Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

<snip>

Morgan Gentile came forward after her friend and coworker, Jeffrey Puckett, spoke to FOX21 News.

Gentile says the case has broken up her family, forced her to relocate, and is keeping her from finding employment.

“I got treated through all . this just like I’m the other woman, even though I’m not the other woman,” Gentile said. “I just happen to be a woman.”

Gentile said several people have accused her of having an affair with Suzanne Morphew’s husband.

Barry has also denied accusations that he may have had affairs.

“Everybody’s out there saying, ‘oh, you got a girlfriend, you must have an affairs.’ Where is it? There’s nobody. There’s never been another love in my life,” Barry told FOX21 News.
IMO, I think the truth is that BM has never loved anyone as much as himself.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
Well, I have to eat my hat.
Thought the teaser would prove to be a nothing burger
A lot to unpack, having nothing to add ( so many good posts ) except for this.
I love that Barry is talking. IMO, he slips up quite a bit.
How often is he out searching on his dirt bike? And, where?
Do ya think LE doesn't have tabs on him?
I don't.
MOO.
I hope DM is watching him.:D

Yes. Showing restraint with Andy.
They understand his frustration but may not be on board with the upcoming search for various reasons
Though, as per Andy, the Benghazi Boys will be monitoring the search areas and awaiting any finds sent by phone. Searchers have been warned to take pics , not touch anything, and wait.
Hoping the volunteers abide by this
MOO.
^^bbm

What will your policy be in releasing information to the public?

I have consistently released all information to the media and public that is legal to release and does not jeopardize an open and ongoing investigation.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office has a media policy for its employees that encourages them to be open with the public and media when they can safely address questions asked of them.

Spezze runs for re-election as sheriff
^^sbm

From the link above, Sheriff Spezze also states:

I was elected as Chaffee County sheriff in 2014 and have served as your sheriff for nearly 4 years.

I have worked my way through all the ranks, patrol, investigations, supervision, command and executive.

In total I have over 37 years of law enforcement experience.

Relative to not coming on board with AM's search party, I believe we learned a few things very early to not take excluding AM's search party from today's press release as a personal affront.

1) LE discouraged volunteer search teams from the beginning,*

2) LE is confident that SM is the victim of a homicide,

3) They have the individual responsible in their sights,

4) While I believe the recovery of SM is the most desired outcome by all, we know from other cases that this is not always possible.

What if investigators have evidence causing them to believe SM's body may only be detectable but by experts?

5) A small town equates to a small budget -- and already over-run for 2020.

*Although CCSO may not have done the best job communicating their appreciation for those that initially volunteered to help search for SM, the reality that the area where SM disappeared from poses many dangers for both the experienced and inexperienced cannot be ignored. Dangers include rugged terrain, hidden obstacles, as well as the high altitude.

IMO, it was after considering all the above that legislators provided where County sheriffs are mandated by Colorado state statute to provide search and rescue teams within their respective jurisdictions. Chaffee County’s search and rescue teams, one in each end of the county, are cited as among the finest and most experienced in Colorado. Chaffee County Search and Rescue (SAR) are comprised of about 100 members that make up Search and Rescue North, and Search and Rescue South (see links below). These teams consist of the most conscientious, skilled, and dedicated people in the county.

To my knowledge, CCSO has never put out a request for help from the public to search for SM or any other lost hiker.

While we've been busy focused on SM, it's come to my attention that not only has CCSO been investigating SM, they've also been busy searching for other missing hikers and/or recovering bodies as recently as July 28, 2020 (linked below).

Personally, I think I've been slow to come around to this information but I think the fact that Colorado statute mandates CCSO provide their own experienced SAR speaks volumes.

I can't imagine being in Sheriff Spezze's shoes right now: It would be inhumane to even think of discouraging a brother from wanting to recover his sister, while decades of experience are telling him otherwise.

And I'm intentionally leaving COVID19 out of this discussion because I can't go there today .... :eek:

Chaffee County Search & Rescue - North
https://www.chaffeesarsouth.org/

Rescue crews locate body of missing hiker in Chaffee County

http://www.chaffeecounty.org/EndUserFiles/64543.pdf

Last edited:
Wow. From the article.

