Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about this new information and what it might mean in regards to a scenario.

So they’re at that construction site on Saturday, and Barry is supposedly not himself. Instead of a full day’s work, he sends Morgan home at 11, and says he has to go make his wife happy.

I think there was already conflict at this point, and perhaps he and Suzanne had an argument either over the phone, or via text.

We know from Andy that Suzanne was also texting her friend around this point in regards to a wedding, and the texts suddenly topped at 12:30ish.

So Barry returns home, and they have an argument that culminates in murder. I imagine this shopping excursion that Morgan talks about, happened after the murder. Maybe he needed to buy cleaning supplies or something.

The rest is murky, but it’s at this point he decides to use that wall project as an alibi...

Thoughts?

Yes - and I want to know what happened that he felt SM wasn’t happy. Because he was working the weekend? Because he might stay up in Denver? Did she learn something or suspect something? I want to know more about the texting with a friend. If I’m mad at my husband, and I’m texting with my best friend, she’s going to know I’m upset. (Unless SM kept herself very private, even to her bestie).

@Itsapuzzle
I can’t reply to your comment directly, (I may have been replying too many times inside the box, and my reply privilege may be temporarily halted?).
Itsapuzzle - “In the phone call with Lauren, BM's voice was booming and confident until he was asked if he'd be at the vigil and for the search .... his voice dropped to almost a whisper when he said his yes and absolutely ..... didn't sound like he was being honest or sincere just there, I could be wrong. MOO“

I agree. Similarly in the TD interview, BM muttered something and it took several attempts to decipher what he was saying. He muttered “yes” when asked was he “cleared by LE”. His affable and easy going manner changed suddenly. He knew that he had not been cleared, just as he had no intention of going to either event. BM has a silver tongue and is good at spinning his tale, (which changes by the day!) He is not so great when he is caught off guard.

According to BM--
Worker #1: Drug user who builds crooked walls who is such a high risk he must be warned to stay away from BM's family, but not such a high risk that the Morphew's security cameras were kept functional;
Worker #2: 9 years in prison, so a liar;
Worker #3: Meth head, so a liar.

Sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether BM just exploits workers (i.e. paying lower than market labor costs, perhaps under the table) who've found themselves unemployable for one reason or another, or hires them as convenient scapegoats behind which to hide his own criminality.

Maybe it's a two-fer.

A reasonable person couldn't help but wonder whether BM did the same in Indiana and that's why they moved to Colorado. It might be worth investigating who worked for and became a scapegoat for BM there, but for the fact that they were probably never on the books.

I wonder if the IRS has ever taken a close look at his books.

MOO.

I suspect they will, now. :)

I'm giving MG a pass on the polygraph. It's not her spouse that disappeared and unless she needs to clear herself of any accusation she need not comply with this request. Good on her for giving up her phone. If she's at the beach property as directed that validates her story about BM at the building site on Saturday pm. MOO

I don’t disagree with that but multiple people that could be closely involved have denied polygraphs. My spidey sense is up on that.

Yes - and I want to know what happened that he felt SM wasn’t happy. Because he was working the weekend? Because he might stay up in Denver? Did she learn something or suspect something? I want to know more about the texting with a friend. If I’m mad at my husband, and I’m texting with my best friend, she’s going to know I’m upset. (Unless SM kept herself very private, even to her bestie).
I keep thinking back to the mail in the hotel room. Maybe she went and got it, and saw something that didn’t make her happy. Then she texts Barry, he returns home, and the rest is history.

Just thinking about this new information and what it might mean in regards to a scenario.

So they’re at that construction site on Saturday, and Barry is supposedly not himself. Instead of a full day’s work, he sends Morgan home at 11, and says he has to go make his wife happy.

I think there was already conflict at this point, and perhaps he and Suzanne had an argument either over the phone, or via text.

We know from Andy that Suzanne was also texting her friend around this point in regards to a wedding, and the texts suddenly topped at 12:30ish.

So Barry returns home, and they have an argument that culminates in murder. I imagine this shopping excursion that Morgan talks about, happened after the murder. Maybe he needed to buy cleaning supplies or something.

The rest is murky, but it’s at this point he decides to use that wall project as an alibi...

Thoughts?

I know that it’s hard to find a lot of cleaning supplies during Covid. It could have required trips to multiple stores. I assume there is video of Barry all over town shopping, and LE knows exactly what he bought.

Pic of Morgan & JP in Car? Whose? When?
Honestly why would they happen to have video of themselves driving home that particular day? That's the more intriguing thing to me and obviously they all caught up together...so where were the tools? I wouldn't think a thing of the safety vest if (a big IF) they had been working by a highway, common sense and probably a state safety requirement.
@Murphy1950 rbm
I posted - maybe pic was taken on the way to a job site, not necessarily any specific job site or day.
@Diddian said --- maybe a hunting trip. A possibility?
What was the vehicle? Not a pickup truck, afaik. Range Rover, or ___? Was BM or someone else in driver's seat?
When taken? Anyone? TiA.

@Murphy1950 From pic in today's teaser from LS Fox21 at :15 sec mark, I did not interp the same way as you.
If it came from a vid, I missed that. Also if someone said pic was taken on MoDay week end, I missed that too.
Both entiiiirely possible.

Thoughts?
Something happened Friday night or Saturday am. Why did he want those specific 3 people to be seen in Denver, or did he really think he was paying them off for silence ahead of time? JP said he "saw" BM on Saturday, that would be another data pt. If we only knew when.
Re possible cleaning supplies, isn't Salida 20 mi from BM house? That means 40 mi trip, a lot of time to leave her there, dead.
This timeline of MG and all the observations of his being visibly or audibly upset works against premeditation. Long standing premed that is.

I keep thinking back to the mail in the hotel room. Maybe she went and got it, and saw something that didn’t make her happy. Then she texts Barry, he returns home, and the rest is history.

Was it about insurance? I thought property insurance. Surely he wasn’t taking out a life insurance policy on her...?

edit:typo

Here’s the thing, Barry is acting like these people are out there badmouthing him. They’re only telling Lauren what happened, and what they saw.

These things just so happen to be damning.

Last minute job, acting bizarrely, leaving useless tools, chlorine, etc.

Then he viciously attacks them, and tries to discredit them. Nice guy.
Like an animal when cornered with no place to go.

So now back to the smell of chlorine, sopping wet towels on the floor, tools left in room but useless for a wall job and the fact it looked like he emptied his truck.

To me this smacks of a tool cleaning party and the guests were left behind so no one back home saw them. In particular, LE.

BBM.

First, a pet peeve.. Since when is it okay to publish hearsay like this? Frankly, I dont care what MG heard second hand, and a journalist shouldn't report it, ever, IMO.

But I do care what she observed re: his behavior, what BMs "friends" said to her about hush money (in case she knew he was in cahoots with the mountain lion, apparently, considering that's what BM was saying happened at that time), and the fact that the job on Sunday was a last minute idea.

Wow. Kudos to LS.

I dunno. AM said many things that LS desperately tried to confirm with LE-- and failed.

Allegedly, BM met JP in town on Saturday and she could have learned from JP that he was with BM when he was supposed to be with his wife.

CBI may have told MG that BM lied to her -- he didn't go home. This may have been - an interview tactic.

We may learn that LS contacted all of the above for comment and received no response.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member