Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, although Gentile had agreed to work in that area for the day, she said Barry dismissed her from the job early – at 11 a.m.

“He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking,” she said. “And I found out, like, later that day that he was in town all day.”

Gentile said she heard Barry was out shopping by himself.

^^^
>>>>was he out buying chlorine?
So if he was in town all day, what was it that caused the conversation to cease suddenly on Saturday?

Wait WTH?

Who in the world were those 2 guys and how in the world did they already think there was concerns about money passing looking like hush-money?

That soon and 2 guys that know Barry are already concerned that things will look bad?

Me thinks those 2 guys know something we dont know.
JMO

Why would a salary be confused with hush money? I mean, who would question giving someone a salary for work completed? This is like covering your butt, when no one would imagine you have a butt to cover.

Not one for elaborate theories myself... but... it came to my mind that quite possibly Barry had done something to SM before going to the job site with MG. Like, spiked her lunch with something toxic... which took effect during SM’s text convo, and abruptly ended it. Meanwhile, BM went to job site while waiting for it to take effect, released MG early, went to buy cleanup supplies, then went home to stage the scene, etc

This????Cordova has declined all interview requests, but did send the following text message, after being asked to share his side of the story:
View attachment 263276
There's a LOT going on here.

That said... if one of my adult kids found themselves tangled up in this disaster, I'd advise them to VERY carefully craft the same type of public message.
IMHO, this...
isn't about the Cassidy's, the Morgan's or the Jeffery's.

While he may have involved other people, this is 100% about BM.
And HE is the one that needs to be answering for all these things.
And I believe he will, in time, in a court of law.

jmo

Just thinking about this new information and what it might mean in regards to a scenario.

So they’re at that construction site on Saturday, and Barry is supposedly not himself. Instead of a full day’s work, he sends Morgan home at 11, and says he has to go make his wife happy.

I think there was already conflict at this point, and perhaps he and Suzanne had an argument either over the phone, or via text.

We know from Andy that Suzanne was also texting her friend around this point in regards to a wedding, and the texts suddenly topped at 12:30ish.

So Barry returns home, and they have an argument that culminates in murder. I imagine this shopping excursion that Morgan talks about, happened after the murder. Maybe he needed to buy cleaning supplies or something.

The rest is murky, but it’s at this point he decides to use that wall project as an alibi...

Thoughts?
Good thought. I think that phrasing of "I need to go make my wife happy" is a bit odd and might suggest some conflict was already there, and if he was already acting weird, I wonder if they were fighting over something huge.

I still think BM is the doer in this. If he had someone else do it, you better believe he would have a rock solid alibi in place, which doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems odd (and dumb) to go shopping in town for bleach afterwards, but certainly possible. JMO.

BM is nothing but a facade; an empty shell of a man. On the surface, he’s this God fearing, Bible reading, humble Christian man.

With every new revelation, we learn more and more about his character. Three employees (two of them have spoken), and he’s called them all drug addicts and/or liars.

One of which he’s basically called a murderer.

He’s rattled, he’s angry, his true colors are showing, and I like it.

It takes a woman's eye to look at a bed and know it has been slept in. JP, iirc said the top of the bed was a little mussed. Women know how a bed is put together because we have been making them for all our lives.

So when did BM go there and why was he so tired, as to have to sleep?

Or anyone with an eye for detail. I’m married to a man that would absolutely notice.

Perhaps still working for BM and needs the job, so not willing to speak out publicly against him?

We all know if he does, Cassidy would be the next druggie according to BM.
Have either Morgan or JP denied the allegations? If one is a meth user and the other is an ex-con, I can see why LE might be having a hard time with this investigation. Not that it means they are lying, but neither would make very good witnesses.

@Itsapuzzle
I can’t reply to your comment directly, (I may have been replying too many times inside the box, and my reply privilege may be temporarily halted?).
Itsapuzzle - “In the phone call with Lauren, BM's voice was booming and confident until he was asked if he'd be at the vigil and for the search .... his voice dropped to almost a whisper when he said his yes and absolutely ..... didn't sound like he was being honest or sincere just there, I could be wrong. MOO“

I agree. Similarly in the TD interview, BM muttered something and it took several attempts to decipher what he was saying. He muttered “yes” when asked was he “cleared by LE”. His affable and easy going manner changed suddenly. He knew that he had not been cleared, just as he had no intention of going to either event. BM has a silver tongue and is good at spinning his tale, (which changes by the day!) He is not so great when he is caught off guard.
That sounded like guilt in his voice, as well. His voice got much softer but slightly higher when he was asked about the vigil.

Wait WTH?

Who in the world were those 2 guys and how in the world did they already think there was concerns about money passing looking like hush-money?

That soon and 2 guys that know Barry are already concerned that things will look bad?

Me thinks those 2 guys know something we dont know.
JMO
I dare say it sounds like a conspiracy of some sort now. Or at least aiding and abetting. That can certainly complicate/extend any investigation and force LE to tap the brakes.

That these two mystery guys were encouraging her not to give up her phone means someone believes there’s useful forensic evidence of some sort on it. We are probably looking at more phone data dumps and analysis than anyone ever expected. Even CBI/FBI may be finding it a Herculean task.

MOO.

I don’t think these two men are a mystery at all. We know his nephew was on scene early, and was initially supportive of Barry. His Army buddy with millions of tours has also been close by (he was mentioned in a Daily Mail article early on).

So Barry wants his workers to be paid, and he also wants them to be kept silent. He’d use these two to pass on the money, and the message.

I’m not saying that these two were trying to help Barry get away with this, I’m just saying they may have been motivated by optics, and protecting a man they believed to be innocent.

I think this also explains why TN went silent. I think law enforcement heard about this, and may have called him on it.

“You’re interfering with an investigation. I suggest you keep your mouth shut...” or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member