Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thought. I think that phrasing of "I need to go make my wife happy" is a bit odd and might suggest some conflict was already there, and if he was already acting weird, I wonder if they were fighting over something huge.

I still think BM is the doer in this. If he had someone else do it, you better believe he would have a rock solid alibi in place, which doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems odd (and dumb) to go shopping in town for bleach afterwards, but certainly possible. JMO.
Oh yeah, he was definitely referring to something unresolved from that morning or night before. probably from that morning, or they would have worked it out the night before.

Good thought. I think that phrasing of "I need to go make my wife happy" is a bit odd and might suggest some conflict was already there, and if he was already acting weird, I wonder if they were fighting over something huge.

I still think BM is the doer in this. If he had someone else do it, you better believe he would have a rock solid alibi in place, which doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems odd (and dumb) to go shopping in town for bleach afterwards, but certainly possible. JMO.
I'm sure LE knows if he was really in town all day on Saturday. If he was, then who was in the house when Suzanne's text messages suddenly ceased? Did he go home for "lunch" and then go back out?

So why would BM not want LE to have MG’s phone, it doesn’t seem like anything on it would be controversial to his story?
Maybe just the fact that she was talking to LE. You know, the guys who mishandled the bike and destroyed evidence. Her being cooperative with LE was disloyal to BM’s team in his eyes. JMO
I would love to see the text where BM fired MG.

I don’t think these two men are a mystery at all. We know his nephew was on scene early, and was initially supportive of Barry. His Army buddy with millions of tours has also been close by (he was mentioned in a Daily Mail article early on).

So Barry wants his workers to be paid, and he also wants them to be kept silent. He’d use these two to pass on the money, and the message.

I’m not saying that these two were trying to help Barry get away with this, I’m just saying they may have been motivated by optics, and protecting a man they believed to be innocent.

I think this also explains why TN went silent. I think law enforcement heard about this, and may have called him on it.

But wasn’t this like right after SM went missing? Why would the two men already be so concerned about the optics of protecting an innocent man? Protect him from what?

I guess my point is - it stinks to high heaven.

This is an awfully interesting statement. The beach was located at the job site that was searched?
Full article here:

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

“We opened the door and I mean, like, the chlorine hit you and you’re, like, my eyes started watering and burning. And, like, the towels were like super wet on the floor, and it looked like he had, like, made the bed before he left,” Gentile said.

And, she said, Barry’s behavior that weekend had seemed strange.

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

Beach-site.jpg

The “beach site” located off County Road 105, east of Salida
That area, a construction site off County Road 105, east of Salida, is the same area where investigators spent three days searching for Suzanne, just a week later, on May 21-23.

“He was acting really weird about [the beach area], I was like Barry what’s up,” Gentile said. “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

I don’t think these two men are a mystery at all. We know his nephew was on scene early, and was initially supportive of Barry. His Army buddy with millions of tours has also been close by (he was mentioned in a Daily Mail article early on).

So Barry wants his workers to be paid, and he also wants them to be kept silent. He’d use these two to pass on the money, and the message.

I’m not saying that these two were trying to help Barry get away with this, I’m just saying they may have been motivated by optics, and protecting a man they believed to be innocent.

I think this also explains why TN went silent. I think law enforcement heard about this, and may have called him on it.

“You’re interfering with an investigation. I suggest you keep your mouth shut...” or something.
Barry's friend the military guy was on the scene too, according to AM.

But wasn’t this like right after SM went missing? Why would the two men already be so concerned about the optics of protecting an innocent man? Protect him from what?

This would have been Tuesday or later, as they stayed at the hotel until then.

At this point law enforcement may have been on to Barry, and these two knew any evidence of an affair would really hurt BM.

So they may have known Barry was under scrutiny, and didn’t want to make it worse.

ETA: Lauren’s report just mentioned one of the men being a family member, and the other being a friend of Barry’s. That settles their identities for me (TN and GD).

Last edited:
Something happened Friday night or Saturday am. Why did he want those specific 3 people to be seen in Denver, or did he really think he was paying them off for silence ahead of time? JP said he "saw" BM on Saturday, that would be another data pt. If we only knew when.
Re possible cleaning supplies, isn't Salida 20 mi from BM house? That means 40 mi trip, a lot of time to leave her there, dead.
This timeline of MG and all the observations of his being visibly or audibly upset works against premeditation. Long standing premed that is.
Patrick Frazee was, according to KK, upset when he called her after having beaten KB to death, despite having planned the murder for many months in advance.

I’m still thinking premeditation and the motive was financial as well as concealing “other” indiscretions. He may not have thought all of it through well, but I believe the pressure was building and it reached critical mass and he had to act, at least in his twisted mind. Of course, all my personal speculation.

Do we know if the same contractor involved in the construction site that was searched was involved in the job in Denver?

BM is nothing but a facade; an empty shell of a man. On the surface, he’s this God fearing, Bible reading, humble Christian man.

With every new revelation, we learn more and more about his character. Three employees (two of them have spoken), and he’s called them all drug addicts and/or liars.

One of which he’s basically called a murderer.

He’s rattled, he’s angry, his true colors are showing, and I like it.
I think bm is going to lose it soon I think the le are quiet for a reason I think Sm brother talking and Ls articles are getting to Bm and he’s gunna blow , le are watching and waiting .im just wondering what Bm is going to do when the pressure becomes to much. I just hope the girls are elsewhere when he goes off

Have either Morgan or JP denied the allegations? If one is a meth user and the other is an ex-con, I can see why LE might be having a hard time with this investigation. Not that it means they are lying, but neither would make very good witnesses.
It's possible they were set up by BM, chosen specifically as stereotypical "not to be believed". He picked folks who might not be credible on a trial witness stand? Or, yes, as you mention, in a discussion with LE. But MG evidently had no qualms about handing her phone over, and the phone might support her credibility. This very well could be problematic for BM, either because the phone reveals something about him, or because it supports MG's credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67