Gentile said she and Puckett packed up and drove back to Salida, where the investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance was well underway. She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

<snip>

Morgan Gentile came forward after her friend and coworker, Jeffrey Puckett, spoke to FOX21 News.

Gentile says the case has broken up her family, forced her to relocate, and is keeping her from finding employment.

“I got treated through all . this just like I’m the other woman, even though I’m not the other woman,” Gentile said. “I just happen to be a woman.”

Gentile said several people have accused her of having an affair with Suzanne Morphew’s husband.

“Everybody’s out there saying, ‘oh, you got a girlfriend, you must have an affairs.’ Where is it? There’s nobody. There’s never been another love in my life,” Barry told FOX21 News.

<snip>

Gentile corroborated Puckett’s claims concerning a hotel room in Broomfield, where Barry had also spent time.

“We opened the door and I mean, like, the chlorine hit you and you’re, like, my eyes started watering and burning. And, like, the towels were like super wet on the floor, and it looked like he had, like, made the bed before he left,” Gentile said.

And, she said, Barry’s behavior that weekend had seemed strange.

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

Beach-site.jpg

The “beach site” located off County Road 105, east of Salida
That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said.

“We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April,” Gentile explained.

She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job.

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”

So JP is a felon. MG is a meth head. LE is incompetent. The media is just mean. Poor Barry. MOO.

<snip>

<snip>

Gentile corroborated Puckett’s claims concerning a hotel room in Broomfield, where Barry had also spent time.

“We opened the door and I mean, like, the chlorine hit you and you’re, like, my eyes started watering and burning. And, like, the towels were like super wet on the floor, and it looked like he had, like, made the bed before he left,” Gentile said.

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

Beach-site.jpg

That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

The original plan for the Broomfield job – a retaining wall – included only Gentile and Barry, she said.

“We were originally supposed to go out there at the end of April,” Gentile explained.

She said, the plans changed, pushing the project to the first of May, then changed again to the weekend of May 10. Gentile said she was surprised when Barry called her asking her to assemble a crew for the job.

“Last minute he changed everything. In fact, he called me that Sunday – Mother’s Day – and was really frantic, really didn’t sound like himself,” Gentile said. “I hung up the phone and I thought he just had the worst night of his life.”
So she entered the room at the same time as JP. Why? If she and the other kid had a different room?

Wow. From the article.

Gentile said she and Puckett packed up and drove back to Salida, where the investigation into Suzanne’s disappearance was well underway. She said, back in town, she was approached by two men, both linked to Barry, who told her, “We would give you your paycheck, but we don’t want it to look like hush-hush money. You have rights, but you don’t have to give CBI your phone.”
BMs priorities and behavior give him away, his house of cards is finally coming down

He’s so predictable it isn’t even funny. The bus gains another victim:

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”

<snip>

<snip>

Beach-site.jpg

WOW :eek::eek::eek:

He’s so predictable it isn’t even funny. The bus gains another victim.

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

“I’m scared of Barry,” Gentile said. “I don’t want to see him again, ever again.”
its weird that he feel so comfortable hiring so manny meth heads to work large construction equipment for his company. that seems ill advised

<snip>

<snip>

Beach-site.jpg

BMs world just got a whole lot smaller. Waiting for his disparaging remarks about Morgan now. Wow...

Depends on what she has to say ... Morgan consistently backed him on social media until she went silent. Why would this interview be any different? Maybe she had a recent epiphany?
I can envision BM pacing in his new accommodations and waiting with bated breath for what “M” will expose, and his ultimate undoing, or at least that’s what I’m hoping for. Can you imagine being in his shoes tonight :D! Total trepidation!! M dishing on him for all his friends and family to hear. Not to mention all of us! The humiliation will be unbearable for him. Then, what might be even more interesting than M spilling the beans on BM will be BM trying to do damage control in the aftermath. :) So much more to look forward to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff