Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BM reported himself as having started a new job with Chaffee County Fire Protection District in August of 2018.

The bridges across Fooses Creek and S Arkansas River, both on County Road 225 and which you would cross if driving on Puma Path to Hwy 50, are not large enough or the water deep enough to suicide on, or to use to hide a body. There may be pools of water in each that could potentially hide a body, but for the most part, these are not deep waterways. Even if snowmelt or heavy rains were affecting water levels, these are not waterways that would easily move a body downstream. IMO because I've not stood on either bridge, just from reading and looking at maps about the area.

The crossing over the S Arkansas River on County Road 225 is closest to Hwy 50.
This statement above is what I was going to say. I live in this area and hike a lot in this area, I wouldn't consider bridges in this particular area any place you'd go to commit suicide.

Also, Foose's Reservoir is not an RV park.

Also there has been speculation about why "people" would move here. This area of Colorado is an outdoors person's paradise and if you are retired or don't work, it's like being on vacation every day here. I know loads of people who came here on vacation(s) in the past and ended up moving here recently.

I believe the husband went on the fire training. I believe her bike was found with the brakes locked. I believe someone hit her purposely and picked her up. Women are being grabbed by strangers, when they are jogging, this was when biking. MOO

Last edited:
This statement above is what I was going to say. I live in this area and hike a lot in this area, I wouldn't consider bridges in this particular area any place you'd go to commit suicide.

Also, Foose's Reservoir is not an RV park.

Also there has been speculation about why "people" would move here. This area of Colorado is an outdoors person's paradise and if you are retired or don't work, it's like being on vacation every day here. I know loads of people who came here on vacation(s) in the past and ended up moving here recently.
Some dispersed camping is allowed in the area though.

To get a search warrant LE had to have something concrete that demonstrated probable cause that a crime had occurred -- that she didn't just take off on her own. What was that? Blood? A message in her cell phone? To get a warrant for the house they had to show that it likely contained items linked to the crime. How did they show that? I don't think they had the info they needed to get the warrant until very recently. If they had it before they would have already gotten the warrant and searched.

JMO
I agree and thanks to everyone who helped get a feel for the size of the creeks and waters that would be under a bridge close to where we think the bicycle was found.

I think we can outrule her jumping or being thrown off a bridge because she likely would have been found.

There is a larger Cimarron river much further west from her home but it seems too far to be in consideration of any bridge she may have been on.

I believe the husband went on the fire training. I believe her bike was found with the brakes locked. I believe someone hit her purposely and picked her up. Women are being grabbed by strangers, when they are jogging well this was when biking.
What has put a stranger abduction down the list for me is the fact that they have a search warrant for the house.
As one scenario, I do consider abduction by someone known to her however, who worked in the home in some capacity. Either that individual abducted her from the home, gaining entrance by some ruse (left his tools behind or whatever), or from the road.

BLM is staying at the property of a friend which is nearby to BLM's own home. He and his friend were "seen leaving the property" as the CSI team arrived. I think the (unclear) meaning could be that BLM and his friend were seen leaving the friend's property as the CSI team arrived at BLM's home.

Hm, you could be right. It is a bit vague.

IMO, their hallmark is providing lots of photos (much more than any other news source) to accompany their articles. The only thing that is lacking is their reporter's specific knowledge of US geography, often slightly confusing cities, states, counties and townships. IMO, still a good news source though

Well, more than geography knowledge is lacking with the DM. While they are my first read for breaking news, they often repeat the same paragraphs numerous times in a story and appear to not have basic English writing skills. However, they get the news!

I'm also wondering whether Suzanne may have made decisions on her own about what plumber, electrician or whoever they may have required, without Barry knowing the person . (since he may have been away a lot). She may have paid the worker, and filed the invoice away. It's possible they are investigating invoices among those papers taken, ..who has been in the house?

I believe the husband went on the fire training. I believe her bike was found with the brakes locked. I believe someone hit her purposely and picked her up. Women are being grabbed by strangers, when they are jogging, this was when biking. MOO
Maybe it wasn’t a fire training at all. Perhaps a job for his landscaping business? MOO

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

UPDATE: 200 tips received for #SuzanneMorphew #MissingPerson Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze issued a search warrant for the Morphew home that has been sealed by the court. He says this is not unusual in these types of investigations.
Some posters said it appeared that LE had cut out some carpet from the home and taken it away in an evidence bag -- that doesn't seem like a run of the mill missing persons investigation to me. JMO. Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

To get a search warrant LE had to have something concrete that demonstrated probable cause that a crime had occurred -- that she didn't just take off on her own. What was that? Blood? A message in her cell phone? To get a warrant for the house they had to show that it likely contained items linked to the crime. How did they show that? I don't think they had the info they needed to get the warrant until very recently. If they had it before they would have already gotten the warrant and searched.
I agree. They found something. Maybe data from his cell phone showing he was at a location that he shouldn’t have been. Meaning a location that conflicted with his statement of where he was. MOO

Good questions, BTW.
I mentioned earlier today that I wasn't surprised that the home was being searched
and cordoned off yesterday because, IMO, the
forensics from digital tracking of the phones
and GPS on vehicles would likely be in and often this triggers showing some mistruths
or things that don't add up.
NG also said husband has lawyered up.
Does this mean he's no longer co-operating?
Maybe.
Things are coming together for LE, IMO.
It was mentioned earlier that LE has hubby's
phone and truck. Suppose those are separate
search warrants.

The Daily Mail is a Websleuth's approved source. It is a UK based publication. I think some years ago it might have been a bit on the shady side, but in recent years has done some solid reporting.

IMO, their hallmark is providing lots of photos (much more than any other news source) to accompany their articles. The only thing that is lacking is their reporter's specific knowledge of US geography, often slightly confusing cities, states, counties and townships. IMO, still a good news source though.

IMO, JMO

Not a shame to admit this...I'm a DM junkie! On the news side, I find it somewhat informative and it often does have up to date info. On the celebrity side, it's trashy and gossipy, but reading the comments can be quite entertaining, and a nice mindless diversion! JMO

I wonder whether volunteer firefighters ever meet up with colleagues/close friends on weekends for self-initiated ‘training’. You know, work-outs and that sort of thing.

I would think it is very doubtful a training event like this would be held on Mother’s Day week-end. There are too many mothers and wives that would be upset for their sons and husbands to be gone.

JMO, I am not buying his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member