume was in Idaho for the camping trip and the two RR were at the M residence. For some reason I thought there was a smaller older car.

I have always been under the impression that both SM's bouts of cancer occurred in IN. I didn't realize the second one was last year.

In addition.

In 3 to 4 days more stuff is coming out.

LE has plenty of info from hotel including a timeline.

3 to 4 psychics joining the search/one has 90% success rate and has been used by the FBI.

Benghazi boys on board!

$1 million total from Granny and Mom's death. AM says went to the Salida house. Speculates that insurance papers found in hotel trash have something to do with this.

Bringing in boats and sonar.

Suspects daughter saw some marital discord

And my personal fave.......when BM was enraged at work site started to cry like a baby when in a choke hold

MOO MOO and MOO.

And. Texas Equine Search and Rescue will be there with us for the search as well!! Texas EquuSearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia